The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Ruling Families of the United Arab Emirates > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 11:43 AM
Gentry

I love those photos in Turkey! And i agree with u, i think too that hes killing too much animals!

Old 07-30-2009, 11:12 PM
Aristocracy

I just remember a few months ago we dicuss this guys hunting habbits or whatever judging over a picture that make this hunting pics like child´s playing.

I really like Hamdan but this have been a major turn off for me :(

Old 07-31-2009, 12:01 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlova View Post
I just remember a few months ago we dicuss this guys hunting habbits or whatever judging over a picture that make this hunting pics like child´s playing.

I really like Hamdan but this have been a major turn off for me :(

Yes, but weren't the graphic ones Rashid? With the Zebra?
We were judging Hamdan because he was letting his brother do l such a thing.

Either way... Hamdan was cutting a bird with a knife, cutting off an animals foot, and shooting too many poor wild animals!! I was so upset by these pictures.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:57 AM
Commoner

My first post!

About the picture's, well, I think they let us see a different side to Hamdan for sure but I think some people forget that the Arab culture is very different and that hunting is natural for them and not really a big deal.

I do think he was hunting a LOT of animals and truthfully I wasn't very impressed BUT there were pictures of him taking pictures of other animals and so he was clearly admiring them also. I assure you, the bird that he was cutting 'with a knife' was definitely dead, from my knowledge of arab culture it is important that the animal feels no pain and suffers a quick death.

On a positive note.. he was serving food lol!
Old 07-31-2009, 01:19 PM
Aristocracy

Well, being in touch with my FEW Arab roots, it is true that the animal must suffer a short and easy death. But in the Arab culture if you hunt you must eat. If you are ding both, hunting, throwing away, and eating its not allowed because everything you kill must be eaten otherwise its considered a sin.I highly doubt they were eating all of the animals. They were eating the birds, and other animals, but they killed too many to eat all of them..

Either way... I think what took place, took place we cant do anything about it so before it becomes a big issue I think we should stop.
I am sorry for bringing it up in the first place.

I have to give you props for noticing that he was admiring the animals. I noticed he was talking pictures but I never thought of it in that way...
BTW Welcome to the forums!
Old 07-31-2009, 05:56 PM
Nobility

jlova thanks for the pics

I really disagree about hunting
Old 07-31-2009, 08:07 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessofuae View Post
Yes, but weren't the graphic ones Rashid? With the Zebra?
We were judging Hamdan because he was letting his brother do l such a thing.
I guess i was (and still) disturb by the whole lot of pics of the having the most incredible FUN doing those mean acts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucantuosi View Post
jlova thanks for the pics
You are totally welcome Nena!!!
Old 08-01-2009, 03:01 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Whether European royalty or UAE ruling family, one of the characteristics both share in common is the passion for hunting.
Many of us may find it distasteful, but to 'aristocrats' of all types and persuasions, hunting is a traditional and honourable pasttime.
From Prince William in the UK to Crown Prince Hamdan in Dubai (or Africa), it's what they do. It's just the way it is, and always has been.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:50 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Whether European royalty or UAE ruling family, one of the characteristics both share in common is the passion for hunting.
Many of us may find it distasteful, but to 'aristocrats' of all types and persuasions, hunting is a traditional and honourable pasttime.
From Prince William in the UK to Crown Prince Hamdan in Dubai (or Africa), it's what they do. It's just the way it is, and always has been.

But it could change if they want to! And that´s my point.
But I know what you mean by your post. " Is time to move on"
Old 08-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlova View Post
But it could change if they want to! And that´s my point.
But I know what you mean by your post. " Is time to move on"

But why does it need to change? this is their tradition and in my opinion, it's not the worst thing in the world.

Honestly, how can we know exactly how many animals he was killing? In some pictures it is clear that Hamdan is shooting at target boards, so he's getting some shooting practise, NOT hunting. It's funny how we're quick to assume that he was killing loads of animals. I think I saw all in all two dead birds, one dead goat and a foot of something. That's not a lot of animals imo. In addition, there was clearly a large group of people who went on this trip, so there were a lot of mouths to feed and perhaps the left over meat was given to the locals that we saw sheikh Mohammed with.

There's far too much critism of their hunting habbits when in actual fact we don't have ALL the facts.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:11 PM
Administrator in Memoriam

Please note that neither this thread, nor any other in the Dubai forum, is to be used to make political rants against the ruling elites of the UAE and other countries.
Such posts will be removed.

- - - - - -

Hunting, like bullfighting in Spain, is a traditional and legal activity. Members will have a divergence of views on the subject. Further discussion of the rights and wrongs of hunting should be done in Members' Corner.

thanks,
Warren
Dubai moderator
Old 08-02-2009, 07:27 PM

Going back to the photos, I'll admit, this man is very handsome. But I would have to know his personality before I could judge him as a man. There are a lot of handsome men in the world, and I've met a lot who, after I got to know them, they became more and more ugly to me just because of their cold heart and their nasty attitude. I'm sure we've all had that experience. Because of that, nowadays, looks just aren't enough to get my attention anymore.

To be fair, I've never seen this guy's personality... But if he is kind, loving and caring, then he's certainly got my vote! lol
Old 08-24-2009, 11:33 AM
Aristocracy

Hamdan has got himself a new nickname. Before he used to be Fazza3(Suns reflection) now he is DirtyDuet(Translated). Its all over his website. Instead of writing Fazza3 for one of his poems he wrote DirtyDuet. I am trying to find what it is in Arabic.

I kinda liked Fazza3
Old 08-24-2009, 11:38 AM
Aristocracy

Hamdan visits rulers with his Dad
Hamdan Visiting

This is the article on Sheikh Mohammeds website with a video
Article with Video
Old 08-24-2009, 05:23 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Hamdan has got himself a new nickname. Before he used to be Fazza3(Suns reflection) now he is DirtyDuet(Translated). Its all over his website. Instead of writing Fazza3 for one of his poems he wrote DirtyDuet. I am trying to find what it is in Arabic.

I kinda liked Fazza3

He wrote a new nickname in Arabic meaning "dirtyduet"?? That does not make any sense to me... R u sure girl?? b/c we know that he's well known by Fazza3, changing his nickname would not be a good idea since many people know him by Fazza3.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:58 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Hamdan visits rulers with his Dad
Hamdan Visiting

This is the article on Sheikh Mohammeds website with a video
Article with Video
I'd hate to be the poor dude that had to type that "article". The whole piece was just a laundry-list of sheikhs. How does one actually qualify this to be "news". Even moreso a "news story"?
Old 08-24-2009, 11:07 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindinha856 View Post
He wrote a new nickname in Arabic meaning "dirtyduet"?? That does not make any sense to me... R u sure girl?? b/c we know that he's well known by Fazza3, changing his nickname would not be a good idea since many people know him by Fazza3.

I agree with you. But that is what his website said. Although it may be a forum where everyone writes but it's said to be official news. Before it was photos fazza and videos fazza. Now it's photos dirtyduet and videos dirtyduet. People were like oh dirtyduets in london dirtyduet on the first day of Ramadan. So it's pretty official. I don't like the nickname dirtyduet. Dirtyduet is translated it's probably pronounced a total different way.

He was the one who published a poem under the name dirtyduet. I don't like it at all.
I love the name fazza3 and I love fazza!! Sorry dirtyduet. Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by as3330a View Post
I'd hate to be the poor dude that had to type that "article". The whole piece was just a laundry-list of sheikhs. How does one actually qualify this to be "news". Even moreso a "news story"?

I totally chuckled when I read this post. I agree but if you are getting paid to do that... Well sign me up! LOL I think this dude or dudette considers himself lucky when he sees the Saudi royal family. God bless all royal families but there are too many to count.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:07 AM
Aristocracy

Sheikh Hamdan receives the crowned prince of Fujairah (Sheikha Latifa's Husband)
Video also in the link.
Sheikh Mohammed, Sheikh Hamdan receive Crowned Prince of Fujairah
Old 08-25-2009, 02:40 PM
Gentry

I dont like 'dirtyduet' either... Fazza3 has a nice translation, its nice and warm... hmmm, back to the animal situacion, i do understand that it is their coulture, but they are representing thamselfs as a new modern country, so it is just my opinion that they should let some tradicions go... I get that he likes and better to say, loves animals, but killing tham is not showing that love... I was not so upset about the photos, i just think its not ok..
Old 08-25-2009, 03:03 PM
Aristocracy

"dirtyDuet"? LOL
Hamdan is comin accross as such an attention seeker... I am startin to get the feelin that he's already forcin it, wanting to be "soo cool"...

Closed Thread