The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 05:35 PM
Courtier

Question Holiday

Does anyone know what Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling are doing instead of joining the other members of the Royal Family in Africa? Thanks, Gita.

Old 01-04-2006, 06:36 AM
Serene Highness

GrandDuchess, thanks for the information about Christmas and holiday in Kenya.
I hope, we will see some official pictures as 2003 by there holiday in Thailand.
The crown princess was last year-change (2004/2005) in Kenya!

Old 01-04-2006, 06:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
According to the magazine goes to Kinondo Kwetu, an exclusive “hide away” south of Mombasa. It’s an East African paradise with white sand beaches and water warm from the sun. The place where they are staying is situated not too far away from places like the Shimba Hill National Park and the Kilimanjaro mountains. According to the magazine the royals will also visit Lamu, a city north of Mombasa bordering to Somalia.
Thank you GrandDuchess for the summary.
Isn´t amazing, how they know all this stuff, but don´t care to get pics?! Which other Royal family could experience the same?? I would say no one. Even the Royal Family from little (population-wise) Norway is regularly found abroad.

Just like Gita I wonder, where Daniel & Victoria are and why they didn´t join them. One really can´t say, that the king and Daniel seem to spend a lot of time with each other.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:39 AM
Serene Highness

Lena, I think Victoria has stay at Sweden when the king is out of the country.

Perhaps, Victoria is in Storlien or other places in Sweden.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Victoria & Daniel visited Nairobi, Kenya during their christmas holiday last year, right?
perhaps they decided to do something else this year..
but, yeah, i do hope we get pictures of the royal family, especially with Emma & Jonas.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursulajohanna
Lena, I think Victoria has stay at Sweden when the king is out of the country.

Perhaps, Victoria is in Storlien or other places in Sweden.
Yes, that´s what I´ve thought too. But I´m unsure, since this law can be "stretched" quite a lot. Several times the whole Royal family was abroad. Also on holiday and also far away (e.g. in Mauritius in 1998)
Well, maybe the speaker of the parliament is abroad as well and can´t act as regent.
Personally I think this law is ridiculous. Not at least, because it can´t and isn´t always 100% working. The world became little in the past decades. You can go from A to Z easily. You just need to WANT it (Vickan+Kenya+last year )
Even more ridiculous it gets, when it´s seen as real duty. E.g. the danish court marked last december every single day in the calendar, when Frederik was regent

I might be wrong, but I guess Victoria and Daniel are in Sweden. In the beginning of February Daniel´s super-gym starts and I guess he is involved in realisation.

Or maybe they plan their engagement (highly unlikely of course)
Old 01-08-2006, 06:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

After christmas the royal family went on holiday to Kenya. Here are the first photos from the trip!

looks like they had fun :)

from facetoface

sadly no photos of Carl Philip and Madeleine... but perhaps there will be in a few days!

Victoria and Daniel are at home in Sweden. Yesterday the attended the wedding of one of Victorias old schoolmates Eric Waters-Falk.

http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=501847
Old 01-08-2006, 02:18 PM
Courtier

Thumbs up Yennie

Thanks so much for posting them Yennie! The King and Queen looked as if they had loads of fun!!! :)
Old 01-08-2006, 02:53 PM
Gentry

Thank you, Yennie!

Many thanks from me, too, Yennie! The pictures are just great. The King and Queen look so relaxed. I'm sure they enjoyed their holiday.
Old 01-09-2006, 04:25 AM
Serene Highness

Yennie, many thanks for the lovely pictures from the king and queen. They looks happy and relaxed at the holiday. (But I cann't made the pics bigger, tecnical problem?)
Old 01-09-2006, 08:56 AM
Gentry

Does anybody know the dates they were in kenya? I believe they were still in Sweden on the 26th for the Tsunami.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosalyn
Does anybody know the dates they were in kenya? I believe they were still in Sweden on the 26th for the Tsunami.
Yes they were still in Sweden on the 26th. Perhaps they left the day after?? I belive they pictures were taken around new years.

ursulahjohannna: if you click on the pics they will open in a new window and be enlarged
Old 01-09-2006, 11:32 AM
Serene Highness

Yennie, thanks It's now okay!

Rosalyn, the pictures from Kenya were taken at friday, 6th January 2006 by Kinando Kwetu Regatta at beach of south Kenya!
Old 01-09-2006, 02:01 PM
Heir Apparent

thanks Yennie for posting the photos of king & queen in kenya..

while waiting for pictures of madeleine & carl philip, let see some more of king & queen in kenya (also courtesy of facetoface)...

Old 01-09-2006, 02:04 PM
Heir Apparent

last ones from facetoface

Old 01-10-2006, 11:21 AM
Serene Highness

GrandDuchess, I see you are get the DAM-tidninger. Do you see at last weeks articles/pictures from official events (prins eugens medalj, Gala Music-Academie or other celebrations) in this magazine?
Thanks for your help in advance.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursulajohanna
GrandDuchess, I see you are get the DAM-tidninger. Do you see at last weeks articles/pictures from official events (prins eugens medalj, Gala Music-Academie or other celebrations) in this magazine?
Thanks for your help in advance.
Hi Johanna! Most things that we haven't had pictures from here on TRF I usually scan and post here. When I get home this weekend I can do a check, just in case, and see if there's any "new" pictures we haven't seen on TRF. But as far as I remeber, I haven't seen any pictures from the events you mentioned.
Old 01-11-2006, 12:16 PM
Aristocracy

Today a headline on some tabloid / weekly magazine was 'The King exposed as a peeper'. I didn't buy the paper but to me it sounded like he was using his binoculars when they were on safari in Kenya

Tonight 20.30 on TV4 the Kalla Fakta programme will scrutinise the King's side-career as a businessman. He obviously owns different properties and a lot of stocks. It says his personal assets are worth 200 Million Kronor.
Old 01-11-2006, 12:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneborn
Today a headline on some tabloid / weekly magazine was 'The King exposed as a peeper'. I didn't buy the paper but to me it sounded like he was using his binoculars when they were on safari in Kenya

Tonight 20.30 on TV4 the Kalla Fakta programme will scrutinise the King's side-career as a businessman. He obviously owns different properties and a lot of stocks. It says his personal assets are worth 200 Million Kronor.
not bad! is that equal to about 2 million dollars.

i read that he and silvia were launching a perfume line? did that ever get off the ground? how is it doing?

i wish i could buy the perfume
Old 01-11-2006, 12:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneborn
Was it in our "favourite" Hänt Extra? It sounds so much like one of their stories.
So the king has checked out the nacked lions and hyenas (?) OMG ...

Quote:
Expressen also wrote, that the king made 15 million SEK+ last year. With 15 mio SEK one could arrange a nice wedding

Tags
bernadotte, carl gustav, carl philip, crown princess victoria, current events, king carl xvi gustav, lilian, prince carl philip, princess birgitta, princess christina mrs magnusson, princess desiree, princess lilian, princess margaretha mrs ambler, queen silvia, silvia, swedish royal family, princess madeleine