Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 2: September 2010 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel sorry for PV. Even if she hasn't been trying for a baby yet it must be awful to have this discussed in the media on almost a daily basis. The pressure to get pregnant must feel huge.

Definitely! It would be hard enough to be subjected to that sort of scrutiny and gossip under normal circumstances, but imagine how hard it would be if you were having trouble conceiving, or had suffered a miscarriage, or so on?

If I were in that situation, I could see myself getting so exhausted and stressed that I would finally just "give in" and have a baby right away, even if it wasn't my original plan, just to avoid the speculation! :lol:

Maybe it would be better to just lay it all out right from the beginning, at the engagement: "Yes, we hope to have children, but we don't intend to start our family for two or three years." Much as I would dislike discussing something so personal in public, it would probably be preferable to living with constant rumors for years on end...

But if they deny it the lack of a denial would be seen as yes or they would have to lie until the pregnancy can be announced. You're right I guess we'll see.

He wrote the news about the pregnancy yesterday to his Facebook-site
Aftonbladet
and was interviewed later yesterday at Gert Fylkings program at Rix FM.
Thank you LadyFinn. :flowers: So he might have seen the photos from UAE first.

Very sort and brief article from Hello!

Princess Victoria not pregnant, says royal palace | Latest celebrity news hellomagazine.com

I personally believe the Swedish Royal Court, on this matter. As for Victoria she may feel under a lot of pressure to produce an heir, which is not a very nice situation for her to be in, particularly now she is in her mid 30's. I hope that she falls pregnant soon, for her and Daniel's own happiness and desire to start a family.

Tell you the truth, I don't know what to believe.

Definitely! It would be hard enough to be subjected to that sort of scrutiny and gossip under normal circumstances, but imagine how hard it would be if you were having trouble conceiving, or had suffered a miscarriage, or so on?

If I were in that situation, I could see myself getting so exhausted and stressed that I would finally just "give in" and have a baby right away, even if it wasn't my original plan, just to avoid the speculation! :lol:

Maybe it would be better to just lay it all out right from the beginning, at the engagement: "Yes, we hope to have children, but we don't intend to start our family for two or three years." Much as I would dislike discussing something so personal in public, it would probably be preferable to living with constant rumors for years on end...

I think Victoria is fully aware that these rumours would happen. I am pretty sure that if she isnt pregnant she chooses clothes to look like she is pregnant just as a teaser for the media.

I dont know how the norwegians or danes acted towards Mette-Marit or Mary before the first child, anyone knows the answer?

If you think this is bad, imagine when she reveals it. There will be a siege of Haga by journalists from then on until the birth

Danish press went crazy because Mary was looking exhausted, and claimed she was pregnant when all she had was a gallstone...

Well, last year Silvia said that everything was fine between Madeleine and Jonas, and some days later the announced that they call of their engagement...
Let's just see what happens the next weeks. For myself I'm not so sure whether the court says the right thing this time. They could just want to make the rumours stop...

True, but I think denying a break up or saying everything is fine between a couple is different than denying a pregnancy. Perhaps Silvia didn't know how bad it was or the exact situation with Madeleine?

I for one hope everybody gives Victoria a break. Getting pregnant is not easy, as at least 10% of the population can attest to. :bang:

I'm shared between hoping she is pregnant (which I believed when I saw the first day's pics) and letting her quiet until we really know something, because it's so difficult to be asked if you are pregnant when you aren't and even have lot of difficulties with getting pregnant.

After I saw pictures from UAE and looked again at Nobel Night pictures, I think she is pregnant.
Maybe they do not want to tell yet because anything can happen (but I think nothing bad happens)...

Boy, Carl. IMO

Btw, Nobel Night pictures - everytime she walks and press is too close to her she is carrying her purse in front of her stomach. As she has been hiding something.. Take a look at them..

Last edited:
I don't think we should speculate about this until an annoucement is made?

But if they deny it the lack of a denial would be seen as yes or they would have to lie until the pregnancy can be announced. You're right I guess we'll see.

That's a good point! Now that they have publically denied one pregnancy rumor, if they don't do the same in the future when others inevitably pop up, it could be seen as confirmation.

I think Victoria is fully aware that these rumours would happen. I am pretty sure that if she isnt pregnant she chooses clothes to look like she is pregnant just as a teaser for the media.

I dont know how the norwegians or danes acted towards Mette-Marit or Mary before the first child, anyone knows the answer?

If you think this is bad, imagine when she reveals it. There will be a siege of Haga by journalists from then on until the birth

I would probably have a little fun with the press, too, if it were me. :lol:

All of the other Crown Princesses were subject to frequent pregnancy speculation as soon as they got married, too. I feel like the speculation around Victoria is a little more intense than it was for the others, but it's been a long time, so perhaps I've just forgotten how bad it was for Mary, Mette-Marit, etc.

In some ways it makes sense- Victoria was older than all the other Crown Princesses when she married, so people expect them to have children rather soon. Victoria's future child will also be the first baby born into the Swedish RF in almost 30 years, whereas in all the other cases, the monarch already had grandchildren to secure the succession and keep the press busy.

I agree, I also think the public interest will be extra-strong when Victoria does become pregnant. It must be hard to go through your first pregnancy, when everything is new and you are a little unsure of yourself, with everyone watching and commenting on everything you do! :sad:

I hope the practical joke loving princess puts a small pillow on her tummy. Mass hysteria among royal groupies will happen.

I would probably have a little fun with the press, too, if it were me. :lol:

In some ways it makes sense- Victoria was older than all the other Crown Princesses when she married, so people expect them to have children rather soon.

Actually, she was less than a year older than Mary was when she married Frederik.

I'm not sure if a person who previously suffered from an eating dissorder would do something like that. But then again she loves joking so who knows.

Well generating false alarms would make the press more likely to leave her alone when she actually gets pregnant.

Well generating false alarms would make the press more likely to leave her alone when she actually gets pregnant.
I don't think so, they'll be only more "hungry" because "this" is something they excpect to happen sometime soon. If she actually announced it some 3 months after wedding, they would be maybe cought off guard. Now, the more time it takes the more speculations will be published and giving them "false alarms" will IMO not help at all.

I find vulgar to speculate on the pregnancy of a young woman as if she had only pregnancy in her life to be thought and it can be also terrible if the couple knows problems of fertility.
We know that Victoria and Daniel want children and that they adore them.
The new European crown princes waited all one year before thinking of creating a baby. The first born ones were all born almost two years after the marriages.
So Victoria and Daniel can wait if they need it! After all they have to learn to drive their official life together.
Of no more princely couple wants large families from 7 to 15 children!
5 children is the maximum and the exception. Indeed their function is enormous and today it’s very badly seen that the parents don’t take care of their children correctly and with love. How to imagine that they would have time to surround 6,7 kids and to encourage every individuality?
Princesses in particular Victoria have time to give birth to one, two, three or four children.

I wish that the word "vulgar" would not be used in any context on these boards. It is a very strong word with very particular meanings. Please use a dictionary if you are looking for a suitable strong word and I am certain "vulgar" is not the work looked for.

I wish that the word "vulgar" would not be used in any context on these boards. It is a very strong word with very particular meanings. Please use a dictionary if you are looking for a suitable strong word and I am certain "vulgar" is not the work looked for.

I disagree with you. Vulgar is likely the exact word reginalix meant to use because they used it. You're right that vulgar has many meanings but none that are particularly offensive. Vulgar means:

1. characterized by ignorance of or lack of good breeding or taste: vulgar ostentation.
2. indecent; obscene; lewd: a vulgar work; a vulgar gesture.
3. crude; coarse; unrefined: a vulgar peasant.
4. of, pertaining to, or constituting the ordinary people in a society: the vulgar masses.
5. current; popular; common: a vulgar success; vulgar beliefs.
6. spoken by, or being in the language spoken by, the people generally; vernacular: vulgar tongue.
7. lacking in distinction, aesthetic value, or charm; banal; ordinary: a vulgar painting.

As I stated before pregnancy speculation might be fun for some people but the person you're speculating about might be trying to get pregnant and can't, might have had one or more miscarriages and public speculation can be very hurtful. One might not like being called banal or ordinary, but give reginalix the benefit of the doubt.

After taking a look at the photos from the UAE trip, I disagree about the speculations.

It looks to me as though her outfits are suited to the culture of the country. In other words, perhaps CPV chose loose flowing light clothing in deference to her hosts. The top mimics the white robes the men are wearing. I seem to recall an Asian flair to her clothes on a trip to that part of the world. It probably isn't a good idea, especially for a future queen, to wear tight revealing clothing in a Muslim country. It could be seen as disrespectful of their values. Notice that she is covered up with a long coat, and long sleeves as well, while on the golf course the men are in short sleeves.

CPV generally has a very dignified style of dress. It's her spontaneous grins and 'faces' that we love about her! :)

JMO. Carry on! ;)

I didn’t want to be hard.
Most of the Swedes will be happy to hear an official announcement (they know the couple love kids and will be happy to become parents) but don’t care about time nor about waist measurement of the Princess.
But by speaking about vulgarity, I thought of those in the press or the forums which follow the couple since the exit of the church. And scrutinize the stomach of Victoria.
It’s highly impolite and very indiscreet, particularly because we know not at all the desire of the couple and their priorities. And that we cannot speculate in no way on the private life of a woman or even a man.
But I suppose that it depends on the culture and the education!

And it can also be cruel, if we are in front of a couple which effectively is ready to welcome a child but regrettably know difficulties creating a baby.

:previous: I am in total agreement. It is awful to see that for Crown Princess Victoria every day has become a "Tummy Watch" day with it's increasingly vulgar speculation. Every official engagement is almost completely irrelevant as every photo shot is reduced to is she or isn't she pregnant to the point where it is becoming an embarassment to Sweden as any official engagement takes second place to a possible pregnancy. :bang:

At least poor CP Mary didn't have to put up with that until her pregnancy was officially announced! :flowers:

As the Royal Court denied that Victoria was pregnant, can we please get back on topic? You can discuss a pregnancy when it is officially announced.

JessRulz
Swedish Forum Mod

:previous: I am in total agreement. It is awful to see that for Crown Princess Victoria every day has become a "Tummy Watch" day with it's increasingly vulgar speculation. Every official engagement is almost completely irrelevant as every photo shot is reduced to is she or isn't she pregnant to the point where it is becoming an embarassment to Sweden as any official engagement takes second place to a possible pregnancy. :bang:

At least poor CP Mary didn't have to put up with that until her pregnancy was officially announced! :flowers:

Sorry Jess, but i feel have to respond to this even if you dont want us discussing the subject. Before her marriage we seldom saw her this much on foregin statevisits in Aftonbladet or Expressen. I am one of them who has gone "tummyhunting" basicly since June 19. I started with the golfcoursepictures and have seen signs since august that would prove she is pregnant(all those holding hands in front of her, it seemed like she shared a secret with Mary on the boat at the greek wedding etc) and when i compared the pictures in December and the recent trip to UAE i saw that something was different with her when i compared with the pictures from the Weddingweek.

And i am not the only one doing this in Sweden.

But then again, maybe my immagination and eyes are having fun with my mind:lol:

:previous: And therein lies the problem. This is a news thread and that is a "non event"!

The point I was making was that it is becoming irrelevent as to whether or not she is pregnant and that it is "on topic" and "relevant" to discuss the deleterious effect this is having on the Crown Princess Couple and their usefulness to Sweden. The media is impinging into her current affairs, as per the UAE visit where almost all news and the larger percentage of posts were unclear as to why she was even there. The only thing they are interested in is "the question" and I think that is News. Bad news and something is going to have to be done.

How is Crown Princess Victoria going to continue to sucessfully carry out all those engagements that she has, both on her own and with Daniel, when there is this "Elephant in the room" and we can't even discuss it's adverse long term effect on her public persona and duties? Are they going to have to wind down her engagements because they have become counter-productive? Let's face it, any photocall is diminished and loses its importance when the point of the exercise is lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom