Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 2: September 2010 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crown Princess Victoria fell and hurt her foot during a skiing trip with the family on Monday.
She was forced to go to the hospital in Switzerland to x-ray the foot.
But according to the Royal Court's information department feels crown princess well despite the circumstances.
- This does not affect to her vacation or other public commitments, says Ulrika Näsholm from the court's press department.

The court would not comment on how bad the Crown Princess was injured.
- She has been hurt a little in the foot but it is nothing serious. There is nothing broken, says Ulrika Näsholm.
Näsholm has spoken with Victoria and she is feeling fine. According to Näsholm Victoria can continue her holiday but she probably can't ski anymore. The Crown Princess is on vacation with prince Daniel and princess Estelle. Also the king and queen are with them and the rest of the royal family.
Victoria har skadats i olycka på semestern Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Ulrika Näsholm told to Aftonbladet that Victoria is in Switzerland with her family. Näsholm didn't want to tell in which ski resort they are.
The crown princess is fine and it wasn't anything dramatic, said Näsholm.
Victoria till sjukhus efter fall i skidbacke Nyheter Aftonbladet

I guess the swedish press soon finds out where they are since they want information "Do you know more? Send SMS, MMS...."

Last edited:
other bad news related to ski vacation

Crown Princess Victoria fell and hurt her foot during a skiing trip with the family on Monday.
She was forced to go to the hospital in Switzerland to x-ray the foot.
But according to the Royal Court's information department feels crown princess well despite the circumstances.
- This does not affect to her vacation or other public commitments, says Ulrika Näsholm from the court's press department.

The court would not comment on how bad the Crown Princess was injured.
- She has been hurt a little in the foot but it is nothing serious. There is nothing broken, says Ulrika Näsholm.
The Crown Princess is on vacation with the family, but it is unclear which members of the royal family who were present.
The photos at the article are old.
Victoria har skadats i olycka på semestern Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Ulrika Näsholm told to Aftonbladet that Victoria is in Switzerland with her family. Näsholm didn't want to tell in which ski resort they are.
The crown princess is fine and it wasn't anything dramatic, said Näsholm.
Victoria till sjukhus efter fall i skidbacke Nyheter Aftonbladet

I guess the swedish press soon finds out where they are since they want information "Do you know more? Send SMS,

In Expressen they talk to Lindwall about it, now I kind of understand some Swedish, but he talked so fast I wasn't able to understand.... He said something about Madeleine and Chris were they there or he didn't know?

Press release from the court
Kronprinsessan mår bra efter mindre tillbud - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Lindwall spoke that Victoria and Daniel are very good skiers. And Madeleine also, I think that he said that Madeleine isn't skiing because she is pregnant... And probably Madeleine isn't with them. Lindwall tells that Victoria's good friend's Caroline Kreuger Nilsson's family has a big house in Verbier.

But like I edited to my post earlier, Expressen writes that Victoria is on holiday with Daniel and Estelle. The king and queen are with them and the rest of the royal family.

Last edited:
Scandinavian Royals. ‏@crownprincely 1h
According to the Swedish Court, Crown Princess Victoria injured her foot today in connection with skiing in Switzerland.

Expressen has updated their story, according to italian magazine la Repubblica the royal family is on a vacation at ski resort Cervinia in northeastern Italy.
According to the magazine Victoria was flown with a private helicopter to Aosta in Italy and from there to a hospital in Geneva. She could leave the hospital in the afternoon. "She has left the hospital and is back with the family", said Ulrika Näsholm.

From la Repubblica
Another excellent accident on the slopes of the Alps' happened in Cervinia, starring Princess Victoria of Sweden. On holiday in the Valle d'Aosta with the family, the noble was hurt on the slopes on the border between Italy and Switzerland. Transported by a private helicopter to Aosta, the princess then preferred to go to Geneva, and in the late afternoon she returned to Cervinia with only a twisted ankle. Princess had arrived to Cervinia on Sunday to spend a few days holiday with her ​​husband, Prince Daniel, and daughter Estelle. Even her ​​parents, Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia and her sister Madeleine are there.
La principessa Vittoria di Svezia s'infortuna sugli sci a Cervinia - Torino - Repubblica.it
Translation

Cervinia?? if i didn't feel like a stalker doing it, i would go there in a heartbit! I live a few hours from there and i know Cervinia, yet it's not appropriate!

I was a bit alarmed when I read that Victoria had a skiing accident, with the recent news about Michael Schumacher, but I'm glad it's nothing serious!

article and picture of Victoria skiing with Estelle
792219_m1w456q75v43234_sweden.jpg

Verletzung am Fuß: Kronprinzessin Victoria bei Skiunfall verletzt | Heute.at

The picture is a few years old...taken when they were skiing in Sweden with their friends. It's not Estelle.

Last edited:
Expressen has updated their story, according to italian magazine la Repubblica the royal family is on a vacation at ski resort Cervinia in northeastern Italy.
According to the magazine Victoria was flown with a private helicopter to Aosta in Italy and from there to a hospital in Geneva. She could leave the hospital in the afternoon. "She has left the hospital and is back with the family", said Ulrika Näsholm.

From la Repubblica
Another excellent accident on the slopes of the Alps' happened in Cervinia, starring Princess Victoria of Sweden. On holiday in the Valle d'Aosta with the family, the noble was hurt on the slopes on the border between Italy and Switzerland. Transported by a private helicopter to Aosta, the princess then preferred to go to Geneva, and in the late afternoon she returned to Cervinia with only a twisted ankle. Princess had arrived to Cervinia on Sunday to spend a few days holiday with her ​​husband, Prince Daniel, and daughter Estelle. Even her ​​parents, Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia and her sister Madeleine are there.
La principessa Vittoria di Svezia s'infortuna sugli sci a Cervinia - Torino - Repubblica.it
Translation
Also Corriere.it has an article about this small accident but they are reporting the same things as repubblica.
Vittoria di Svezia cade dagli sci a Cervinia È solo una storta - Corriere.it

All articles agree on the not alarming ankle injury. Some articles go further in quoting who is participating in the holiday, some quote also Carl-Philip. Probably difficult to trust journalists on that, particularly since they illustrate the article with older pics.

Oh, I just found a picture on http://royauxsuedois.centerblog.net/
Daniel and Estelle skiing, while mummy has a rest! (also in Expressen: http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/prinsesssan-estelles-premiar-i-skidbacken/), and also on Facebook of SRf

Last edited:
If she's sking I don't suppose PV can be pregnant as some of us had thought.

You are probably correct... :( I really was hoping for a sibling for Estelle
I am also hoping for a sibling soon..but many doctors allow skiing and horseback riding for the first few months.
But, private helicopter, to two different locations for a twisted ankle? This really does seem like overkill if true.

From la Repubblica

If this account is correct sounds like Princess Victoria preferred or wanted to be treated in Geneva and she was flown there for treatment.

Cervinia?? if i didn't feel like a stalker doing it, i would go there in a heartbit! I live a few hours from there and i know Cervinia, yet it's not appropriate!

Going to a so called less attractive resort may have the advantage of escaping paps, more than in prominent places like Gstaad, where paps have plenty of opportunities for chasing celebrities.

From la Repubblica

If this account is correct sounds like Princess Victoria preferred or wanted to be treated in Geneva and she was flown there for treatment.

It sounds she preferred that, yes; it could be a question of language, in Geneva it could be easier to have English speaking doctors and hospital staff, and has the reputation of very high standards in medical care. Switzerland is a fairly small country, so the distance to Geneva is not huge.

Victoria has a reputation of having excellent skiing skills, so the accident is strange, unless she was more stressed than usual about skiing.

Victoria has a reputation of having excellent skiing skills, so the accident is strange, unless she was more stressed than usual about skiing.

Accidents while skiing are perfectly normal even for a professional for so many reason! Sometimes it's not even your fault, could be a type of snow that is difficult to interpret, not enough light or even someone who doesn't ski very well and makes you lose balance!

:previous:thanks for ID q silvia who I see is carrying Estelle's skis.
crutches and a foot brace for a sprain, must be a higher grade sprain.

Is is true that Daniel's first name is Olav? I read he is named Olav Daniel and I'm shocked... If it is true why his title is Prince Daniel? Thanks

Is is true that Daniel's first name is Olav? I read he is named Olav Daniel and I'm shocked... If it is true why his title is Prince Daniel? Thanks

His full name is Olof Daniel Westling (Bernadotte these days). His primary name is Daniel. I don't know why you're so shocked about that? Most people in Sweden have several names. It doesn't necessarily have to be the first one that is your primary name.

His parents have chosen Daniel to be his primary name. Not Daniel himself. He was always known as Daniel. Even before he married. It's not unusual to have your second name as your primary name. So there is no reason to read something into it that's not there.

Calm down! It's written in his biography and I was just wondering.... Seriously guys, you are always on the alert... :-(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom