The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 03:59 PM
Majesty

> H.M. The Queen, H.R.H. The Crown Princess
Attendance at the Swedish Sports Gala 2005
The Globe Arena, Stockholm

last year it was the king and the prince

next year woiuld it be madeleine by her self
any photos yet

Old 01-17-2005, 05:01 PM
Heir Apparent

First pics from Svenska Dagbladet:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ig1.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	81358   Click image for larger version

Name:	ig2.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	81359   Click image for larger version

Name:	ig3.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	81360   Click image for larger version

Name:	ig4.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	81361  

Old 01-17-2005, 05:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Victorias hair:) Nice
The rest of the outfit Pure horror, and when she obiously took her time at the hairdresser she could have left the glasses at home
The Queen looks elegant as usual
Old 01-17-2005, 05:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
Victorias hair:) Nice
The rest of the outfit Pure horror, and when she obiously took her time at the hairdresser she could have left the glasses at home
The Queen looks elegant as usual
I agree with you. Though this top looks like a piece, Mary could have worn (silky material, moss-green colour..something that Mary wore often in the beginning) I don´t think Victoria can wear that! It looks so tight (I hope it/the seams rip, when she gets out of it-otherwise we will see it again...and again...and again) That I don´t like trousers at galas, I think I´ve said it often enough.
The real drama with this is, that Victoria always looks like an ugly duckling (in comparison), when she stands next to her (61 year old!!!) mother.

But yes, her hair looks good...finally more volume, and no ponytail.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:50 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
While I like the hair to the sides like that and long, I think it just looks too casual and too, well, not unkempt but just wild. I like the glasses, of course. Anyway, Silvia is a vision as always.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
While I like the hair to the sides like that and long, I think it just looks too casual and too, well, not unkempt but just wild. I like the glasses, of course. Anyway, Silvia is a vision as always.
Even Dennis prefers the dress of Silvia...
Seems as Vicky really has got not that kind of a good taste
Old 01-17-2005, 06:59 PM
Majesty

Yes, I won´t say it´s a horror like Lena but I´ve seen better and I´ve seen a whole lot worse.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Picture from Aftonbladet

BTW Lena hasn´t said, it´s a horror, but she thinks it is

Funny pic from Svd (We have seen Victoria doing this before...but then with Haakon, haven´t we ):

No, little correction. Haakon has searched something under the table, and Victoria was seated next to him (sorry Victoria, you aren´t a naughty "under the desk"-searcher...you have just learned from Haakon ):
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ig5.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	81415   Click image for larger version

Name:	ig6.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	81416   Click image for larger version

Name:	haakon.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	81417  
Old 01-17-2005, 11:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
Picture from Aftonbladet

BTW Lena hasn´t said, it´s a horror, but she thinks it is
Absolutely right. I read it too quickly. It was our good buddy Larzen. Ahh, the secrets of hands under the table...
Old 01-18-2005, 02:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
and when she obiously took her time at the hairdresser
Took her time at the hairdresser? Could you repeat? I agree with Dennis here, her hair looks wild, almost a bit unkept. The rest of the outfit is pure horror, here most of us seem to agree. I think it was very disappointing - and also disturbing - that she didn't have a nicer outfit, now she was outshined by a lot of ladies present at the gala (and isn't the Crown Princess supposed to be the one that glitters?).

The Queen looked wonderful - as she always does. God bless our stylish Queen, she never disappoints. :)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	galaskytt463.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	81492   Click image for larger version

Name:	holm-bord-idrottsgalan-prb-411.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	81493   Click image for larger version

Name:	hvinn1.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	81494  
Old 01-18-2005, 02:40 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
God bless our stylish Queen, she never disappoints. :)
God bless our stylish Queen.
Long live our classy Queen
God Bless our Queen.
Perfect in flowing gowns
And in her suits of brown
She is the best around
God Bless our Queen.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
God Bless our Queen.
Perfect in flowing gowns
She is the best around
God Bless our Queen.
Hahahaha, I want you to sing that in front of Stockholm palace (maybe the window to HM´s office is opened )

Yes, wild...but to create such a wild and almost unkempt look (which should stay the whole evening) it tooks a lot of time- and a hairdresser.

Two more from Fotomarktplatz:

I don´t always want to wake the dogs ("you don´t want, Lena?" ) but what´s thaaaaaat on her right ring finger? It looks pretty big for a self bought, or of a friend or relative given, ring.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ig7.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	81563   Click image for larger version

Name:	ig8.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	81564  
Old 01-18-2005, 10:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Took her time at the hairdresser? Could you repeat? I agree with Dennis here, her hair looks wild, almost a bit unkept. The rest of the outfit is pure horror, here most of us seem to agree. I think it was very disappointing - and also disturbing - that she didn't have a nicer outfit, now she was outshined by a lot of ladies present at the gala (and isn't the Crown Princess supposed to be the one that glitters?).

The Queen looked wonderful - as she always does. God bless our stylish Queen, she never disappoints. :)
I know I complain copiously around here about Victoria's ponytail but when I see her hair like this (wild as GrandDuchess says, even unruly), I wish for the ponytail back. It was at least (most of the time) sleek and didn't look like she had just been riding around in a convertible with the top down on a super windy day.

And did Victoria and the Queen even attend the same event? Victoria's outfit looks semi-casual (only the material of the shirt makes it dressier than a normal shirt) while the Queen is in a long skirt and a velvet bolero-like jacket. I do hope that they arrived together but separated in this hall and the Queen attended a more formal occasion and Victoria a rock concert or something. Because if they both attended the same event then one of them is either over dressed or under dressed.

The Queen, as GrandDuchess says, does indeed look wonderful and is not disappointing in the least. Her daughter leaves much to be desired at this occasion.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:37 AM
Serene Highness

Lena thanks for posting the pictures from sportgala.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:16 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
I know I complain copiously around here about Victoria's ponytail but when I see her hair like this (wild as GrandDuchess says, even unruly), I wish for the ponytail back. It was at least (most of the time) sleek and didn't look like she had just been riding around in a convertible with the top down on a super windy day.
O, my. Wish for the ponytail to be back. Ha ha ha. Yes, she got caught in the windy conditions outside. Excellent description.

"Hahahaha, I want you to sing that in front of Stockholm palace (maybe the window to HM´s office is opened )"

Yes, I shall.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
God Bless our Queen.
Perfect in flowing gowns
She is the best around
God Bless our Queen.
King Carl XVI Gustaf should appoint you to Court Singer, and perhaps also Court Poet! :) Wonderful piece, you really should sing it outside Queen Silvia's window - just like Lena suggests!

This is probably the first time I wish for that ponytail to return. Perhaps you could write a prayer or a psalm so that we can all use it to evoke to a higher power for the return of the semi-blessed ponytail

Quote:
And did Victoria and the Queen even attend the same event? Victoria's outfit looks semi-casual (only the material of the shirt makes it dressier than a normal shirt) while the Queen is in a long skirt and a velvet bolero-like jacket. I do hope that they arrived together but separated in this hall and the Queen attended a more formal occasion and Victoria a rock concert or something. Because if they both attended the same event then one of them is either over dressed or under dressed.
I know, this is just what I thought when I saw them arriving last night. It was the same event - the Swedish Sports Gala in the Globe Arena.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:05 PM
Majesty

no gala the 20th due to the events in Asia

Årets första officiella representationsmiddag på Slottet inställd

Mot bakgrund av den tragiska händelsen i Sydostasien har DD.MM. Konungen och Drottningen beslutat att inställa årets första officiella representationsmiddag på Stockholms Slott, som tidigare planerats att äga rum den 20 januari.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:47 PM
Majesty

Quote:
King Carl XVI Gustaf should appoint you to Court Singer, and perhaps also Court Poet! :) Wonderful piece, you really should sing it outside Queen Silvia's window - just like Lena suggests!

This is probably the first time I wish for that ponytail to return. Perhaps you could write a prayer or a psalm so that we can all use it to evoke to a higher power for the return of the semi-blessed ponytail
Ha ha ha. Maybe I shall. Call the Muses to help bring back the famous(or infamous) ponytail once again! I do like that though "Court Singer"...Court Jester seems to be more up my alley though.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:00 PM
Heir Apparent

IMO here in this picture (from Getty) her hair looks very good...maybe she gave the impression of a "lioness", when she arrived, but here (later) it looks great. IMO a ponytail to this gala event would have been worse, simply too casual, too boring. Of course this hairdo wouldn´t have been something for the posh Nobel prize award or for her wedding day, but I think for a sports gala it works (while glasses should be left at home-even at sport galas)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ig9.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	82218  
Old 01-20-2005, 11:46 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
(while glasses should be left at home-even at sport galas)
Maybe she took them with her for security reasons. Otherwise she might be in danger that she would think one of the sportive men is her boyfriend

Tags
bernadotte, carl gustav, carl philip, crown princess victoria, current events, king carl xvi gustav, lilian, prince carl philip, princess birgitta, princess christina mrs magnusson, princess desiree, princess lilian, princess margaretha mrs ambler, queen silvia, silvia, swedish royal family, princess madeleine