The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 04:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

This dress really brings out Princess Victorias beautiful figure and as always Prince Carl Philip looks really hot and sexy.

Old 01-16-2006, 04:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
I don´t like Carl Philip´s slick italo-gigolo hairdo. He looks awfully hot though

ooohhhh that is brutal. he is so hot though he easily overcomes his hair!

Old 01-16-2006, 05:12 PM
Heir Apparent

The Swedish Sports Gala tonight at the Globe Arena, Stockholm...

Pictures from Dagens Nyheter:

Alpine skiing star Anja Pärsson and Tina Nordlund, former football star in the women's national team

Alpine skiing star Anja Pärsson receiving her prize as the Female Athlete of the Year

Malin Baryard, Olympic silver winner in the team show jumping, handing over the prize for this year's athlete with a disability to Paralympic swimmer Alexandra Polivanchuck (photo by Bildbyrån)

Olympic heptathlon champion Carolina Klüft, boyfriend and pole vault jumper Patrik Kristiansson, and Olympic high jump champion Stefan Holm in the background (photo by Scanpix)

Olypmic bronze winner Emma Green receiving her prize as the Newcomer of the Year (photo by Bildbyrån)

Olympic high jump champion Kajsa Bergqvist with boyfriend Måns Herngren (photo by Scanpix)

Former alpine star Ingemar Stenmark (photo by Scanpix)

Yannick Tregaro, the Leader & Coach of the Year, with girlfriend Emma Green, Olympic bronze winner (photo by Scanpix)

Yannick Tregaro, the Leader & Coach of the Year (photo from Bildbyrån)

1: The Chairman of the Swedish Sports Confederations, Karin Mattsson, and Prince Carl Philip, from Scanpix via DN, 2: Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Carl Philip at the arrival, from Scanpix via Svenska Dagbladet, 3: Crown Princess Victoria and speedway driver Tony Rickardsson, from Scanpix via SVT, 4: Crown Princess Victoria awarding "Bragdguldet" ("The Feat Gold") to high jumper & Olympic champion Kajsa Bergqvist, from Bildbyrån via Svenska Dagbladet
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Karin Mattson & Carl Philip, Scanpix.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	224222   Click image for larger version

Name:	V & Tony Rickardsson, Scanpix.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	224224  
Attached Images

Old 01-16-2006, 05:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree, Victoria looks great! Love her dress... and Carl Philip, well that hair. But I´ll forgive him :)

some more caps from SVT:

(look at her bum!! I´m jealous :P)
Old 01-16-2006, 06:07 PM
Courtier

I liked Victorias hair it looks very good on her, but I didn´t liked the dress atleast not on tv. It looked very boring and colourless and with no cleavich, but it looks better on these photos. I really don´t like Carl-Philips hair though, his hair cut is now several years overdue! Book time at the hair dresser now, or call me and I will do it for you.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:39 PM
Royal Highness

Didn't Madeleine also attend the first Official Dinner in Stockholm last year? I was hoping we'd see the whole Royal Family there. I guess Madeleine is studying for her exams and packing for her trip to NYC! I never know what Carl Philip is doing, he does a really good job at keeping a low profile! Good to see that the Swedish Royal Family are finally gearing up for the 2006 year. May we have many great photos this year!
Old 01-17-2006, 04:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Victoria looks really great with her hair down.. and yes, the only downside is the dress. it looks too plain and doesn't justify her beauty & elegance.

Carl Phillip.. as always.. looks really handsome.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:41 AM
Heir Apparent

another one of Victoria from aftonbladet

and a fashion review... (can somebody translate?)
Old 01-17-2006, 05:03 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
another one of Victoria from aftonbladet

and a fashion review... (can somebody translate?)
Richard (a fashion expert) thinks: "Always attractive! She sort of looks like a modern Jackie O. Dignified, stylish and elegant. Looks good from top to toe. Extra credit for the evening's hottest accessory - Prince Carl Philip!"
Old 01-17-2006, 05:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cissan
Extra credit for the evening's hottest accessory - Prince Carl Philip!"
haha... they got it right... i wish i also have that "hot" accesory.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Two more from the Swedish Sports Gala last night....

1: Speedway driver Tony Rickardsson at the moment he's announced as the winner of the people's prize "Jerringpriset" ("The Jerring Prize"), Crown Princess Victoria applauds him, from Scanpix via Dagens Nyheter

2: Lasse Granqvist (from the Swedish Radio's Sport section) and Prince Carl Philip awarding the "Jerringpriset" to Tony Rickardsson on the stage, from Bildbyrån via Dagens Nyheter
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tony & Victoria, vinnarögonblick, ScanpixvDN.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	224243   Click image for larger version

Name:	Carl Philip, Lasse Granqvist & Tony, BilbyrånvDN.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	224244  
Old 01-17-2006, 11:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Daniel Nyhlen reports that Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine went shopping togehter at NK in Stockholm recently

The royal children went on a plesant shopping spree the other week. The sibs let their crowns flow at posh department store NK in Stockholm, where they were seen going up and down the escalators.
They strolled around togehter with two SÄPO guards, Carl Philip had a look in the Ralph Lauren store where he with delight looked at a scarf.
Madeleine found two the cups which she carefully took a good look at and Victoria found an exlusive set of sheets from Gant which were wrapped as a present. If they were a gift for Daniel I didn´t managed to find out...

written by Daniel Nyhlen at www.tv4.se
Old 01-17-2006, 12:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
Daniel Nyhlen reports that Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine went shopping togehter at NK in Stockholm recently

The royal children went on a plesant shopping spree the other week. The sibs let their crowns flow at posh department store NK in Stockholm, where they were seen going up and down the escalators.
They strolled around togehter with two SÄPO guards, Carl Philip had a look in the Ralph Lauren store where he with delight looked at a scarf.
Madeleine found two the cups which she carefully took a good look at and Victoria found an exlusive set of sheets from Gant which were wrapped as a present. If they were a gift for Daniel I didn´t managed to find out...

written by Daniel Nyhlen at www.tv4.se
that is great! its so nice to see that they get along really well. i would never go shopping with my brother.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
that is great! its so nice to see that they get along really well. i would never go shopping with my brother.
it's not the 1st time they did these kind of things together.
they went to concert and shops together as siblings, also with their partners.

1 more from royalcourt.se

Old 01-18-2006, 11:16 AM
Majesty

has victoria worn that black dress before
Old 01-18-2006, 04:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Official Dinner at the Royal Palace tonight...

Tonight, Wednesday 18 January, the King and Queen hosted an official dinner at the Royal Palace of Stockholm. 150 guests were invited, and the Royal Couple and the Crown Princess greeted their guests in the White Sea (Vita Havet) before the dinner was served in Karl XI’s Gallery.

The Royal Family was also represented by Princess Lilian and Princess Christina with husband Consul-General Tord Magnuson.

The menu consisted of lobster consommé with crab filled ravioli, lightly salted cod from Lofoten (Norway) with black truffle risotto and broth cooked Bresse pigeon with date sauce and lemon glazed carrots. For dessert, a Tiramisú pastry with Bailey foam and honey wafers was served.

The King led the wife of the Prime Minister, Anitra Steen, to the table, and had Minister Ulrika Messing on his other side. The Queen was led to the table by the Prime Minister and had the former Marshal of The Realm, Gunnar Brodin, on her other side, who in his turn led Princess Lilian to the table. The Crown Princess was led to the table by the Ambassador of Kenya and had the Prime Minister on her right side.

This is translated from a press release by the Royal Court, it can be read here (in Swedish).
Old 01-18-2006, 05:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

From my sources I know that Victoria is wearing the six button tiara (it looks baaad on her also) and the purpel greenish dress she has worn many times, Lilian wears a pastel light green dress and the laurel wreath tiara. The Queen wears a green velvet dress she has worn many, MANY times, the emerald and diamond circle necklace and the nine pronge tiara
Old 01-18-2006, 05:42 PM
Majesty

six botton tiara? that i woild not have guessed
Old 01-18-2006, 06:05 PM
Aristocracy

LOL, Josefine

It's beyond me why those buttons are so popular.

Is there a pic of the laurel wreath tiara anywhere
Old 01-18-2006, 06:16 PM
Majesty

you can see it in lilians jewllery thread

Closed Thread

Tags
bernadotte, carl gustav, carl philip, crown princess victoria, current events, king carl xvi gustav, lilian, prince carl philip, princess birgitta, princess christina mrs magnusson, princess desiree, princess lilian, princess margaretha mrs ambler, queen silvia, silvia, swedish royal family, princess madeleine