Crown Prince Hamdan current events: August 2008-December 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was anyone else surprised that he spoke english? It was interesting to here english and arabic mixed.

I was very suprised and his English is much better then it used to be. He must have been studying :reading:

Yess... i was very surprised and happy at the same time when i heard him speaking in english.. He speaks good english thou =P !! He must be stuyding harder now being the CP of Dubai he needs to be fluent in english to be able to communicate w/ foreigners and since it's the 1st language spoken world wide.

Yess... i was very surprised and happy at the same time when i heard him speaking in english.. He speaks good english thou =P !! He must be stuyding harder now being the CP of Dubai he needs to be fluent in english to be able to communicate w/ foreigners and since it's the 1st language spoken world wide.

Indeed, a great improvement in his English. Now he needs to grow up... A couple of years ago he strugled to string a sentence together. Sheikh Rashid & Sheikh Ahmed Bin Mohammed have always had the best spoken English among the brothers, much better than the old man's.:whistling:

More photos from the poetry festival.
I like these though it's simple.
1 2

Both pics are not so "current". Though they are nice.
Is it Ipod headphones on the last one?:whistling:

And yes, lips are ...mrrr:kiss:
New pic
From the race great angle

Thanks for the pictures, Sheikh Hamdan has beautiful eyes!!

A little more decorum, please

The relatively liberal emirate tightens its rules against kissing in public...

New rules for Dubai | A little more decorum, please | The Economist

I think kissing in public is immoral not only in muslim countries but everywhere. It's vulgar and make sense that people don't value theur relationship.
But well, if there will be strict rules about dressing I think plenty of tourists won't choose Dubai for their travel. In one hand, it's good because it seems to me that Dubai is losing it's own cultural values and now these tourists who wanted just to have fun without being interested in local traditions and it's respect, now they won't go here and won't spoil the atmosphere. But they have plenty of money. And...it's sad but that's a fact. Dubai depends on tourism.
Well, let's see what happens.

ps Are you sure that it was Hamdan bin Mohammed? Artcile just says Sheikh Hamdan Al Maktoum...

]:ROFLMAO:hahahhaah are u kidding?? who is actually tryin to tighten this code of conduct the "old" Sheikh hamdan or fazza3?? Well i don't know how this will be taken by the visitors i am sure if Dubai starts stricting its laws people will simply stop visiting and therefore they will lose $ especially now with this economic problem...U WANT to ATTRACT visitors and not turn them away... U WANT to make $ and NOT lose it. I simply can't believe that this is Fazza3 behind this "code of conduct" thing...Not disrespecting nor being stuck up or anything but if its fazza 3 behind all this I wish to go to Dubai and let him see me i am sure he'll break this "code of conduct" thing very quickly...uauhauhauhauahuh:lol:
HUMMMMMMMM kissing is SOOOOOOOOO GOOD!!!;):angel:

Sheikh Hamdan, is one of the most attractive men that I've seen who is from the Gulf. :) I wish him all the best in the seemingly heavy endeavors that comes with being the CP.

A little more decorum, please

The relatively liberal emirate tightens its rules against kissing in public...

New rules for Dubai | A little more decorum, please | The Economist

hmm... I think there should be rule everywhere that would confine "swimsuit-wearers to beaches"... (btw, when I was in Dubai, I dressed very "conservatively" but still men stared at me.. if I ever get to go back, I'll probably dress in abaya and niqab... x) sorry, off-topic...:blush:)

ps Are you sure that it was Hamdan bin Mohammed? Artcile just says Sheikh Hamdan Al Maktoum...

it says "the crown prince, sheik Hamdan al-Maktoum" :) just "bin Mohammed" left out of it...

When growing up I was always taught this one rule: whether you are an invited guest or a traveller, you are still in someone else's home so to speak. If you cannot follow their "house" rules then politely decline or simply do not visit. I have seen some of these public displays of affection and I was uncomfortable and I consider myself to be liberal. To know the house rules and break them is inconsiderate and rude to the host.:nonono:

I believe that you can enjoy a place without go GIRLS GONE WILD or something. ANd i live in a pretty liberal city. Tourism doesnt have to be SEX SEX SEX, maybe Dubai is goin to encourage that. But i think this law puts a Sheikh Hamdan in a very conservative side, something that i honestly dont see it comming if you believe to those people that once said that Sheikh Hamdan was a very modern leader.

Still love him!!!!

hmm... I think there should be rule everywhere that would confine "swimsuit-wearers to beaches"... (btw, when I was in Dubai, I dressed very "conservatively" but still men stared at me.. if I ever get to go back, I'll probably dress in abaya and niqab... x) sorry, off-topic...:blush:)

it says "the crown prince, sheik Hamdan al-Maktoum" :) just "bin Mohammed" left out of it...

U reminded me of something...I talked to this girl who went to Dubai months ago and she said that GUYS from DUBAI are very SEXUALLY ORIENTED.. So no wonder why u felt so uncomfortable when the men were staring at u.. I strongly believe that we all need to live under certain types of "rules" in order to have order and everything runs smoothly but come on now dont be so strict..No offense but when talkin about Middle East in general is a little complex b/c of the image that people create and now tighten up laws i guess it will scary the visitors away....:ermm::cool:
BTW Sheikh Hamdan SUREEE does not look so conservative TO ME at least.. His big eyess tell me otherwise......:whistling::angel:

I think that kissing in public and some other displays of affection (in public) aren't correct, it feels very uncomfortable being around people acting like that.
When visiting another country people have to adhere to its culture.

< ed Warren >
All this pretencious sycophancy. The more naieve among you would be astounded at the explicit complicitiy & instruction that is the true story of the architechture of Dubai.
I have seen Sheikhs kissed, (albeit not snogged) & hugged in public... in Dubai & Abu Dhabi several times. These occaisional announcements & the occaisional & very rare prosecution are nothing more than text book PR, examples of populist politics that render the appearence that the sensibilities of the most conservative members of Emirati society are being addressed.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the theories about Hamdan is that because he is young he is not totally accepted by the older members of their society. I think this is one of his ways to endear himself to that demographic. Will it go away? Oh no!:rolleyes: If one walks through the stores and looks at some of the products on the shelves, it is very open. Maybe the idea is to keep it behind closed doors. You know, don't ask - don't tell. :lol:

I have been waiting for tommy1's words on this.:D

There was one documentary about Dubai. And it says that some things are under a kind of strict rules such as drugs, but other things are pretty ok such as prostitution. And if I'm not mistaken in the film locals talk about it. Actually, it's clear. If dating and local women are unapproachable soo..young men (and not so young) contain their..erm..physical needs? Also as someone mentioned in previous posts arabs are more sexually active than other nations.
In this way it seems that Hamdan wanted to secure all arab men from temptation. ;)
I'm going to Dubai in April, let's see how the things are in reality :ninja:

You re awesome Tommy1!!!!

Thks for the pics... Hamdan is all about BLUE!!! hahahahah
I am sure its his favorite color thou.... ;):ROFLMAO:

He's so shy in the interview. Hamdan has lose so much weight lately. Girls do you know why Hamdan has lost weight?

He's so shy in the interview. Hamdan has lose so much weight lately. Girls do you know why Hamdan has lost weight?
i wouldn't say he's "shy" but very CAUTIOUS with the media...Most royals are known to hate the media b/c any slip up and u're damned...=/
I think that Hamdan has lost so much weight probably for his wedding...Since i heard----> (don't know if it's accurate) his bride to be is so young and Hamdan is so much older than her i think that he wants to look younger by losing weight..But in my point of view he's crossed the line already...he sure is in need of some flesh...heheheheh =)

I've moved half a dozen posts to the Royals and Sunglasses thread in Royal Style File where there are other posts on Hamdan's sunglasses.

Warren
Dubai moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom