The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 01:22 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
Heh heh...Daniel is wearing a New York Yankees hat. I knew the man had good taste.
This Toronto Blue Jays fan says BLECH!! to that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
While more than likely true, I still thought Daniel had more good sense. Oh well...We all have our days when that goes out the window...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
I am sorry for them, it seems, those "relaxing holidays" turned out to become a "hunting trip".
Sadly, it did turn into just that from what little we've heard and that's a shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Spanish gossip site Vanitatis writes that Victoria, Daniel and Estelle left from Spain on Friday morning, two days earlier as planned, because they were the whole time followed by the paparazzis. The paparazzis say that they had no idea the Swedes would have been there, they had been warned that Maxima would have been there. One paparazzi says that he has never seen so many security guards with a royal and that the family led a quiet life in Spain, not altered their normal schedules. One local says that it was odd to see the royals, paparazzis and the police at the village.
Victoria de Suecia abandona España agobiada por los paparazzi
Translation
While I *get* the entire bargain w/the Swedish Press and it's working from all accounts, it's a shame they can't go anywhere else on their *Private Time* w/out being hounded, even if it's a long lens it's still a violation of their Privacy. Even though I'm sure they knew they'd be followed in Spain in some manner, it's still disgusting and sad not only that it happened, but they felt they needed to cut short their vacation time.

I don't care if "They'll Royal, so it's part and parcel of it all", because it *shouldn't* matter at all. We get to spend our Private time the way we want and if we were being stalked, which is what the paps are doing to anyone famous these days, I think we all know how we'd react. At least, I do because I have been stalked and it does things to you that changes you forever.

It's a sad sign of our times when regardless of how famous you are, you can't even have a private Family trip w/out pictures being plastered everywhere anymore. No one deserves that.

Old 04-03-2013, 09:45 AM
Gentry

The Crown Princess and Prince Daniel will attend the celebrations in Amsterdam for Willem-Alexanders investiture between April 29-30th.

Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

Old 04-03-2013, 10:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
The Crown Princess and Prince Daniel will attend the celebrations in Amsterdam for Willem-Alexanders investiture between April 29-30th.

Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
Thanks for the info, it's great we will see them there!
Old 04-03-2013, 10:23 AM
Royal Highness

[QUOTE=Tiggersk8;1535279]While more than likely true, I still thought Daniel had more good sense. Oh well...We all have our days when that goes out the window...

-> While showing his middle finger must have been an impulsive reaction that he surely regret later,I can understand that Chris gets offended by the paparazzis who don´t let him be and take pictures wherever he goes.They absolutely have no respect for privacy so I can easily forgive his reaction but gain,Prince Daniel shows that he has a calm character and gets along with everybody.Congratulations to him for having such a balanced personality and handling the press so well, he has done extremely well and never puts a foot wrong.

On a side note,I am happy to see that Chris & Madeleine have a cute dog,it must be some sort of terrier, a Jack Russel probably! My dog is also a terrier, a very nice and sweet little dog with good character traits.

While I *get* the entire bargain w/the Swedish Press and it's working from all accounts, it's a shame they can't go anywhere else on their *Private Time* w/out being hounded, even if it's a long lens it's still a violation of their Privacy. Even though I'm sure they knew they'd be followed in Spain in some manner, it's still disgusting and sad not only that it happened, but they felt they needed to cut short their vacation time.

I don't care if "They'll Royal, so it's part and parcel of it all", because it *shouldn't* matter at all. We get to spend our Private time the way we want and if we were being stalked, which is what the paps are doing to anyone famous these days, I think we all know how we'd react. At least, I do because I have been stalked and it does things to you that changes you forever.

It's a sad sign of our times when regardless of how famous you are, you can't even have a private Family trip w/out pictures being plastered everywhere anymore. No one deserves that.[/QUOTE]

->I agree with your last statement completely,shame on these paparazzis who take pictures even when someone is on a private trip,half-naked or coming out of the toilet. I really don´t want to see that pics and they should feel some sense of honour to stop doing that and all the royal watchers should try to restrict their lust for new pictures and sensationalism! I am perfectly happy when I get pictures of their official events and the official portraits which are much more beautiful and esthetic than those paparazzi shots
. Helen Keller
Old 04-03-2013, 02:38 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Maybe V&D should either stay in Sweden or chose a holiday location where the paps don't go ... seriously, its not different from Will & Kate, in Britain the press leaves them alone, partly out of respect, partly because they don't want to anger the royals and continue to receive pictures on special occasions, but abroad its a different matter. In other countries they are not royals in that sense but celebrities whose photos can be sold. If they dont like it, they should stay away.

People on this forum say they are sorry for the couple but at the same time we all look at the pictures. As long as there is a market for such pictures, nothing will change. The internet is free, even if Swedish media don't want to publish.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Perhaps Victoria and Daniel thought that were wouldn't have been so much paparazzis. When they were in Marbella, there was just some photos of them at the street and the paparazzis hadn't followed them.
According to the spanish media Victoria and Daniel thought they could have a relaxed holiday in a little town with only 450 inhabitants. The photographers had been amazed and displeased because Victoria, Daniel and Estelle didn't go to the beach at all, although the weather was great all the time and the sun was shining.
Last summer Victoria, Daniel and Estelle were sight-seeing in Sweden, you could read from Twitter and blogs that they were seen in different places but no one posted photos of them.

El chalet del sueco Galería de fotos 1 de 6 Vanity Fair
Old 04-04-2013, 11:38 AM
Nobility

Svenskdam has published some of the pap photos on its cover and, presumably, inside. So much for the bargain with Swedish media:

SDT1315_
Old 04-04-2013, 11:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
it would seem that putting out pics of their child has not stopped the desire to get the "exclusive" shot by members of the press or the public.
I've been saying that in the BRF thread, it doesn't work. The paparazzi don't care and some in the public feel like they are entitle. It's sad
Old 04-04-2013, 12:00 PM
Courtier

IT is not good. i think it is the private live of the family
Old 04-04-2013, 12:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
I've been saying that in the BRF thread, it doesn't work. The paparazzi don't care and some in the public feel like they are entitle. It's sad
Of course Victoria and Daniel didn't even think that it would work at the whole world, just in Sweden, where is has worked perfectly at least until this day.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

When Daniel visited the Karolinska University Hospital's transplant surgery clinic, he told to Expressen and Svensk Damtidning that he keeps himself in good shape by training at the gym and running, and nowadays also by playing floorball.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

An article in Expressen GT, Victoria may have protected Estelle against developing allergy by sucking on her pacifier. Swedish researchers at the Sahlgrenska Academy in Gothenburg report that a simple habit may give significant protection against allergy development, namely, the parental sucking on the baby’s pacifier.
Så minskar Victoria Estelles allergirisk GT

About the research at the website of the Sahlgrenska Academy of the University of Gothenburg
Parents who suck on their infants´ pacifiers may protect their children against developing allergy - University of Gothenburg, Sweden
Old 05-08-2013, 04:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Photos of Victoria's and Daniel's home, the Haga Palace were just published.
Bilder från Haga slott - Sveriges Kungahus

HQ's can be downloaded from here
Pressbilder kungliga slotten - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

The Palace looks great. The colours are restful. Wonderful lamps and chandeliers. The big photo of the books at the Bernadotte Library in the wall at the Living Room is very eye-catching, and gives the room a very dignified feeling although it is a Living Room. The colours at the Dining Room are lovely and it is very swedish. A nice combination of new and old, the painting in the Library about the view over the Haga Palace during Gustaf IV Adolf's time takes you to history, and the photos at the Entrance Hall are a good contrast to that. Those photos of Ralf Turander have motifs from Drottningholm and Ockelbo. A lovely combination of Victoria's and Daniel's previous home surroundings. A lot of history is also at the coat of arms of Bernadotte och Sachsen-Coburg-Gotha at the fireplace at the Grand Drawing Room. I think that although these are the official representation rooms, there is a very cozy and nice touch in them, which reflects the persons living in the Palace.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:54 AM
Nobility

Why they published photo of their home
Old 05-08-2013, 05:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hana View Post
Why they published photo of their home
The swedish press and people have been writing about why they haven't published any photos, since the Palace has been renovated with the taxpayers money. The Palace is divided to a private home of Victoria and Daniel, and to a representation apartment, where they are going to organize official events.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:07 AM
Nobility

THANK YOU , are the photo from the private home
Old 05-08-2013, 05:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hana View Post
THANK YOU , are the photo from the private home
No, these are from the "official" part. At the official part there are 16 rooms, Svensk Damtidning has earlier told that there are at least: the dining room, library, saloon, living room ... At the private part there are 25 rooms.
Victoria and Daniel had two receptions at the Haga Palace on February:
On 5th February the guests were the members of the government and on 6th people from the Parliament, the National Property Board, the Royal Collections and the Swedish National Heritage Board were invited.
Ulrika Näsholm from the court press department told to Svensk Damtidning that the reason of these receptions was that Victoria and Daniel wanted to show their appreciation and thank everyone. They are very satisfied with the renovation, there is a fine balance between the old and the new. The court confirmed that now when the Palace is ready, the crown princess couple will have receptions at the official part of the Haga Palace.

Så ser det ut på Haga slott – se bilderna! Leva & bo Heminredning Allt för Hus & Hem Expressen

Välkommen hem till Victoria, Daniel och Estelle! Svensk Damtidning
Translation

Victoria de Suecia te invita a conocer su palacio Revista Semana
Old 05-08-2013, 11:10 AM
Aristocracy

I find it really beautiful and tasteful!
Old 05-08-2013, 02:57 PM
Courtier

It looks really beautiful and comfy, I could imagine their private area is furnished and decorated similarly.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

The renovations are beautiful. Homey yet distinguished at the same time. Love the dining room, gorgeous. Very nicely done.

Tags
crown princess victoria, prince daniel