Swedish Royal Family, Current Events Part 2: December 2004 - December 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lena said:
Thank you, Yennie
So what could be her next goal at university? Sorry to say, but 6 terms of this and that + 10 "points" from a law course at an adult education center don´t seem to me like a full study (where you can get really deep knowledge in a field) Seeing this, I´m surprised, that it seemed impossible for Victoria to graduate from university as well.

I dont think Victoria really graduated, as she was studing at Yale as a "special student". She never took any tests and therefor she shouldn´t have a degree at all. But I think she got some sort of diploma (not an "official one) when she left, I remember seeing the cermony at the headmasters office iin the yearly programme about the rf.

I think these are the degrees you can have in a university:
Magister, professor, kandidat (atleast 2 subjects and 60 points in the same one)
http://www.ne.se/jsp/search/article.jsp?i_sect_id=109915&i_history=1
perhaps someone with better english than mine can translate this, I dont know enough about "university english" :)

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/royal_family/86712004.htm

Royal News 'Swedish Royal Children Slutty & Gay' - preacher

August 23, 2005, 12:48:13
000000blank.jpg
Royal News: The Swedish Royal family has consulted lawyers after a fundamentalist preacher called the royal children "slutty and gay".

Fred Phelps, of the Wesrboro Baptist Church in Kansas, is well known for his homophobic website 'God Hates Fags'.

Really interesting. Victoria and Madleine are gay :) So they are into men? Whats wrong with that?

rchainho said:

000000blank.jpg
Royal News: The Swedish Royal family has consulted lawyers after a fundamentalist preacher called the royal children "slutty and gay".

Fred Phelps, of the Wesrboro Baptist Church in Kansas, is well known for his homophobic website 'God Hates Fags'.
Dennism said:
More news from the Rev. Phelps

Minister of hate to "hunt down" Swedish king

http://www.thelocal.se/article.php?ID=1961&date=20050825
I thought that website mentioned above, "God hates..." was just a joke. :eek: This Fred Phelps certainly isn't a man of God. Why is he targeting Sweden for? I am shocked that there are people out there that claim to work for God, yet they spread these intolerant messages full of hate around. They shouldn't even allow him into Sweden! I think the Family should be very worried about this man.

Danielle said:
I thought that website mentioned above, "God hates..." was just a joke. :eek: This Fred Phelps certainly isn't a man of God. Why is he targeting Sweden for? I am shocked that there are people out there that claim to work for God, yet they spread these intolerant messages full of hate around. They shouldn't even allow him into Sweden! I think the Family should be very worried about this man.

Well, he is largely targeting Sweden for its liberal social policies. Well, he is just in a long line of people who claim to be people of the cloth and yet who spread such messages.

Maybe Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg and her colleagues at the Royal Court are not only occasionally reading Ritva's message board and website, but also here on The Royal Forums... And this time particularly mine, and others, rants and complaints about the Royal Court's lousy website - because I just found this (translated from Swedish):

From http://www.webupdate.se

"The Royal Court new client
2005-01-12 | Webupdate has received the prestigious assignments to build the Palace's (wrong expression there) new website. The assignment included design, navigation, contents and structure and it's a big acknowledgement for Webupdate's creative team. The technical implementation will be done by another part. The website wil be delievered for the summer."

Wohooo! Now my hopes are sky high, but I'll try to brace myself and calm down, so that I don't get too excited and then disappointed. :D

Tanning

And maybe they will pass on the comments posted here to Princess Madeleine about too much tanning?! :D

maybe our members want to give some ides on the poll we got about the court webbsite

rchainho said:

000000blank.jpg

This horrible man. I remember looking at his website 5 years ago where he had a photo of Mathew Shepherd - the gay American college student beaten to death in Washington State in the late 90's - superimposed in flames. If you clicked the photo, a voice purporting to be Shepherd's said, "For God's sake, listen to Phelps!" He supports picketing the funerals of gay hate-crimes victims because he says their families "frittered away" their chance to raise upstanding heterosexual Christians and, thus, their grief doesn't deserve to be respected.

This targeting the Swedish royal family is twisted. I'll be curious to see how this pans out. I don't remember why I was reading up on him then, but I haven't come across his name since. So maybe he's heading to a smaller country where it will be easier to drum up press.

GrandDuchess said:
Maybe Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg and her colleagues at the Royal Court are not only occasionally reading Ritva's message board and website, but also here on The Royal Forums... And this time particularly mine, and others, rants and complaints about the Royal Court's lousy website - because I just found this (translated from Swedish):

2005-01-12 | Webupdate has received the prestigious assignments to build the Palace's (wrong expression there) new website. The assignment included design, navigation, contents and structure and it's a big acknowledgement for Webupdate's creative team. The technical implementation will be done by another part. The website wil be delievered for the summer."

Wohooo! Now my hopes are sky high, but I'll try to brace myself and calm down, so that I don't get too excited and then disappointed. :D
Does this mean that the english side wil have the same stuff as the rest of the website? ::::I hope, I hope, I hope:::: :D

Well, maybe they want to change it, because of the (possible) engagement and wedding next year. These events will be one of the greatest oppurtunities for PR...and I´m sure the court will try all to use it...
BTW IMO it wouldn´t be bad to involve Carl Philip...

A press release by the Royal Court today tells that there was a break-in at Ulriksdal Palace on the night to 24 August this year. Twenty culturally historic bronze pieces were stolen, the thieves had left when police and guards arrived, alerted by the alarm. All of the bronze objects are made in Paris around 1820, and have originally belonged to Karl XIV Johan.

The objects stolen belong to the Bernadotteska Familjestifelserna (the Bernadotte Family Foundations), and are the private property of H.M. The King.

Rosendals Palace is one of Sweden’s foremost cultural historic environments from the beginning of the 1800’s, and the theft from the whole environment at the Palace means a significant loss for the country’s cultural heritage.

The press release (in Swedish) can be found here.

wonder if they will be able to sell it after the theft is known

GrandDuchess said:
A press release by the Royal Court today tells that there was a break-in at Ulriksdal Palace on the night to 24 August this year. Twenty culturally historic bronze pieces were stolen, the thieves had left when police and guards arrived, alerted by the alarm. All of the bronze objects are made in Paris around 1820, and have originally belonged to Karl XIV Johan.

The objects stolen belong to the Bernadotteska Familjestifelserna (the Bernadotte Family Foundations), and are the private property of H.M. The King.

Rosendals Palace is one of Sweden’s foremost cultural historic environments from the beginning of the 1800’s, and the theft from the whole environment at the Palace means a significant loss for the country’s cultural heritage.

The press release (in Swedish) can be found here.

Ridiculous. With the loss of half of the archives at the Karolinska Institute, it makes one wonder if anybody is guarding and taking care of Sweden's treasures.

Today the press writes about the activities of the Royal Family this fall, DN also mentions the new website, but says nothing of when exactly it will be launched.

* One incoming State Visit from Malaysia
* One outgoing State Visit to Australia
* The Crown Princess will be a trainee at the Swedish Embassy in Beijing, China, where she will also inaugurate a porcelain exhibition
* The Queen will inaugurate “The Children’s House” in Linköping, a place where children involved in police investigation will receive help and be questioned under calm circumstances
* The Queen will take part in several meetings with the Mentor Foundation
* The King and Queen will participate in the follow up of the film “In the Shadow of the Viloence” made by Save the Children
* The King will travel to Härnösand where he will inaugurate a plant that will produce heat for a pulp mill, and he will also do a trip along Höga Kusten
* The King will participate in a leadership seminar with the scouts, this year he celebrates 50 years as a scout
* The King will also inaugurate a “Norwegian” mall in the municipality of Årjäng
* The Queen will, as she usually does, award the prizes in DN’s Annual Pop Quiz Competition
*Prince Carl Philip will continue with his studies in graphic design, but will also go to Spain during the fall where he will attend the start of the Volvo Ocean Race
*Princess Madeleine will continue with history studies at Stockholm University

The article sources (in Swedish):
http://www.dn.se/DNet/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=147&a=458578&previousRenderType=3
http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=431438

Last edited:
Did the royal couple go to their annual August car exhibit where the King is blindfolded driving the car?

rosalyn said:
Did the royal couple go to their annual August car exhibit where the King is blindfolded driving the car?
no, there was no "Svenska Kungsrallyt" event this year. Next one will take place in august 2006

That´s okay, Gita. Nifty of you to use one of the emoticons.

Yes, if we can have more photos of the King driving blindfolding, that would be great. ;)

GrandDuchess said:

Nine months to redisign such a homepage? Must be quite a lot of work to do or quite a big change!

we talked about that there was to be 3 incomming state visits this year
at least that was what the guide at stockholm castle said and that the guest apartments would be preperf for that but there is only 2 state visits so far the state visit from norway did not live at the guest apartment do you think we will see one more incomming state visit

Josefine said:
we talked about that there was to be 3 incomming state visits this year
at least that was what the guide at stockholm castle said and that the guest apartments would be preperf for that but there is only 2 state visits so far the state visit from norway did not live at the guest apartment do you think we will see one more incomming state visit
No, I don't think so. Two incoming ones are quite a lot as it is, considering the kind of preparations it requires. After this one, the Royal Court will be busy with preparing the outgoing one to Australia.

Last edited:
Yennie said:
In this weeks Svensk Damtidning there´s an article and some photos from a party held by prince Carl Philip on Tullgarn last weekend
Victoria & Daniel, Madeleine & Jonas and many others was there....

ACJ said: Carl Philip was having a party for his friends, but there´s no special reason behind it (I bet SvD wanted it t be an engagement party or something like that :) )

I´ll see if I can scan the article later today!
Thanks Yennie, that would be very kind.

I read that article last night, and looked at the pictures. It was very nice to see the pics, and nice that Prince Carl Philip hosted a party at Tullgarn, which is otherwise a quite forgotten palace that they don't use very often (it's one of my favourite palaces, btw).

Daniel Westling is in one of the pictures, and I think he looks terrible! He stands next to an older man, has his hand in the pockets and still looks like the butterball, and if I might say so - he looks so sleazy pleased with himself... I think it's the most unflattering one I've ever seen of him.... And I think I saw a little belly on Mr Gym Owner under the shirt, cause he was leaning forward.

Here´s the photos from the party!

from this weeks Svensk Damtidning

Victoria and Daniel

Closeup of Victoria

Carl Philip and a unknown girl

Jonas and Madeleine arrives

And here´s some random photos of the guests! I spy Louise Gottlieb, Gustaf Magnusson, Ulf Frederick von Roth, Lovisa de Geer...

Last edited by a moderator:
A thousand thanks for scanning, Yennie :)
Daniel looks indeed AWKWARD! Maybe he should ask a professional stylist for help, who would manage it to unite Ockelbo+snob into a well balanced style, which would fit to his personality.
Victoria looks gorgeous. But to drop (together with her boyfriend) the sunglasses wouldn´t be bad (to me it looks like evening...and in my area we don´t wear sunglasses in the night. But maybe we are just awkward :rolleyes: )
The bag, Jonas is holding for Madeleine, looks like a bag for baby stuff ;)

When I heard about the pics, I was expecting an informal comfy come-together (a last summer party with bbq and all), but this looks sooo formal, as if something big would be celebrated. Since there´s no birthday, jubilee or final of school, I´ve to assume Fru Jernberg´s statement was a little away from being true :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Thanks Yennie! When is Jonas off to London?

Gita said:
Thanks Yennie! When is Jonas off to London?

Are you already waiting for him? ;)

When does university usually start in Great Britain? I´ve read again an article about him leaving this week, so I guess it´s about time now...and that this party was one of their last things together in Sweden...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom