The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 11:30 AM
Serene Highness

I am hearing that prince carl philip and princess Madeleine spend they holiday in Mauritius!

Are the royal couple on the island Mauritius, too?

Old 11-04-2008, 11:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Pics of Madeleine and Carl Philip on Mauritius.
http://www.bunte.de/adel/adel-freizeit_did_3226.html
I guess your source was Bunte or Facetoface also, Johanna (?)
So one can┤t say, if the Royal couple or Victoria&Daniel were also there.

It seems "uncle" Tord Magnusson was with them. He is consul general for Mauritius

Old 11-06-2008, 11:16 PM
Gentry

I was very surprised to see Jonas Bergstrom's grey hair. How long do you think they will have to wait before they can marry? At this rate, they will need assistance to get down the aisle.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Hola/EL ASUETO DE MAGDALENA Y CARLOS FELIPE DE SUECIA EN ISLA MAURICIO

Some photos from Mauritius
Barcroftmedia
Barcroftmedia
Old 11-18-2008, 11:07 AM
Royal Highness

Pics from Mauritius (Diezminutos):
Magdalena Suecia Isla Mauricio - MonarquÝas - Familia Real - Familia Real - Diez Minutos
Old 12-17-2008, 03:00 AM
Serene Highness

No official christmas-card or press meeting of the Swedish royal family on christmas time?

Other royal families do that!
Old 12-17-2008, 08:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursulajohanna View Post
No official christmas-card or press meeting of the Swedish royal family on christmas time?

Other royal families do that!
Other Royal families have
I am sure Christmas photoshootings would be done again, as soon as mini Royals would be around in Sweden.

They still have Christmas cards, but as it seems they are "private"

As I get it, the Christmas family shooting got replaced by the whole family being present at the Nobel Prize Awards. Depressing, I know Then again spinster & siblings being photographed with Mamma & Pappa is maybe not the thing, ppl wanna see...
Old 12-18-2008, 08:52 PM
Nobility

I would like the see the little Victoria and little Carl Philip and the sweet baby sister Madeleine pictured with Mamma and Pappa....
Whatever comes, she said, cannot alter one thing. If I am a princess in rags and tatters, I can be a princess inside. It would be easy to be a princess if I were dressed in cloth of gold, but it is a great deal more of a triumpf to be one all the time when no one knows it. (F.Hogdson Burnett)
Old 12-22-2008, 07:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Crown princess Victoria and prince Carl Philip were doing some Christmas shopping last Friday:
Aftonbladet/Kungabarnen julhandlade igňr
They came out from a store with a translucent Sony Bag and the technology expert of Aftonbladet thinks that they bought Sony's portable speakers.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:18 AM
Serene Highness

Happy New Year to all!

Where did the royal family spend the New Year!
Old 01-03-2009, 07:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursulajohanna View Post
Happy New Year to all!

Where did the royal family spend the New Year!
Happy New Year to you too

The king and queen in Thailand. Victoria and Daniel at a "secret place" (which probably would get revealed in the next edition of Svensk Damtidning) No infos on Madeleine and Carl Philip so far.

Video link to the year with the Royal family 2008. An anual programme on state TV.
http://www.svt.se/svt/road/Classic/shared/mediacenter/player.jsp?a=1360033&d=92309
The programme used to be better before IMO.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:50 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena View Post

Video link to the year with the Royal family 2008. An anual programme on state TV.
http://www.svt.se/svt/road/Classic/shared/mediacenter/player.jsp?a=1360033&d=92309
The programme used to be better before IMO.
I really have to agree with you. The programme was much better in the last few years. Nothing about the Olympics?? I can't understand this.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

The programme of the Royal Family 2008 was a big disappointment for me. During the years, I have enjoyed this programme very much, but it┤s quality is not as good anymore as it did before.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvia❦CarlGustaf View Post
I really have to agree with you. The programme was much better in the last few years. Nothing about the Olympics?? I can't understand this.
Yes, now as you say it.
There also was nothing on Victoria┤s trip to India or the one of the Queen and Madeleine to Brazil. The parts, they have filled with interviews to the norwegian "Royalty expert", they should have filled with more material and I┤d wish the court would be more cooperative and would provide more exclusive material as in earlier years. The versions from the 90ties, which are also uploaded on the page are really quite different.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:57 PM
Aristocracy

This was the first edition of the program with its new team and host. SVT had some info last year about the new people and some changes they wanted to make, including making more material available at their site, SVT Play. I have really enjoyed the online resources, but the "real" program was perhaps not as good as it could have been.
The former host, Agneta Bolme B÷rjefors, died in 2008 from cancer. She had been working close to the RF for years and had a personal and professional contact with the RF no newbie can compete with. I think that this shows in the interviews.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, the lack of Agneta shows.
I guess the Royalty expert was meant as addition to the young unexerpienced moderator...a not very smart plan.
Unfortunately the Royal house self seems torn...do we want publicity or do we don┤t want it...as it could highlight the fact, that our children are still unmarried and without kids...and as Royals talking can also mean "slips" as e.g. the one, which had caused Brunai-gate.
That┤s probably why the Royal family seems more and more reserved year by year.

I am liking SVT play related to the Royal house. Esp. the older things...but on the one hand it makes the annual programme less interesting and somehow Royals seem more impressive and regal in pictures in opposite to videos
Old 01-23-2009, 02:26 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 22.1.2009

King Carl XVI Gustaf, Queen Silvia, Crown Princess Victoria,
Princess Madeleine, Prince Carl Philip of Sweden received
representatives from the diplomatic corps, trade and industry,
and the Swedish Government, at the first official dinner of
the year, at the Royal Palace, Stockholm, January 22, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

**Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **
Old 02-20-2009, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator

Pics 19.2.2009

Princess Madeleine and her mother Queen Silvia of Sweden
visited the restaurant Teatergrillen in Stockholm, Sweden,
February 19, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 02-20-2009, 09:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Madeleine and queen Silvia were at Teatergrillen with Madeleine┤s friend Louise "Lussan" Gottlieb and her mother Carola.
Expressen/Prinsessan ÷verraskade mamma Silvia
Old 02-26-2009, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

Pics 26.2.2009

King Carl XI Gustaf and Prince Carl Philip ( who studies at the
Alnarp university) at the inauguration of an agriculture and
gardening conference at the University of Agricultural Sciences
in Alnarp, Sweden, February 26, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Tags
bernadotte, carl gustav, carl philip, crown princess victoria, current events, king carl xvi gustav, lilian, prince carl philip, princess birgitta, princess christina mrs magnusson, princess desiree, princess lilian, princess margaretha mrs ambler, queen silvia, silvia, swedish royal family, princess madeleine