The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 03:54 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
Perhaps we should not assume that the press have all the correct details of all the stuff they print. I would assume the royal family, just like most other families that are made up of caring and loving adults, discuss and plan holidays ahead of time so everyone will know what will be happening. I seriously doubt anyones evening was "ruined" or that anyone "suddenly" makes decisions that will inconvenience other family members.
I fully agree with this!!! Journalists look for sensationalism. What could be reliable sources of information for statements on their private life.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

A HQ version of the New Year greeting photo, from court Facebook
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...64932851_o.jpg

Old 12-31-2012, 07:14 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
This is my favourite pic of this family
Old 12-31-2012, 08:10 AM
Courtier

I disagree. It would have been a better photo if they would have shown a little more colour. I mean, why all this dark suits and dark dresses? They're not in mourning. The only ones who show a little colour are Estelle and Madeleine. But even they can't give this photo a brighter touch.

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:27 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
That's a really lovely photo,many thanks for posting
Old 12-31-2012, 08:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post

I disagree. It would have been a better photo if they would have shown a little more colour. I mean, why all this dark suits and dark dresses? They're not in mourning. The only ones who show a little colour are Estelle and Madeleine. But even they can't give this photo a brighter touch.
I don't think so. I think it's really a lovely picture that shows all the happiness that runs in this beautiful family
Old 12-31-2012, 09:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Thanks for the picture dear LadyFinn! Estelle look very beautiful she has her father's eyes but same her mother childhood.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think that this is the best photo of the swedish royal family for a long, long time. And I like very much that they don't wear bright colours. Their outfits make the photo very harmonic.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:36 AM
Gentry

Estelle is the only one wearing a bright color. Such a lovely photo ♥
Old 12-31-2012, 12:00 PM
Courtier

I'm guessing this is the best picture of all that were taken -- especially since they selected one in which Estelle has her arms raised as if she's being held hostage
Old 12-31-2012, 02:06 PM
Serene Highness

But where is Chris?
Old 12-31-2012, 02:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
But where is Chris?
He isn't a member of the Royal Family yet. And it could well be that this photo has been taken before the engagement.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:53 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I think that this is the best photo of the swedish royal family for a long, long time. And I like very much that they don't wear bright colours. Their outfits make the photo very harmonic.
I couldn't agree more!
Old 01-02-2013, 09:25 AM
Serene Highness

I also looove the pic... nevertheless I was a bit surprised, that the King was not positionned in the middle, i.e. next to CP Victoria. I thought, that the most important person (i.e. the reigning King) is always positionned in the middle - also to show the closeness to the heiress and the future heiress.

Maybe cherry picking, but that´s what I immediately wondered, when looking at the pic.

What a pity, Estelle is not looking in the pic either, but maybe it already lasted too long for her

Bye Bine
Old 01-02-2013, 11:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

The press and information department of the court has chosen over 100 photos as "Highlights of the year 2012"
Årets höjdpunkter 2012 - Sveriges Kungahus
Old 01-02-2013, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
The press and information department of the court has chosen over 100 photos as "Highlights of the year 2012"
Årets höjdpunkter 2012 - Sveriges Kungahus
I really like the photo of the King talking to Queen Margrethe II,I wonder what he's telling her
Old 01-21-2013, 12:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

On Monday the King, Queen Silvia and Crown Princess Victoria will host the presentation of the royal foundations to invited guests under the motto "Good ideas for a better world."
VH assistans - Veronica på slottet - Mynewsdesk
Translation
Old 01-21-2013, 09:07 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

King Carl Gustaf, Queen Silvia, Crown Princess Victoria and Princess Christina at the seminar "Good ideas for a better world: a dialogue on the royal foundations" at the Royal Palace in Stockholm on January 21, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 **

** kungahuset.se: Seminarium om Kungliga stiftelser på Kungliga slottet ** translation **

** lehtikuva.fi gallery: Prinsessa Victoria ja vanhemmat hyvän tulevaisuuden seminaarissa **
Old 01-22-2013, 11:41 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
I don't think so. I think it's really a lovely picture that shows all the happiness that runs in this beautiful family
Agree with you hkittybaby
Old 01-22-2013, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

King Carl Gustaf, Queen Silvia, Crown Princess Victoria and Princess Christina at the seminar "Good ideas for a better world: a dialogue on the royal foundations" at the Royal Palace in Stockholm on January 21, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 **

** kungahuset.se: Seminarium om Kungliga stiftelser på Kungliga slottet ** translation **

** lehtikuva.fi gallery: Prinsessa Victoria ja vanhemmat hyvän tulevaisuuden seminaarissa **

Its really nice to see Princess Christina with the King,Queen and Crown Princess!

Tags
crown princess victoria, king carl gustav, prince carl philip, prince daniel, princess christina mrs magnusson, queen silvia, princess madeleine