Swedish Royal Family, Current Events Part 6: December 2010 - May 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gutted for Sweden. :sad:
Delighted to see the royal support though.

Yes there are two ways to look at the match : the disappointment at the final score (seen from Sweden) and the pleasure to see the royals' motivation for their players; nice to see such a big delegation from the RF:flowers:

i love that dress of victoria - i hope we get a better picture.

The guest list
131203_GästLista
Translation

Among the guests was the gold and silver medalist from the London Paralympics, wheelchair tennis player Anna-Carin Ahlquist. And the gold medalist from the London olympic games, sailor Max Salminen.

One bigger photo from court Facebook
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1473020_633676550024594_476446963_n.jpg

Last edited:
What was the Official Dinner in honour of?

The swedish royal family hosts 2 or 3 official dinners every year, there is no special reason. The invited guests are from the government, parliament, diplomatic corps, state officials, business people, representants of sports and art, and people the king and queen havde met during the year.
This year the first official dinner was called "Sweden dinner" and the guests were chosen differently - the king and queen asked the governors choose guests from their county and make proposition to the court. The official dinners have always been white tie events, but the Sweden Dinner was a black tie event.

The swedish royal family hosts 2 or 3 official dinners every year, there is no special reason. The invited guests are from the government, parliament, diplomatic corps, state officials, business people, representants of sports and art, and people the king and queen havde met during the year.
This year the first official dinner was called "Sweden dinner" and the guests were chosen differently - the king and queen asked the governors choose guests from their county and make proposition to the court. The official dinners have always been white tie events, but the Sweden Dinner was a black tie event.

Thanks Lady Finn,I was looking for information on the Swedish Royal site and all I found was 'Official Dinner' :D

Last edited:
Press release from the court:
The royal family's attendance at the Nobel
The royal family traditionally attends the Nobel festivities.
Princess Madeleine's pregnancy does not make it possible for the Princess to attend in such a long ceremony as the Nobel festivities is.
The Princess's pregnancy proceeds otherwise well but the Princess knows that it is difficult to attend during the long Nobel Day.
Princess hoped until the last moment to have the opportunity to participate, but is now unfortunately forced to cancel her attendance.
Kungafamiljens närvaro vid Nobel - Sveriges Kungahus

Two years ago the long Nobel ceremony and banquet didn't seem to be any problem for crown princess Victoria.

Last edited:
Every pregnancy is different LadyFinn. Some women can go on with their everyday activities for the whole 40 weeks(e.g. CP Victoria, she was attending state lunches two days before giving birth), whereas some cannot even move after 7th month.

Maybe Madeleine could have attended just the Prize Ceremony which lasted last year only one hour and 10 minutes. The banquet lasts about four hours.
But of course she feels better to be able to be with her husband in New York.

Prinsessan Madeleine hoppar av Nobelfesten - Nyheter SVT.se

Annika Sönnerberg, the Deputy Director of the Information and Press Department, has spoken with Princess Madeleine on the difficult decision. Sönnerberg understands her and says that Madeleine is truly sorry.
- I have recently realized that she can not come to Stockholm and the Nobel festivities. It is a long, exhausting day and a long, exhausting flight from New York to Stockholm. Therefore the princess has to cancel her attendance, tells Sönnerberg to Expressen.
Prinsessan Madeleine hoppar av Nobelfesten Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV

To Aftonbladet Sönnerberg says that Madeleine and Chris are still planning to attend at the queen's birthday celebrations: We may take a few days at a time, right now at the Nobel Prize, she feels that she can not attend.
Madeleine tvingas ställa in Nobel Nyheter Aftonbladet

Last edited:
Princess Madeleine would have to travel from New York on a long transatlantic flight which can be tiring and then attend the ceremonies,the Princess is also pregnant.Mother and baby's health,safety and well being are more important.

is it known whether she will attend the kings gala on wednesday?

is it known whether she will attend the kings gala on wednesday?

No, because Annika Sönnerberg said to Aftonbladet that Madeleine and Chris hope that they can come home to Sweden to the queen's celebration on 18th December. So obviously they are flying to Sweden about a week later than Madeleine would have come to the Nobels.

Last edited:
I'm make very sad... I was very excited to see Madeleine :( :(

:cry: Sigh... It´s perfectly understandable, but I hope she makes it at least to her mums birthday.

The Swedish Court just announced that Victoria won't be in attendance either- she is going to attend Nelson Mandela's Memorial Ceremony...

Annika Sönnerberg from the court press department to Aftonbladet:
The crown princess must unfortunately cancel her attendance at the Nobel Prize ceremony and banquet. This has been discussed during the day and now she has made the decision.
Kronprinsessan till minnesceremonin för Mandela Nyheter Aftonbladet

To Expressen Sönnerberg said that Victoria will be back in Sweden on Wednesday so that she can attend at the King's dinner for the Nobel Laureates.
Kronprinsessan åker till Sydafrika Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation

Last edited:
Maybe Madeleine could have attended just the Prize Ceremony which lasted last year only one hour and 10 minutes. The banquet lasts about four hours.
But of course she feels better to be able to be with her husband in New York.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article17980355.ab

I tend to agree. It comes across as a bit of nitpicking, not attending the Nobles without Chris but taking the same long flight a short time later for the Queens birthday, together with Chris.

OK, pregnant women get a pass on everything, so who are we to critizise. But its another case of unfortunate press handlings of the last weeks (Chris is attending, is not attending etc) that in the end gives room for discussions/critizism on the couple.

I tend to agree. It comes across as a bit of nitpicking, not attending the Nobles without Chris but taking the same long flight a short time later for the Queens birthday, together with Chris.

I agree with you.

The king, queen, Victoria, Daniel and Carl Philip attend today at the Swedish Academy's formal gathering at the Stock Exchange in Stockholm. It starts at 17.00. Those who live in Sweden can see it live at Kunskapskanalen on TV.

Madeleine arrived too, it is a surprise since she wasn't told to attend according to the calendar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom