Swedish Royal Family, Current Events Part 6: December 2010 - May 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice surprise that Madeleine was there. Did anyone see Chris, or did I just miss him?

Nice surprise that Madeleine was there. Did anyone see Chris, or did I just miss him?

Yes, Chris arrived too. They just came in. The king, queen, Victoria and Daniel sit together. Carl Philip, Madeleine and Chris sit on the other side of the door.
I got lucky and can see it from my TV here in Finland - my cable operator gave me as Christmas gift 10 free channels I can watch until 17th January. I chose swedish channels of course, some sports and cultural channels too.

Last edited:
Yes, Chris arrived too. They just came in. The king, queen, Victoria and Daniel sit together. Carl Philip, Madeleine and Chris sit on the other side of the door.
I got lucky and can see it from my TV here in Finland - my cable operator gave me as Christmas gift 10 free channels I can watch until 17th January. I chose swedish channels of course, some sports and cultural channels too.

Thanks, all I saw was them getting out of the cars on that narrow street and couldn't tell.
And great little gift. Wish mine would give us something! No chance of that though. Enjoy.

Photos
APA-Picturedesk

It is interesting to watch this gathering, the program has been quite similar for over 200 years.

Last edited:
A question about the Order of the Polar Star:
Why is the ribbon of the Polar Star of both CG, CP and Daniel black, whilst that of Chris is blue-yellow?
According to Wiki, black ribbon was used before 1975 and currently Chris's version is in use.

Thank you.

Last edited:
A question about the Order of the Polar Star:
Why is the ribbon of the Polar Star of both CG, CP and Daniel black, whilst that of Chris is blue-yellow?
According to Wiki, black ribbon was used before 1975 and currently Chris's version is in use.

Thank you.

The king got his Polar star before 1975. As a rule the Head of State is Grand Master of the country´s orders and holds the highest level of orders.
A quote from a Heraldica forum, someone has written to the Intendent of the Orders:
H. M. Konungen fattade tidigare i våras ett beslut om att prinsarna Carl Philip och Daniel i likhet med honom skall till frack bära Nordstjärneordens kommendörskors i svart band. Detta för att markera denna ordensvärdighets hörande till en riddare av Serafimerorden (liksom Svärdsorden). […] Det svarta bandet markerar den historiska kopplingen.
"HM the King took earlier this spring a decision that princes Carl Philip and Daniel like him should wear to a white tie the Polar Star Order's Cross at the black sash. This is to highlight the dignity of the order belonging to a knight of the Order of the Seraphim (like the Order of the Sword). [...] The black sash marks the historical link."
Heraldica - Forum fr nordiska heraldiker - Ordens-, Dekorations- och Medaljspaningar

Since Chris isn't a member of the official royal family, he uses the Order of the Polar Star with the new sash.

Last edited:
Pictures:
The Swedish Royal Family attends the Swedish Academy's Formal Gathering at the Stock Exchange in Stockholm-
MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH

thank you soooo much for this link!!!! :) ive always wanted to see a clip from the ceremony, the photos always look so regal, and even though i dont understand Swedish i enjoyed watching parts of it very much....so thanks :)

I also enjoyed it very much when I watched it live yesterday, I put it even on my digibox. It is fantastic to see a ceremony which is over 200 years old and hasn't hardly all changed.

thank you soooo much for this link!!!! :) ive always wanted to see a clip from the ceremony, the photos always look so regal, and even though i dont understand Swedish i enjoyed watching parts of it very much....so thanks :)

You (like I) are no better of than Chris. The poor guy doesn't understand anything too but has to look at least not to bored. :lol:

Last edited:
You (like I) are no better of than Chris. The poor guy doesn't understand anything too but has to look at least not to bored. :lol:
haha yep, we can pause it and watch some thing else in between, the poor guy has to appear attentive from beginning to end

Any Christmas card this year?

The Royal Court doesn't publish Christmas cards. Last year I found one from the internet, someone had put a card received from the king and queen to the net. I haven't seen a card this year yet. Of course it would be great if they would publish a card...
The Royal Court has published a New Year Greeting with a new photo during the last years.

Last edited:
The Royal Court doesn't publish Christmas cards. Last year I found one from the internet, someone had put a card received from the king and queen to the net. I haven't seen a card this year yet. Of course it would be great if they would publish a card...
The Royal Court has published a New Year Greeting with a new photo during the last years.

Thank you!! I meant the New Year Greeting, it makes sense after Christmas :flowers: Willing to see it!

The swedish royal family were having lunch on Monday at the restaurant Chalêt Etoile in Cervinia.
- Victoria wasn't with them today when the family had lunch here. We were told that she was hurt, tells Caroline Frassy, who served to the royals.
Ulrika Näsholm told that Victoria is again with her family and everything is fine and this little accident doesn't change her holiday or official events.

The royal family is having a holiday together. They have eaten on two days at the restaurant Chalêt Etoile, which is 2 700 meters high and owns by the swedish-italian family Frassy.
- I served to the royal family today, there were the king, queen, Madeleine and Carl Philip. The day before Victoria and Daniel were also there. Without Estelle, we are so high up at the piste. But today she didn't come, we heard that she had had a skiing accident. The royals are very nice. An easy and sympathetic family, tells Caroline Frassy, the daughter of the owner family.
The restaurant is popular among international celebrities. Among the regulars are singer Peter Gabriel and flight tycoon Richard Branson.
- This is the first year the royal family is here. It is very nice and a big honour, says Ulla Frassy, born in Västerås, she has lived in Cervinia already 33 years and runs the restaurant with her husband Cesare and children Caroline and Kalle.
- The queen's brother Ralf is my good friend. I don't know if he has recommended our restaurant. Our speciality here is fish. And I am particularly known for my fish soup. But the royal family ate mostly pasta, she says.
Victorias dubbelresa - efter sin skidolycka Expressen
Translation

The photo at the article is old.

Last edited:
No offense but who cares about Chris when we have Estelle! Oh my word she is too cute!

Precious precious :rose: so sweet awww
Estelle is true star :) cuteness

I'm glad that they published this photo of Estelle with Daniel, I was disappointed that there wasn't a new photo for the New Year greeting.
The family got only two peaceful days in Italy before they were discovered. Hopefully they can enjoy their holiday without being too much harrassed by the paparazzis.

En skadad prinsessa, ett kungatal och Estelle på vingliga ben Hovbloggen
Translation

According to this italian article, also Chris and Sofia are with the royal family in Italy.
La Stampa - Cervinia, infortunio sugli sci per la principessa di Svezia
Translation

Oh my...Too adorable and I adore her sunglasses!! BTW, has no one else picked up on Estelle's ski boots or more to the point, the colours of those ski boots? Very fitting for a little Swedish Princess. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom