The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 04:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve
I hope we'll get to see more pictures of this exhibit. I think it would be a very impressive and grand exhibit. The Queen hasn't always made stellar fashion choices for the Nobel awards, but there have been many beautiful dresses. Are there pictures of the Queen in the gowns and fully decked out accompanying the gowns or is it just the gowns?

Does anyone plan on going to see this exhibit?
I think there are photos of her wearing the gowns, taken by photograper Charles Hammarsten. But I dont think they are new...

Old 05-19-2006, 09:53 AM
Heir Apparent

STOCKHOLM 2006-05-18.
Queen Silvia of Sweden, accompanied by Princess Lilian and Crown Princess Victoria, today launched the exhibition "Our Queen - party and everyday life" (in Swedish: Vår Drottning - fest och vardag).

from brunopress

Old 05-19-2006, 10:30 AM
Aristocracy

lovely photos!
Old 05-19-2006, 10:49 AM
Gentry

Thank you for the pictures, purple_platinum and thank you, Yennie, for the link.
Oh, how I wish I could be there and see the exhibition with those beautiful dresses! But I can't... :(
Old 05-19-2006, 11:34 AM
Nobility

is there a thread were we can see pics of Queen Silvia, wearing these dresses??
Old 05-20-2006, 10:35 AM
Courtier

Thank´s for the wonderful pictures of the exhibition - love it! I´m going to see it this summer, I usually make one visit at the Royal Palace every year and i definatly will do that this year.
Old 05-20-2006, 01:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks so much Yennie for providing the link!
Does anyboy know if there's a catalogue that douments this exhibition of the Queen's Nobel dresses?
If so, I'd love to order it as I don't see a chance for me to get to Stockholm before the exhibition closes... Thanks in advance for any info!

In answer to Post # 66: It's hard to believe, but the skirt Queen Silvia wore to the May 12th Gala really seems to be the same she wore with a new same-colored ruffled top for the King's 60th birthday... As ursulajohanna pointed out, it's more than 20 years old so I hope we're wrong, but it sure looks the same to me!
Ursulajohanna is also right regarding the white lace dress the Queen wore at the Winter Garden in NY, first seen on her official 50th birthday pics in 1993.
I also have the impression that CP Victoria's dress for her father's birthday celebration is the same one she wore for the last Nobel, with just the top modified... and there has been enough comment on Madeleines not-so-remarkable recycled dress on that occasion.
Recently, the Swedish Royals have really been quite frugal and taken the concept of recycling dresses a bit too far, IMHO.
Old 05-20-2006, 04:20 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Recently, the Swedish Royals have really been quite frugal and taken the concept of recycling dresses a bit too far, IMHO.
Yes, sometimes it seems so. I have just read in a online-magazine that Queen Silvia has never bought a new dress for the occasion of the nobel-price but instead always wore a dress which she had worn for an official reason once or twice before. I don't really understand that because I think that the nobel-ceremony is an official reason for the Royal Family?
Old 05-21-2006, 07:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

I just saw that it isnt just the Nobel dresses, but also Silvias wedding dress, Silvia and the rest of the family´s outfits for Madeleine´s christening, shoes and purses are also in the exhibition.

Perhaps a trip to Stockholm this summer will be necessary :)
Old 05-21-2006, 08:05 AM
Serene Highness

Seems like a great exhibition to me. I would almost give myself a trip to Stockholm this summer. It would be wonderful to see all these great dresses! :)
Old 05-28-2006, 01:28 PM
Heir Apparent

found more picture from Zuma..

May 18, 2006
Queen Silvia opened the exhibition 'Our Queen' in the Royal Palace. Her dresses from 30 years since she became the swedish queen were displayed in Stockholm

Old 05-28-2006, 01:38 PM
Heir Apparent

more from Zuma

Old 05-28-2006, 02:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

A catalogue has been published to document the 'Queen Silvia' exhibition, featuring her Nobel dresses, part of the Bernadotte jewelry collection, her wedding dress, even daytime clothing - in fact, there are many more items on display than announced by the (ever-unreliable) Swedish Court website.
Has anybody seen this catalogue yet? I'd really like to know about its quality (regarding both contents and photographs) as I would go ahead & try to purchase it.
Thanks in advance for any info! :)
Old 05-28-2006, 04:07 PM
Royal Highness

Siliva and Lilian both look great! I love that shade on Lilian, it's so vibrant! Victoria looks good but that outfit again? *sigh*....
Old 05-29-2006, 11:07 AM
Heir Apparent

several more from Zuma

amazing dresses of Queen Silvia..

Old 05-29-2006, 11:14 AM
Serene Highness

Beautiful photos, Jess. I am a fan of this queen and enjoy the retrospective.
Old 05-29-2006, 11:31 AM
Heir Apparent

last ones from Zuma

Old 05-29-2006, 12:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks a lot purple platinum for posting these grest pics! Amazing dresses indeed, and most of them of timeless elegance too. Very few fashion mistakes over three decades, I'd say.
I'm glad that Princess Lilian, though looking rather fragile these days, still hasn't lost her bizarre sense of humor - just take a look at her bag!
Queen Silvia's (new!) outfit is great too; the Swedish female Royals seem to develop a liking for daring shoes these days...
Again, has anyone seen the exhibition's catalogue yet and could post some info about it here? Thanks in advance -
Old 06-02-2006, 08:05 AM
Commoner

Pictures taken at the BOATHOUSE restaurant

If looks could kill, I think the photographer, snapping the King, would be dead!http://www.theroyalforums.com/ugala/...ilies/cool.gif
Old 06-04-2006, 08:03 AM
Courtier

Yesterday I visited the royal palace and saw the exhibition of the queens dresses and i must say it was fabulous! I have seen all of these dresses on pictures many times and didn´t care much for some of them, but when i saw them live they where truly amazing. Not to mention the ones i liked already on the photos, they where even more spectacular. And ofcourse the wedding dress was amazing. I strongly recomend anyone who has the chance to go see it. And in the treasary they displayed a few of the jewels worn at the Nobel Prize award cermonies. The Leuchtenberg sapphire parure, the pink topaz necklace,earrings and broches, and some other grand necklaces and broches - all great.

Closed Thread

Tags
bernadotte, carl gustav, carl philip, crown princess victoria, current events, king carl xvi gustav, lilian, prince carl philip, princess birgitta, princess christina mrs magnusson, princess desiree, princess lilian, princess margaretha mrs ambler, queen silvia, silvia, swedish royal family, princess madeleine