Swedish Royal Family, Current Events Part 4: October 2006 - February 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The King and Queen of Sweden, birthday in Majorca

PALM. - The family of the king of Sweden is in Majorca celebrating the seventy birthday of princess Birgitta, sister of king Carlos Gustavo. The Swedish monarch landed in the air base of Are Sant Joan in afternoon of the Saturday accompanied by his sisters, princess Cristina and Margarita and by his wife, queen Silvia. Later, in another flight, princess Victoria arrived at the Island the heiress from the crown. At night, all were present in the supper, which it attended president accompanied Jaume Matas of their wife Maite Areal, celebrated in possessió of Miguel Nigorra in Santa Ponça.

The Swedish real family is lodged in Port Adriano. The visit, as mallorcadiario.com already advanced in its edition of yesterday, has a noticeable deprived character, and it will extend during the weekend. There is predicted no type of official act. In the birthday supper they were present also the mayor of Calvià, Carlos Delgado; the chief of a main directorate of Tourist Promotion, Eduardo Gamero and the manager of the Ibatur, Raimundo Alabern, given the contribution to the tourist promotion that has been supposing for years the entailment of princess Birgitta to this the zone of Calvià, mainly of Santa Ponça, where enjoys one of his greater passions, the practice of golf.

http://www.mallorcadiario.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=21541&Itemid=29

Boris said:
For the gala at Stockholm Palace, Queen Silvia wore the cut steel tiara along with the matching choker which hasn't been seen in many years. Her dress was first seen in 2000 during the French state visit to Sweden:
http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=1&ShowPicture=4567769&pos=2
CP Victoria also wore an 'old' dress with the Baden Fringe tiara:
http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=1&ShowPicture=4567773&pos=3
Is that A new dress that CP Victoria is wearing?

I am sure I have seen Crown Princess Victoria's dress before.

She has worn it another time (I mean in 2001 but i'm not sure)

The crown princess wear the dress at Galas in castle of Stockholm at 22nd January 2003 and 16th January 2002

iceflower said:
You are also most welcome, ursulajohanna :)

The royal family attending a dinner at the Royal Palace in Stockholm, Sweden February 21, 2007.

Silvia
Victoria
Victoria - another wonderful pic
Carl Gustav

Hello iceflower,

Could you please let me know what or who this dinner was for? I'm curious why Queen Silvia and Crown Princess Victoria are wearing tiaras.

Thanks, Ayvee

Victoria looks nice. Don't care for that tiara on her anymore. She needs an upgrade for her 30th birthday. :lol:

Great pics! Does anyone know if Victoria's dress is new?

^looks new. Its a pretty dress. I dislike that tiara so much though. Princesses older than 18 shouldn't be allowed to wear it :rolleyes:

At was the second Gala in castle of Stockholm this year for special guests of government, kultur ....!
Here a link to royalcourt with more information:
Representationsmiddag, Kungliga Slottet den 21 februari 2007

ayvee said:
Hello iceflower,

Could you please let me know what or who this dinner was for? I'm curious why Queen Silvia and Crown Princess Victoria are wearing tiaras.

Thanks, Ayvee

No, the dress isn't new! Victoria wear it on private married-party of her friends Marina Gahn and Johan Bonde in Lidingö in December 2006.

Aurora810 said:
Great pics! Does anyone know if Victoria's dress is new?

Last edited by a moderator:
Love Victorias dress! quite daring also - showing lot of cleavage :wub: :lol: But i agree that she should never wear that tiara (should we call it that) again, she should leave it for her future daughter. Let´s hope that she has been digging in Silvias jewel safe for the Norwegian gala this weekend and might wear the connaugh tiara or possibly the amethyst tiara, we haven´t seen Victoria wear that one in a long time now.

ursulajohanna said:
No, the dress isn't new! Victoria wear it on private married-party of her friends Marina Gahn and Johan Bonde in Lidingö in December 2006.

This might sound weird but I'm glad its not a new dress. I was thinking that it would be less likely that she would wear a brand new dress at the Norway celebrations this weekend if this dress was brand new. But since it isn't I hope that the possibilities of her wearing a new dress this weekend went up.:rolleyes:

Exactly right, Aurora. I too think this will increase the chance that she will wear a stunning, new dress in Norway. I also hope the queen and Madeleine will sport new dresses.

Dress for Princess Madeleine

Who knows maybe Princess Madeleine has not yet decided if she is going to wear a new dress or not?! Perhaphs she will take a brand new one with her and an older one and decide on the spur or the moment?! I do like to be silly! :ROFLMAO: :lol:

Thanks Victoria looks great

Yesterday the royal family, + emma and - carl philip, went to Djurgården to have lunch together. The arrived in two cars, a SÄPO car and in princess Madeleines Lexus. After the lunch they went for a walk together. When they got back to the cars they had got fined. The king gave his to his aide and Emma grabed the one on Madeleines car. The King and queen left together with Säpo in one car and Madeleine drove away with Emma and Victoria. Before they left Victoria got a radio from Säpo so that she could contact them if needed.

Aftonbladet: Kaffe med – avi

LoveAdam07 said:
Does it give some more pictures??

Don´t think so, but you can watch a video of the incident here
Aftonbladet: ”Oops I did it again”
The article also says, that Madeleine had already gotten 5 parking tickets this year. Older users maybe still remember the old headlines on her driving&parking sins. Spoilt brat :rolleyes:

Yennie said:
Yesterday the royal family, + emma and - carl philip, went to Djurgården to have lunch together. The arrived in two cars, a SÄPO car and in princess Madeleines Lexus. After the lunch they went for a walk together. When they got back to the cars they had got fined. The king gave his to his aide and Emma grabed the one on Madeleines car. The King and queen left together with Säpo in one car and Madeleine drove away with Emma and Victoria. Before they left Victoria got a radio from Säpo so that she could contact them if needed.

Aftonbladet: Kaffe med – avi

I was wondering what is a sapo car because from the picture the king is getting in a bmw m3. Is that his car or is sapo his security?

jspate said:
I was wondering what is a sapo car because from the picture the king is getting in a bmw m3. Is that his car or is sapo his security?

Säpo= Säkerhetspolisen= security police. So a Säpo car can be of any brand and is driven by security staff.

Well, more money. :rolleyes: The king surely isn´t really wealthy, as maybe other monarchs are it and he has some fortune, that isn´t "reachable" (real estate)
Things are also getting more expensive.

But for me there is some kind of discrepancy. I can´t say really, if they need more security, but to me the security seemed quite top in the past years.
What I definitely can´t see is, how the Royal youngsters work more! Esp. Madeleine and Carl Philip are such a lousy support for the RF, that it´s a shame.
So I think they could need more money, if all 3 would really work. But then I´d say, that they should get their own little apanage, so that things seem more clear...and besides maybe they (I mean the two younger ones) would feel more responsibility and wouldn´t behave so much like teenagers.
Well, maybe Monsieur Carl Philip would next year finally know, what he wants...being graphic designer or a working prince, or both (but then really both) and maybe Madame Madeleine would see, that one can´t do ones Master with doing 5p courses at the university and that it can´t be, that she is just doing a little for her mothers organisation.
And maybe there really finally would be a wedding...which makes me wondering, how things were held in other countries? Have the Monarchs gotten extra money for the weddings of the heirs, have they gotten money back the year after it??

Just seen the Queen of Sweden on the BBC talking at the RHS. She said, "I love the Chelsea Flower Show. It's so colourful and it's so special to be here". She was wearing a bright pink suit but I didn't see the King anywhere.

The King was there too, Beatrixfan.
You can see pictures of them in the Chelsea Flower Show thread.
The Queen did indeed look very beautiful. :)

Ah there he is. It was a suprise to me to see the Queen chatting away on the Beeb but lovely to see Her Majesty there all the same. I went to Chelsea last year but I wish I'd gone today!

Pics 29.5.2007

"Crown Princess Victoria, Queen Silvia, King Carl Gustaf and Prince Carl Philip at the opening of the Prince photo exhibition 'A glimpse of paradise' at the museum Gustavianum in Uppsala, Sweden, May 29, 2007. Prince Carl Philip's photos have been photographed in the Botanical Garden in Uppsala is displayed at the Museum Gustavianum as part of the 300 years anniversary of the birth of Swedish botanist Carl von Linne" from anp where you can see many more pics:

1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8
9 10

Great pics, iceflower - thank you.
Queen Silvia has expressed her personal interest in flowers & gardens multiple times in interviews, so it's an interesting side note that Prince Carl Phillip might have inherited this affinity. From what I can see of his own photos, he seems to have become a very good photographer in his own right indeed.
As for the Prince's hair, much criticized as it is, I rather like it because it suits him and it shows individuality.
Watching the pics, I can't help but notice that the Prince appears to be closer to his mother than to his father or sister - photos can always be misleading but they can be telling as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom