Swedish Royal Family, Current Events Part 5: February 2008 - December 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love seeing photos of the king with his children during engagements. They seem to be a very close family (my opinion only-just based on photos), and it is nice to see him spending time with his children individually.

Princess Madeleine is having an affair with Luis Medina, spanish aristrocrat and son of Nati Abascal, wife of the Duke of Feria. See the HOLA magazine of this week.

What is this article about???? any pics or something???

???
This is the wrong topic anyway, but when you post something like this, you really could be more precise about the article you mention, frank22. What exactly is its content, and the sources, please?
As far as I know, Princess Madeleine is still in her relationship with long term boyfriend Jonas Bergstrom.

Madeleine was past weekend at the christening of Jonas niece...(photos in Svensk Damtidning)
So I´d say the love affair with a Medina brother, we can pretty much exclude...

[FONT=verdana, arial]Madeleine had gotten a tour with sailing ship "Gerda" from her duchies for her birthday today. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]The whole Royal family, Jonas Bergström and Madeleine´s closest friends (Emma Pernald included) were present. [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]Daniel Westling is still recovering at home. [/FONT]

Grattis, Madeleine! - Nyheter - Expressen.se (check "Bildspecial" on the right for more pix)

Last edited by a moderator:
LadyFinn, thanks for the information and link.

Great to see the sisters together on country-trip (half official/half private).

More pics from belga:

Crown Princess Victoria and Princess Madeleine of Sweden today
made a visit to the summer farmsteads in county Gavleborg.
Princess Madeleine is the Duchess of provinces Halsingland and
Gastrikland where Gavleborg is situated, June 15, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

Pics 17.6.2009

Crown Princess Victoria and King Carl Gustaf of Sweden today
received Prince Turki Al-Faisal Bin Abdul Al-Aziz Al-Saud of
Saudi Arabia, at the Royal Palace, Stockholm, June 17, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga **

King Carl XVI Gustaf, Queen Silvia, Crown Princess Victoria and
Prince Carl Philip of Sweden today hosted a Garden Party at the
Royal Palace in Stockholm, in honour of the Volvo Ocean Race,
June 17 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** belga **

Last edited:
Is there any chance to know what the reception of Prince Turki bin Faisal Al Saud was about? I know he used to be the ambassador to the United Kingdom and later to the United States, but as far as I know, he left the diplomatic career in 2006. Is it possible he is/will be appointed ambassador to Sweden?

I positively loath the crème suit Victoria wore for the reception of Prince Turki Al-Faisal Bin Abdul Al-Aziz Al-Saud of Saudi Arabia; it makes her look at least a decade older.
The white pant suit she wore at the Garden Party was beautiful though, especially the top.

Thank you for the great pictures, iceflower! You really do spoil us with daily supply of most magnificent photos. :flowers:

You are most welcome as always, Marsel77 :) I've tried
to find out in what kind of function Prince Turki bin Faisal
has made that visit, but unfortunately I wasn't able to
find any information..

Here are a few additional pics of the garden party with less
centred watermarks:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Madeleine is really gorgeous!!!

The royal family has arrived to Öland and Solliden.
Här slipper Daniel allvaret - på Alvaret -| Expressen
Until now, Daniel Westling hasn´t had permission to leave Stockholm. After his kidney transplant, he has had to be no longer than 30 minutes drive from the Hospital, if complications arise. But early yesterday morning Victoria and Daniel drove to Öland.
Queen Silvia was there to welcome them. Princess Madeleine had arrived a few hours earlier. In the evening it was time for a walk at Solliden. Victoria and Madeleine talked eagerly. Soon after came Daniel. Since his kidney operation, he has slowly started to train again. During the hour-long walk he walked with Victoria and Madeleine. But the few times he had to stop and rest.

THank you for the link, LadyFinn :flowers:

Typical Lindwall article...one could think he belongs to the family :rolleyes:;)
Who is the woman next to Daniel? A bodyguard?

Ok, I think the woman is Silvia...in a very un-silvia-ish outfit.

More pix from the walk at Alvaret
Expressen

The presidental couple of South Korea was paying a visit to Solliden.
The Monarch couple, Crown princess + Daniel and Madeleine were present.
ANP Beeldbank

Since the kidney transplantation I haven´t seen any pic of closeness between Victoria&Daniel and this serie is no exception. Just an personal observation of course...

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some more pics from today:

The Swedish royal family welcomes South Korea's president
Lee Myung-bak and his wife Kim Yoon-ok at Sollidens castle,
12 July, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

Ok, I think the woman is Silvia...in a very un-silvia-ish outfit.

More pix from the walk at Alvaret
Expressen

I really enjoyed seeing the photo of Daniel walking with Queen Silvia. They look like they were having a very nice conversation, and they look like they have a close relationship.

I always like seeing Madeleine and Victoria together. They seem like they are best friends, and these photos are really nice. It looks like everyone was happy to be together.

Thank u!!

I have good hope that Daniel will atten Victoria's birthday tomorrow! maybe not all the celebrations but maybe a part of it!

Johan T Lindwall writes:
"Here is Daniel Westling´s debut as a statesman"
Här gör Daniel Westling debut som statsman | Expressen
According to Expressen´s knowledge, Daniel´s presence at the lunch with the South Korean president was decided at the last minute. The decision was made after consultation with the king. Lindwall writes that the king could have stopped his appearance, but he gave his approval. It is clear that the king is now proud to Sweden's future prince. After taking the official group photo Daniel went with the president into the palace. They talked eagerly and President Lee Myung-Bak laughed many times, and Victoria smiled proudly.

Lots of photos from yesterday:
Barometern -Victoriafeber väntas på Öland

So I know he was at the event listed above in expressen, and at Victoria Day celebrations - has Daniel been to other public events yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom