Swedish Royal Family, Current Events Part 5: February 2008 - December 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Her_Majesty

Moderator Emeritus
City
Munich
Country
Germany
sverige.jpg

Welcome to part 5 of the threads devoted to the current events of the Royal House and Family of Sweden!

While posting, please, don't forget our Posting Rules & Guidlines, specifically:

* All images and articles must have a source attributed to it (and don't forget the list of Photo agencies, you can't post pictures from).
* All images must be hosted via private hosting account (e.g. Photobucket or Imageshack).
* When posting article, post only 20% of the content. Post the link to the rest of the article
* Do not post solely the link but add a few words, which will explain the nature of the posted article
* Stay on topic, otherwise posts will be deleted.
* Be respectful and HAVE FUN!

The old thread can be found here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Expressen has a story about Daniel´s absence from the Kreuger wedding:
Därför nobbade Daniel bröllopet/That´s why Daniel didn´t come to the wedding
Expressen tells that because Victoria refused to comment Daniel´s absence from the wedding, there were speculations about if the relationship is on a crisis. Expressen can now tell that this is all wrong.
A source tells: Daniel would have wanted to be at the wedding, he has been a good friend of Lotta and Toffe for a long time. But the wedding was at the same time than another thing Daniel had planned for a long time.
Daniel Westling has not forgotten his roots in Ockelbo, he spends still time with a lot of friends he grew up with.
The source tells: That´s a gang who have known eachother from childhood and they gather together sometimes. Now they had a skiing trip planned for a long time, and that was impossible to change the plans.

It has also been speculations that the absence of Daniel was a tactical thing from the court, to make him more interesting before the wedding.
The source tells: That´s ridiculous, so wrong information. He just couldn´t come to wedding, it´s so simple as that. Why would the court want to hide him?
Daniel Westling sent his congratulations to the bride and the groom via Victoria.
Another source says: They knew that he couldn´t come and they had no problem with that.
The court will not comment about why Daniel wasn´t at the wedding.
- We work with the royal family, not with Daniel Westling, says Nina Eldh, the Director of the Information and Press Department of the court.

Pics 28.3.2008

Swedish King Carl XVI Gustaf, Queen Silvia, Princess Madeleine and
Prince Carl Philip arrive at the Royal Opera house in Stockholm,
Sweden, March 28, 2008, to watch the premiere of the ballet
"King Gustaf III".

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

I just saw Madeleine's dress in this week's OK! magazine. Worn by Paris Hilton. :lol:

That's shocking :D In Germany you would say:
There are worlds between these two..;)
Here are some additional pics from yesterday I've found a minute ago:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

ruthieviews

I too think Princess Madeleine looks very elegant. As for Paris Hilton..ZZzzzz, who cares. One question, does Queen Sylvia seek fashion advice from her daughters? Perhaps she might. She is very beautiful, but sometimes her clothes reflect the 60's and 70's. Maybe they are her favorites, or she feels more comfortable in those styles.

My humble opinion, Madeleine being a blond would have looked better in a blue color, love the dress though and neutral stockings.

There are worlds between these two..;)

Yes, the one is working a lot more ;)

If Miss Hilton would have had more "support" in the...er...chest area, the dress would have looked better at her than at Madeleine. At the latter one...it has a touch of "pregnancy fashion"

IMO the Queen was underdressed with her costume...

Swedish King Carl XVI Gustaf, Queen Silvia, Princess Madeleine and
Prince Carl Philip arrive at the Royal Opera house in Stockholm,
Sweden, March 28, 2008, to watch the premiere of the ballet
"King Gustaf III".

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Where was CP Victoria?

CP Victoria is in Abu Dhabi and UAE with the official visit.

King Carl Gustaf and crown princess Victoria visited an eko park in Färna today
Video/Svt

Nice to see that Sigvards only surviving sibling, Prince Carl-Johan, was there too with his wife Gunilla. He seems to be in remarkable good health! Was Prince Sigvards son Michael there too by the way? And what about his widow, Countess Marianne?

Last edited:
Royal Family attended the Princess Madeleine's 26 year birthday celebrations at Restaurant Wedholms in Stockholm June 10 2008. Daniel Westling was present too.

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Madelaine's 31st? I gather ANP made a slight mistake there... ;)

Thanks for showing all the pictures from Sofiero, they look both very nice!

Prinses Madeleine is 26 years and prinses Victoria become 31 on 14 july!!

I must say that Jonas is very handsome and IMO bears somewhat of a resemblance to Prince Felipe. He could easily pass as his brother.

Ouch, Greece lost.

Jenny Alexandersson:
It's so obvious it's all about football in Sweden right now. Yesterday I heard excited roars from my neighbours when the Swedish team scored against Greece. And I met a lot of football supporters wearing blue and yellow t-shirts this morning. A late night I guess...

Crown princess Victoria's boyfriend Daniel Westling and Madeleine's boyfriend Jonas Bergström didn't want to miss the match either. Madeleine turned 26 last night and celebrated her birthday with a dinner at Wedholms fisk together with mum and dad, Victoria, Daniel, Jonas, Carl Philip, Emma and Patrick Sommerlath. Her boyfriend and Daniel left the restaurant early to watch the game at Jonas place in Hovstallet. Prince Carl Philip and girlfriend Emma left shortly after. Daniel and Jonas looked very excited and happy when they left. I smiled when I saw the pictures in Expressen this morning. The king looked a bit grumpy leaving the restaurant at 21.30. Maybe he rather wanted to see the game than having family dinner...?

Is Patrick Sommerlath one of their first cousins?

Yes, Crown Princess Victoria and Princess Madeleine attend at Sofiero and Prince Sigvards design. His widow Marianne Bernadotte was attend at Sofiero. She is widow at Prince Sigvard Bernadotte. Prince Sigvards son Michael and grandchildren Kajsa was attend at Sofiero. Prince Carl Johan is 91 now and his wife Gunnila is 85 now. It is relatives only siblings is Prince Carl Johan Bernadotte and his wife Gunnila. Sister-in-law is Princess Marianne Bernadotte. Sister-in-law is Princess Lilian but she is 92 now and high age. She is love relatives at royal family and Prince Carl Johan, Gunnilla, Marianne Bernadotte. It is alive royal relatives is oldest Princess Lilian and Count Carl Johan and his wife Gunnila, Princess Marianne Bernadotte in family Bernadotte.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom