The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Ruling Families of the United Arab Emirates > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 11:08 PM
Aristocracy

Hi!! you re totally right, in some place here a i read "discretion is the name of the game" or something like that, i guess we ll never know. And this moment they all have plenty issues to worried about

Old 10-30-2008, 12:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Of course, muslim boys & girls date! I am from Turkey & I am muslim. Our country is really modern so, in Turkey boys & girls can date!

In Dubai & In Gulf countries lots of people don't date, because of their culture. But in Turkey, our culture is modern & so we date. Between Colombia's culture & Turkish culture are same in some ways & we're same in that,too!

Old 10-30-2008, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Can we please keep religion out of the discussion since everyone has their own view points on what is/not allowed and since we dont know whether Sheikh Hamdan is dating or not can we please not speculate about it. This is a current event thread so lets try & stay on topic.

Thanks
Old 10-31-2008, 04:10 PM
Gentry

I wouldnt trust a man who never ever misbehaves anyway, its not human.
That said Hamdan do seem to take his responsabilities very seriously and in general (so far) seems like a family oriented guy which is the best you can hope for in a dynastic society I guess.
As to the question of him having the drive and vision of his father I reckon that hes more of a caretaker than a groundbreaker which I personally feel is rather comfortable...less risky anyway.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:49 PM
Gentry

In my opinion Maktoum is more serious than Hamdan but Hamdan also have a lot of responsibilities and work hard. I've lived in dubai and i know that these guys have a lot of money(unimaginable)!! they can do everything they want with their fortune ... and of course when you don't konw what to do with it it's normal that they spend all their time in drinking, having girls... It's a shame.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:15 PM
Aristocracy

i hope you guys from dubai realize that you have destroyed the dreams of all the young female posters on this forum who have believed that hamdan is the example of purity and galantry.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:38 PM
Gentry

To be honest they are doing a lot more than just partying, the downside of being part of a ruling House is that you must be on your toes constantly because not only must you safeguard what you got against outsiders and keep your people reasonably happy, you must also manouvre for position within the family hierarchy by showing your abilities, competence and commitment or your standing will be "downgraded" If you follow me.
Just look how Sheikh Hamdan was given the position of crown prince this year because Sheikh Rashid was deemed unsuitable.
That would have been unlikely if the monarchy was just ceremonial like in many other countries.
This of course provides excellent job opportunities for the sons of tribes/clans/families allied to the guys at the top because they are very keen to employ competent people that can take care of the tedious business of actually running things while of course it strengthens loyalties to the ruling House by having a tribe/clan/family member in a position of power.

Just my 2 cents...
Old 10-31-2008, 07:11 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss b View Post
i hope you guys from dubai realize that you have destroyed the dreams of all the young female posters on this forum who have believed that hamdan is the example of purity and galantry.

Come on Miss B...

Im sure Sheikh Hamdan is very pleasant individual able to provide both galantry and charm to the girl of his dreams (how could anyone resist a poet as well..) and Im sure they would be frustrated if finding him to pure of mind to woo a girl properly or unable to comprehend the more base sides of life.
We might all cheerish our hopes about anyone but in the long run we as humans need a true partner more than a perfect dream.

Or so I believe at least...
Old 10-31-2008, 07:14 PM
Aristocracy

what i meant was that, they are not like the celebrities, at least from this part of the world, where media can find out what did X person.
that is why is so sad, everything is hide we dont have any specific or evidence, and there is people like me that cant afford a investigation trip to Dubai. I just trust in what you say really.
And again, they are human, rich, powerfull i know they are having a GOOD FUN!!
Old 10-31-2008, 09:17 PM
Aristocracy

i know where you are coming from. i have heard all these stories. i always thought hazza and tahnoun were the examples of "good behavior". after living in abu dhabi, i realize that there is a reason that they fly under the radar.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:13 AM
Gentry

As amusing this discussion is I fear thgat we are getting away from Sheikh Hamdans current events..which is the threads purpose.

As for Sheikhs Hazza and Tahnoun bin Zayed they are a business tandem couple seen in a lot of places, the two of them are calling the shots in the very profitable First Gulf Bank for example.
What one wonders is how much their setups are part of Hazzas work as head of intelligence..?
Old 11-01-2008, 06:54 AM
Gentry

Schwalker,
I know that sheikh Hamdan deserves the name of crown prince, he was all the time with his father he worked hard not like Rsahid and he was sheikh mo prefered son since he was eight and sheikh mo wrote a lot of poems to him. But it doesn't mean that he is so good so perferct....But I don't like "the other side" of their life multiple marriages and girls,drinking..... Fazza must be more modern than his father but it seems that he follows his footsteps, i hope that he will have one wife lol. In my opinion Maktoum is the most modern and serious boy in this family and he also has an university degree.
Sheikh Maktoum Hasher Al Matoum(a1 grand prix) is the most modern guy in The Matoum wealthy family and did a good job in Alfajr groupe with his father and speaks a perfect english too, i really like him.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:08 AM
Gentry

Yes, but Sheikh Mo must surely prefer one of hos own sons to follow him even if Sheikh Maktoum Hasher Maktoum Al Maktoum is the rising star within the Maktoum clan?

No one doubts that Sheikh Maktoum will be an extremely important and powerful part of the future though...
Old 11-01-2008, 05:27 PM
Gentry

Schwalker,
The crown prince of sharjah isn't the son of the ruler he is his wife's brother so Mo can do the same... well it's not my choice lol it's just my opinion.

Jlova Good news and i'm sure that they will win in Malaysia wish them the best!
Old 11-02-2008, 04:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Photos:
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Old 11-02-2008, 02:50 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlova View Post
I think that this pictures are recent but im not sure, i dont know if it have been already posted but here they are

[ Am i E v e r Gona Find Out..? ] on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
This is not Hamdan. I think
Old 11-02-2008, 03:57 PM
Commoner

Who is that girl leaning on him, is that really hamdan?
Old 11-02-2008, 05:23 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncjohnso08 View Post
Who is that girl leaning on him, is that really hamdan?
Its his sister Sheikha I think..
Old 11-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tee View Post
This is not Hamdan. I think
Is official i need to adjust my glasses lol. i had the same doubt, maybe someone could tell us if he is.