The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 06:40 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Nice to see that Sigvards only surviving sibling, Prince Carl-Johan, was there too with his wife Gunilla. He seems to be in remarkable good health! Was Prince Sigvards son Michael there too by the way? And what about his widow, Countess Marianne?

Old 06-11-2008, 06:20 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Royal Family attended the Princess Madeleine's 26 year birthday celebrations at Restaurant Wedholms in Stockholm June 10 2008. Daniel Westling was present too.

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Old 06-11-2008, 07:28 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Madelaine's 31st? I gather ANP made a slight mistake there...
Old 06-11-2008, 08:32 AM
Nobility

Thanks for showing all the pictures from Sofiero, they look both very nice!
Old 06-11-2008, 08:34 AM
Nobility

Prinses Madeleine is 26 years and prinses Victoria become 31 on 14 july!!
Old 06-11-2008, 11:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

According to the papers, Daniel and Jonas left Madeleine´s birthday party early to see the fotball game between Sweden and Greece.
Expressen/Smet från födelsedagskalaset
Expressen photos
Old 06-11-2008, 10:34 PM
Nobility

I must say that Jonas is very handsome and IMO bears somewhat of a resemblance to Prince Felipe. He could easily pass as his brother.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:36 AM
Gentry

Ouch, Greece lost.

Jenny Alexandersson:
It's so obvious it's all about football in Sweden right now. Yesterday I heard excited roars from my neighbours when the Swedish team scored against Greece. And I met a lot of football supporters wearing blue and yellow t-shirts this morning. A late night I guess...

Crown princess Victoria's boyfriend Daniel Westling and Madeleine's boyfriend Jonas Bergström didn't want to miss the match either. Madeleine turned 26 last night and celebrated her birthday with a dinner at Wedholms fisk together with mum and dad, Victoria, Daniel, Jonas, Carl Philip, Emma and Patrick Sommerlath. Her boyfriend and Daniel left the restaurant early to watch the game at Jonas place in Hovstallet. Prince Carl Philip and girlfriend Emma left shortly after. Daniel and Jonas looked very excited and happy when they left. I smiled when I saw the pictures in Expressen this morning. The king looked a bit grumpy leaving the restaurant at 21.30. Maybe he rather wanted to see the game than having family dinner...?

Is Patrick Sommerlath one of their first cousins?
Old 06-12-2008, 02:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Stararticle/Sweden´s Princess Madeleine´s boyfriend left her birthday meal early
Old 06-13-2008, 08:59 AM
Nobility

Yes, Crown Princess Victoria and Princess Madeleine attend at Sofiero and Prince Sigvards design. His widow Marianne Bernadotte was attend at Sofiero. She is widow at Prince Sigvard Bernadotte. Prince Sigvards son Michael and grandchildren Kajsa was attend at Sofiero. Prince Carl Johan is 91 now and his wife Gunnila is 85 now. It is relatives only siblings is Prince Carl Johan Bernadotte and his wife Gunnila. Sister-in-law is Princess Marianne Bernadotte. Sister-in-law is Princess Lilian but she is 92 now and high age. She is love relatives at royal family and Prince Carl Johan, Gunnilla, Marianne Bernadotte. It is alive royal relatives is oldest Princess Lilian and Count Carl Johan and his wife Gunnila, Princess Marianne Bernadotte in family Bernadotte.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Pics of the Royal family in Saint Tropez, June 21 2008.
Picture details
Picture details
Picture details
Picture details
Picture details
Picture details
Picture details
Picture details
Picture details
Old 06-22-2008, 01:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the pics, giov.
I must say in all series out of the past 2...if not even 5 years, there was z-e-r-o chemistry between Emma and CP visible to me. They seem like buddies. Period. Even more she seems to be a buddy of Madeleine and she seems to have a special place in the hearts of the Royal couple...I might be wrong, but IMO those are the main reasons, why she is still on his side...
Old 06-24-2008, 07:50 AM
Royal Highness

Pictures from BUNTE: Royal-Urlaub mit viel Gefühl - Bilder - BUNTE
Old 06-28-2008, 01:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Crown Princess Victoria stands next to Prince Salman bin Abdul Aziz al-Saud of Saudi Arabia during an audience with Swedish King Carl Gustaf at the Royal Palace in Stockholm on June 28, 2008. Prince Salman, the governor of Riyadh, is in Sweden for a three-day official visit to the Swedish capital invited by the governor of Stockholm.
Daylife
Prince Salman bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud (2-L) of Saudi Arabia, and King Carl Gustaf of Sweden pose for photographers during an audience at the Royal Palace in Stockholm
Daylife

More photos of the King, crown princess and prince Salman
Agencia Prisma - Vista del Principe Salaman en Stockholm
Old 06-30-2008, 02:18 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgomboslivia View Post
Today was a yacht trip in St. Tropez. Picture by BegaPictures. Keyword -St Tropez mentor
seems as if Madeleine advises her mother what hat to wear in the sun:

madeleine: Royal-Urlaub mit viel Gefühl - Bilder - BUNTE

Silvia:BelgaPicture - Quick search

I really like the style of Queen Silvia, but the saturday evening dress didn't convince me.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

From Hola
Galerías de imágenes
LA REINA SILVIA Y LA PRINCESA MAGDALENA SE HACEN A LA MAR POR UNA BUENA CAUSA
Old 07-18-2008, 02:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Royal Family was sailing with the Brig Tre Kronor on Tuesday.
Ölandsbladet/Victoria tog med sig familjen på en seglats med Tre Kronor
King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia were there, as did crown princess Victoria, princess Madeleine and Jonas Bergström. Daniel Westling and Emma Pernald weren´t with them.

Jenny Alexandersson writes about the sailing trip in Svensk Damtidning. She tells that Daniel Westling couldn´t follow the rest of the Royal Family, because there was a TV-group filming the royal family at the sail. The King doesn´t like that Victoria and Daniel are photographed together before they are engaged and both Victoria and Daniel are embarrassed with the engagement rumours and they try to avoid the press and the photographers every time when they are together.
Svensk Damtidning/Daniel fick inte följa med på båtturen
Old 07-21-2008, 07:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, and now the result is, that Expressen (reaching a lot more ppl than SDT) had an big article about the king not liking Daniel (only in one sentence, Johan T. had mentioned, that it could be, that Victoria´s special position played a role)...once again!
I´ve always said, that I am not believing, that the king is the problem...but slowly...(?) There are many more pics of the king with Jonas.
It would have been so much better not to invite Jonas.
Or...but I am well aware, that not all are sharing my opinion...to invite Daniel and Emma as well...or better said to encourage Daniel to come.
Surely Royals should follow protocol...but for heavens sake...we all know, that V&D are an item...this is not 2003, but 2008...and this was a private tour...and if V&D would finally...finally...did I already say finally (?!) get engaged in autumn/winter/spring 08/09, it would be 568184810881 times better to give the impression, that Daniel isn´t like vermin to the king...and that he had just given his ok, because he hadn´t seen any chance for an other choice.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Yes, this was a private trip, but there was a TV-group at the brig. Maybe they were filming the royal family to the program telling about the year of the Royal Family. I also think that it was unwise to invite Jonas. I would like to see the King take more notice to the feelings of Victoria, she deserves to get married with the man she loves, and the man is Daniel.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:36 AM
Serene Highness

it's really strange that Daniel wasn't there! maybe there's another reason!! I hope so!!*

but do you think Victoria could give up the throne and choose love instead of her destiny of being a crown princess??? I hope not because she would be an amazing queen!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Closed Thread

Tags
bernadotte, carl gustav, carl philip, crown princess victoria, current events, king carl xvi gustav, lilian, prince carl philip, princess birgitta, princess christina mrs magnusson, princess desiree, princess lilian, princess margaretha mrs ambler, queen silvia, silvia, swedish royal family, princess madeleine