Swedish Royal Family, Current Events Part 3: December 2005 - October 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pollyemma said:
not bad! is that equal to about 2 million dollars.

i read that he and silvia were launching a perfume line? did that ever get off the ground? how is it doing?

i wish i could buy the perfume:D
200 Million Kronor equals approximately USD 25 Millions.

I think the launch of a perfume is a hoax. I can't see the Queen lowering herself to selling products just because every other average movie star has her own perfume.

Lena > I can't remember the paper, but it was some glossy one. Could be the Extra one :rolleyes:

Daneborn said:
200 Million Kronor equals approximately USD 25 Millions.

I think the launch of a perfume is a hoax. I can't see the Queen lowering herself to selling products just because every other average movie star has her own perfume.

Lena > I can't remember the paper, but it was some glossy one. Could be the Extra one :rolleyes:
There has been a parfume on sale at Solliden, and it had both the King and the Queens signatures on the cover.
And there was a story about them beeing involved in some other project to, but I dont remember the details...
I think it had something to do with charity and queen Silvias foundation Childhood

Aha :eek:

So now everyone can smell like the Queen :rolleyes:
What a great gift for my aunt in Denmark, she adores Queen Silvia.

If they really wanna make big bucks in the name of charity I think they should introduce a line of toilet paper with their own faces on it.

I'm not saying I would use it but I would definitely buy it ;)

Daneborn said:

If they really wanna make big bucks in the name of charity I think they should introduce a line of toilet paper with their own faces on it.

are you a bernadotte hater?

No, of course not, I like them all. It just struck me that perfume is such a limited market. Toilet paper is funny and something everyone uses. They can sell them in round luxury containers with Gustavian-styled pictures on it.

It's still high treason in Sweden to offend the King, so it would be a crime to use such a toilet paper.

Daneborn said:
No, of course not, I like them all. It just struck me that perfume is such a limited market. Toilet paper is funny and something everyone uses. They can sell them in round luxury containers with Gustavian-styled pictures on it.

It's still high treason in Sweden to offend the King, so it would be a crime to use such a toilet paper.

hhmmm....i see. he could make money from sellling the TP and then fine people for treason for using it.

there's a lot of money making potential in that.

I just saw at www.royalcourt.se that there will be another week with no engagements... whats up with that?!

More than two weeks holiday after new years eve? Thats alot...
Hope they will do lots of things when they comes home :)

Yennie said:
I just saw at www.royalcourt.se that there will be another week with no engagements... whats up with that?!

Well, I think we can also forget about this January. Always the Swedish Royal Family start slowest into the new working year and when they have finally started, they still don´t perform many duties in January. The only highlight will be the sports gala (and even here we have to fear, that only the half of the family appears :() Of course they could "highlight" the January with an engagement (gah, I´m sooo obsessed. Can´t stop speaking about the engagement, which won´t take place:( :D )

Daneborn said:

:D hahahaha, hilarious Daneborn
I would buy it...even more, when I would be a Swede. It would be much cooler than these more or less funny sayings some ppl pin at the door of the toilet.
PS: I like the Bernadottes

I don´t think the Queen uses the perfume. It´s said she uses "Nina Ricci"...can´t say, if we can believe it. But I´m prettysure, she doesn´t use the perfume, which is supported of the court.
It though shouldn´t smell bad. I believe to remember, that a woman dealing with perfumes/perfumeries tested it for Aftonbladet and said it´s perfect for middle aged/elderly women. So maybe the right birthday gift for your aunt.

Last edited by a moderator:
:eek:
Yennie said:

well that they're not appearing out in public doesnt mean they are not working.

pollyemma said:

Yes, being well prepared and checking some "fan mail" is never bad, but other Royal families have the same amount of office work and they perform duties now. It´s not, that the Bernadottes (esp. the younger ones) wouldn´t have time to get their office things arranged during the year .
But maybe Victoria helps to set up Daniel´s new gym. This would be work as well :rolleyes:

pollyemma said:

True, but I think they are still in Kenya and I dont think they work alot over there :)

btw, has anyone heard anything about Madeleines plans for the spring? She is done with her studies, isn´t she?

Yennie said:
True, but I think they are still in Kenya and I dont think they work alot over there :)

btw, has anyone heard anything about Madeleines plans for the spring? She is done with her studies, isn´t she?

I´ve wondered that too. And because we hear nothing about her plans I assume she will go on with her studies. One can always do postgraduate studies or writing a thesis etc. pp.
Or maybe she will design Victoria´s wedding dress. Ah, I already see her with her glasses on the nose, some pins between her lips, big scissors in her right hand, and meters over meters of Champagne white silk :rolleyes:

Is Princess Lilian ill? She will not attend at the first Gala at Royal castle at 18th January! At last dinners she was always attend too!

ursulajohanna said:
Is Princess Lilian ill? She will not attend at the first Gala at Royal castle at 18th January! At last dinners she was always attend too!

aaww.. i really hope not..
is there a source for your info? or is this a guess? :confused:

I hope she´s not ill, but she is after all very old and perhaps she just cant manage to to all the things she has done in the past.

Yennie said:
I hope she´s not ill, but she is after all very old and perhaps she just cant manage to to all the things she has done in the past.

you're right..
it always amazes me how Princess Lilian still manage to put on a gala dress and wear a tiara and then showed up and participate throughout the nobel ceremony.
she always looks fragile, yet quite active. ;)

If you look at www.royalcourt.se now, they're definitely back at work!
Among other engagements, this week includes one full tiara event to be attended by King, Queen & Crown Princess: The first 'Representationsmiddag' of the year, on the evening of January 18th.

Right now Victoria and Carl Philip are at "idrottsgalan" at the Globe arena in Stockholm

photos from Svt

Last edited:
Do you have made screenshots, Jen? Thanks for the pics.
Looks as if Victoria wears now an more "advanced" version of the lioness hairdo 2 years ago (or was that last year :confused: ). I like it.
I don´t like Carl Philip´s slick italo-gigolo hairdo. He looks awfully hot though :D

The Swedish Sports Gala tonight at the Globe Arena, Stockholm...

Prince Carl Philip has high jumper and Olympic champion Kajsa Bergqvist to the table. He was very courteous, as it becomes any true gentleman, and stood up to help her with the chair as she was to enter the stage to receive an award earlier tonight. Crown Princess Victoria was on the stage to give Kajsa her award, "Bragdguldet" (don't know what it would be in English, the "The Feat Gold" or something perhaps) - one of Sweden's most prestigious awards for athletes (together with "Jerringspriset", "The Jerring Prize", which is the award from the Swedish people).

Pictures from Scanpix via Expressen:

1: The Chairman of the Swedish Sports Confederation, Karin Mattsson, together with Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Carl Philip, 2: Crown Princess Victoria has speedway driver Tony Rickardsson to the table, 3: Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Carl Philip at the arrival

Attachments

• RF ordf Karin Mattsson, V & CP, Scanpix.jpg
    RF ordf Karin Mattsson, V & CP, Scanpix.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 337
  • V & Tony Rickardsson, Scanpix.jpg
    V & Tony Rickardsson, Scanpix.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 299
  • V&CP ankommer, Scanpix.jpg
    V&CP ankommer, Scanpix.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 431
Last edited:
This dress really brings out Princess Victorias beautiful figure and as always Prince Carl Philip looks really hot and sexy.

Lena said:
I don´t like Carl Philip´s slick italo-gigolo hairdo. He looks awfully hot though :D

ooohhhh that is brutal. he is so hot though he easily overcomes his hair!

The Swedish Sports Gala tonight at the Globe Arena, Stockholm...

Pictures from Dagens Nyheter:

Alpine skiing star Anja Pärsson and Tina Nordlund, former football star in the women's national team

Alpine skiing star Anja Pärsson receiving her prize as the Female Athlete of the Year

Malin Baryard, Olympic silver winner in the team show jumping, handing over the prize for this year's athlete with a disability to Paralympic swimmer Alexandra Polivanchuck (photo by Bildbyrån)

Olympic heptathlon champion Carolina Klüft, boyfriend and pole vault jumper Patrik Kristiansson, and Olympic high jump champion Stefan Holm in the background (photo by Scanpix)

Olypmic bronze winner Emma Green receiving her prize as the Newcomer of the Year (photo by Bildbyrån)

Olympic high jump champion Kajsa Bergqvist with boyfriend Måns Herngren (photo by Scanpix)

Former alpine star Ingemar Stenmark (photo by Scanpix)

Yannick Tregaro, the Leader & Coach of the Year, with girlfriend Emma Green, Olympic bronze winner (photo by Scanpix)

Yannick Tregaro, the Leader & Coach of the Year (photo from Bildbyrån)

1: The Chairman of the Swedish Sports Confederations, Karin Mattsson, and Prince Carl Philip
1468.gif
, from Scanpix via DN, 2: Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Carl Philip at the arrival, from Scanpix via Svenska Dagbladet, 3: Crown Princess Victoria and speedway driver Tony Rickardsson, from Scanpix via SVT, 4: Crown Princess Victoria awarding "Bragdguldet" ("The Feat Gold") to high jumper & Olympic champion Kajsa Bergqvist, from Bildbyrån via Svenska Dagbladet

Attachments

• Karin Mattson & Carl Philip, Scanpix.jpg
    Karin Mattson & Carl Philip, Scanpix.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 645
  • V & CP anländer, Scanpix.jpg
    V & CP anländer, Scanpix.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 611
  • V & Tony Rickardsson, Scanpix.jpg
    V & Tony Rickardsson, Scanpix.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 359
  • Victoria & Kajsa, Bragdguldet, Bildbyrån.jpg
    Victoria & Kajsa, Bragdguldet, Bildbyrån.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 630
Last edited:
I agree, Victoria looks great! Love her dress... and Carl Philip, well that hair. But I´ll forgive him :)

some more caps from SVT:

(look at her bum!! I´m jealous :p)

Last edited:
I liked Victorias hair it looks very good on her, but I didn´t liked the dress atleast not on tv. It looked very boring and colourless and with no cleavich, but it looks better on these photos. I really don´t like Carl-Philips hair though, his hair cut is now several years overdue! Book time at the hair dresser now, or call me and I will do it for you.

Didn't Madeleine also attend the first Official Dinner in Stockholm last year? I was hoping we'd see the whole Royal Family there. I guess Madeleine is studying for her exams and packing for her trip to NYC! I never know what Carl Philip is doing, he does a really good job at keeping a low profile! :D Good to see that the Swedish Royal Family are finally gearing up for the 2006 year. May we have many great photos this year!

Victoria looks really great with her hair down.. and yes, the only downside is the dress. it looks too plain and doesn't justify her beauty & elegance.

Carl Phillip.. as always.. looks really handsome.

another one of Victoria from aftonbladet
kdpoop.jpg

and a fashion review... (can somebody translate?)
kdpopt.jpg

purple_platinum said:
another one of Victoria from aftonbladet

and a fashion review... (can somebody translate?)
kdpopt.jpg

Richard (a fashion expert) thinks: "Always attractive! She sort of looks like a modern Jackie O. Dignified, stylish and elegant. Looks good from top to toe. Extra credit for the evening's hottest accessory - Prince Carl Philip!"

Cissan said:
Extra credit for the evening's hottest accessory - Prince Carl Philip!"

haha... they got it right... i wish i also have that "hot" accesory. :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom