The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 12:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

full video coverage
UR Samtiden - Svenska Akademiens högtidssammankomst 2013 - UR Play

Old 12-21-2013, 04:11 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagMil View Post
thank you soooo much for this link!!!! :) ive always wanted to see a clip from the ceremony, the photos always look so regal, and even though i dont understand Swedish i enjoyed watching parts of it very much....so thanks :)

Old 12-21-2013, 04:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Brockdorf View Post
thank you soooo much for this link!!!! :) ive always wanted to see a clip from the ceremony, the photos always look so regal, and even though i dont understand Swedish i enjoyed watching parts of it very much....so thanks :)
I also enjoyed it very much when I watched it live yesterday, I put it even on my digibox. It is fantastic to see a ceremony which is over 200 years old and hasn't hardly all changed.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Brockdorf View Post
You (like I) are no better of than Chris. The poor guy doesn't understand anything too but has to look at least not to bored.

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
You (like I) are no better of than Chris. The poor guy doesn't understand anything too but has to look at least not to bored.
haha yep, we can pause it and watch some thing else in between, the poor guy has to appear attentive from beginning to end
Old 12-22-2013, 04:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Short videos of the royal family arriving
Instagram photo by @edvardmunteanu (Edvard Munteanu) | Statigram
Instagram photo by @edvardmunteanu (Edvard Munteanu) | Statigram
Old 12-22-2013, 10:44 AM
Courtier

Any Christmas card this year?
Old 12-22-2013, 11:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
Any Christmas card this year?
The Royal Court doesn't publish Christmas cards. Last year I found one from the internet, someone had put a card received from the king and queen to the net. I haven't seen a card this year yet. Of course it would be great if they would publish a card...
The Royal Court has published a New Year Greeting with a new photo during the last years.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The Royal Court doesn't publish Christmas cards. Last year I found one from the internet, someone had put a card received from the king and queen to the net. I haven't seen a card this year yet. Of course it would be great if they would publish a card...
The Royal Court has published a New Year Greeting with a new photo during the last years.
Thank you!! I meant the New Year Greeting, it makes sense after Christmas Willing to see it!
Old 12-27-2013, 05:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Still a gallery from the Swedish Academy's formal gathering
Madeleine ja Victoria molemmat suosivat pitsiä Lehtikuva lehtikuva.fi
Old 12-27-2013, 08:48 AM
Heir Apparent

wonderful photos
Old 12-31-2013, 01:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

The swedish royal family were having lunch on Monday at the restaurant Chalêt Etoile in Cervinia.
- Victoria wasn't with them today when the family had lunch here. We were told that she was hurt, tells Caroline Frassy, who served to the royals.
Ulrika Näsholm told that Victoria is again with her family and everything is fine and this little accident doesn't change her holiday or official events.

The royal family is having a holiday together. They have eaten on two days at the restaurant Chalêt Etoile, which is 2 700 meters high and owns by the swedish-italian family Frassy.
- I served to the royal family today, there were the king, queen, Madeleine and Carl Philip. The day before Victoria and Daniel were also there. Without Estelle, we are so high up at the piste. But today she didn't come, we heard that she had had a skiing accident. The royals are very nice. An easy and sympathetic family, tells Caroline Frassy, the daughter of the owner family.
The restaurant is popular among international celebrities. Among the regulars are singer Peter Gabriel and flight tycoon Richard Branson.
- This is the first year the royal family is here. It is very nice and a big honour, says Ulla Frassy, born in Västerås, she has lived in Cervinia already 33 years and runs the restaurant with her husband Cesare and children Caroline and Kalle.
- The queen's brother Ralf is my good friend. I don't know if he has recommended our restaurant. Our speciality here is fish. And I am particularly known for my fish soup. But the royal family ate mostly pasta, she says.
Victorias dubbelresa - efter sin skidolycka Expressen
Translation

The photo at the article is old.
Old 12-31-2013, 04:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Royal Family wishes Happy New Year at the court Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
Old 12-31-2013, 05:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Estelle and Daniel on the slopes, photo from court Facebook "Princess Estelle's debut on the ski slopes".
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...80464157_n.jpg

Prinsesssan Estelles premiär i skidbacken Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation

Titta, Estelle gör skiddebut! Nyheter Aftonbladet
Old 12-31-2013, 06:01 AM
Commoner

Is Chris not on vacation with them?
Old 12-31-2013, 06:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by partymom74 View Post
Is Chris not on vacation with them?
So far the swedish press hasn't written that Chris (or Sofia) are with them. We will see, there will be more reports, I think.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

No offense but who cares about Chris when we have Estelle! Oh my word she is too cute!
Old 12-31-2013, 06:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Precious precious so sweet awww
Estelle is true star cuteness
Old 12-31-2013, 11:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

I'm glad that they published this photo of Estelle with Daniel, I was disappointed that there wasn't a new photo for the New Year greeting.
The family got only two peaceful days in Italy before they were discovered. Hopefully they can enjoy their holiday without being too much harrassed by the paparazzis.

En skadad prinsessa, ett kungatal och Estelle på vingliga ben Hovbloggen
Translation

According to this italian article, also Chris and Sofia are with the royal family in Italy.
La Stampa - Cervinia, infortunio sugli sci per la principessa di Svezia
Translation
Old 12-31-2013, 01:26 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Oh my...Too adorable and I adore her sunglasses!! BTW, has no one else picked up on Estelle's ski boots or more to the point, the colours of those ski boots? Very fitting for a little Swedish Princess. :)

Tags
crown princess victoria, king carl gustav, prince carl philip, prince daniel, princess christina mrs magnusson, queen silvia, princess madeleine