The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 09:06 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
I feel sorry for PV. Even if she hasn't been trying for a baby yet it must be awful to have this discussed in the media on almost a daily basis. The pressure to get pregnant must feel huge.
Definitely! It would be hard enough to be subjected to that sort of scrutiny and gossip under normal circumstances, but imagine how hard it would be if you were having trouble conceiving, or had suffered a miscarriage, or so on?

If I were in that situation, I could see myself getting so exhausted and stressed that I would finally just "give in" and have a baby right away, even if it wasn't my original plan, just to avoid the speculation!

Maybe it would be better to just lay it all out right from the beginning, at the engagement: "Yes, we hope to have children, but we don't intend to start our family for two or three years." Much as I would dislike discussing something so personal in public, it would probably be preferable to living with constant rumors for years on end...

Old 01-19-2011, 03:55 AM
Serene Highness

But if they deny it the lack of a denial would be seen as yes or they would have to lie until the pregnancy can be announced. You're right I guess we'll see.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:30 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
He wrote the news about the pregnancy yesterday to his Facebook-site
Aftonbladet
and was interviewed later yesterday at Gert Fylkings program at Rix FM.
Thank you LadyFinn. So he might have seen the photos from UAE first.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:43 AM
Aristocracy

Very sort and brief article from Hello!

Princess Victoria not pregnant, says royal palace | Latest celebrity news hellomagazine.com

I personally believe the Swedish Royal Court, on this matter. As for Victoria she may feel under a lot of pressure to produce an heir, which is not a very nice situation for her to be in, particularly now she is in her mid 30's. I hope that she falls pregnant soon, for her and Daniel's own happiness and desire to start a family.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:23 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
A spokesman for the Royal Family denies pregnancy Victoria of Sweden
La Casa Real niega el embarazo de Victoria de Suecia

Google Google Translate
Old 01-19-2011, 01:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Tell you the truth, I don't know what to believe.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eve2Eden View Post
Definitely! It would be hard enough to be subjected to that sort of scrutiny and gossip under normal circumstances, but imagine how hard it would be if you were having trouble conceiving, or had suffered a miscarriage, or so on?

If I were in that situation, I could see myself getting so exhausted and stressed that I would finally just "give in" and have a baby right away, even if it wasn't my original plan, just to avoid the speculation!

Maybe it would be better to just lay it all out right from the beginning, at the engagement: "Yes, we hope to have children, but we don't intend to start our family for two or three years." Much as I would dislike discussing something so personal in public, it would probably be preferable to living with constant rumors for years on end...
I think Victoria is fully aware that these rumours would happen. I am pretty sure that if she isnt pregnant she chooses clothes to look like she is pregnant just as a teaser for the media.

I dont know how the norwegians or danes acted towards Mette-Marit or Mary before the first child, anyone knows the answer?

If you think this is bad, imagine when she reveals it. There will be a siege of Haga by journalists from then on until the birth
Old 01-19-2011, 03:04 PM
Serene Highness

Danish press went crazy because Mary was looking exhausted, and claimed she was pregnant when all she had was a gallstone...
Old 01-19-2011, 03:11 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsfc149 View Post
Well, last year Silvia said that everything was fine between Madeleine and Jonas, and some days later the announced that they call of their engagement...
Let's just see what happens the next weeks. For myself I'm not so sure whether the court says the right thing this time. They could just want to make the rumours stop...
True, but I think denying a break up or saying everything is fine between a couple is different than denying a pregnancy. Perhaps Silvia didn't know how bad it was or the exact situation with Madeleine?

I for one hope everybody gives Victoria a break. Getting pregnant is not easy, as at least 10% of the population can attest to.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:26 PM
Royal Highness

I'm shared between hoping she is pregnant (which I believed when I saw the first day's pics) and letting her quiet until we really know something, because it's so difficult to be asked if you are pregnant when you aren't and even have lot of difficulties with getting pregnant.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:44 PM
Commoner

After I saw pictures from UAE and looked again at Nobel Night pictures, I think she is pregnant.
Maybe they do not want to tell yet because anything can happen (but I think nothing bad happens)...

Boy, Carl. IMO

Btw, Nobel Night pictures - everytime she walks and press is too close to her she is carrying her purse in front of her stomach. As she has been hiding something.. Take a look at them..
Old 01-19-2011, 04:47 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I don't think we should speculate about this until an annoucement is made?
Old 01-19-2011, 04:53 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I don't think we should speculate about this until an annoucement is made?
Okay, that would be the best.
I would say 4weeks till we can start talk about it legally
Old 01-19-2011, 10:22 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmerelda View Post
But if they deny it the lack of a denial would be seen as yes or they would have to lie until the pregnancy can be announced. You're right I guess we'll see.
That's a good point! Now that they have publically denied one pregnancy rumor, if they don't do the same in the future when others inevitably pop up, it could be seen as confirmation.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:45 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattep74 View Post
I think Victoria is fully aware that these rumours would happen. I am pretty sure that if she isnt pregnant she chooses clothes to look like she is pregnant just as a teaser for the media.

I dont know how the norwegians or danes acted towards Mette-Marit or Mary before the first child, anyone knows the answer?

If you think this is bad, imagine when she reveals it. There will be a siege of Haga by journalists from then on until the birth
I would probably have a little fun with the press, too, if it were me.

All of the other Crown Princesses were subject to frequent pregnancy speculation as soon as they got married, too. I feel like the speculation around Victoria is a little more intense than it was for the others, but it's been a long time, so perhaps I've just forgotten how bad it was for Mary, Mette-Marit, etc.

In some ways it makes sense- Victoria was older than all the other Crown Princesses when she married, so people expect them to have children rather soon. Victoria's future child will also be the first baby born into the Swedish RF in almost 30 years, whereas in all the other cases, the monarch already had grandchildren to secure the succession and keep the press busy.

I agree, I also think the public interest will be extra-strong when Victoria does become pregnant. It must be hard to go through your first pregnancy, when everything is new and you are a little unsure of yourself, with everyone watching and commenting on everything you do!
Old 01-20-2011, 12:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

I hope the practical joke loving princess puts a small pillow on her tummy. Mass hysteria among royal groupies will happen.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:34 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eve2Eden View Post
I would probably have a little fun with the press, too, if it were me.

In some ways it makes sense- Victoria was older than all the other Crown Princesses when she married, so people expect them to have children rather soon.
Actually, she was less than a year older than Mary was when she married Frederik.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattep74 View Post
I'm not sure if a person who previously suffered from an eating dissorder would do something like that. But then again she loves joking so who knows.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:33 AM
Serene Highness

Well generating false alarms would make the press more likely to leave her alone when she actually gets pregnant.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:52 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmerelda View Post
Well generating false alarms would make the press more likely to leave her alone when she actually gets pregnant.
I don't think so, they'll be only more "hungry" because "this" is something they excpect to happen sometime soon. If she actually announced it some 3 months after wedding, they would be maybe cought off guard. Now, the more time it takes the more speculations will be published and giving them "false alarms" will IMO not help at all.

Tags
crown princess victoria, prince daniel