The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 03:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Silvia and crown princess Victoria are interviewed at the program "Året med kungafamiljen - The Year with the Royal Family" about the king´s scandal. Aftonbladet has a short clip from the program, which will be shown tonight at SVT. A big part of this year´s program handles the scandal and other problems of the royal family.
- It's been a very hard year. It makes a lot of pain when your parents are rewritten at the brusque way that actually has occurred, says Victoria.
Silvia says candidly how badly she had taken at the of all writings about her husband:
- There is a media drive if I get honest. Actually, I would not go into that. It is extremely hurtful. It is a situation when you are totally powerless. There is always someone else who has the final say. There are some who say "why don´t you deny all?". Yes, but you can not deny all every day. It's hard. Then it is not credible either. It then depends on the writings, if I may call them so, at what level they are. Should I go down to the same level to be able to comment on that?
Silvia tells about how difficult it has been forced to read headlines about herself during the year.
- Perhaps the journalists do not understand this what it means to be exposed that way. And the whole family of course. They have recently written that I am close to collapse, soon I will be depressed, soon I will have thoughts of suicide, I've hit the wall and so on. I see these headlines. I am disappointed and yes, I'm sorry. But what shall we say? It might have strengthened me.
Victoria says that the royal family has come closer together during the year:
- While I think back, it is also something that has strengthened us as a family.
”Det är oerhört sårande” | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Another video from SVT. Victoria says that she is very worried about the media climate nowadays, it has become tougher. She worries about how the media will handle her child. It is totally different nowadays than when she grew up. She is worried about the media not understanding their need to private life.
http://svtplay.se/v/2662141/rapport/..._medieklimatet

Old 12-29-2011, 04:24 AM
Majesty

It's very brave that they did this interview.I do feel sorry for them as they have to go about their days while all of this is happening.It's even harder since Victoria is having a baby and is supposed to be enjoying it.

Old 12-29-2011, 06:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

"The child will save the royal house"
Barnet ska rädda kungahuset - Sverige - www.gp.se
Google translation
Old 12-29-2011, 07:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Truly, I can appreciate CPrincess Victoria's concern over her yet unborn child's exposure to the invasive media.....
Old 12-29-2011, 11:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Truly, they are very very brave that they did the interview, after a year of silence. Must have been unbearably difficult and desperate to see and read all that articles.

I know that the interview is gonna be on air tonight at 20h.Does someone know when they gonna but on internet or does have live stream for watching!?!
Old 12-29-2011, 01:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

As far as I know, it won´t be a live program. But maybe we will see it tomorrow on SVT´s internet site.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
As far as I know, it won´t be a live program. But maybe we will see it tomorrow on SVT´s internet site.

Thanks.I was asking does SVT have online TV channel for watching in live
Hope they will put all interview on their site
Old 12-29-2011, 01:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Royal Family wishes everyone a Happy New Year - with a new family photo
Gott nytt år! - Sveriges Kungahus
Old 12-29-2011, 03:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

HERE is the SVT's documentary about Royal family in 2011

Året med kungafamiljen | SVT Play
Old 12-30-2011, 08:27 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
La Familia Real sueca nos felicita el Año Nuevo y recuerda el 2011 como un año difícil
La Familia Real sueca nos felicita el Año Nuevo y recuerda el 2011 como un año difícil

Google Google Translate
Old 12-31-2011, 12:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

A book that accused Sweden's King Carl XVI Gustaf of visiting strip clubs and media reports claiming the queen was on the verge of a nervous breakdown made 2011 a very tough year, the royal family said in a documentary being shown on national television Thursday.
The Associated Press: Swedish royals: It's been a tough year
Old 01-04-2012, 02:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Aftonbladet has listed the working days and duties of the royal family last year

King Carl XVI Gustaf: 228
Queen Silvia: 174
Crown Princess Victoria: 143
Prince Daniel: 106
Princess Madeleine: 45
Prince Carl Philip: 44.
From the court's official calendar. During the project trips all days were counted.

The court requires that Madeleine and Carl Philip will work more
Carl Philip and Madeleine had just over 40 official mission last year.
- They will have to take the crown princess's place more in 2012, says Bertil Ternert.

Carl Philip´s and Madeleine's official schedule for 2011 was anything but burdensome. At its peak, Carl Philip had ten royal duties in a month and Madeleine eight. But mostly, it has been about three or four commitments, and some months, they have not had to represent Sweden at all.

Madeleine didn´t attend some program items, including the Nobel banquet. Instead, she spent time in New York where she works for the Childhood Foundation.
Each trip she made ​​for the charity foundation has been marked in the court's public calendar on the website, although the Foundation is an independent organization.

According to the court's press officer Bertil Ternert both Carl Philip and Madeleine are expected to step in and take several assignments for the court when Crown Princess Victoria has her baby.
- It is natural that it will be the prince who will do more business here in Sweden, said Ternert.

In January, Carl Philip has four duties and Victoria has one - at the Astrid Lindgren Children's Hospital.
Madeleine will continue to live in New York.
- She will be responsible for much of Sweden's representation there, but also has several missions here at home in Sweden, said Ternert.
Hovet kräver: jobba hårdare | Nyheter | Aftonbladet
Old 01-06-2012, 06:30 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Sorry but I dont fall for their whining. I think that tax-funded representatives of the state have to deal with this kind of pressure, even more so since most of it was self-inflicted, such as the sex scandal of the King or the Nazi past of Silvia's father.

IF the royal house had handeled these issues properly with the media and not in the incompetent way they did, some hurtful occasions could have been avoided.

Its so boring these days, whereever you look, so many "public" persons are complaining about the bad, bad media as soon as the coverage isnt to their own liking. They feel untouchable and are stunned that the media dare writing unpleasant things about them. Get over it. Because very soon, with the arrival of Victoria's baby, the media will be highly welcomed to provide all the sugary pictures and fairy tale comments about the happy SRF.

Which is fine, but this cannot be the one way street they would like to have.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:27 AM
Majesty

I am not suprised at all that Carl Philip and Madeleine did not to a lot of duties in 2011.Though of course,it has not been an easy year for them.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria, Daniel and Carl Philip met the Junior Hockey World Champions. The young champions gave Victoria a tiny team shirt for the little one:
Guldhjältarnas kupp: Gav Kronprinsessan minilandslagströja | Juniorhockey | Landslag | Hockey | Sportbladet | Aftonbladet
Photo
http://gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se/image/14178808/800/normal/191e471b6752f/dwSCAN1500.jpg

Guldhjältarnas gåva till kungliga babyn - HockeyExpressen
Google Translation

A photo from the court´s Facebook:
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...78442896_n.jpg
Kronprinsessparet och Prins Carl Philip mötte juniorvärldsmästarna i ishockey - Sveriges Kungahus
Old 01-07-2012, 02:00 PM
Majesty

That shirt is so cute!
Old 01-07-2012, 07:27 PM
Heir Apparent

If we see the baby with the shirt?!?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:01 PM
Commoner

The Shirt is sooooo cute and Victorias smile is sooo beautyful!!I can not wait to hear the news that the Baby is there....;-)
Old 01-08-2012, 02:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Awww...That shirt is beyond cute.

Congratulations to our Swedish members on their World Jr Champions!!

I watched the game Thursday night and WOW!!! That is going to go down as one of *the* Classic Gold Medal Games in the history of the Championships. Just what an awesome game and everything a Championship game should be.

Oh and as a huge Figure Skating fan, I never thought I'd ever see a hockey player jump so high that he/she nearly cleared the glass on the corners. That lad who scored your Golden Goal came awfully close to it the other night though. :oD

Congratulations on your first Gold Medal at the Jrs in 31 years!! :o)
Old 01-08-2012, 03:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

More photos, also Carl Philip in one photo
Victoria sai esikoiselleen Ruotsin pelipaidan | Lehtikuva | lehtikuva.fi

Closed Thread

Tags
crown princess victoria, king carl gustav, prince carl philip, prince daniel, princess christina mrs magnusson, queen silvia, princess madeleine