The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 03:00 AM
Serene Highness

At was the second Gala in castle of Stockholm this year for special guests of government, kultur ....!
Here a link to royalcourt with more information:
Representationsmiddag, Kungliga Slottet den 21 februari 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayvee
Hello iceflower,

Could you please let me know what or who this dinner was for? I'm curious why Queen Silvia and Crown Princess Victoria are wearing tiaras.

Thanks, Ayvee
No, the dress isn't new! Victoria wear it on private married-party of her friends Marina Gahn and Johan Bonde in Lidingö in December 2006.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810
Great pics! Does anyone know if Victoria's dress is new?

Old 02-22-2007, 03:10 PM
Courtier

Love Victorias dress! quite daring also - showing lot of cleavage But i agree that she should never wear that tiara (should we call it that) again, she should leave it for her future daughter. Let´s hope that she has been digging in Silvias jewel safe for the Norwegian gala this weekend and might wear the connaugh tiara or possibly the amethyst tiara, we haven´t seen Victoria wear that one in a long time now.

Old 02-22-2007, 07:18 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursulajohanna
No, the dress isn't new! Victoria wear it on private married-party of her friends Marina Gahn and Johan Bonde in Lidingö in December 2006.
This might sound weird but I'm glad its not a new dress. I was thinking that it would be less likely that she would wear a brand new dress at the Norway celebrations this weekend if this dress was brand new. But since it isn't I hope that the possibilities of her wearing a new dress this weekend went up.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:17 PM
Courtier

Exactly right, Aurora. I too think this will increase the chance that she will wear a stunning, new dress in Norway. I also hope the queen and Madeleine will sport new dresses.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:33 AM
Courtier

Talking Dress for Princess Madeleine

Who knows maybe Princess Madeleine has not yet decided if she is going to wear a new dress or not?! Perhaphs she will take a brand new one with her and an older one and decide on the spur or the moment?! I do like to be silly!
Old 02-28-2007, 10:32 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks Victoria looks great
Old 02-28-2007, 01:43 PM
Commoner

They both look great!
Old 02-28-2007, 03:41 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower
The dress is beautiful!
I totally forgot this Tiara exists!
I was hoping she banned this Tiara out of her collection.

Old 05-07-2007, 04:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yesterday the royal family, + emma and - carl philip, went to Djurgården to have lunch together. The arrived in two cars, a SÄPO car and in princess Madeleines Lexus. After the lunch they went for a walk together. When they got back to the cars they had got fined. The king gave his to his aide and Emma grabed the one on Madeleines car. The King and queen left together with Säpo in one car and Madeleine drove away with Emma and Victoria. Before they left Victoria got a radio from Säpo so that she could contact them if needed.

Aftonbladet: Kaffe med – avi
Old 05-07-2007, 05:55 PM
Commoner

Does it give some more pictures??
Old 05-08-2007, 05:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveAdam07
Does it give some more pictures??
Don´t think so, but you can watch a video of the incident here
Aftonbladet: ”Oops I did it again”
The article also says, that Madeleine had already gotten 5 parking tickets this year. Older users maybe still remember the old headlines on her driving&parking sins. Spoilt brat
Old 05-12-2007, 01:54 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
Yesterday the royal family, + emma and - carl philip, went to Djurgården to have lunch together. The arrived in two cars, a SÄPO car and in princess Madeleines Lexus. After the lunch they went for a walk together. When they got back to the cars they had got fined. The king gave his to his aide and Emma grabed the one on Madeleines car. The King and queen left together with Säpo in one car and Madeleine drove away with Emma and Victoria. Before they left Victoria got a radio from Säpo so that she could contact them if needed.

Aftonbladet: Kaffe med – avi
I was wondering what is a sapo car because from the picture the king is getting in a bmw m3. Is that his car or is sapo his security?
Old 05-12-2007, 04:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspate
I was wondering what is a sapo car because from the picture the king is getting in a bmw m3. Is that his car or is sapo his security?
Säpo= Säkerhetspolisen= security police. So a Säpo car can be of any brand and is driven by security staff.

Well, more money. The king surely isn´t really wealthy, as maybe other monarchs are it and he has some fortune, that isn´t "reachable" (real estate)
Things are also getting more expensive.

But for me there is some kind of discrepancy. I can´t say really, if they need more security, but to me the security seemed quite top in the past years.
What I definitely can´t see is, how the Royal youngsters work more! Esp. Madeleine and Carl Philip are such a lousy support for the RF, that it´s a shame.
So I think they could need more money, if all 3 would really work. But then I´d say, that they should get their own little apanage, so that things seem more clear...and besides maybe they (I mean the two younger ones) would feel more responsibility and wouldn´t behave so much like teenagers.
Well, maybe Monsieur Carl Philip would next year finally know, what he wants...being graphic designer or a working prince, or both (but then really both) and maybe Madame Madeleine would see, that one can´t do ones Master with doing 5p courses at the university and that it can´t be, that she is just doing a little for her mothers organisation.
And maybe there really finally would be a wedding...which makes me wondering, how things were held in other countries? Have the Monarchs gotten extra money for the weddings of the heirs, have they gotten money back the year after it??
Old 05-19-2007, 02:30 PM

BBC NEWS | England | London | Merchant ship 'returns' to London

Alert to Londoners. Their Majesties the King and Queen of Sweden will be in London visiting the Gothenburg on Sunday.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:33 PM

Just seen the Queen of Sweden on the BBC talking at the RHS. She said, "I love the Chelsea Flower Show. It's so colourful and it's so special to be here". She was wearing a bright pink suit but I didn't see the King anywhere.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:38 PM
Heir Apparent

The King was there too, Beatrixfan.
You can see pictures of them in the Chelsea Flower Show thread.
The Queen did indeed look very beautiful.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 05-21-2007, 03:00 PM

Ah there he is. It was a suprise to me to see the Queen chatting away on the Beeb but lovely to see Her Majesty there all the same. I went to Chelsea last year but I wish I'd gone today!
Old 05-23-2007, 09:14 PM
Administrator

Discussion about the wealth of the Swedish Royal Family have been moved to the following thread http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f22/general-swedish-royalty-discussion-questions-8936-8.html
Old 05-29-2007, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 29.5.2007

"Crown Princess Victoria, Queen Silvia, King Carl Gustaf and Prince Carl Philip at the opening of the Prince photo exhibition 'A glimpse of paradise' at the museum Gustavianum in Uppsala, Sweden, May 29, 2007. Prince Carl Philip's photos have been photographed in the Botanical Garden in Uppsala is displayed at the Museum Gustavianum as part of the 300 years anniversary of the birth of Swedish botanist Carl von Linne" from anp where you can see many more pics:

1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8
9 10
Old 05-29-2007, 05:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Great pics, iceflower - thank you.
Queen Silvia has expressed her personal interest in flowers & gardens multiple times in interviews, so it's an interesting side note that Prince Carl Phillip might have inherited this affinity. From what I can see of his own photos, he seems to have become a very good photographer in his own right indeed.
As for the Prince's hair, much criticized as it is, I rather like it because it suits him and it shows individuality.
Watching the pics, I can't help but notice that the Prince appears to be closer to his mother than to his father or sister - photos can always be misleading but they can be telling as well.

Tags
bernadotte, carl gustav, carl philip, crown princess victoria, current events, king carl xvi gustav, lilian, prince carl philip, princess birgitta, princess christina mrs magnusson, princess desiree, princess lilian, princess margaretha mrs ambler, queen silvia, silvia, swedish royal family, princess madeleine