The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 06:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
> H.R.H. Princess Madeleine
Opening of the Exhibition “Princesses”
The Royal Armoury, Stockholm
oh, another engagement for Madeleine! She seems to step out into the public life more and more now...What is The royal armoury, is it Hovstallet?

Old 02-11-2005, 06:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
What is The royal armoury, is it Hovstallet?
Livrustkammaren. I hope the translation is correct, someone told me it was.

Old 02-11-2005, 06:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
Livrustkammaren. I hope the translation is correct, someone told me it was.
Aha, I see! never heard that word before, but I´m sure its correct.
Do you know anything more about the exhibition? Will it be about the life of swedish princesses or something like that?
Old 02-11-2005, 07:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Do you know anything more about the exhibition? Will it be about the life of swedish princesses or something like that?
I think they are aming at a very mixed public with this exhibition, because it's about both Swedish Princesses through the years (non-living) as well as Princesses from the fairytales.
Old 02-11-2005, 11:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Alejandra: Thank you so much for posting the link to those wonderful pics from last night's gala dinner which so far have not appeared anyplace else!
CP Victoria is wearing this particular necklace for the first time. It consists of the pendants taken from the Connaught diamond tiara put on a chain; Princess Madeleine has worn it several times before indeed, but Queen Silvia never did, as far as I remember.
CP Victoria's tiara is her modern one, given to her for her 18th birthday. IMO, it was a bad choice then and it's terrible that she continues to wear it now. This pitiful tiara looks like some piece of wire topped with rhinestones.
Princess Madeleine wears her mother's 10th wedding anniversary gift diamond tiara again, to great effect.
Queen Silvia wears her cameo parure.
All Royal ladies wear 'old' dresses, but the white chiffon dress Queen Silvia is wearing is at least 19 years old... which might set a new record. I have pics of her wearing it on a state visit to Portugal in 1986 - and I hope I will never see it again. It's a nice dress for sure, and she obviously kept her figure to still fit into it, but PLEASE:
The Queen of Sweden should live on a budget that allows her to buy & wear a few more new gala dresses each year, really...!
Old 02-12-2005, 12:59 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris
All Royal ladies wear 'old' dresses, but the white chiffon dress Queen Silvia is wearing is at least 19 years old... which might set a new record. I have pics of her wearing it on a state visit to Portugal in 1986 - and I hope I will never see it again. It's a nice dress for sure, and she obviously kept her figure to still fit into it, but PLEASE:
The Queen of Sweden should live on a budget that allows her to buy & wear a few more new gala dresses each year, really...!
19 years. O, my. Maybe we should start up a charity: The Gowns for Silvia Fund.
Old 02-18-2005, 03:01 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanorama
Can someone please please please translate that into english please? :)
Here Idol profilers(satirists) make fun of Royal Children.

Tonight, TV4 "journalists" Peter Magnusson och David Hellenius make fun of the royal children. Victoria and Madeleine are depicted as stupid and spoiled.
Carl Philip is shown as a slobbering idiot.

-It is deplorable says Ann-Christine Jernberg, Royal Court press chief(Answer woman extraordinaire)

In tonight´s humorprogram, "Two guys and check channel"(not sure about that one) Peter Magnusson and David Hellenius, from Idol 2004, carry on with TV4´s biggest satires yet.

But it is not merely a program where they make fun of the Royal Children.
It has a feature called "Royal House Jeopardy". That´s where hosts Peter Magnusson and David Hellenius play along with the 3 royal children as they vie against each other in a popular quiz. The royal children are shown to be very silly people indeed. They respond incorrectly on all of the questions and Carl Philip, when he opens his mouth, slobbers.

"This is boring"

Madeleine was the winner with 100 points. But she sighs:

- What one can do for 100,000 SKR is typically nothing.

Ann-Christine Jernberg sighs when she has heard what will be in the program:
-I have not seen it but I think it is deplorable and tedius that they should devote time to such a thing. I do not find it funny.

"It won´t be wicked"

David Hellenius says that his purpose is only to amuse.

Why depict Carl Philip that way?

-I don´t know why I did it that way. He is not like that in real life.

How do you think the royal children will respond?

-That is something one will have to find out. It is never funny if people are getting tired of it. It´s not meaning to be wicked or mean-spirited.

Anders Knave, program head at TV, defends the feature:

When it comes to us with irony and humor, we must let the creators decide how to restrain themselves. It is done in all sincere fondness as well.

Program:

Madeleine: God how strange. Can one answer in advance? But that is just
sh-- easy.

Magnus Härenstam: He is the only son of Carl Gustaf XVI(the current king).

Madeleine: Who is Karl XII?

Magnus Härenstam: The forest´s king who every year causes thousands of calamities on country roads.

Carl Philip(who dribbles when he answers) That is sh-- easy. It´s Pappa!

Victoria: God how dumb can you be!

Carl Philip: Was I wrong?

Victoria: No, but one has to say "Who is pappa?"

Magnus Härenstam: The name of the Metro in Paris which often goes underground.

Victoria: One would have to know French then. I pass on that question.

Magnus Härenstam: I can give you a clue. It is something that is long and vast and quick. One can ride it, for example, from Bromma to Gamla Stan.

Madeleine: What is a limo?
Old 02-25-2005, 09:57 AM
Majesty

a slow week it seems
Old 02-25-2005, 10:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
a slow week it seems
An engagement-week...I would say. Personally I don´t believe really anymore in a (summer) wedding in 2005, but for the case I´m wrong, I would say this is (almost) the least possible week. Almost no duties for Victoria (only one in the castle) and after this week Victoria will go to Australia (IMO an engagement after Australia is very unlikely)
Old 02-25-2005, 01:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
a slow week it seems
I've heard that the Queen is gonna visit her brother in Germany (the one suffering from cancer) next week, but I don't know how true that is... But it could be, since her official schedule is empty. Perhaps the Crown Princess could visit him too, since she'll be in Germany tomorrow.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:20 PM
Courtier

They are in Bavaria right now. And well Munich is Bavarias Capital. From Oberstdorf tu Munich its 190 km . And yes there are more than 120 km of Motorway without a speed limit. So the king could test his new gained knowledge on a slippery parcour. :) I would guess they stay in Austria during the weekend as its not that far and the Austrians have some 5* hotels so luxury for the crown pincess her mother and the king. Lets hope he knows that there is a severe speed limit in Austria :)
Old 03-04-2005, 08:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
> T.M. The King and Queen, H.R.H. Prince Carl Philip, H.R.H. Princess Lilian, Princess Christina Mrs Magnusson
Official Dinner
The Royal Palace of Stockholm
no Madeleine?! I wonder why... an exam perhaps?
Old 03-04-2005, 09:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
no Madeleine?! I wonder why... an exam perhaps?
Isn´t it normal, that Madeleine participates in one and then Carl Philip in one. We had it always like this in the past years. And I guess, that Victoria will be then in Australia doesn´t make a difference.

To Australia...wasn´t it said she will be there from the 10-18th to help the swedish trade? Is the remained time a private holiday? I think she was for a shorter time in Japan. So I guess it is (?)
Old 03-04-2005, 10:52 AM
Majesty

is this the dinner that was droped
Old 03-08-2005, 08:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Published: 8th March 2005 10:50 BST+1 (in the local)
Swedish royals demand German compensation

Having forced a number of German gossip magazines to print front page apologies for fabricating stories, the Swedish royal household is still not convinced that 'Welt der Frau' and other publications have quite kicked the habit. Now, confirming rumours from last November, the Swedish royals are demanding damages.
"This is going to be pushed forward through the courts," said the palace press officer, Ann-Christine Jernberg.
The royals' legal team, led by the German lawyer Matthias Prinz, has gone through a sample of magazines from the last five years. They say they have found "hundreds of false, invented articles, mainly about Crown Princess Victoria and Princess Madeleine, on themes such as love affairs, engagements, weddings, births, miscarriages and so on, often illustrated with photo montages".
Despite the fact that the magazines have apologised on a number of occasions, the royal family considers that they have never gone far enough.
"The apologies which have been published have only related to certain specific articles," Jernberg told Expressen.
"The king and queen have given Professor Prinz the task of requesting compensation from a number of publishing companies."
The amount of compensation would be determined by the German court, and Jernberg refused to speculate on a possible sum. But she confirmed that none of the royals would benefit personally from any cash awarded.
"The amount paid out would go to charities in accordance with the royal family's wishes," she said.
In November of last year, the publishers hinted that the Swedish royals were demanding 40 million kronor - an amount which, they said, would force the companies to close down.
But the royal household was quick to refute that, adding it to the list of lies.
"That the Royal Family is demanding 40 million crowns is a fabrication," Elisabeth Tarras-Walhberg, the Court's spokeswoman, said at the time.
"It appears as though the Editor-in-Chief for the publisher is spreading rumours in order to create a backlash against the Royal Family."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know that many will disagree with that what I say here: I hope the court gets no single cent! IMO this goes to far! They have gotten apologies for newer articles and the german press is now more reliable than e.g. "Hänt extra"
Maybe it´s just me, but IMO to ask for smart money is sooooo very embarrassing and dishonorable for a Royal court. They shouldn´t care for all this stuff. I remember, that I´ve read, that the dutch princes (Willem, Constantijn and Johan Friso) sometimes read the german tabloids (and the articles about them) to have a good laugh. Much more likeable IMO.
Further I´ve heard that lawyer Martin Prinz won´t try to sue the big publishers for smart money, because they could pay better lawyers. And I would say, that´s quite unfair.

Well, that the money would go to charity projects, is surely an nice idea and those ppl surely need it. But this doesn´t change the fact (for me), that the whole trials are embarrassing.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:56 AM
Majesty

so carl philip is taking care of sweden then
Old 03-11-2005, 11:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
so carl philip is taking care of sweden then
Wow, I just wanted to write the same, when I saw, that GrandDuchess has kindly updated the weekly schedule
Old 03-11-2005, 12:03 PM
Heir Apparent

The Official Dinner last night:

Yesterday the King and Queen hosted an Official Dinner at the Royal Palace of Stockholm. In attendance were also Prince Carl Philip, Princess Lilian and Princess Christina Mrs Magnusson with her husband, Consul-General Tord Magnusson. Count Bertil Bernadotte and his wife Jill were also among the guests.

The menu consisted of salmon in three ways: root beet marinated, tureen of smoked salmon and salmon tartar. On the menu were also fried perch with shellfish risotto, roasted fillet of beef with sweet potato purée and glazed small onions. Banana soufflé with milk chocolate ice cream.

The King lead Anitra Steen, the wife of the Prime Minister, to the table and had Carin Eliasson, the wife of the Marshall of the Realm, on his other side. The Queen was lead to the table by Prime Minister Göran Persson, and had the Marshall of the Realm, Ingemar Eliasson, on her other side. The Marshall of the Realm in his turn lead Princess Lilian to the table, she had the Ambassador of Austria to Sweden, Dr. Peter Pramberger, on her other side. Prince Carl Philip lead Helén Bodström, the wife of the Minister for Justice, to the table, and had Anitra Steen, the wife of the Prime Minister, on his other side.

The flower arrangement shows how the staff had chosen spring colours for the dinner table in Karl XI's Gallery, and they stand in a silver piece from the Brazilian Silver Set
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Representationsmiddag 10 mars 2005_1.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	107177   Click image for larger version

Name:	Representationsmiddag 10 mars 2005_2.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	107178   Click image for larger version

Name:	Representationsmiddag 10 mars 2005_3.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	107179  
Old 03-11-2005, 12:42 PM
Majesty

i do not think the queen usally wears this grand tiara at the yearly gala dinners

silvia is often recycle her dresses
how many times has she woorn this
Old 03-11-2005, 12:49 PM
Courtier

Wow finally we got to see the braganza tiara, that is usually kept in the dark. Lovely!:)

Closed Thread

Tags
bernadotte, carl gustav, carl philip, crown princess victoria, current events, king carl xvi gustav, lilian, prince carl philip, princess birgitta, princess christina mrs magnusson, princess desiree, princess lilian, princess margaretha mrs ambler, queen silvia, silvia, swedish royal family, princess madeleine