Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 2: September 2010 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another part is the 30th birthday that Daniel had. The king had him postpone it after Anna Lindhs death and he never had a big party.

I am also not sure that Lindwall was on Greenland at the time of Daniels surgery.
If i were to investigate the book even further i would find more errors.

According to Anna Careborg from Expressen Daniel had his 30th birthday party at the beginning of October 2003 with 84 guests at Stallmästaregården. Among the guests were also Carl Philip, Emma, Madeleine and Jonas.
Daniels vilda fest | Nyheter | Expressen | Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Ekonomi Nöje
Daniel vill inte berätta om nattens fest | Nyheter | Expressen | Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Ekonomi Nöje
Also Aftonbladet wrote about the party
Vilket kalas det blev, Victoria! | Nöjesbladet | Aftonbladet
Säpo hjälpte Daniel med paketen | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

A video of Lindwall reporting from the airport in Greenland.
"Frustrerande resa" | Inrikes | Inrikes
"Now I only want to go home to Daniel", said the Crown Princess to Expressen's Johan T Lindwall in Greenland.
"Nu vill jag bara hem till Daniel" | Nyheter | Expressen | Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Ekonomi Nöje

Last edited:
Victoria and Daniel stopped to have something to eat at Marsöfiskaren in Fårbo yesterday when they were on their way back home from Solliden, where they had been at Easter. Estelle was of course with them. They ate smoked salmon and bought some things from the shop. They have visited Marsöfiskaren also before.
Kronprinsessparet besökte Marsöfiskaren - Barometern
The website of Marsöfiskaren
Catering Fårbo Marsöfiskarens Delikatessbutik
There has been news at the finnish press (obviously quoting Expressen), that Victoria and Daniel had also made a short visit to Ockelbo during the Easter, maybe they drove to Solliden from there.

Last edited:
Victoria and Daniel stopped to have something to eat at Marsöfiskaren in Fårbo yesterday when they were on their way back home from Solliden, where they had been at Easter. Estelle was of course with them. They ate smoked salmon and bought some things from the shop. They have visited Marsöfiskaren also before.
Kronprinsessparet besökte Marsöfiskaren - Barometern
The website of Marsöfiskaren
Catering Fårbo Marsöfiskarens Delikatessbutik
The article from Barometern says that they stopped there on Wednesday afternoon. So it must have been last week, not yesterday.

The article from Barometern says that they stopped there on Wednesday afternoon. So it must have been last week, not yesterday.

Yes, it could be so - I just thought that they had messed up with days because of Easter. I thought that this news of the visit to Marsöfisken would have been on internet already last week, it this happened before Easter.

Last edited:
Thanks for the information about Victoria/Daniels Easter holiday. Big program - Ockelbo in North and Öland in South Sweden!

Did they stay in there new holiday-house near Solliden? The house should ready on March 2012, is that right?

Yes, it could be so - I just thought that they had messed up with days because of Easter. I thought that this news of the visit to Marsöfisken would have been on internet already last week, it this happened before Easter.
It's of course possible that they somehow messed up the days, but the article was already posted yesterday in the morning, so I'm willing to believe that it was really on Wednesday last week. It would also make no sense to drag up a 6 weeks old baby up and down through Sweden during the short period of Easter.

Finnish Iltasanomat quotes Expressen:
Victoria, Daniel and Estelle stopped for a break in Marsöfiskaren on their way from Solliden to Ockelbo to spend Easter. So it was last week.
Victor Olsson from Marsöfiskaren tells that Victoria and Daniel visited there also last summer to eat their speciality, the smoked salmon.
Prinsessa Estelle, 2kk, bongattiin krouvissa! - Ilta-Sanomat

Iltalehti writes about Expressen's story:
Victoria and Daniel ordered smoked salmon with potatoes, one portion cost 13 euros. Also the SÄPO guys who were with them ordered the same. Because Estelle is too tiny for the high chairs where children normally sit and eat, she was on her mothers lap almost the whole time. When Victoria and Daniel left, they bought salmon to take to Daniel's parents.

Last edited:
1912 Stockholm Golf Club in Råsunda was opened. This fall, it will be recreated - for a 100-year anniversary. In addition, the feast will have royal splendor.
Devoted golfer Prince Daniel attends the event. In early September, a big anniversary weekend will be held at the place and among other things, six of the web's original nine holes are created for a contest between special guests.
- We are of course extremely pleased that the Royal Court was favorable to our request and we know that Daniel is both capable and interested golfer so we look forward to this very much. Then there is also a royal history of golf in Råsunda before, says Peter Nordwall.
What he mainly thinks is the Princess Margaret (wife of the future King Gustaf VI Adolf) who played the national finals at Råsunda 1914, where she lost by 5/3 against Viveca Rosencrantz.
Prins Daniel med när golfklassiker återuppstår - Golf.se
Google translation

Åland invites Daniel for a visit in 2013
For the autonomous province of Åland, it would be a great honor for HRH Prince Daniel wanted to visit Åland in spring 2013. The theme of the visit would be the industry with an emphasis on small business but we would of course also like to take this opportunity to present Åland's unique self-government. A visit could include other aspects of Åland's social functions in accordance with the prince's wishes.
Britt Lundberg
Speaker of the Parliament
Nya Åland - Prins Daniel bjuds till Åland

Daniel will attend the Special Olympics in Stockholm on 5th June.
Special Olympics » Arena Stockholm 2012 – Hundra år av idrott och kultur

Last edited:
I also think Prince Daniel is stepping up and appearing more since becoming a father.

From Iltasanomat:
Lennart Ribohn, board member and former vice president of Electrolux, told to Expressen, that Daniel's orthodox and swift action saved his life in October 2008. Ribohn had a workout in Daniel's gym, when he suddenly had a heart attack and his heart stopped.
- Ambulance arrival was delayed, but they got my heart started with a defibrillator, fortunately. Otherwise it would have gone badly, Ribohn said.
Daniel was the first on the scene to help Ribohn.
- We waited for an ambulance for 45 minutes, Daniel commented for Expressen.
Since then, Daniel has campainged actively with on behalf of the people who have had heart diseases and cardiac arrest.
http://www.iltasanomat.fi/kuninkaalliset/prinssi-daniel-pelasti-miehen-hengen/art-1288473197606.html
Google translaton

This story has been a long time at the website of Master Training Education.
http://www.mastertrainingeducation.se/media/pressinlagg-2
Google translation

Expressen had an article about that it is time to Victoria, Daniel and Estelle move to Solliden.
- It is a big change and sense of freedom for the entire royal family when they move down to Solliden Palace for the summer. They spend most of the summer at Solliden and have it as a base and starting point for their work. This applies to the royal couple, but now also the Crown Princess and Prince Daniel. They can relax on a completely different way than at the capital. They have hardly any employees from the court there. The security is managed discretely by police, says Bertil Ternert.

Madeleine and Carl Philip are of course also there but not to the same extent and with the same feeling as Victoria and her family.
- Next year maybe their new, very own house is finished and ready for occupation. I have seen the place where it should be built. It will be very beautiful, secluded among the trees a few hundred meters from the beach. A great place to grow up to Estelle, says Anders Nyholm, the tourist and business boss on Öland.
The family has received approval from the County Clerk for an exemption from the shoreline protection. Plans are well advanced. They also include a swimming pool that is meant to be shared with the royal couple. The construction begins at the earliest in the autumn.
Dags för prinsessan att flytta till Öland | Kvällsposten
Google translation

Normally the royal family goes to Solliden on July, we shall see what Victoria, Daniel and Estelle are doing this year.

According to Svensk Damtidning, when Victoria, Daniel and Estelle will move to Solliden for a summer holiday, they will stay at an 110 year old Kavaljersflygeln, a lovely wooden house with three floors. The house has been renovated 12 years ago. The royal family stays there at the winter when they visit Solliden, because it is much easier to heat than the Solliden Palace. Also the guests of the royal family stay there in the summer.
Victoria och Daniel flyttar in i sekelskifteshus | Svensk Damtidning

Svensk Damtidning writes in it's paper issue, that Victoria and Daniel have planned their own summer villa a long time. It should be preferably at one floor, on a separated place far away on Sollidens estate. The villa will be built by a local construction company, and it will be modern, Nordic blond and very practical, a summer house with room for many children. An employee of the Borgholm Municipality tells that the crown princess couple has been very careful that everything will go right to rule, that all formalities have their course. They certainly do not want be accused of having received any special treatment from the Stadsbyggnadskontoret. But even though summer dream does not become reality this year, the summer of 2012 will be a special yet, Solliden becomes a paradise for a little princess.

Last edited:
I would like to comment an item not yet mentioned on the Forum (unless I missed it) the visit of Vict and Dan at a WaterAid event on Friday. Their are pictures on the official site of the monarchy, and my impression is also, as I read also on SvenkDamtning that Victoria is again pregnant. That would not be a big surprise in my view. It is probably normal that they make their family plans so that their children would follow each other closely, bearing in mind their age and also, who knows, pressure on Victoria to replace her father, after the book on scandals, repeated negative articles in the press etc... I don't think they plan to have more than 2 children, that is of course pure guess...

I would like to comment an item not yet mentioned on the Forum (unless I missed it) the visit of Vict and Dan at a WaterAid event on Friday. Their are pictures on the official site of the monarchy, and my impression is also, as I read also on SvenkDamtning that Victoria is again pregnant. That would not be a big surprise in my view. It is probably normal that they make their family plans so that their children would follow each other closely, bearing in mind their age and also, who knows, pressure on Victoria to replace her father, after the book on scandals, repeated negative articles in the press etc... I don't think they plan to have more than 2 children, that is of course pure guess...

And why do you think that Victoria and Daniel, who both love children, it is easy to see, will have only 2 children?

my impression is also, as I read also on SvenkDamtning that Victoria is again pregnant. That would not be a big surprise in my view. It is probably normal that they make their family plans so that their children would follow each other closely
Of course there is always the possibility of a new pregnancy, but I would guess that Victoria is still breastfeeding Estelle (mothers are recommended to breastfeed for at least six months in Sweden and I would think that Victoria wants to do what's considered best for her child) and breastfeeding usually prevents a new pregnancy.

MTV3 quotes Expressen:
Victoria and Daniel started their summer holiday yesterday. Daniel was presenting the research grant of the Heart-Lung Foundation at the Royal Palace. Staffan Josephson, the Secretary General of the foundation, is grateful that Daniel, who is very interested about their work, wanted to participate in this event. Josephson told to Expressen that Daniel suggested himself that this event could be arranged at the Royal Palace. "It gives a special touch to this event. The prince is unbeliavable good in these kind of events", he said.
According to Expressen, Daniel was in a little hurry - Victoria and Estelle were waiting for him at home, they are going to a car trip, they will spend these three weeks both in Ockelbo and in Öland. Ulrika Näsholm from court's press department told to Expressen, that Victoria and Daniel don't have any official work events until Victoria's birthday.
Hääpäivää juhlineet Victoria ja Daniel kiirehtivät kesälomalle - MTV3.fi

Newspaper convicted of a headline concerning Victoria

Press Council blames weekly newspaper Hänt Extra to have violated good journalistic practice for a headline and article that could get readers to believe that the crown princess was about to miscarry.
The title of number 49/11 was: "Nausea, headache and dizziness ... Crown Princess Victoria near miscarriage - now friends warn Victoria".
The decision states, that the crown princess should not have to accept the "integrity of sensitive information that is not true."
Norran, Skellefteå » Tidning fälld för Victorialöpsedel
Google translation

The Ninja Man, who threatened Victoria a few years ago, is back in Öland again.
Ninjamannen åter tillbaka på Öland | Kvällsposten
Google translation
There aren't any members of the royal family in Öland now, and Bertil Ternert from court's press department said that he doesn't know exactly when they arrive.
Ninjamannen tillbaka på Öland | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

This man is completely crazy, i hope he isn't a danger.
Also, who can possibly hate Crown Princess Victoria?

It has been a very long time since we've last seen or heard from V&D. Are they on vacation somewhere? I cannot wait for the weekend so we get to see them again on Victoriadagen!

It has been a very long time since we've last seen or heard from V&D. Are they on vacation somewhere? I cannot wait for the weekend so we get to see them again on Victoriadagen!

Expressen Kvällsposten wrote on Sunday that "now the royal family is in Solliden", so I thought it meant at least the king, the queen, Victoria, Daniel and Estelle. Carl Philip was in Ireland on Sunday and Madeleine could have stayed in Marstrand after her work event on Friday, her friends spend summer there.

Expressen Kvällsposten wrote on Sunday that "now the royal family is in Solliden", so I thought it meant at least the king, the queen, Victoria, Daniel and Estelle. Carl Philip was in Ireland on Sunday and Madeleine could have stayed in Marstrand after her work event on Friday, her friends spend summer there.
Yet on the photo from Tuesday were just the King & Queen. So it's still possible that the rest of the family arrived/will arrive only later this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom