The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 05:42 PM
Heir Apparent

The setting looks really nice.. and the atmosphere must be pretty mellow and sad..
the Crown Princess looks beautiful in that white hat.

from royalcourt.se

2 more photos from getty
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	56488211.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	222110   Click image for larger version

Name:	56488213.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	222111  

Old 12-27-2005, 01:20 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
the Crown Princess looks beautiful in that white hat.
Thank you for the photos and article about this mournful ceremony. Yes, she does. She really does.

Old 12-27-2005, 09:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Here is a picture of a very moved Queen Silvia and Crown Princess Victoria, who was even crying, at the official memorial ceremony at the Skansen Open Air Museum in Stockholm yesterday afternoon, commemorating the first year anniversary of the tsunami.

Picture by Jonas Lemberg/Expressen.
Attached Images

Old 12-28-2005, 09:40 AM
Heir Apparent

several more from facetoface

http://img466.imageshack.us/my.php?i...08318286my.jpg
http://img466.imageshack.us/my.php?i...08318279gy.jpg
http://img466.imageshack.us/my.php?i...08318267zt.jpg
http://img466.imageshack.us/my.php?i...08318258jy.jpg
Old 12-29-2005, 01:22 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Thank you for these photos from Skansen, Purple_Platinum and GrandDuchess. It was clearly an emotional experience for the Royal Family as well.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Summary of an Aftonbladet article and ranking list news...

Sweden's most powerful people 2005

A jury consisting of 32 chosen people have listed Sweden’s most powerful people 2005. The quite impressive jury had as their task to rank the 30 most powerful, and then a 100 list were made out of their point system for the ranking.

The criteria’s for power on their list is as follows:
- Ability to set the agenda of the public debate
- Ability to set the agenda around the coffee tables
- Ability to influence the law
- Ability to influence people’s habits, interests and consumption
- Ability to affect people’s finances

The top 10:

1. Göran Persson, Prime Minister
2. Fredrik Reinfeldt, Party Leader for Moderaterna (Conservatives)
3. Carl-Henrik Svanberg, President and CEO of Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson
4. Pär Nuder, Minister for Finance
5. Wanja Lundby-Wedin, Chairman of The Swedish Trade Union Confederation
6. Zlatan Ibrahimovic, football pro for Juventus
7. Margot Wallström, Vice Chairman of the EU Commission
8. Christina Stenbeck, leader of the Stenbeck corporate empire
9. King Carl XVI Gustaf, Head of State
10. Lars Heikensten, Governor of The Bank of Sweden and Chairman of the Executive Board

Princess Madeleine is listed on the 22nd place, and Crown Princess Victoria follows her on the 23rd place.

I think the reason Madeleine came one place before Victoria is because while Victoria is the most admired of the two and will have more symbolic power one day as the Head of State - Madeleine is a trend setter, and thus has the ability to affect people's consumption and via that finances... Also, Madeleine is a media favourite and is more of a headline setter than Victoria is.

Neither the Queen nor Prince Carl Philip was on the list.

The full ranking list can be found here.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Translation & summary of an Expressen article...

Sweden's most admired men & women 2005

At this time of year, ICA Kuriren (one of Sweden’s biggest magazines) have released their traditional listing of Sweden’s most admired women and men of the year. The investigation for their report is done by Sifo Research International, and three members of the Royal Family are on the lists…

Men

1. Zlatan Ibrahimovic, football pro (rank last year: 7)
2. King Carl XVI Gustaf, Head of State (rank last year: 3)
3. Stefan Holm, athlete (rank last year: 4)
4. Göran Persson, Prime Minister (rank last year: 2)
5. Mikael Persbrandt, actor (not on the list last year)
6. Fredrik Reinfeldt, Party Leader for Moderaterna/Conservatives (rank last year: 7)
7. Ingvar Kamprad, IKEA founder (rank last year 6)
8. Tony Rickardsson, speedway driver (not on the list last year)
9. Henrik Larsson, football pro (rank last year: 1)
10. Carl Bildt, former Prime Minister (not on the list last year)

Women

1. Carolina Klüft, athlete (rank last year: 1)
2. Margot Wallström, Vice Chairman of the EU Commission (rank last year: 2, shared)
3. Queen Silvia, Queen Consort (rank last year: 2, shared)
4. Crown Princess Victoria, Heir to the Throne (rank last year: 9)
5. Antonia Ax:son Johnson, corporate leader (rank last year: 10)
6. Lottie Knutsson, Director of Information for one of Sweden’s larges travelling agencies (rank last year: 3)
7. Annika Sörenstam, golf pro (rank last year: 6)
8. Kajsa Bergqvist, athlete (not on the list last year)
9. Mona Sahlin, Minister for Sustainable Development (rank last year: 5)
10. Gudrun Schyman, politician (rank last year: 8)

The full & original article can be found here.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
several more from facetoface

.jpg
.jpg

ooooohhhh!!!! it hurts. that hat! can't bear it. its so awful!

did any of you guys see the movie 'Coneheads' that came out in 1993? well i think victoria's seen it and liked it veerrry verrry much.

image from wikipedia
Old 12-30-2005, 12:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

This thread is continually degraded by boorish negative comments and pictures. If you believe that your opinion of the white hat is of general interest at least present your opinion in a polite and respectful way.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan
This thread is continually degraded by boorish negative comments and pictures. If you believe that your opinion of the white hat is of general interest at least present your opinion in a polite and respectful way.
I like the hat and since it was a solemn memorial service and since it was cold and one had to protect the ears, I thought itīs not worth to mention it.
Anyway I think it doesnīt add much positive to threads either, when you point all the time out, that itīs so negative to say an opinion, which isnīt sugar-sugar-honey etc. pp.
No offence :)

Interesting lists, GrandDuchess. Thanks for posting them.
Maybe I wouldnīt have called the first one "Most powerful people", since the criteria IMO donīt really describe Swedenīs most powerful people. Those, who I would consider as powerful, arenīt mentioned in the list either. Or better said, what have Zlatan and Madeleine to do there?? I think for them the motto for the list maybe should have been "Most talked about people in Sweden", this would also go together with the first two points of the criteria.

I think itīs always funny, how Royals make it into the "most admired list". Liza Marklund (author and columnist) has once said about Royals high ranked in this list:
they are famous because they are famous, because they are famous. Publicity is power, the confirmation of being.
Crown Princess Victoria is, therefore she is admired.
I think this describes it perfectly. People would surely judge differently, when they would have more time to think and research about it.
Itīs not, that I donīt like them and I also donīt think, that people donīt like them. But to be on the top on a list, which is about being admired for something one has done...I donīt know.

A cheap disgusting repeating side-kick from me: I donīt know, why Victoria is better ranked than in 2004
Old 12-30-2005, 02:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Royalty are admired for their fashion, stlye, grandeur, and ability to promote their nations and do good. Royalty are some of the best ambassadors for nations. They get more attention and more coverage. They use their position to do good even though they dont have too.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejonnhy25
Royalty are admired for their fashion, stlye, grandeur, and ability to promote their nations and do good. Royalty are some of the best ambassadors for nations. They get more attention and more coverage. They use their position to do good even though they dont have too.
I donīt know, if I would sign that. I mean...generally I agree. Itīs good to have this kind of driving force.
But I wouldnīt say, that they donīt have to do this. Itīs their job. Of course they could say "Well, I cash the money from the state and lean back". Just like some ppl do it, in states with a well developed welfare system. But does this automatically mean, that we have to admire everyone, who works for his or her money?!
Personally I admire ppl more, who do something out of an own impulse. And who donīt need big bling bling galas to do good things (I know, that big bling bling galas mean money...but I canīt help to think, that some sort of vanity also plays a role at them)
I wonder, how these polls are actually made. I mean...somehow one can only win, when one is known of many people. When someone mentions the husband as most admired person, it is only one vote for this man, while the votes of people, who mention a public person, which comes to their mind, become little by little more and more.
Old 12-31-2005, 03:36 PM
Heir Apparent

one more of Victoria at the tsunami remembrance
(from nettavisen)
Attached Images

Old 12-31-2005, 05:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
one more of Victoria at the tsunami remembrance
(from nettavisen)
she looks genuinelly moved. the swedish people are so lucky to have someone like her as their future queen.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Here is a picture of the royal family in church on christmas eve 2005, picture by Patrik Østerberg scanned from Norwegian Se og Hør
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	service.JPG
Views:	298
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	222724  
Old 01-03-2006, 07:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for scanning the pic, Larzen!
Iīve never seen a pic of the Royal Family attending church at Christmas
Old 01-03-2006, 07:38 AM
Serene Highness

Larzen, thanks for posting the picture from the church.

Is this pic from christmas 2005?
Old 01-03-2006, 11:41 AM
Heir Apparent

really great, Larzen...
i'm glad they attend the christmas eve church service with each other.
where is carl-philip?
Old 01-03-2006, 02:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
Here is a picture of the royal family in church on christmas eve 2005, picture by Patrik Østerberg scanned from Norwegian Se og Hør
Thanks for posting the photo, Larzen!
Nice to see them attend church at christmas again... I think they used to do so every christmas when the children were young
Old 01-03-2006, 03:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Here are two more pictures from the Royal Family's attendance at the church service on Christmas Day (according to Svensk Dagbladet is was on the 25th). The pictures are also by Patrik Österberg, scanned from the current issue of Svensk Damtidning.

Princess Christina & husband Tord

Patrick Sommerlath and Prince Carl Philip

It's a tradition for the Royal Family to attend church during Christmas, but normally we don't get to see any pictures, so it's wonderful that we get a few pictures 2005 - I hope it continues in the future too!

Summary from Svensk Damtidning (the Royal Christmas & royals on holiday in Africa)

Svensk Damtidning writes that the Royal Family celebrated their normal traditional Christmas at Drottningholms Palace, joined by Princess Lilian, Princess Christina and her family as well as the Queen’s newphew Patrick Sommerlath.

On Christmas Eve they celebrated in the palace with a lot of good food, and on the morning of Christmas Day they attended the mass in the Drottningholms Palace Chapel, where Prince Carl Philip jokingly pretended to conduct the choir that was performing during the service. On Boxing Day the Royal Family gathered at Princess Christina and her husband’s home Villa Beylon on the Ulriksdal Palace Estate, and on the same day the Royal Couple and the Crown Princess also attended the tsunami memorial at the Skansen Open Air Museum in Stockholm.

After Christmas, the Queen travelled to Germany to visit her brother Jörg Sommerlath who has been suffering from cancer.

After the Christmas days, the King and Queen together with Prince Carl Philip and his girlfriend Emma and Princess Madeleine and her boyfriend Jonas Bergström travelled to Kenya, joining a large group of friend who were already there (something that has become a tradition for the Royal Family, a far away trip with friends, like the cruise in 2003). The Queen flew directly from Germany. Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling did not come with them, they had other plans.

According to the magazine the trip goes to Kinondo Kwetu, an exclusive “hide away” south of Mombasa. It’s an East African paradise with white sand beaches and water warm from the sun. The place where they are staying is situated not too far away from places like the Shimba Hill National Park and the Kilimanjaro mountains. According to the magazine the royals will also visit Lamu, a city north of Mombasa bordering to Somalia.

Tags
bernadotte, carl gustav, carl philip, crown princess victoria, current events, king carl xvi gustav, lilian, prince carl philip, princess birgitta, princess christina mrs magnusson, princess desiree, princess lilian, princess margaretha mrs ambler, queen silvia, silvia, swedish royal family, princess madeleine