The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 04:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

I also think Prince Daniel is stepping up and appearing more since becoming a father.

Old 05-25-2012, 05:16 AM
Serene Highness

Next month it will be publish a new book "Kungliga barn":

Kungliga barn: Fyra generationer Bernadotte - Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg - Bok (9789174242836) | Adlibris Bokhandel - Alltid billigt, alltid fraktfritt

Old 05-30-2012, 01:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

From Iltasanomat:
Lennart Ribohn, board member and former vice president of Electrolux, told to Expressen, that Daniel's orthodox and swift action saved his life in October 2008. Ribohn had a workout in Daniel's gym, when he suddenly had a heart attack and his heart stopped.
- Ambulance arrival was delayed, but they got my heart started with a defibrillator, fortunately. Otherwise it would have gone badly, Ribohn said.
Daniel was the first on the scene to help Ribohn.
- We waited for an ambulance for 45 minutes, Daniel commented for Expressen.
Since then, Daniel has campainged actively with on behalf of the people who have had heart diseases and cardiac arrest.
http://www.iltasanomat.fi/kuninkaalliset/prinssi-daniel-pelasti-miehen-hengen/art-1288473197606.html
Google translaton

This story has been a long time at the website of Master Training Education.
http://www.mastertrainingeducation.se/media/pressinlagg-2
Google translation
Old 06-10-2012, 11:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Expressen had an article about that it is time to Victoria, Daniel and Estelle move to Solliden.
- It is a big change and sense of freedom for the entire royal family when they move down to Solliden Palace for the summer. They spend most of the summer at Solliden and have it as a base and starting point for their work. This applies to the royal couple, but now also the Crown Princess and Prince Daniel. They can relax on a completely different way than at the capital. They have hardly any employees from the court there. The security is managed discretely by police, says Bertil Ternert.

Madeleine and Carl Philip are of course also there but not to the same extent and with the same feeling as Victoria and her family.
- Next year maybe their new, very own house is finished and ready for occupation. I have seen the place where it should be built. It will be very beautiful, secluded among the trees a few hundred meters from the beach. A great place to grow up to Estelle, says Anders Nyholm, the tourist and business boss on Öland.
The family has received approval from the County Clerk for an exemption from the shoreline protection. Plans are well advanced. They also include a swimming pool that is meant to be shared with the royal couple. The construction begins at the earliest in the autumn.
Dags för prinsessan att flytta till Öland | Kvällsposten
Google translation

Normally the royal family goes to Solliden on July, we shall see what Victoria, Daniel and Estelle are doing this year.
Old 06-16-2012, 05:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

According to Svensk Damtidning, when Victoria, Daniel and Estelle will move to Solliden for a summer holiday, they will stay at an 110 year old Kavaljersflygeln, a lovely wooden house with three floors. The house has been renovated 12 years ago. The royal family stays there at the winter when they visit Solliden, because it is much easier to heat than the Solliden Palace. Also the guests of the royal family stay there in the summer.
Victoria och Daniel flyttar in i sekelskifteshus | Svensk Damtidning

Svensk Damtidning writes in it's paper issue, that Victoria and Daniel have planned their own summer villa a long time. It should be preferably at one floor, on a separated place far away on Sollidens estate. The villa will be built by a local construction company, and it will be modern, Nordic blond and very practical, a summer house with room for many children. An employee of the Borgholm Municipality tells that the crown princess couple has been very careful that everything will go right to rule, that all formalities have their course. They certainly do not want be accused of having received any special treatment from the Stadsbyggnadskontoret. But even though summer dream does not become reality this year, the summer of 2012 will be a special yet, Solliden becomes a paradise for a little princess.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:50 PM
Aristocracy

I would like to comment an item not yet mentioned on the Forum (unless I missed it) the visit of Vict and Dan at a WaterAid event on Friday. Their are pictures on the official site of the monarchy, and my impression is also, as I read also on SvenkDamtning that Victoria is again pregnant. That would not be a big surprise in my view. It is probably normal that they make their family plans so that their children would follow each other closely, bearing in mind their age and also, who knows, pressure on Victoria to replace her father, after the book on scandals, repeated negative articles in the press etc... I don't think they plan to have more than 2 children, that is of course pure guess...
Old 06-17-2012, 12:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne2 View Post
I would like to comment an item not yet mentioned on the Forum (unless I missed it) the visit of Vict and Dan at a WaterAid event on Friday.
...see the 'Current events' topic for this:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post1430666
Old 06-17-2012, 01:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I would like to comment an item not yet mentioned on the Forum (unless I missed it) the visit of Vict and Dan at a WaterAid event on Friday. Their are pictures on the official site of the monarchy, and my impression is also, as I read also on SvenkDamtning that Victoria is again pregnant. That would not be a big surprise in my view. It is probably normal that they make their family plans so that their children would follow each other closely, bearing in mind their age and also, who knows, pressure on Victoria to replace her father, after the book on scandals, repeated negative articles in the press etc... I don't think they plan to have more than 2 children, that is of course pure guess...
And why do you think that Victoria and Daniel, who both love children, it is easy to see, will have only 2 children?
Old 06-17-2012, 11:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
my impression is also, as I read also on SvenkDamtning that Victoria is again pregnant. That would not be a big surprise in my view. It is probably normal that they make their family plans so that their children would follow each other closely
Of course there is always the possibility of a new pregnancy, but I would guess that Victoria is still breastfeeding Estelle (mothers are recommended to breastfeed for at least six months in Sweden and I would think that Victoria wants to do what's considered best for her child) and breastfeeding usually prevents a new pregnancy.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria and Daniel are celebrating their second wedding anniversary today. Time surely flies, already two years of their beautiful wedding.
Grattis på bröllopsdagen! | Svensk Damtidning
Google translation
Old 06-19-2012, 05:15 AM
Aristocracy

i can't believe it's already 2 years!
Old 06-19-2012, 11:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria & Daniel von Schweden: Vor 2 Jahren besiegelten sie ihre Liebe - BUNTE

Victoria och Daniel firar pappersbröllop idag « Hovbloggen
Old 06-20-2012, 06:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

MTV3 quotes Expressen:
Victoria and Daniel started their summer holiday yesterday. Daniel was presenting the research grant of the Heart-Lung Foundation at the Royal Palace. Staffan Josephson, the Secretary General of the foundation, is grateful that Daniel, who is very interested about their work, wanted to participate in this event. Josephson told to Expressen that Daniel suggested himself that this event could be arranged at the Royal Palace. "It gives a special touch to this event. The prince is unbeliavable good in these kind of events", he said.
According to Expressen, Daniel was in a little hurry - Victoria and Estelle were waiting for him at home, they are going to a car trip, they will spend these three weeks both in Ockelbo and in Öland. Ulrika Näsholm from court's press department told to Expressen, that Victoria and Daniel don't have any official work events until Victoria's birthday.
Hääpäivää juhlineet Victoria ja Daniel kiirehtivät kesälomalle - MTV3.fi
Old 06-22-2012, 08:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria von Schweden: Endlich können sie ihr Familienglück genießen - BUNTE
Google translation
Old 07-03-2012, 12:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Newspaper convicted of a headline concerning Victoria

Press Council blames weekly newspaper Hänt Extra to have violated good journalistic practice for a headline and article that could get readers to believe that the crown princess was about to miscarry.
The title of number 49/11 was: "Nausea, headache and dizziness ... Crown Princess Victoria near miscarriage - now friends warn Victoria".
The decision states, that the crown princess should not have to accept the "integrity of sensitive information that is not true."
Norran, Skellefteå » Tidning fälld för Victorialöpsedel
Google translation
Old 07-06-2012, 04:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Ninja Man, who threatened Victoria a few years ago, is back in Öland again.
Ninjamannen åter tillbaka på Öland | Kvällsposten
Google translation
There aren't any members of the royal family in Öland now, and Bertil Ternert from court's press department said that he doesn't know exactly when they arrive.
Ninjamannen tillbaka på Öland | Nyheter | Aftonbladet
Old 07-07-2012, 05:58 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The Ninja Man, who threatened Victoria a few years ago, is back in Öland again.
Ninjamannen åter tillbaka på Öland | Kvällsposten
Google translation
There aren't any members of the royal family in Öland now, and Bertil Ternert from court's press department said that he doesn't know exactly when they arrive.
Ninjamannen tillbaka på Öland | Nyheter | Aftonbladet
This man is completely crazy, i hope he isn't a danger.
Also, who can possibly hate Crown Princess Victoria?
Old 07-12-2012, 10:50 AM
Courtier

It has been a very long time since we've last seen or heard from V&D. Are they on vacation somewhere? I cannot wait for the weekend so we get to see them again on Victoriadagen!
Old 07-12-2012, 01:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharina View Post
It has been a very long time since we've last seen or heard from V&D. Are they on vacation somewhere? I cannot wait for the weekend so we get to see them again on Victoriadagen!
Expressen Kvällsposten wrote on Sunday that "now the royal family is in Solliden", so I thought it meant at least the king, the queen, Victoria, Daniel and Estelle. Carl Philip was in Ireland on Sunday and Madeleine could have stayed in Marstrand after her work event on Friday, her friends spend summer there.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Expressen Kvällsposten wrote on Sunday that "now the royal family is in Solliden", so I thought it meant at least the king, the queen, Victoria, Daniel and Estelle. Carl Philip was in Ireland on Sunday and Madeleine could have stayed in Marstrand after her work event on Friday, her friends spend summer there.
Yet on the photo from Tuesday were just the King & Queen. So it's still possible that the rest of the family arrived/will arrive only later this week.

Tags
crown princess victoria, prince daniel