The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 07:42 PM
Serene Highness

How much are they offering for triplets? Haha

Old 01-23-2011, 03:32 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmerelda View Post
How much are they offering for triplets? Haha
The odds of 100-1. Twins are 10-1. To be ranked nr 1 on the ATP-tour or WTA before 2040 501-1

Old 01-27-2011, 03:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria and Daniel were on Saturday 15th January at the 50th birthday party of Kenneth Bentgsson, CEO of ICA. Singer Charlotte Perrelli writes about it at her blog, there is also a blurry photo, where you can see Victoria and Daniel.
Grattis Kenneth Bentgsson-50 år | Charlotte Perrelli
Bengtsson and his wife were invited to Victoria´s and Daniel´s wedding.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Bertil Ternert from the swedish court has told to finnish evening paper Iltalehti the reason why prince Daniel hasn´t had any official engagements this year. Daniel started studying physiology at the Karolinska Institutet in Solna at the 10th January. Ternert tells that Victoria is supporting her husband in his studies. Karolinska institutet is a medical university.
Ternert reminds that Daniel is interested in things concerning health and he is got acquainted to that already before. Ternert says that Daniel´s studies won´t disturb his duties at the royal house, with good planning things can be delt well. The story of Daniel´s studies is in Iltalehti´s paper version.
Karolinska Institutet website
Old 01-28-2011, 01:14 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Bertil Ternert from the swedish court has told to finnish evening paper Iltalehti the reason why prince Daniel hasn´t had any official engagements this year. Daniel started studying physiology at the Karolinska Institutet in Solna at the 10th January. Ternert tells that Victoria is supporting her husband in his studies. Karolinska institutet is a medical university.
Ternert reminds that Daniel is interested in things concerning health and he is got acquainted to that already before. Ternert says that Daniel´s studies won´t disturb his duties at the royal house, with good planning things can be delt well. The story of Daniel´s studies is in Iltalehti´s paper version.
Quite interesting news!
My photos of Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel in their official visit to Finland on 1-2 of November, 2010: Photos from Lahti and Photos from Helsinki.Check out also my royalty postcard collection.
I never thought Prince William would be faster than me to get married - but he is!

Old 01-28-2011, 02:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Thank you LadyFinn. It's interesting news, now we know why his calendar is empty so far. The only thing I find a bit funny is that finnish media asked what's going on with him before the swedish ones.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:15 PM
Courtier

Good luck to Prince Daniel on his studies!!. It is nice to see that, though he is a prince, he still wants to better himself and keep learning!. (just a bit OT) Isn't CP Mette-Marit still continuing her studies as well?
Old 01-28-2011, 02:18 PM
Nobility

I just wounder how he got in since his universitet was 0.2 of 2.0(in the 90ths and thus have expired) and his high school(gymnasie)grades were average and that course is quite popular iirc.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattep74
I just wounder how he got in since his universitet was 0.2 of 2.0(in the 90ths and thus have expired) and his high school(gymnasie)grades were average and that course is quite popular iirc.
I hope this doesn't sound mean, but do you think that strings were pulled on his behalf or that the university just wanted the prestige of a prince being a student there?. I wasn't aware of his academic history and just assumed he got in on his own merits.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:10 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Penelope View Post
I hope this doesn't sound mean, but do you think that strings were pulled on his behalf or that the university just wanted the prestige of a prince being a student there?. I wasn't aware of his academic history and just assumed he got in on his own merits.
It could be that, or it could be he got a empty spot that wasnt filled.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:29 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Penelope View Post
Why do you assume that he pulled strings to get his place?
Crown Princess MM still studies I believe?
What I find strange is that he started in January and not in September, when everyone else did?
Old 01-28-2011, 05:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen

Why do you assume that he pulled strings to get his place?
Crown Princess MM still studies I believe?
What I find strange is that he started in January and not in September, when everyone else did?
In my post I stated that I assumed that he got in on his own merit...Just wanted to point that out :)

Here in Canada, many universities have courses beginning in January as well as September. Perhaps it is the same in Sweden?
Old 01-28-2011, 05:28 PM
Nobility

Penelope is right. We have programs and courses that start both in the fall(last week of August or the first half of September) and in the spring(End of January)
Old 01-28-2011, 05:50 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

While learning is never a bad thing, I dont see the sense in at least CP spouses, be it Daniel or MM, enrolling at university courses. They have other things to do and if they want to become experts in their field of interest, they can achieve this via private tutoring and/or engaging in activities in the respective areas as the representatives they are, eg by supporting suitable organisations or charities. Plenty of opportunities.

Those in the second row are much more suited to go to university in order to get a decent job afterwards as their public role wont be day-filling and not living off public money but earning their own would be appreciated by the public and in the end support the monarchy. I'd rather see CP go to university than Daniel, instead of doing car races and whatever. Daniel should instead concentrate on giving his consort role some substance.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Karolinska Instutute is a medical university with highest standards; Prince Daniel would not qualify to study there under regular circumstances.
The course he is taking could be a private one though, but we simply aren't told so far - the information politics of the Swedish Court continue to amaze.
Random details are given to a Finnish (!) newspaper, instead of doing the correct thing which would be to release a precise, informative statement, letting the public know the whereabouts of the future Queen Regnant's husband... what he's studying exactly, with which purpose, for how long, and if he's going to continue the often-quoted 'support' of his wife with the two of them as a working team - or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Daniel should instead concentrate on giving his consort role some substance.
I couldn't agree more.
Also, while Mette-Marit has proven that she is capable of balancing her studies with fulfilling her royal role pretty well, Prince Daniel had merely started to establish himself as a working royal last year, only to come to a full halt now.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:09 PM

Smile Prince Daniel's studies

In the US, it is possible to take the entrance exams to university more than once. Also, the goals and aspirations of a 17 year old are probably vastly different from those of a 37 year old. Perhaps Daniel took the exam to enter Karolinska at the age of 37 achieving a grade good enough for acceptance. He has already proven that he is intelligent. Past grades do not always follow through life.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:31 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
While learning is never a bad thing, I dont see the sense in at least CP spouses, be it Daniel or MM, enrolling at university courses. They have other things to do and if they want to become experts in their field of interest, they can achieve this via private tutoring and/or engaging in activities in the respective areas as the representatives they are, eg by supporting suitable organisations or charities. Plenty of opportunities.
Mette-Marit's business school classes are focused on leadership and management, both of which I think will be useful to her now and in her future role as queen. It's nice to hear that Daniel's classes concern health, because I always assumed that health-related patronages would be suited for him. I don't think it hurts for him to gain some substantive knowledge in that area that he can then apply to his work. So long as he continues to perform duties while he's in school, I applaud his decision to further his learning.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:56 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Karolinska Instutute is a medical university with highest standards; Prince Daniel would not qualify to study there under regular circumstances.
The course he is taking could be a private one though, but we simply aren't told so far - the information politics of the Swedish Court continue to amaze.
Random details are given to a Finnish (!) newspaper, instead of doing the correct thing which would be to release a precise, informative statement, letting the public know the whereabouts of the future Queen Regnant's husband... what he's studying exactly, with which purpose, for how long, and if he's going to continue the often-quoted 'support' of his wife with the two of them as a working team - or not.I couldn't agree more.
Also, while Mette-Marit has proven that she is capable of balancing her studies with fulfilling her royal role pretty well, Prince Daniel had merely started to establish himself as a working royal last year, only to come to a full halt now.
Maybe its like Victoria attended the diplomaticcourse a few years back. The course was full, but she was allowed a spot "on the side" so that noone eliglebel wouldnt be able to take it
Old 01-29-2011, 08:11 PM
Gentry

ruthieviews

Physiology is the science of the mechanical, physical, bioelectrical, and biochemical functions of humans in good health, their organs, and the cells of which they are composed. Physiology focuses principally at the level of organs and systems.

Prince Daniel spent his adult life working in the fitness industry. It is entirely appropriate that he would want to study physiology. This is and has been his area of interest. Now that he has endured a kidney transplant, it is even more appropriate for him to undertake this study.

Just because he became a Prince of Sweden doesn't mean that he must drop any interest in furthering his knowledge of the functions of humans and their organs and systems. In his case, it may be vitally important to his future health and well being. Instead of begrudging him this chance to further educate himself, let us encourage him and admire this effort to better understand his chosen field of study and his own personal condition.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:36 PM
Gentry

Well, firstly Daniel's secondary education wasn't one that gives him the right to apply too that type of university program. Secondly his grads were terrible even though he didn't take advanced courses in secondary school, and not to forget his bad result at "Högskoleprovet" which doesn't test your knowledge in subjects but your ability to solve logical problems and understand and gather information from texts. If Daniel miraculously would have got new grads and result at hp that were so good that he would get in to this course the papers would have written about it.

Dear Non-Royal when has Daniel proven to be intelligent? I have always got the impression that he is the opposite and has no intellectual interests at all. People describe him as extremely nice and interested in sports, but never as intelligent.

Closed Thread

Tags
crown princess victoria, prince daniel