Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 2: September 2010 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Royalist Association brought a "vårdträd" (named Häggmispel) to the yard of the Haga Palace. It was a christening present to princess Estelle.
"Vårdträd" is in Swedish folklore the large dominant tree at the family estate, which was believed to carry the family's happiness and prosperity. Harming the tree or even break the leaves of it brought misfortune and illness. Brownies, or farm gnomes, were said to live under the tree.
Victoria and Estelle got the present from the members of the Association, Patrik Åkesson och Lennart Stockblad, in November. Photo from the Association's Facebook.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/557226_467265193332067_1648753771_n.jpg

Åkesson and Stockblad had given this present "officially" already in 11th October to Victoria and Daniel.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/285691_434183513306902_2025382290_n.jpg

Last edited:
I got very curious as to why the term Brownie appeared when translating "hustomte". In american english it is a derogatory name used for central and south americans.

Brownie is a Scottish and northern english term for gnome. Easy to see how people can insult each other without even knowing how it happened or why.

Trips abroad may be included: Parents are busy and professional consultants, who do not work regular hours, and need to travel frequently because of their work. They can bring their nanny on business trips.

Professional consultants??? Now that's a different way of describing it... ;)

Oooh!!! Where do I apply!!! I'd totally do it. Just overlook the fact that I don't speak swedish and it's all good!. I'm a nurse, am great with kids and am totally discreet!! Sign me up!! LOL

It sounds like swedish is not necessarily a requirement as they are posting it in London and since English is widely and commonly spoken in Sweden -second language of sorts. I'm sure you could learn Swedish as you go along and plus, Estelle is going to need to learn English anyway eventually. ;)

Does Prince Daniel ever plan to go back to school to get his University degree?

Last edited:
The court has updated the information to the page of the Crown Princess Couple's Wedding Foundation.
In 2012 the foundation distributed contributions to:

Red Cross Youth in Lund
Start-up of a buddy group with activities for unaccompanied refugee children in transit accommodations.
Maskrosbarn
Delegate / Support person for young people living in families with substance abuse or mental illness.
TRIS, Girls' Rights in Society
Camp Ronja that gives girls the chance for an active and independent life, and gives them an insight into Swedish society.
Ockelbo Municipality
Ockelbo camp at Countryside Center in Ockelbo to support children's contact to the nature.
Byavångsskolan
Expanding knowledge of motion-health-diet for 6-year olds.
Swedish Sports Organization for the Disabled
Training for leaders in sport for the disabled children and young people
Utdelningar - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

Daniel is the patron of En svensk klassiker, "A Swedish Classic"

HRH Prince Daniel is from 2013, the official patron of A Swedish Classic.
Ever since 1971, completion of En Svensk Klassiker ("A Swedish Classic") has been the crowning achievement for many fitness enthusiasts. The circuit diploma has been awarded to 23486 men and 4959 women to date. 10 have completed the classic circuit at impressive 25 times!
Another enthusiast is also well on his way to gaining the 25 year diploma. To qualify for the diploma, you must finish a Swedish classic event in each of the four disciplines (skiing, running, swimming, cycling) within the space of twelve months. Classic events are: Engelbrektsloppet, Vasaloppet or Öppet Spår in cross-country skiing; Vätternrundan, cycling; Vansbrosimningen, swimming; Lidingöloppet 30 km, running.

Nyhetsarkiv | En Svensk Klassiker
A classic among classics | En Svensk Klassiker

Victoria's best friend Caroline Nilsson has given a rare interview to magazine "S", and Expressen has copied the article:

Caroline Nilsson, 35, has been close to Crown Princess Victoria for almost their entire lives. Then as now, they have shared many moments together and now they are both parents. In an exclusive interview for S Caroline tells about meetings with Estelle - and gives praise to Victoria and Daniel, responsible and good parents.
- I had not managed to combine work and young children as fast and good as they have done. They do a super job and I am very proud of Victoria, she says to S.
Caroline describes Estelle as pure joy spreader after meeting her.
- Estelle is a wonderful happy little baby, she feels very pleased and satisfied. I think she feels very loved. Estelle is a little ray of sunshine.

Caroline works as a PR consultant in baby food company Otto and also as a silversmith. With two daughters Chloe, 5, and Leonie, three, she has learned one or two lessons that can come in handy in the future for the Victoria and Daniel. Victoria has also asked from her advice on parenting. One of Caroline's top tips is simple, she has tipped Victoria to try to sleep as much as possible when Estelle sleeps so that she will catch up on sleep. But that's easier said than done.
Victorias bästa vän om vänskapen och Estelle Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation

Caroline describes Estelle as pure joy spreader after meeting her.
- Estelle is a wonderful happy little baby, she feels very pleased and satisfied. I think she feels very loved. Estelle is a little ray of sunshine.
With two daughters Chloe, 5, and Leonie, three, she has learned one or two lessons that can come in handy in the future for the Victoria and Daniel. Victoria has also asked from her advice on parenting. One of Caroline's top tips is simple, she has tipped Victoria to try to sleep as much as possible when Estelle sleeps so that she will catch up on sleep. But that's easier said than done.

That´s true,it is probably easier said than done but so far Victoria and Daniel seem to cope extremely well with heir new family!I wish them good luck for the future & I am sure Estelle will grow to become a lovely,smart & kind girl!

According to some tweets, Daniel and Estelle are spending the weekend in Ockelbo.

According to some tweets, Daniel and Estelle are spending the weekend in Ockelbo.

Would make sense since, according to Expressen, Victoria participated in Madeleine's bachelorette party abroad. They left Stockholm by Brussels Airlines... final destination..?

Would make sense since, according to Expressen, Victoria participated in Madeleine's bachelorette party abroad. They left Stockholm by Brussels Airlines... final destination..?

They went to Geneva, Switzerland, and from there to a ski resort. I have posted the articles and videos to Madeleine's and Chris' pre-wedding thread.

Last edited:
According to these articles, Victoria, Daniel and Estelle are in Aguamarga with Willem-Alexander, Maxima and obviously also their daughters. Victoria and Daniel are staying at the big villa at an area of Tío Kiko, owned by a swede. Victoria and Maxima have been seen shopping together at a supermarket and Daniel has been seen jogging and they have also been walking at the village.
Victoria de Suecia y Máxima Zorreguieta, de vacaciones en la...
Translation

La indiscreción de un repartidor descubre que la princesa Victoria de Suecia pasa la Semana Santa en Cabo de Gata Noticias de Almería
Translation

According to this article, Victoria, Daniel, Willem Alexander and Maxima are staying in two different villas close to each other.
Máxima de Holanda y Victoria de Suecia, en Almería - Terra España
Translation

Máxima Zorreguieta to Victoria Suecia pasan Semana Santa in Almería
Translation

Last edited:
While I am very grateful for the translations available on the web, I must admit I have go giggle occasionally at the grammar.

It's so cute that they are on holiday together, I didn't know that they were that good friends, anyway I Love it when royals do something or go somewhere together I LOVE IT!!
p.s. i'm wondering, will they still do things like this after WA&M become king and queen?

The city Mayor is very happy about Victoria, Daniel and Estelle spending their vacation there and thinks it brings positive things for the future.
Alcalde dice que están de enhorabuena por visita de Victoria de Suecia y valora la promoción de Cabo de Gata - EcoDiario.es
Translation

Photos of Victoria and Estelle
Victoria ja Estelle kuvattiin lomatunnelmissa Espanjassa Kuninkaalliset Iltalehti.fi

Finnish MTV3 asked from the court press department, how long Victoria, Daniel and Estelle are in Spain on their holiday.
Annika Sönnerberg answered:
- If they are on a private holiday, we don't comment it at all.
Victoria ja Estelle lomatunnelmissa Espanjassa, katso kuvat - Uutiset - Viihde - MTV3.fi

Last edited:
According to these articles, Victoria, Daniel and Estelle are in Aguamarga with Willem-Alexander, Maxima and obviously also their daughters. Victoria and Daniel are staying at the big villa at an area of Tío Kiko, owned by a swede. Victoria and Maxima have been seen shopping together at a supermarket and Daniel has been seen jogging and they have also been walking at the village.
Victoria de Suecia y Máxima Zorreguieta, de vacaciones en la...
Translation

La indiscreción de un repartidor descubre que la princesa Victoria de Suecia pasa la Semana Santa en Cabo de Gata Noticias de Almería
Translation

According to this article, Victoria, Daniel, Willem Alexander and Maxima are staying in two different villas close to each other.
Máxima de Holanda y Victoria de Suecia, en Almería - Terra España
Translation

Máxima Zorreguieta to Victoria Suecia pasan Semana Santa in Almería
Translation

They are not on holiday together, Maxima is in Bali for the moment (picture).

Last edited:
Well, here we see that you can't trust the media... Maxima met the president of Bali today.

I like to read news about their official activities and how they represent their country, I wish however the press would leave them alone when they are on vacation.
The article says "the indiscretion of a journalist", god knows how he did that.

Last edited:
Well, here we see that you can't trust the media... Maxima met the president of Bali today.

I like to read news about their official activities and how they represent their country, I wish however the press would leave them alone when they are on vacation.
The article says "the indiscretion of a journalist", god knows how he did that.

To me the article speaks about a flower dealer. The people in the town recognized Victoria and Daniel and the word spread out in Twitter, Facebook... I'm sure that Victoria and Daniel knew that they hardly could be left in peace for many days. They left Sweden on Saturday afternoon, arrived to Spain on Saturday evening, so they had Sunday and Monday and the first photos were taken today.

Thanks LadyFinn for the adorable photos:) glad to Estelle is up and walking!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom