Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 2: September 2010 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, google translate has translated wrong. In the first paragraph is said: " Victoria doesn't explain her speech more closly, she only smile happily." In the second paragraph: "In the article of magazine Crown Princess and Prince Daniel reminisce about their first months as married couple and moving into a new home."

I apologize my poor english. :)

It's nice hearing that they clean and cook. Does anyone know if they have round the clock staff??

Google translator has always huge problems with Finnish language ;)

It's nice hearing that they clean and cook. Does anyone know if they have round the clock staff??

I presume they have domestic staff because I read that Haga Palace has forty rooms, but, I do not know how accurate my source was.

The Dutch tulip expert Johannes Th Ligthart with his new Tulip ”Prince Daniel".
ANP Beeldbank

Victoria and Daniel at the interview in the programme "The year with the royal family"
SVT

Last edited:
I'm wondering why Daniel has not been included in any of the upcoming events. On the Court website thereis nothing listed for him, but there is a lot of activity for the other members of the family. Has something happened??????? Has anyone heard anything?????

I'm wondering why Daniel has not been included in any of the upcoming events. On the Court website thereis nothing listed for him, but there is a lot of activity for the other members of the family. Has something happened??????? Has anyone heard anything?????

Daniel had a quiet period in the autumn also. There aren´t events for Victoria after the beginning of February either, I think that soon the calendar will be updated.

The spokesman commented today that as for this week he's concentrating on his Prince school. May be that the reason for his absence in following week/s is also the same.
And I agree with LadyFinn, the calendar may be updated soon. The events listed now are there for quite some time, but there are still a lot of free days.

The informationschef of the court, Bertil Ternert, denies that Victoria is pregnant. Former court expert Daniel Nyhlén said at a radio interview, that Victoria is pregnant, he has got the news from well informed sources. Nyhlén said that it feels so nice to be first as a journalist with this kind of news. He has retired as court reporter some time ago.
It is simply wrong, it isn´t so, said Ternert.
Hovexpert i radio: ”Victoria är gravid” | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

The informationschef of the court, Bertil Ternert, denies that Victoria is pregnant. Former court expert Daniel Nyhlén said at a radio interview, that Victoria is pregnant, he has got the news from well informed sources. Nyhlén said that it feels so nice to be first as a journalist with this kind of news. He has retired as court reporter some time ago.
It is simply wrong, it isn´t so, said Ternert.
Hovexpert i radio: ”Victoria är gravid” | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

What? He forgott that Se o Hor said that in August, Hant Extra in September and both Aftonbladet and Expressen the day after the Nobelparty? The difference is that he say She IS pregnant while Aftonbladet and Exrpessen said "Is she pregnant". He is a freelancer at the moment and can say what he wants. The papers he writes for has to follow the code of ethics and couldnt say it out loud.

I dont think they will say anything while she is out of the country. Friday at the earliest. If she is pregnant that is.

Were is Clark Kent and X-ray visions when you need him:)

I don't know. It's a bit strange to deny it and then turn around as say 'Oh, actually, she's been pregnant for x months.' It might also be best to say 'no comment'. I guess we'll find out sometime or another.

Were is Clark Kent and X-ray visions when you need him:)
Hehe, maybe he'll give exclusive interview to Expressen tommorow. ;)
Well it would be strange to confirm anything while she's out of the country. Bertil can still say that, he is new there and he didn't know she was and it was in the manual to SRF PR to deny something if it wasn't confirmed to you. :p

Hehe, maybe he'll give exclusive interview to Expressen tommorow. ;)
Well it would be strange to confirm anything while she's out of the country. Bertil can still say that, he is new there and he didn't know she was and it was in the manual to SRF PR to deny something if it wasn't confirmed to you. :p
Of course Bertil Ternert can say that...
...if he wants to start his new job looking like a complete incompetent fool.

The court responded to his accussations by saying that "Victoria is NOT pregnant". Its in the same page on Aftonbladet now.

Here is why i think Nyhlen hit the right button. December 11, the day after Nobel both Aftonbladet and Expressen had their frontpages with something indicating she was pregnant. For the entire day the news floated around the net and on the airwaves until the suicidebomber happened. The court NEVER said anything about it beeing false. Why now? Rix FM dont have as many listeners as Aftonbladet or Expressen have readers.

When is Victoria expected to return to Sweden?
Her last engagement is on Thursday, so I'd say Thursday evening or on Friday.

The court responded to his accussations by saying that "Victoria is NOT pregnant". Its in the same page on Aftonbladet now.

Here is why i think Nyhlen hit the right button. December 11, the day after Nobel both Aftonbladet and Expressen had their frontpages with something indicating she was pregnant. For the entire day the news floated around the net and on the airwaves until the suicidebomber happened. The court NEVER said anything about it beeing false. Why now? Rix FM dont have as many listeners as Aftonbladet or Expressen have readers.
I think you kinda answered your own question. After Nobel Prize if I remember correctly, the spokesman had weekend off and then the suicidebomber happend. Suddenly there was something more interesting to write about and this was kinda forgotten, so no need to comment.
This time it was only one radio, but Aftonbladet quickly picked up and there was also much disscussion going on various internet pages and message boards. Maybe they though that if they don't stop it, it may draw away the attention from the main point of her visit.

Last edited:
I feel sorry for PV. Even if she hasn't been trying for a baby yet it must be awful to have this discussed in the media on almost a daily basis. The pressure to get pregnant must feel huge.

Daniel Nyhlén says that he is certain that Victoria is pregnant. He says: "They have not learned at the Royal Court's Information Department that one should not lie. It is not the first time they go out and tell small lies for the Swedish press". He says that time will tell that he is right.
Resumé: "De vågar inte göra nyheterna själva"

Was Bertil Ternert asked a direct question or did he issue a statement?

Well, last year Silvia said that everything was fine between Madeleine and Jonas, and some days later the announced that they call of their engagement...
Let's just see what happens the next weeks. For myself I'm not so sure whether the court says the right thing this time. They could just want to make the rumours stop...

Well, last year Silvia said that everything was fine between Madeleine and Jonas, and some days later the announced that they call of their engagement...

Might have been her status of information at that time :) things might have changed in a short time, who knows. :ermm:

I hope she's pregnant. Its been nearly 7 months since she married. Usually royal pregnancies start after that time.

Not that I am rushing her, but I want to see another royal baby! :flowers:

Let's just see what happens the next weeks. For myself I'm not so sure whether the court says the right thing this time. They could just want to make the rumours stop...

They are going to be worse. Se och Hor have on the front page of their latest edition that came out today a picture of the couple with the words "CONGRATULATIONS VICTORIA AND DANIEL."

Daniel Nyhlén says that he is certain that Victoria is pregnant. He says: "They have not learned at the Royal Court's Information Department that one should not lie. It is not the first time they go out and tell small lies for the Swedish press". He says that time will tell that he is right.
Resumé: "De vågar inte göra nyheterna själva"
He is right, time will tell. I'm just curious how well informed his sources are... ;) I do hope they are really well informed.
Does anyone know when the interview with him was aired?

He is right, time will tell. I'm just curious how well informed his sources are... ;) I do hope they are really well informed.
Does anyone know when the interview with him was aired?

He wrote the news about the pregnancy yesterday to his Facebook-site
Aftonbladet
and was interviewed later yesterday at Gert Fylkings program at Rix FM.

Last edited:
Why was Daniel not with her? Business committments?

I don't know. It's a bit strange to deny it and then turn around as say 'Oh, actually, she's been pregnant for x months.' It might also be best to say 'no comment'. I guess we'll find out sometime or another.

Nowadays, "No Comment" is often taken as a "Yes" when it comes to public figures! But I agree, it would be strange for them to respond to this particular round of rumors (when others have gone without comment) and to respond so firmly, if Victoria is in fact pregnant. Unless this is a sign that the new press officer is going to take a more active approach to the job. Or maybe Victoria's very unfortunate choice of blouse on Monday forced them into it! :lol:

And yet Daniel Nyhlen seems especially insistent that his information is correct. I am curious who his source is! It will be interesting to see which side will "win" this round...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom