The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 04:04 PM
Courtier

I am just happy to see Chris smiling. It can't be an easy transition to this sort of quasi-public life. I hope they have a very happy Christmas and smooth sailing to the wedding.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Se bilderna på kungafamilljen | Nyheter | Expressen | Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV

Old 12-20-2012, 08:01 PM
Courtier

BelgaPicture - Category details
Old 12-20-2012, 08:02 PM
Courtier

Madeleine's gown is the best in my opinion. love her faux fur coat
Old 12-20-2012, 08:03 PM
Courtier

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0yhoPfZ5Mv...ne-chris-2.jpg
Old 12-20-2012, 09:48 PM
Courtier

Love what I could see of Madeleine's gown. It looks purple. Are there any photos without the jacket?
Old 12-20-2012, 09:53 PM
Courtier

Madeleine's looking downright fantastic these days! She's always been a stunning woman but I so much prefer the softer brown hair and natural skin tone compared to the very blonde, very tanned look she had going on a couple of years ago.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria was the queen of the evening, lovely dress and a fantastic hairdo with the hair ornaments, and she looked so happy. She and Daniel are a couple with dignity. Carl Philip looked a little tired. It is a pity that there isn't much photos about the king and the queen. Just during the last years they have published more photos of this solemn event, which is always on 20th December.
http://blogg.svt.se/ebba/files/2012/12/vickandanne.png
http://blogg.svt.se/ebba/files/2012/...deakademin.png

Här gör Chris debut med kungafamiljen Nyheter Aftonbladet

Gallery
http://www.picturedesk.com/bild-disp...WthZGVtaWUiXX0

Johan T Lindwall writes in Expressen that the king had in fact decided that he, Queen Silvia, Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Prince Carl Philip would sit away from Madeleine and Chris O'Neill. It is a clear sign from the king's side to Chris O'Neill that he is about to become part of the family, but not really until the wedding next year. Instead, Chris and Madeleine sit next to Marshal of the Court, Mats Nilsson and First Lady of the Court, Kirstine von Blixen Finecke. Chris said that he felt great and that he was glad to be there with the rest of the royal family. Madeleine was translating the speeches to Chris.
Kungens markering när Chris debuterade Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation

http://bloggar.aftonbladet.se/hovblo....-19.44.59.png
Old 12-21-2012, 04:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

another gallery> Madeleine de Suède comblée : son fiancé Chris O'Neill vit son premier gala royal
Old 12-21-2012, 04:18 PM
Courtier

Chris looks much nicer when he smiles. Again - no smiles from the king.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:02 PM
Majesty

Video:
Swedish Academy formal gathering 2012
UR Play - UR Samtiden - Svenska Akademiens högtidssammankomst 2012 : Svenska Akademiens högtidssammankomst 2012

For copyright reasons the ceremong can only be viewed in Sweden. Which sucks because you can watch the 2011 ceremony.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Finnish MTV3 quotes Expressen: Madeleine suddenly changed her plans about her and Chris spending Christmas with the royal family. After celebrating the queen's birthday she and Chris will fly to England and spend Christmas with Chris' family. Bertil Ternert didn't commentto Expressen how the royal family will spend Christmas, he said that it is private.
Joulusuunnitelmiin muutos – Madeleine häipyy Ruotsista - MTV3.fi - Viihde - Uutiset

And Finnish Iltasanomat quotes same same story of Expressen by telling that Madeleine and Chris made their decision after they had heard that Victoria and Daniel will spend Christmas Eve with Daniel's family.
Madde ja Chris viettävät joulun sittenkin Englannissa! - Kuninkaalliset - Ilta-Sanomat
Old 12-22-2012, 10:06 AM
Majesty

That's what couples do, split their time with each families.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:07 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Another photogallery

Princessa Madeleine ja kihlattu Chris O'Neill kuninkaallisen perheen kanssa Ruotsin akatemian illallisilla | Lehtikuva | lehtikuva.fi
Old 12-22-2012, 11:18 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagMil View Post
It looked quite icy in those photo's above,I hope no one slipped!

Everyone looked very regal,did any of the King's sisters attend?
Old 12-26-2012, 10:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
That's what couples do, split their time with each families.

Maybe.

But you don't change your mind 'suddenly' and only because your big sister is spending the time with her in-laws. A bit too often sudden changes of mind both with Madeleine AND Chris. No good IMHO. In fact I am sorry for her parents whose plans for the evening/day will have been ruined.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

The royal family wishes everyone Happy New Year!
Gott nytt år! - Sveriges Kungahus

Photo taken at the Bernadotte apartments of the Royal Palace by Kate Gabor.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
Maybe.

But you don't change your mind 'suddenly' and only because your big sister is spending the time with her in-laws. A bit too often sudden changes of mind both with Madeleine AND Chris. No good IMHO. In fact I am sorry for her parents whose plans for the evening/day will have been ruined.
Perhaps we should not assume that the press have all the correct details of all the stuff they print. I would assume the royal family, just like most other families that are made up of caring and loving adults, discuss and plan holidays ahead of time so everyone will know what will be happening. I seriously doubt anyones evening was "ruined" or that anyone "suddenly" makes decisions that will inconvenience other family members.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The royal family wishes everyone Happy New Year!
Gott nytt år! - Sveriges Kungahus

Photo taken at the Bernadotte apartments of the Royal Palace by Kate Gabor.
Estelle is so darn cute! Her little arms and her expression in this photo are adorable.

Tags
crown princess victoria, king carl gustav, prince carl philip, prince daniel, princess christina mrs magnusson, queen silvia, princess madeleine