Swedish Royal Family, Current Events Part 7: May 2014 - Sept. 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
6qch9h.png

The Swedish Royal Family's Current Events, Part Seven
Commencing May 2014

Part Six can be found here.

Please follow the TRF Rules and Guidelines when posting.

The flowers at the table at the Royal Palace at the Sweden Dinner this evening, from the Facebook of the Royal Court.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd....372_721099614615620_1236880117584769609_n.jpg

Gallery. The ladies can choose a long or a short dress, so the queen has a long dress and Victoria short, like last year too.
APA-Picturedesk

Kungaparet gav Sverigemiddag på Kungliga slottet - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

The guest list
http://www.kungahuset.se/download/1...0256873386/140516+Sverigemiddag+GästLista.pdf

Last edited:
The king and Victoria had on Wednesday an audience with Håkan Wirtén and Ulf Holmberg from WWF at the Royal Palace. No photos yet.

The royal court published the annual report of 2013 on Monday 19th. It is only in swedish so far, the english version will be put on the court website later.
Verksamhetsberattelse 2013

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't find the National Day forum for this, but I just saw on FB that Chris and Madeleine will open the palace doors this year.

The king, queen, Victoria and Daniel have tomorrow lunch with archbishop Anders Wejryd and his wife.
On Sunday Sweden gets it's first female archbishop and the king, queen, Victoria and Daniel attend at the archiepiscopal ordination of Bishop Antje Jackelén at the Uppsala Cathedral.

The royal family celebrated Madeleine's birthday yesterday evening in Drottningholm. According to Aftonbladet, Madeleine arrived right after 20.00 and left home three hours later. At Aftonbladet's photos you can also see Victoria, Daniel and Carl Philip arrive.
Madde håller privat födelsedagsfest Nyheter Aftonbladet

More photos
IBL Bildbyrå

Obviously Chris didn't attend, he isn't at the photos. And no Sofia either.

King Carl Gustaf and Carl Philip attended at the Stenhammar Day on Monday.
Kungen och Prins Carl Philip vid Stenhammardagen - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Last edited:
The Queen and Princess Madeleine will visit Washington DC on the 25th and 26th of June with World Childhood Foundation...one of the events they'll probably attend is the thank you concert, which is part of the Thank you campaign created by princess Madeleine.

All members of the royal family are scheduled to participate in Victoriadagen, Princess Victoria birthday in July in Borgholm Oland
H.K.H. Prinsessan Madeleine - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

Last edited:
King Carl Gustaf, queen Silvia, Victoria and Daniel met today Carl Bildt, the Minister for Foreign Affairs and Caroline Vicini, the Head of the Protocol Department of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs.
They discussed about planning of next year's state visits and official visits.
Kungaparet och Kronprinsessparet i möte med utrikesministern och protokollchef - Sveriges Kungahus

Do you think we'll see an incoming state visit this year? Nothing has been announced so far... Perhaps one in the second half of the year

Do you think we'll see an incoming state visit this year? Nothing has been announced so far... Perhaps one in the second half of the year

I would find it quite odd if there wasn't an incoming state visit this year. And while looking at the history of Sweden and Finland, there will be a state visit to Finland, I think next year.

Last edited:
Is it just me or does Victorias face look rounder than usual? Not in an unhealthy way, but simply rounder. Or is it just the hat that plays tricks with my mind?

Is it just me or does Victorias face look rounder than usual? Not in an unhealthy way, but simply rounder. Or is it just the hat that plays tricks with my mind?

That would be exciting because last time she got "rounder" when she was pregnant with Estelle! I do see it- so it is not only you!

Parts of the programme of the Royal Family for August until December was today published on the Royal Courts website.

Some of the highlights:
* Polar Music Prize (Aug 26) King, Queen, Crown Princess, Prince Daniel
* Opening of new Parliamentary year (Sep 30) The Royal Family
* Official visit by H.E. the President of Austria Heinz Fischer and Mrs Margit Fischer (Oct 8) King, Queen
* The Birgit Nilsson Prize (Oct 8) King, Queen
* Representation Dinner (Nov 18) King, Queen
* Outgoing State Visit, no further information (Dec 2-4) King, Queen
* Nobel Day Festivities (Dec 10) The Royal Family
* The King's Dinner for the Nobel Laureates (Dec 11) The Royal Family

Some of the events (in Swedish):
http://www.kungahuset.se/download/1...jens+planerade+programpunkter+hösten+2014.pdf

That would be exciting because last time she got "rounder" when she was pregnant with Estelle! I do see it- so it is not only you!

Certainly looks "rounder" to me!

The court released some lovely photos of Victoria, Estelle, and Carl Gustaf today.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile appo

Is this Estelle?
Instagram

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile appo

From Expressen:
Despite a full program in June, there has been time for a visit to Skansen in Stockholm.
The purpose of the newly taken pictures is from the King's side to show the strong solidarity that exists within the family and particularly the strong ties that exist between father and daughter and the grandfather and granddaughter They took an early morning up at Skansen and it is far from the first time that the family visiting the animals and the park.
- The photos were taken in an early morning up at Skansen and the family visits gladly the fine zoo, says Margareta Thorgren.
Unik Skansenbild en markering av kungen Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Estelle is cute and it is always nice to see her and Victoria. But once again they forgot that Estelle has a father too. They published already once photos of just Victoria with Estelle, not Daniel in those photos. I hoped that they would have published a photo of Daniel and Estelle on Daniel's 40th birthday, but they didn't.
If the king wants to show solidarity, love and unity inside the family, he had a great chance to take Daniel at the photos too and show some warmth towards him. But no, nothing like that, of course not. Queen Silvia could also have been at the photos.
But it is good timing to publish them today when there is a fuss in the press about Carl Philip's and Sofia's interview.

Last edited:
I reckon the point of releasing pictures of the King, Victoria and Estelle only was to show the King, his heir and his heir's heir together. It would go a bit against the premise of the pictures, the King with his heirs, if you shove Silvia and Daniel in there as well. But I agree that a picture of Daniel and Estelle for his birthday would have been lovely.

I love the pictures. Estelle is such a cutie patootie. She looks so professional already – it's the cutest thing. The resemblance between the King, Victoria and Estelle is staggering, they look so much like each other and it's so evident when you see them together at once. I also love the fact that they included the King – we never really see much interaction between him and Estelle (I also adored the moment during Leonore's christening when the King, Madeleine and Christopher were smiling at little Estelle), it's mostly Estelle and Silvia on the maternal grandparents front, so I think these pictures were long overdue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom