Swedish Royal Family, Current Events Part 3: December 2005 - October 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Royalty are admired for their fashion, stlye, grandeur, and ability to promote their nations and do good. Royalty are some of the best ambassadors for nations. They get more attention and more coverage. They use their position to do good even though they dont have too.

Princejonnhy25 said:
Royalty are admired for their fashion, stlye, grandeur, and ability to promote their nations and do good. Royalty are some of the best ambassadors for nations. They get more attention and more coverage. They use their position to do good even though they dont have too.

I don´t know, if I would sign that. I mean...generally I agree. It´s good to have this kind of driving force.
But I wouldn´t say, that they don´t have to do this. It´s their job. Of course they could say "Well, I cash the money from the state and lean back". Just like some ppl do it, in states with a well developed welfare system. But does this automatically mean, that we have to admire everyone, who works for his or her money?!
Personally I admire ppl more, who do something out of an own impulse. And who don´t need big bling bling galas to do good things (I know, that big bling bling galas mean money...but I can´t help to think, that some sort of vanity also plays a role at them)
I wonder, how these polls are actually made. I mean...somehow one can only win, when one is known of many people. When someone mentions the husband as most admired person, it is only one vote for this man, while the votes of people, who mention a public person, which comes to their mind, become little by little more and more.

one more of Victoria at the tsunami remembrance
(from nettavisen)

Attachments

• victoria_365_224098m.jpg
    victoria_365_224098m.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 407
purple_platinum said:
one more of Victoria at the tsunami remembrance
(from nettavisen)

she looks genuinelly moved. the swedish people are so lucky to have someone like her as their future queen.

Here is a picture of the royal family in church on christmas eve 2005, picture by Patrik Østerberg scanned from Norwegian Se og Hør

Attachments

• service.JPG
    service.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 613
Last edited:
Thank you for scanning the pic, Larzen!
I´ve never seen a pic of the Royal Family attending church at Christmas

Larzen, thanks for posting the picture from the church.

Is this pic from christmas 2005?

really great, Larzen...
i'm glad they attend the christmas eve church service with each other.
where is carl-philip?

Larzen said:
Here is a picture of the royal family in church on christmas eve 2005, picture by Patrik Østerberg scanned from Norwegian Se og Hør
Thanks for posting the photo, Larzen!
Nice to see them attend church at christmas again... I think they used to do so every christmas when the children were young

Here are two more pictures from the Royal Family's attendance at the church service on Christmas Day (according to Svensk Dagbladet is was on the 25th). The pictures are also by Patrik Österberg, scanned from the current issue of Svensk Damtidning.

Princess Christina & husband Tord

Patrick Sommerlath and Prince Carl Philip

It's a tradition for the Royal Family to attend church during Christmas, but normally we don't get to see any pictures, so it's wonderful that we get a few pictures 2005 - I hope it continues in the future too!

Summary from Svensk Damtidning (the Royal Christmas & royals on holiday in Africa)

Svensk Damtidning writes that the Royal Family celebrated their normal traditional Christmas at Drottningholms Palace, joined by Princess Lilian, Princess Christina and her family as well as the Queen’s newphew Patrick Sommerlath.

On Christmas Eve they celebrated in the palace with a lot of good food, and on the morning of Christmas Day they attended the mass in the Drottningholms Palace Chapel, where Prince Carl Philip jokingly pretended to conduct the choir that was performing during the service. On Boxing Day the Royal Family gathered at Princess Christina and her husband’s home Villa Beylon on the Ulriksdal Palace Estate, and on the same day the Royal Couple and the Crown Princess also attended the tsunami memorial at the Skansen Open Air Museum in Stockholm.

After Christmas, the Queen travelled to Germany to visit her brother Jörg Sommerlath who has been suffering from cancer.

After the Christmas days, the King and Queen together with Prince Carl Philip and his girlfriend Emma and Princess Madeleine and her boyfriend Jonas Bergström travelled to Kenya, joining a large group of friend who were already there (something that has become a tradition for the Royal Family, a far away trip with friends, like the cruise in 2003). The Queen flew directly from Germany. Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling did not come with them, they had other plans.

According to the magazine the trip goes to Kinondo Kwetu, an exclusive “hide away” south of Mombasa. It’s an East African paradise with white sand beaches and water warm from the sun. The place where they are staying is situated not too far away from places like the Shimba Hill National Park and the Kilimanjaro mountains. According to the magazine the royals will also visit Lamu, a city north of Mombasa bordering to Somalia.

Last edited:
Holiday

Does anyone know what Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling are doing instead of joining the other members of the Royal Family in Africa? Thanks, Gita.

GrandDuchess, thanks for the information about Christmas and holiday in Kenya.
I hope, we will see some official pictures as 2003 by there holiday in Thailand.
The crown princess was last year-change (2004/2005) in Kenya!

GrandDuchess said:
According to the magazine goes to Kinondo Kwetu, an exclusive “hide away” south of Mombasa. It’s an East African paradise with white sand beaches and water warm from the sun. The place where they are staying is situated not too far away from places like the Shimba Hill National Park and the Kilimanjaro mountains. According to the magazine the royals will also visit Lamu, a city north of Mombasa bordering to Somalia.

Thank you GrandDuchess for the summary.
Isn´t amazing, how they know all this stuff, but don´t care to get pics?! Which other Royal family could experience the same?? I would say no one. Even the Royal Family from little (population-wise) Norway is regularly found abroad.

Just like Gita I wonder, where Daniel & Victoria are and why they didn´t join them. :confused: One really can´t say, that the king and Daniel seem to spend a lot of time with each other.

Lena, I think Victoria has stay at Sweden when the king is out of the country.

Perhaps, Victoria is in Storlien or other places in Sweden.

Victoria & Daniel visited Nairobi, Kenya during their christmas holiday last year, right?
perhaps they decided to do something else this year..
but, yeah, i do hope we get pictures of the royal family, especially with Emma & Jonas.

ursulajohanna said:
Lena, I think Victoria has stay at Sweden when the king is out of the country.

Perhaps, Victoria is in Storlien or other places in Sweden.

Yes, that´s what I´ve thought too. But I´m unsure, since this law can be "stretched" quite a lot. Several times the whole Royal family was abroad. Also on holiday and also far away (e.g. in Mauritius in 1998)
Well, maybe the speaker of the parliament is abroad as well and can´t act as regent.
Personally I think this law is ridiculous. Not at least, because it can´t and isn´t always 100% working. The world became little in the past decades. You can go from A to Z easily. You just need to WANT it (Vickan+Kenya+last year :rolleyes: )
Even more ridiculous it gets, when it´s seen as real duty. E.g. the danish court marked last december every single day in the calendar, when Frederik was regent

I might be wrong, but I guess Victoria and Daniel are in Sweden. In the beginning of February Daniel´s super-gym starts and I guess he is involved in realisation.

Or maybe they plan their engagement (highly unlikely of course)

Last edited:
After christmas the royal family went on holiday to Kenya. Here are the first photos from the trip!

looks like they had fun :)

from facetoface

sadly no photos of Carl Philip and Madeleine... but perhaps there will be in a few days!

Victoria and Daniel are at home in Sweden. Yesterday the attended the wedding of one of Victorias old schoolmates Eric Waters-Falk.

http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=501847

Last edited:
Yennie

Thanks so much for posting them Yennie! The King and Queen looked as if they had loads of fun!!! :) :cool:

Thank you, Yennie!

Many thanks from me, too, Yennie! The pictures are just great. The King and Queen look so relaxed. I'm sure they enjoyed their holiday.

Yennie, many thanks for the lovely pictures from the king and queen. They looks happy and relaxed at the holiday. (But I cann't made the pics bigger, tecnical problem?)

Does anybody know the dates they were in kenya? I believe they were still in Sweden on the 26th for the Tsunami.

rosalyn said:
Does anybody know the dates they were in kenya? I believe they were still in Sweden on the 26th for the Tsunami.
Yes they were still in Sweden on the 26th. Perhaps they left the day after?? I belive they pictures were taken around new years.

ursulahjohannna: if you click on the pics they will open in a new window and be enlarged

Yennie, thanks It's now okay!

Rosalyn, the pictures from Kenya were taken at friday, 6th January 2006 by Kinando Kwetu Regatta at beach of south Kenya!

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks Yennie for posting the photos of king & queen in kenya..

while waiting for pictures of madeleine & carl philip, let see some more of king & queen in kenya (also courtesy of facetoface)...

Last edited:
GrandDuchess, I see you are get the DAM-tidninger. Do you see at last weeks articles/pictures from official events (prins eugens medalj, Gala Music-Academie or other celebrations) in this magazine?
Thanks for your help in advance.

ursulajohanna said:
GrandDuchess, I see you are get the DAM-tidninger. Do you see at last weeks articles/pictures from official events (prins eugens medalj, Gala Music-Academie or other celebrations) in this magazine?
Thanks for your help in advance.
Hi Johanna! Most things that we haven't had pictures from here on TRF I usually scan and post here. When I get home this weekend I can do a check, just in case, and see if there's any "new" pictures we haven't seen on TRF. But as far as I remeber, I haven't seen any pictures from the events you mentioned.

Today a headline on some tabloid / weekly magazine was 'The King exposed as a peeper'. I didn't buy the paper but to me it sounded like he was using his binoculars when they were on safari in Kenya :rolleyes:

Tonight 20.30 on TV4 the Kalla Fakta programme will scrutinise the King's side-career as a businessman. He obviously owns different properties and a lot of stocks. It says his personal assets are worth 200 Million Kronor.

Daneborn said:
Today a headline on some tabloid / weekly magazine was 'The King exposed as a peeper'. I didn't buy the paper but to me it sounded like he was using his binoculars when they were on safari in Kenya :rolleyes:

Tonight 20.30 on TV4 the Kalla Fakta programme will scrutinise the King's side-career as a businessman. He obviously owns different properties and a lot of stocks. It says his personal assets are worth 200 Million Kronor.

not bad! is that equal to about 2 million dollars.

i read that he and silvia were launching a perfume line? did that ever get off the ground? how is it doing?

i wish i could buy the perfume:D

Daneborn said:
Was it in our "favourite" Hänt Extra? It sounds so much like one of their stories.
So the king has checked out the nacked lions and hyenas (?) OMG :eek: ...;)

Expressen also wrote, that the king made 15 million SEK+ last year. With 15 mio SEK one could arrange a nice wedding :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom