Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 3: June 2014 - Sept. 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:
With Victoria's winning smile and wonderful personality she will make a monarchist of him in no time. What beautiful pictures of Victoria and her family with this young man. Just a mom out walking the children and teaching the youngest to ride a bike.

:previous:
With Victoria's winning smile and wonderful personality she will make a monarchist of him in no time. What beautiful pictures of Victoria and her family with this young man. Just a mom out walking the children and teaching the youngest to ride a bike.
I had no idea that Daniel speaks Portuguese! Didnt he make some real estate investments in Brazil a few years before he married Victoria? If so maybe thats when he learnt the language.

I had no idea that Daniel speaks Portuguese! Didnt he make some real estate investments in Brazil a few years before he married Victoria? If so maybe thats when he learnt the language.

Daniel can speak portuguese with queen Silvia.

The Pride Week in Stockholm starts today, and swedish Gala Magazine pays tribute to Victoria delivering the Prize "Gay of the Year" to Jonas Gardell in 2013.
Gala pays tribute to Victoria's direct and so important statement
Victoria got standing ovations and in TV4's "Kronprinsessan Victoria 40 år" with Ebba Kleberg von Sydow, Jonas Gardell about the feeling Victoria making this important statement:
- Why are we so excited about the Crown Princess? I think it has to do with the need to understand how long our path has been to be introduced into society. And whatever you think about the Crown Princess, she is the premier representative of Sweden and she comes to us. You can not estimate how much we loved it and how much it wasneeded. And purely historically, probably no other royal house in any country has made that kind of recognition. I think she understood the political value of what she did and because of that she will have our never-ending thanks, says Jonas Gardell in the program.
The article has video of the QX-gala and Victoria delivering the Prize
GALA hyllar kronprinsessan Victorias tydliga och sååå viktiga statement

Really cute pictures yet hats and coats in July 2917? Is it that cold already wherever they are?

:previous: I reckon these photos were taken a while ago, but here in Britain it's been like a winter day today. We've had non-stop rain and I would have definitely dressed a baby like Oscar in what he was wearing today. Perhaps it's the same in Sweden. Also, even though these photos were posted on Victoria's birthday, they could have been taken earlier and posted as a happy birthday wish - maybe the poster wanted to save them for her birthday.

On another note, the photos are adorable! I love Oscar's little hat. In the second photo he looks like a clone of his older sister.

When you look at the clothes of Victoria, Oscar and this woman, and the people on the background, I think that the photos have been taken in the spring, perhaps in April or May.

Svensk Damtidning told yesterday, that Victoria and Daniel attended yesterday at their friend Cristina Stenbeck's 40th birthday party at an island at Stockholm archipelago. 250 guests have arrived from all over the world (Cristina's mother is from USA and her husband Alexander Fitzgibbons is british), and many of them stay at the Grand Hotel. Cristina's birthday is on 27th September but she celebrates already now.
In addition to Victoria and Daniel, among the guests are H&M family Persson and Caroline Kreuger Nilsson. There is a big party tent and the celebration continues for three days.
Svensk Damtidning will have an article and photos of the party at their next issue, no photos at the article.
Just nu! Svensk Damtidning avslöjar_ Victoria och Daniel på miljardärskan Stenbecks 40-årsfest _ Svensk Damtidning

Cristina Stenbeck is one of the experts at Prince Daniel's Fellowship and CS Stiftelse för nästa generation (Cristina Stenbeck Youth Foundation) is a founding partner of Generation Pep (GEN-PEP).

Last edited:
Svensk Damtidning has an article about Victoria's network, about the women who have helped her during the years.
Ulla Gitta Kronberg, 84. Queen Silvia hired her as the private governess to her children and she was extra support for them for many years.
Ulla-Britta, Victoria's first teacher at school. At the classroom everyone called her Victoria, not the crown princess. Ulla-Britta told to Svensk Damtidning some years ago that Victoria was a little shy but above all a caring pupil. If someone fell or was sorry, Victoria was quickly there to comfort.
Louise Dinkelspiel, the mother-in-law of Victoria's friend, was her mentor for many years, and her teacher in English at Enskilda Gymnasiet. Louise has described Victoria as a committed and very motivated student. Victoria sat in the front and made notes all the time.
Annika Rahm. When Victoria moved to USA to get professional help with her anorexia, there was experienced dietitian Annika Rahm. Victoria moved to her red villa in Stamford and swedish Annika, who now has over 30 years experience about treating eating disorders, was an important part for her to became healthy again.
Alice Trolle-Wachtmeister was the first lady of the court for many years and a big support for Victoria. A wise, straight and very determined countess.
Princess Christina, the wise aunt, who knows how to balance life between the royal and the common and has always been there for Victoria with her wise thoughts and good advice.
Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg, the former Director of the press department and Head of Victoria's Household. They travelled all over the world together and were a close-knit team. And now when she doesn't work for the court anymore, she is there for Victoria as a friend.
Ewa Westling, Daniel's mother, opened her arms and her home to Victoria. There she gives Victoria her home made cabbage pudding and a dosage of refreshing, common family life. Lovely and quite different for a crown princess who has grown up at 192 rooms and a kitchen.
Tina Törnqvist, Victoria's stylist, has for over eight years helped Victoria with her outfits and style.
Mother queen Silvia, the best role model. She has taught Victoria and told how to keep interest with long speeches "The most boring thing is not to listen". Victoria will be a good queen, said queen Silvia to Brazilian O Globo. "She has a great compassion and a big heart and she is intelligent. She is a good person and a good mother".
Sister Madeleine. Althought they are very different like a night and day, Madeleine is always there for Victoria and they understand eachother well. Both are also mothers of small children now and have the same problems and enjoyments.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

The research project High-level dialogue with private sector keystone actors in the seafood industry, led by the Stockholm Resilience Centre's associate professor Henrik Österblom, won Sweden Impact Award 2017’s category Social Sciences and Humanities in June. Initiative is the first time that companies from Asia, Europe and the US have come together with the aim to end unsustainable practices
Victoria attended as patron at the meetings with the seafood companies in Maldives "Soneva Dialogue" in November 2016 and in Stockholm "Stockholm Dialogue" in May, and at the presentation of the SeaBOS Initiative at the UN World Ocean Conference in June.
Novel centre initiative wins Sweden Impact Award - Stockholm Resilience Centre

A follow-up meeting will take place in 2018 (tentatively in May and in Tokyo, Japan). We will see if Victoria goes again to Japan.

Victoria and Daniel attended on last Saturday at the joint 40th birthday party of their friends Rebecka and Gustaf Wiiburg. They both had their 40th birthdays earlier this year but celebrated last Saturday. The party was held at Ericsbergs Castle to the east from Katrineholm in Södermanland. It was raining when the guests arrived.
Family Bonde owns Ericsberg Castle through Ericsbergs Fideikommis AB. Jewellery designer Charlotte Bonde grew up there and one of her sisters runs the place. Gustaf Wiiburg has spent many summers there, his mother is Eva Bonde Wiiburg.
The article has also an old photo of Victoria and Daniel attending at the wedding of Rebecka and Gustaf Wiiburg in June 2007.
Victoria och Daniel på 40-årsfest _ Svensk Damtidning

About Ericsbergs Castle
Ericsbergs Castle

Also Leonie and Karl-Johan Persson, Caroline and Peder Dinkelspiel, Ellen and Jan Dinkelspiel and Katarina and Robert von Horn attended the party. Photos of them here:
Victorias och Daniels vänner på stora slottspartyt _ Svensk Damtidning

Last edited:
Swedish opera singer (tenor) Rickard Söderberg's interview was at Svensk Damtidning some weeks ago. Among other things Söderberg was asked:
What do you think of the royal family?
- Oh, I was just hanging out with Victoria some days ago. We were dealing a prize at the Concert Hall (at the Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award, Söderberg sang there). It is always extremely nice to meet her. She is just the best. Nicest and always coolest. When everyone else is sweating, she is just flawless!
Her speech at the QX-gala (when Victoria delivered the Gay of the Year Award) was so fine...
- I know, I was there and the tears just flowed. It was amazing, said Söderberg.

Swedish artist Hans Frode and his japanese wife Tokiko were interviewed in Svensk Damtidning some weeks ago. Hans Frode is working with neon & glass, all images at his works are painted on glass.
Hans Frode came to Öland first in 1983. The king and queen have visited his exhibition during the summer. And when Victoria spent a year in USA, she wanted to learn to blow glass and so Hans and Tokiko Frode became her teachers.
Hans Frode says:
- Victoria was competent and incredibly interested in learning. The Crown Princess is one of the better students I have had. Amazingly fearless and really good at taking directions. It's probably one of the hardest things with glass blowing that one has to listen and do what people say, says Hans and Tokiko continues:
- And she is a person who likes challenges, learning new things and is open while she can show gratitude.
For Tokiko, who grew up in Japan and who hadn't learned so much about Sweden and its royalty, it became very special to get to know Crown Princess Victoria.
- In Japan, the imperial family doesn't walk around ordinary people in that way.
Hans and Tokiko live now in Osaka, but they have a house in Öland.

Victoria has told at an interview in 2000 about her interest in blowing glass.

Victoria opened Hans Frode's exhibition, “Parallel You-Niverse" at Småland's museum in Växjö on 9th May 2009.
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010040011J15045833732199206
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010040021J15045833732199206
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010040031J15045833732199206
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010040051J15045833732199206

Last edited:
Photographer Paul Hansen, who took photos to Victoria and Daniel's Wedding book Vårt bröllop, has exhibition "Being There" in Fotografiska from 8 September to 19 November.

Always there in body and spirit, Paul Hansen is a photojournalist who has covered everything from wars to royal weddings. His warm and penetrating gaze has garnered him numerous awards and respect from colleagues and viewers alike. Fotografiska has the great pleasure to present a generous selection from Hansen’s extensive production in an exhibition entitled Being There running 8 September through 19 November and coinciding with the release of an eponymous book published by Max Ström with texts by the photographer.
He describes how these extended missions, when he can focus on and delve into the issues at hand, also function as complements to the stressful life of a photojournalist, constantly on a mission to capture and deliver images to the newsdesk. Here he also “listens with his heart”, as, for example, when he captured the Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden beaming with happiness as she danced with her bridegroom Daniel Westling from Ockelbo.
A photo of Victoria and Daniel starting their wedding waltz is at the exhibition (also more I think)
Being There - Fotografiska

This photo is also at the exhibition.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BYyR83qByAW/?hl=fi&taken-by=fotografiska

Some of Paul Hansen's photos
Fotografiska öppnar stor utställning med DN_s Paul Hansens bilder_ ”En dålig bild är en som inte berör dig” - DN.SE

Last edited:
Daniel has today his 44th birthday. The court publishes a new photo of him, taken by Erika Gerdemark. People can congratulate Daniel at court's social media or with a form at court website.
Prins Daniel 44 år - Sveriges Kungahus

HQ photo here
https://www.kungahuset.se/images/20...HPrinsDaniel_15sept2017FotoErikaGerdemark.jpg

Court Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZDXCjnn7Pe/

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Kungahuset...515803374007/1557669177625322/?type=3&theater

Grattis prins Daniel på födelsedagen – så här grattar vi på GALA dig!

Prins Daniel fyller 44 år _ Svensk Damtidning

The court told to Svensk Damtidning:
- The prince celebrates his birthday with his family home at Haga Palace.
44 år idag! Så firar prins Daniel sin födelsedag _ Svensk Damtidning

Stoppa pressarna publishes 44 photos of Daniel, claiming that some of the photos are totally unknown. I have seen all the photos, not even one unseen there.
Prins Daniel firar 44-årsdag _ Stoppa Pressarna

Generation Pep congratulates Daniel

En Frisk Generation congratulates their patron prince Daniel with two photos
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZDdAwzgKyi/?tagged=prinsdaniel

Congratulations from
Expressen
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZDsQM_nR8Y/?tagged=prinsdaniel
TV4 Nyhetsmorgon News morning
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZDisYSDDEj/?tagged=prinsdaniel
Kungliga Magasinet
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZDL3AwDWz8/?tagged=prinsdaniel

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread has been closed. You can find the new thread here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom