Swedish Royal Family, Current Events Part 5: February 2008 - December 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the pics, giov.
I must say in all series out of the past 2...if not even 5 years, there was z-e-r-o chemistry between Emma and CP visible to me. They seem like buddies. Period. Even more she seems to be a buddy of Madeleine and she seems to have a special place in the hearts of the Royal couple...I might be wrong, but IMO those are the main reasons, why she is still on his side...

Last edited:
Crown Princess Victoria stands next to Prince Salman bin Abdul Aziz al-Saud of Saudi Arabia during an audience with Swedish King Carl Gustaf at the Royal Palace in Stockholm on June 28, 2008. Prince Salman, the governor of Riyadh, is in Sweden for a three-day official visit to the Swedish capital invited by the governor of Stockholm.
Daylife
Prince Salman bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud (2-L) of Saudi Arabia, and King Carl Gustaf of Sweden pose for photographers during an audience at the Royal Palace in Stockholm
Daylife

More photos of the King, crown princess and prince Salman
Agencia Prisma - Vista del Principe Salaman en Stockholm

Last edited:
The Royal Family was sailing with the Brig Tre Kronor on Tuesday.
Ölandsbladet/Victoria tog med sig familjen på en seglats med Tre Kronor
King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia were there, as did crown princess Victoria, princess Madeleine and Jonas Bergström. Daniel Westling and Emma Pernald weren´t with them.

Jenny Alexandersson writes about the sailing trip in Svensk Damtidning. She tells that Daniel Westling couldn´t follow the rest of the Royal Family, because there was a TV-group filming the royal family at the sail. The King doesn´t like that Victoria and Daniel are photographed together before they are engaged and both Victoria and Daniel are embarrassed with the engagement rumours and they try to avoid the press and the photographers every time when they are together.
Svensk Damtidning/Daniel fick inte följa med på båtturen

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, and now the result is, that Expressen (reaching a lot more ppl than SDT) had an big article about the king not liking Daniel (only in one sentence, Johan T. had mentioned, that it could be, that Victoria´s special position played a role)...once again! :bang:
I´ve always said, that I am not believing, that the king is the problem...but slowly...(?) There are many more pics of the king with Jonas.
It would have been so much better not to invite Jonas.
Or...but I am well aware, that not all are sharing my opinion...to invite Daniel and Emma as well...or better said to encourage Daniel to come.
Surely Royals should follow protocol...but for heavens sake...we all know, that V&D are an item...this is not 2003, but 2008...and this was a private tour...and if V&D would finally...finally...did I already say finally (?!) get engaged in autumn/winter/spring 08/09, it would be 568184810881 times better to give the impression, that Daniel isn´t like vermin to the king...and that he had just given his ok, because he hadn´t seen any chance for an other choice. :bang:

Yes, this was a private trip, but there was a TV-group at the brig. Maybe they were filming the royal family to the program telling about the year of the Royal Family. I also think that it was unwise to invite Jonas. I would like to see the King take more notice to the feelings of Victoria, she deserves to get married with the man she loves, and the man is Daniel.

it's really strange that Daniel wasn't there! maybe there's another reason!! I hope so!!*

but do you think Victoria could give up the throne and choose love instead of her destiny of being a crown princess??? I hope not because she would be an amazing queen!

Yes, this was a private trip, but there was a TV-group at the brig. Maybe they were filming the royal family to the program telling about the year of the Royal Family.
Yes, possible. But then Jonas shouldn´t have been there either (what we actually agree on anyway...)
Actually I was hoping, that they would be enganged until January, when the programme would be broadcasted...or at least some weeks later...but I guess I should prepare again for the worst. :bang:

it's really strange that Daniel wasn't there! maybe there's another reason!! I hope so!!*
Maybe...but there seem to be many coincidences. It´s a bit as with Mary&Letizia...hardly ever meeting...no pix of them chatting together...

but do you think Victoria could give up the throne and choose love instead of her destiny of being a crown princess??? I hope not because she would be an amazing queen!
She could...but IMO it would ruin her relationship in the end. This is no Wallis Simpson situation...A person like Daniel wouldn´t be a "novelty"...there is actually nothing speaking against him as person.
And out of Daniel´s view...marrying a crown princess doesn´t mean to get tortured with hot needles daily...they could get a low profile for him. If she would refuse the throne, this also wouldn´t mean to be out of the limelight completely. No, I don´t think giving up the throne is an option. It would need more backbone to do that than to get the Westling fish into the wedding boat.

When did the sailing ship "Tre Kroner" arrived Stockholm (sailing from Borgholm) which the royal family?
Which time did the ship sailing the long way? Do you see pics of the arrival?

Maybe...but there seem to be many coincidences. It´s a bit as with Mary&Letizia...hardly ever meeting...no pix of them chatting together...

Sorry Lena...I'm a bit confused by this reference to Mary and Letizia. What did you mean?

the sailing trip with the "Tre Kroner" was obviously a official engagement. On the website of the royal court i is mentioned on the latest news. I think it is a bit strange that Jonas accompanied the royal family to this event.

The trip was a private engagement. It was a present to crown princess birthday!

Silvia❦CarlGustaf;803366 said:
the sailing trip with the "Tre Kroner" was obviously a official engagement. On the website of the royal court i is mentioned on the latest news. I think it is a bit strange that Jonas accompanied the royal family to this event.

The trip was a private engagement. It was a present to crown princess birthday!

what makes it even more strange that Daniel wasn't around. I am only adding my name to the list of people who think it was not appropriate to have Jonas visibly around but not Daniel.

My number one on the list "royal relationships annoyingly not going anywhere" are still Albert and Charlene but Victoria and Daniel are coming close. I wonder what is going on and who the hesitating part is here. Is it the King? The Queen? Both? Maybe Daniel doesn't want to get married? Victoria would well be in the position now to tell her parents that she'll marry him and ask them to move on in case they don't like him.

The worst about Charlene&Albie, Victoria&Daniel and William&waity is that one gets a feeling, things would go and on and on and on like this...not just for them, but also for the next generation. "Divorco-phoby" (with good cause) resulting in eternal hesitation :bang:

Last edited by a moderator:
The worst about Charlene&Albie, Victoria&Daniel and William&waity is that one gets a feeling, things would go and on and on and on like this...not just for them, but also for the next generation. "Divorco-phoby" (with good cause) resulting in eternal hesitation :bang:

I agree about William panicing about divorce and Albert certainly has his quirks but Victoria? Picture-perfect family etc ... no reason to suffer from a trauma like the other two!

I agree about William panicing about divorce and Albert certainly has his quirks but Victoria? Picture-perfect family etc ... no reason to suffer from a trauma like the other two!

Well, we don´t know for sure how the king´s and queen´s marriage really is (IMO it looks quite stable & happy though)
But it might also be, that she is thinking, that her parents simply were lucky...as the stories around her wouldn´t speak for "happy lasting marriages"
She had seen Royal marriages "crashing" (among them two of her aunts...who had stayed married, but practically their marriages were over) So many of the king´s friends got divorced and already the first couples among her friends got divorced. That´s a vicious circle...she is waiting and in the meanwhile her friends, who didn´t wait, divorce. How should she be keen on going into marriage...esp. since she can´t know, how Daniel would cope with "losing" his gyms or at least with losing a "driving role" in them...

I don't know if this is the right place to ask these two questions.
1. Who in the Swedish royal house hunts? (including HM's sister's children)
2. How religious are the Swedish royals? and do they practice it?

Lately, I can't help thinking all the time what a wonderful Crowprincess Sweden has! I think Victoria's style has even improved and you can see on photos that she must be such a warm-hearted person that is genuinely interested in what people tell her. I think she is the best possible queen material. :queen4:

Victoria looked great in Uppsala - except for the hat witch i hate!

I found an article about a documentary an the german TV-channel Eins Extra. There will be a documentary about geman royalty with the name "HerrschaftsZeiten-Adel in Deutschland" on saturday, 15. November 2008. It's about the old geman royalty but also about King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia.
For those who are interessted, here is the link:

Digital TV: Eins Extra über Adel in Deutschland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom