The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 12:24 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
She looks so much like her mum
I agree!

Old 12-31-2012, 11:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

From the program "Året med kungafamiljen"
http://www.svt.se/cachable_image/135...m_43/pulka.jpg
http://www.svt.se/cachable_image/135...WEBB01_992.jpg

Old 01-01-2013, 02:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria, Daniel and Estelle have spent New Year in Trysil, Norway with some friends. They arrived on 28th December. They ate lunch in Knettsetra restaurant on the morning of New Year's Eve. Aside from some Swedish guests, no one noticed the royal visit, it was very peaceful. Some photos were taken. Some of them were on skis on New Year's Eve, but Victoria came up to Knettsetra by scooter and sled with her daughter.
Den svenske tronarvingen feiret nyttår i Trysilfjellet - Trysil Engerdal - Østlendingen
Translation
The photo at the article is an archive photo.

Expressen quotes the article.
Victoria tog Estelle på skotertur i Norge Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Old 01-02-2013, 04:15 AM
Courtier

According to Expressen there are more news from the interview, which has been given by Victoria for release today:

Estelle is getting her teeth at the moment, which means not much sleep for the parents. But according to Victoria, "it is impressive, how little sleep you need to survive" ....

Also her biggest challenge is, to combine her role as mother with her duties as Crown Princess. But she is sooo happy having Estelle at home. And: becomeing mother is "having a dream come true".
sooo cute.
Bye Bine

Kronprinzessin mit Mutterrolle: Victoria braucht kaum Schlaf - n-tv.de
Old 01-03-2013, 11:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria is still the favourite princess of the germans. At the poll of "Frau im Spiegel" Victoria got 25 % of votes.
Second was Catherine, 16 %, third Maxima 13 %, fourth Mette-Marit 7 % and fifth Letizia 3 %.
Neues Ranking Victoria ist die beliebteste Prinzessin
Victoria de Suecia es la princesa preferida de las alemanas - Terra USA
Old 01-05-2013, 07:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Aftonbladet met Victoria and Daniel just before the Christmas holiday and asked how this first year with Estelle has been.
- It has been an incredibly exciting ... and tumultuous year, said Victoria.
What has been the most difficult?
- I choose not to see the difficulties of ... , said Daniel.
- ... That is good, princess cuts her husband with a laugh.
Both Victoria and Daniel tried to take parental leave as much as possible during Estelle's first year.
Aftonbladet's compilation shows that they jointly undertook 172 official engagements in 2012 - compared with 249 the year before.
Ett första år har snart gått på Haga slott Nyheter Aftonbladet
Old 01-06-2013, 01:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria von Schweden „Estelle ist der Sonnenschein bei uns zu Hause“ - BUNTE
Kronprinzessin Victoria von Schweden Neujahrsinterview im Schnee - Story auf Gala.de
Old 01-08-2013, 05:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria, Daniel and Estelle met Leo Eriksson, the Director of Administration of Solliden and the Borgholm city architect, on Monday at the Ekerum Golf Resort in Öland. They were talking about building of family's new house.
Eriksson says that they are in the starting blocks. He can't reveal exactly how far advanced the plans are. But it will be slightly less than a year. The construction is a guarantee that Öland will have royal splendor for many years to come.
Eriksson is delighted with the plans: A change-of-generation at the royal family and that it happens in Solliden. While the project goes on, certain checks will be done so that the construction is done as it is planned.
Eriksson says that the meeting with the family was nice: It is a very modern family. They brought little Estelle with them. It was her, I had lunch with, her parents were in the background. Even though they are parents of a toddler, Victoria and Daniel didn't seem tired at all, they were extremely fit and well trained, says Eriksson.
Planerat storbygge på Solliden blir av under 2013
Old 01-21-2013, 12:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Expressen wrote on Saturday that Victoria and Daniel are seeking a nanny, there was an announcement at the website of agency Eden in London - the same which Frederik and Mary have used.
Many things at the announcement hint that it is the crown princess couple's.

At the announcement:
Salary: 6666 SEK per week, depending on qualifications and experience.
Starts: Mid January 2013.
Stockholm, Sweden: A fantastic opportunity has opened for an open, active and experienced nanny who mostly self takes care of a girl who will almost be a year old at the start. To work six days a week, for 40 hours.
So you should be: The family is looking for someone who is warm, caring, friendly, outgoing, energetic, active and focused on development and education. Flexibility is essential, since both parents work flexible hours and travel regularly.
Trips abroad may be included: Parents are busy and professional consultants, who do not work regular hours, and need to travel frequently because of their work. They can bring their nanny on business trips.
This may be part of the work: They want someone who can stimulate her daughter's interests, be creative when it comes to activities, lessons, tours and so on.
Leave social media outside: No blogging about family or publishing of pictures of their daughter in social media. Privacy is important for the family.
This is also required of you: Clean criminal record, updated first aid training, and excellent, verifiable references.
How to live: Good accommodation is arranged in the form of an apartment in their home. It has its own entrance, bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and a small living room.
The nanny should be non-smoking.

Bertil Ternert said that Estelle's nanny Elisabeth Zimmermann isn't quitting, but he didn't otherwise want to comment on the announcement of the exclusive agency or if it has to do with Daniel and Victoria. Shortly after Expressen had been in contact with the court took the agency took the annoucement out of their website.
Nanny sökes - hovet vill inte kommentera Nyheter Expressen
Translation
Old 01-21-2013, 01:05 AM
Courtier

Oooh!!! Where do I apply!!! I'd totally do it. Just overlook the fact that I don't speak swedish and it's all good!. I'm a nurse, am great with kids and am totally discreet!! Sign me up!! LOL
Old 01-26-2013, 01:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Royalist Association brought a "vårdträd" (named Häggmispel) to the yard of the Haga Palace. It was a christening present to princess Estelle.
"Vårdträd" is in Swedish folklore the large dominant tree at the family estate, which was believed to carry the family's happiness and prosperity. Harming the tree or even break the leaves of it brought misfortune and illness. Brownies, or farm gnomes, were said to live under the tree.
Victoria and Estelle got the present from the members of the Association, Patrik Åkesson och Lennart Stockblad, in November. Photo from the Association's Facebook.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...48753771_n.jpg

Åkesson and Stockblad had given this present "officially" already in 11th October to Victoria and Daniel.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...25382290_n.jpg
Old 01-26-2013, 02:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

I got very curious as to why the term Brownie appeared when translating "hustomte". In american english it is a derogatory name used for central and south americans.

Brownie is a Scottish and northern english term for gnome. Easy to see how people can insult each other without even knowing how it happened or why.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:56 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Trips abroad may be included: Parents are busy and professional consultants, who do not work regular hours, and need to travel frequently because of their work. They can bring their nanny on business trips.
Professional consultants??? Now that's a different way of describing it...
Old 01-26-2013, 03:15 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Penelope View Post
Oooh!!! Where do I apply!!! I'd totally do it. Just overlook the fact that I don't speak swedish and it's all good!. I'm a nurse, am great with kids and am totally discreet!! Sign me up!! LOL
It sounds like swedish is not necessarily a requirement as they are posting it in London and since English is widely and commonly spoken in Sweden -second language of sorts. I'm sure you could learn Swedish as you go along and plus, Estelle is going to need to learn English anyway eventually.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:45 PM
Commoner

Does Prince Daniel ever plan to go back to school to get his University degree?
Old 01-26-2013, 05:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharshana View Post
Does Prince Daniel ever plan to go back to school to get his University degree?
Why? Do Swedish universities offer course in "Prince Consortship"?
Old 02-05-2013, 12:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria and Daniel are the patrons of the Umeå European Capital of Culture 2014. The municipal commissioner Marie-Louise Rönnmark got a letter of confirmation today. Victoria and Daniel are planning at least one visit to Umeå in 2014.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Kronprinsessparet kulturhuvudstadsårets beskyddare – Umeå2014
Translation
Old 02-09-2013, 02:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

The court has updated the information to the page of the Crown Princess Couple's Wedding Foundation.
In 2012 the foundation distributed contributions to:

Red Cross Youth in Lund
Start-up of a buddy group with activities for unaccompanied refugee children in transit accommodations.
Maskrosbarn
Delegate / Support person for young people living in families with substance abuse or mental illness.
TRIS, Girls' Rights in Society
Camp Ronja that gives girls the chance for an active and independent life, and gives them an insight into Swedish society.
Ockelbo Municipality
Ockelbo camp at Countryside Center in Ockelbo to support children's contact to the nature.
Byavångsskolan
Expanding knowledge of motion-health-diet for 6-year olds.
Swedish Sports Organization for the Disabled
Training for leaders in sport for the disabled children and young people
Utdelningar - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
Old 02-10-2013, 11:43 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I don't know if there is a family thread but I just found these beautiful gifs on tumblr of Princess Estelle with Victoria and Daniel.
Whatever people say I am, that's what I'm not
Old 02-13-2013, 04:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel is the patron of En svensk klassiker, "A Swedish Classic"

HRH Prince Daniel is from 2013, the official patron of A Swedish Classic.
Ever since 1971, completion of En Svensk Klassiker ("A Swedish Classic") has been the crowning achievement for many fitness enthusiasts. The circuit diploma has been awarded to 23486 men and 4959 women to date. 10 have completed the classic circuit at impressive 25 times!
Another enthusiast is also well on his way to gaining the 25 year diploma. To qualify for the diploma, you must finish a Swedish classic event in each of the four disciplines (skiing, running, swimming, cycling) within the space of twelve months. Classic events are: Engelbrektsloppet, Vasaloppet or Öppet Spår in cross-country skiing; Vätternrundan, cycling; Vansbrosimningen, swimming; Lidingöloppet 30 km, running.

Nyhetsarkiv | En Svensk Klassiker
A classic among classics | En Svensk Klassiker

Tags
crown princess victoria, prince daniel