Swedish Royal Family, Current Events Part 6: December 2010 - May 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to me that there has been a serious family meeting about all the negative comments and media reports (also from the rift between Madeleine and Sofia), and they have decided that something has to be done.

I agree and this looks maximum forced / staged. And to me, its not even a success: Madeleine is wearing sunglasses and is keeping her head down, if at all talking to CP who doesnt look comfortable either.

The only one who looks happy and smiling is Sofia, doing her favouite thing, enjoying attention and talking to the paparazzi :whistling: :eek:

As mentioned before, it had to be done for the greater good, but it wont put the rumours to rest.

I agree and this looks maximum forced / staged. And to me, its not even a success: Madeleine is wearing sunglasses and is keeping her head down, if at all talking to CP who doesnt look comfortable either.

The only one who looks happy and smiling is Sofia, doing her favouite thing, enjoying attention and talking to the paparazzi :whistling: :eek:

As mentioned before, it had to be done for the greater good, but it wont put the rumours to rest.

I was really surprised to see that picture given reports that I had read about Madeleine "not welcoming" Sofia into the family and so on.

However, nothing seems to faze Sofia at all. She does look genuinely happy.

Well, it IS a success for Sofia, finally she is "accepted" by her "biggest enemy" within the RF. Another step closer to an announcement.

Looking forced/staged or not, everything is better than hearing about tensions in the RF. This is NOT something which should be discussed in every media, but normally shoud stay behind the palace walls.
Madeleine is in the fireline at the moment anyway, so she may have decided to at least finish one battle :lol:.

BYe Bine

:previous:
It's not that interesting, but rather predictable...:whistling:
I agree, it's sad that SRF is actually blind to this. They fight for their privacy and on the other hand accept someone who seeks the media attention, I don't think that Sofia will play by they rules once she gets the ring.:whistling:

Well, according to the calendar, Madeleine has an event in the US at the end of next month. Wonder if she'll stay in Sweden till then?

Duke of Marmalade said:

My thoughts exactly.

Well, according to the calendar, Madeleine has an event in the US at the end of next month. Wonder if she'll stay in Sweden till then?

I would guess that she returns to New York after this week and comes back home for the christening. In a few days we will see.

Lovely pictures, thank you MagMil! :flowers:
Who or what was the official dinner dedicated to?

Her Majesty's gown is a bit too bright for my taste, while Madeleine's is decidedly understated. Still, both ladies looked beautiful. while the King and Prince Daniel looked very smart indeed.

Who or what was the official dinner dedicated to?
The official representation gala dinners take place two to four times a year, hosted by The King and Queen for Swedish representatives - invited are guests from the diplomatic corps, the Parliament, the Government, departments and authorities, Swedish science, culture, sport and economy.

Photo gallery from 'Svensk Dam Tidning':
http://svenskdam.se/2012/03/det-var-onekligen-madeleines-kvall/

Last edited:
The official representation gala dinners take place two to four times a year, hosted by The King and Queen for Swedish representatives - invited are guests from the diplomatic corps, the Parliament, the Government, departments and authorities, Swedish science, culture, sport and economy.
Thank you for answering my question! :flowers:

"Father Daniel" sounds rather strange, doesn't it? Almost as though Prince Daniel has joined the ranks of priesthood. :D
Is known when Victoria will get back to work?

I would imagine she will take an appropriate amount of time for maternity leave and only show up at major events like the Nobels. In this at least she should be given the same consideration as other Swedish women.

I would imagine she will take an appropriate amount of time for maternity leave and only show up at major events like the Nobels. In this at least she should be given the same consideration as other Swedish women.

Normally the crown princesses have had a maternity leave of about three months. And Victoria is the heir, so she has a lot of pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom