Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling, Current Events Part 3: July 2005 - May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mixer2002de said:
Well how did the royal couple manage not to get photographed in Ockelbo or at least not their staff getting photographed? No neighbour of the Westlings had a camera and could not need some extra money?

That´s what we would have done, right Mixer? ;)
But I guess for the good neighbourship it´s not so good, when you spot neighbour Svensson photographing you and your guests.

Lena said:
But I guess for the good neighbourship it´s not so good, when you spot neighbour Svensson photographing you and your guests.
And anyway for the money you could earn with you can easily relocate. And if the royal car is on the public pathway in front of their hous i would photograph it anyay. That would more than sufficient. Or maybe if I had a brand new ;) Videocamera Vidotape the road.

Lena said:
Illegal photography. Ooh, I like it. ;) Goodness knows we've all done it before, except the stakes are high when you are dealing with royalty. No, I guess they have good neighbours which is very important. I'd sue my neighbours if they ever filmed me while I was in the pool or something. ha ha ha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Danielle said:
Yes, well, we never know but that's what it looks like. Let us not dwell on the hand actions. Oh, Daniel. Hmm, I wish he wouldn't grease his hair back like some disgusting mullet thing (the best way I can describe it). Eww! It just looks awful.
Illegal photography. Ooh, I like it. ;) Goodness knows we've all done it before, except the stakes are high when you are dealing with royalty. No, I guess they have good neighbours which is very important. I'd sue my neighbours if they ever filmed me while I was in the pool or something. ha ha ha.

Maybe after "crown princess Mary" Australians are generally filming their neighbour girls in the hope, that they will become princesses one day :p

I think the neighbours of the Westlings are indeed ok. So far they have kept more or less mum.
Only 2 neighbour girls have once talked to the press. Emily (left in the pic, the right one is her sister Sabina) said "Daniel has stopped and talked to my mother" (wow, Emily ;) ) Are these sticks cigarettes and an ash-tray...bad girls (I´ve dealt too long with Americans here ;) ) social boss Olle Westling should put them into a programme...something like "stop smoking or die".

NYHETER-14s16-systrarna-44_368.jpg

Last edited:
Lena said:
Maybe after "crown princess Mary" Australians are generally filming their neighbour girls in the hope, that they will become princesses one day :p

I think the neighbours of the Westlings are indeed ok. So far they have kept more or less mum.
Only 2 neighbour girls have once talked to the press. Emily (left in the pic, the right one is her sister Sabina) said "Daniel has stopped and talked to my mother" (wow, Emily ;) ) Are these sticks cigarettes and an ash-tray...bad girls (I´ve dealt too long with Americans here ;) ) social boss Olle Westling should put them into a programme...something like "stop smoking or die".
Yeah, maybe. Re: the bolded bit :D:D They don't look like cigarettes to me (more like a spoon and a bowl), or are you being sarcastic? But as I've said many times before, my eyes are terrible, so it could very well be and I wouldn't notice (like when CP Victoria was kissing a frog and I couldn't even see the frog).

Danielle said:
Yes, well, we never know but that's what it looks like. Let us not dwell on the hand actions. Oh, Daniel. Hmm, I wish he wouldn't grease his hair back like some disgusting mullet thing (the best way I can describe it). Eww! It just looks awful.
What would be illegal if you took a pic on th public paveway or of the royal car and the guards on the street?

Mr. "I´m so cool" and princess "I am so happy to watch my brother" have yesterday watched Carl Philip driving (look in his thread).
smycke375.jpg

Aftonbladet has now even noticed Victoria´s VD-necklace. According to them this must be a sign for an engagement (well, when it would be like this, then she should be engaged by now...because she has worn it already in February)
ETW was asked and she says, that Victoria does like this piece very much, that she doesn´t know from where it is (do we believe that our Lisbeth? :rolleyes: ) and she has stolen Victoria´s universal answer to engagement-questions "the crown princess will tell, when the day comes"

And Nyhlén has found a source, who told him, that Victoria is deeply in love with Daniel and wants him wholeheartedly as hubby (hm, I wonder how and when sources tell him such things :rolleyes: )

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/karleksex/story/0,2789,685352,00.html

Last edited:
from the go-cart race....CAPTION: CROWN PRINCESS VICTORIA and boyfriend DANIEL WESTLING at the Red Bull ultimate driver Go-Kart race.

from newscom.

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 411
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 303
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 328
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 438
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 357
  • 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 302
  • 27.jpg
    27.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 397
  • 28.jpg
    28.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 420
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 343
bigheadshirmp said:
from the go-cart race....CAPTION: CROWN PRINCESS VICTORIA and boyfriend DANIEL WESTLING at the Red Bull ultimate driver Go-Kart race.

from newscom.

Thank you for the pictures bigheadshirmp! :)

For once in a very long time, I really like Victoria's hair. It's so long and so soft looking!

And do my eyes deceive me, or do I actually see a hint of a genuine smile on Daniel's face rather than his usual grimace or smirk, which is passed off as a smile? http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=181198

I agree, Alexandria. That's a nice, soft, casual hairdo on Victoria. So much better than keeping it swept back in a pony-tail.

Victoria looks really fantastic! I love the way she wears her hair. She looks relaxed and happy.

Thank you very much for the pics, bigheadshirmp.

great pics! Thanks for posting!

Victoria looks fantastic. So happy and relaxed. And you´re right, it does look like Daniel is smiling :)

I agree with all of you! She does look really happy. And that color shirt looks beautiful on her.

DW looks a little slick and rogue-ish, but V wouldn't be the first princess to marry someone like that (see Princess Caroline, Princess Stephanie, possibly Q. Elizabeth and even Q. Margret, in their own ways!)

Victoria looks great, natural and very beautiful!

But then there's Daniel... These days he really seem to have adjusted to the "lump of butter" style, dressing like some slick Östermalm brat... Even if his old style wasn't great either (it was rather ugly, with all the trucker caps and slacky clothes), at least it was more of the original Daniel. This new styled version of his really feels like it's not the real Daniel, only an Östermalm-styled Danne, trying to fit in with the in-crowd of the Stockholm jet set... :(

Gita said:
I love her "DV" necklace. Is it diamonds?

I think it are. Whoever has chosen it ("whoever" is to 99% Daniel) has showed some sense for symbolism. It´s not just a plain necklace with the letters "V" and "D". As I get it the "D" is a little bit bigger (which probably represents Daniel´s physicial power through his bigger body...and this likely says something like "I protect you") and the "V" is jewelled with stones (probably diamonds). The glittering stones represent Victoria as radiant part of this relationship.
When Daniel has really planned it like this, then he has deserved some admiration.

Some pics of Daniel and Victoria watching the go-cart race. In a few you can spot Emma.
Source: Vienna press/Fotomarktplatz

Attachments

• a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 417
  • a8.jpg
    a8.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 497
  • a7.jpg
    a7.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 412
  • a6.jpg
    a6.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 410
  • a5.jpg
    a5.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 393
  • a4.jpg
    a4.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 480
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 427
  • A1.jpg
    A1.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 347
She looks great with her hair down. Westling looks VERY good looking in those pictures.

Many happy Westlings in one pic...

SWEDEN 040220 - Crown princess Victoria's boyfriend Daniel Westling with his father, Olle Westling and his mother Eva Westling attends a basket game. Daniel's parents are seeing the King and Queen in private, and have been invited to Drottningholm Castle, and that might be a sign of an upcoming engagement between Victoria and Daniel. Photo: Mats Olsson Code: 2039 COPYRIGHT STELLA PICTURES/Eastnews

Expressen also had the story about the Royal couple meeting the Westlings. The Westlings should have been guests at Drottningholm...and there should be contact via phone.
Eva Westling (cooking kålpudding-cabbage pudding...which should be-according to our dear GrandDuchess-tasty) was (thanks god!) not willing to tell Expressen anything. She has refused to comment (even though it must have been hard for her...I guess she can´t wait to see her boy marrying the highest ranked bachelorette in Sweden ;) :rolleyes: :D )

I don´t know...in a way I´m a bit disappointed. An engagement now wouldn´t be a surprise...just something like "was about time" :confused:

http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=421380

Attachments

• SZWECJA_WESTLING_DANIEL17_1.jpg
    SZWECJA_WESTLING_DANIEL17_1.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 446
Hair

Thank you for the photographs everyone. I love Crown Princess Victoria's hair down, looks lovely and it really suits her. :) :cool:

Lena said:
Many happy Westlings in one pic...

SWEDEN 040220 - Crown princess Victoria's boyfriend Daniel Westling with his father, Olle Westling and his mother Eva Westling attends a basket game. Daniel's parents are seeing the King and Queen in private, and have been invited to Drottningholm Castle, and that might be a sign of an upcoming engagement between Victoria and Daniel. Photo: Mats Olsson Code: 2039 COPYRIGHT STELLA PICTURES/Eastnews

Expressen also had the story about the Royal couple meeting the Westlings. The Westlings should have been guests at Drottningholm...and there should be contact via phone.
Eva Westling (cooking kålpudding-cabbage pudding...which should be-according to our dear GrandDuchess-tasty) was (thanks god!) not willing to tell Expressen anything. She has refused to comment (even though it must have been hard for her...I guess she can´t wait to see her boy marrying the highest ranked bachelorette in Sweden ;) :rolleyes: :D )

I don´t know...in a way I´m a bit disappointed. An engagement now wouldn´t be a surprise...just something like "was about time" :confused:

http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=421380
So does this mean that there will indeed be an engagement announcement soon? I mean, the King and Queen are very busy people, so in order for them to 'meet-up' with Daniel's parents, it must be something very important, right?

Actually I just wanted to complain that you never see Daniel W. smile in those pictures - not suitable prince consort material as far as waving and smiling is concerned. But then I thought about Mette-Marit of Norway, and the fact that in those early pictures she doesn't smile, either, but looks upset or tense most of the time. And now she's turned out to be such a great princess. So maybe I should just hope for the best and expect Daniel W. to get used to the attention and relax a bit - and maybe even smile sometimes? What do you think?

Daniel on the way to ruin his evening (?) He has bought KLICK, a magazine from Aftonbladet, which is advertised in the clip above and which tells about this mysterious blond girl.
What bar is that, he´s holding? Or is that Ice cream?
The jacket ist IMO better, than the things he has worn of late. But the hairdo is still (sorry to say) a style, which was in Germany between 1933 and 1945 not unpopular :rolleyes:

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/story/0,2789,700297,00.html

Attachments

• daniel200.jpg
    daniel200.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 345
Last edited:
A recent picture of Daniel.

Attachments

• c6923c99.jpg
    c6923c99.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 799
  • ec4620cc.jpg
    ec4620cc.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 360
Daniel Westling's Interview with Dagens Industri: September 2005

Summary of an article in EXPRESSEN about an article in DAGENS INDUSTRI weekend.
http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=440364

Sweden´s new prince speaks

Daniel worries about the health of the Swedes. He says, that according to public authorities in the year 2030 Sweden will have 10 million inhabitants. 6 million will be overweight.

So Daniel is planning a new concept. He says, that they will keep and improve the concept of Master Training. But here the circle od customers is limited. So Daniel wants a broader range of customers, the goal is a chain.

Daniel doesn´t tell about Victoria (this was one condition for the interview) He says, that it´s a big advantage to have so many customers, who play with so many ideas in their jobs.

Daniel also tells, that he has worked with older ppl and with children with various needs during his time at the Lillsveds college for sports (this doesn´t sound bad...I wonder, what exactly he did)

And Daniel has also an advice for ppl, who can´t go to the gym. He says, that they should walk half an hour a day (Don´t Swedes have to go half an hour to their mail box anyway ;) :p )
About his job as MD, Daniel says, that he works with the customers, just like the employees of Master Training, but according to him a MD has to think strategically, has to plan and has to make decisions.

So again an interview for Dagens Industri. I wonder, what he prefers...a) a breakfast with his girlfriend or b) a breakfast alone with the newest issue of DI, with a report on his businesses. :rolleyes:

It seems Daniel wants to keep at least his shares as prince. To me it doesn´t sound, as if he would sell all and would find to an end with this phase.

Aftonbladet, on the other hand, had to choose of course an other maneuver than Expressen. According to their sources Victoria has no time for a wedding next summer (yes, in between swimming, walking the dog, eating strawberries and weeding, there´s not much time for a wedding...Dennism I want praise for this ENGLISH pun ;) )
I would say, that both, Expressen and Aftonbladet have no real informed sources. Expressen is just reacting on all the signs...and Aftonbladet is contradicting its old "enemy"

DI had also pics to the article.
"The prize for "the best J.R. Ewing-smirk" goes to"...tension....excitement...."Daniel Westling"...clapping in the audience ;)
I must say this new pic was so shocking (in a negative way), that I had to eat half a pack Ritter Sport at once...obviously health food and sports only makes one looking old and awkward :rolleyes:

You can see the mentioned pictures in La La´s post above...

Last edited:
Thank you for searching the DI-article with more pics, tog.

These 2 pictures are better...but one can IMO clearly see, that the camera and Daniel aren´t friends...hopefully this will change, as it has changed for Mette Marit.

the first photo of him is horrible... I cant belive they chose to have that on the front page :eek:

The last two are better, but I agree with you Lena, it doesn´t seems like he and the camera are friends at all :)

btw, I think its silly that they doesn´t mention the "royal connection" when speaking about the members. C´mon, we all know you are dating the crownprincess. Sure, their private life has nothing to do with this article but writing that several members of "näringslivet" are members but nothing about the royals is just silly :)

Vi hade ett visst kundunderlag från början, men det har krävt mycket arbete för att nå de medlemmar vi nu har. Vi har aldrig annonserat, utan vi har fått fler kunder genom mun-till-mun-metoden", säger han.
Word of mouth? Yeah right :) countless articles in the papers is more right imo :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yennie said:
the first photo of him is horrible...
He looks much older in that picture than in the other photos.

I think this is a nice shot of him.

www.di.se

Attachments

• daniel234ny.jpg
    daniel234ny.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 369
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom