The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 01-17-2005, 03:59 PM
Josefine's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: , Sweden
Posts: 9,193
> H.M. The Queen, H.R.H. The Crown Princess
Attendance at the Swedish Sports Gala 2005
The Globe Arena, Stockholm

last year it was the king and the prince

next year woiuld it be madeleine by her self
any photos yet
__________________

  #22  
Old 01-17-2005, 05:01 PM
Lena's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Mandø, Denmark
Posts: 3,884
First pics from Svenska Dagbladet:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ig1.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	81358   Click image for larger version

Name:	ig2.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	81359   Click image for larger version

Name:	ig3.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	81360   Click image for larger version

Name:	ig4.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	81361  

__________________

__________________
  #23  
Old 01-17-2005, 05:11 PM
Larzen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,819
Victorias hair:) Nice
The rest of the outfit Pure horror, and when she obiously took her time at the hairdresser she could have left the glasses at home
The Queen looks elegant as usual
__________________
  #24  
Old 01-17-2005, 05:37 PM
Lena's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Mandø, Denmark
Posts: 3,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
Victorias hair:) Nice
The rest of the outfit Pure horror, and when she obiously took her time at the hairdresser she could have left the glasses at home
The Queen looks elegant as usual
I agree with you. Though this top looks like a piece, Mary could have worn (silky material, moss-green colour..something that Mary wore often in the beginning) I don´t think Victoria can wear that! It looks so tight (I hope it/the seams rip, when she gets out of it-otherwise we will see it again...and again...and again) That I don´t like trousers at galas, I think I´ve said it often enough.
The real drama with this is, that Victoria always looks like an ugly duckling (in comparison), when she stands next to her (61 year old!!!) mother.

But yes, her hair looks good...finally more volume, and no ponytail.
__________________
  #25  
Old 01-17-2005, 06:50 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Posts: 6,423
While I like the hair to the sides like that and long, I think it just looks too casual and too, well, not unkempt but just wild. I like the glasses, of course. Anyway, Silvia is a vision as always.
__________________
WYAO
  #26  
Old 01-17-2005, 06:54 PM
mixer2002de's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
While I like the hair to the sides like that and long, I think it just looks too casual and too, well, not unkempt but just wild. I like the glasses, of course. Anyway, Silvia is a vision as always.
Even Dennis prefers the dress of Silvia...
Seems as Vicky really has got not that kind of a good taste
__________________
  #27  
Old 01-17-2005, 06:59 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Posts: 6,423
Yes, I won´t say it´s a horror like Lena but I´ve seen better and I´ve seen a whole lot worse.
__________________
WYAO
  #28  
Old 01-17-2005, 07:36 PM
Lena's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Mandø, Denmark
Posts: 3,884
Picture from Aftonbladet

BTW Lena hasn´t said, it´s a horror, but she thinks it is

Funny pic from Svd (We have seen Victoria doing this before...but then with Haakon, haven´t we ):

No, little correction. Haakon has searched something under the table, and Victoria was seated next to him (sorry Victoria, you aren´t a naughty "under the desk"-searcher...you have just learned from Haakon ):
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ig5.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	81415   Click image for larger version

Name:	ig6.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	81416   Click image for larger version

Name:	haakon.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	81417  
__________________
  #29  
Old 01-17-2005, 11:44 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Posts: 6,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
Picture from Aftonbladet

BTW Lena hasn´t said, it´s a horror, but she thinks it is
Absolutely right. I read it too quickly. It was our good buddy Larzen. Ahh, the secrets of hands under the table...
__________________
WYAO
  #30  
Old 01-18-2005, 02:10 AM
GrandDuchess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somwhere, Sweden
Posts: 3,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
and when she obiously took her time at the hairdresser
Took her time at the hairdresser? Could you repeat? I agree with Dennis here, her hair looks wild, almost a bit unkept. The rest of the outfit is pure horror, here most of us seem to agree. I think it was very disappointing - and also disturbing - that she didn't have a nicer outfit, now she was outshined by a lot of ladies present at the gala (and isn't the Crown Princess supposed to be the one that glitters?).

The Queen looked wonderful - as she always does. God bless our stylish Queen, she never disappoints. :)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	galaskytt463.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	81492   Click image for larger version

Name:	holm-bord-idrottsgalan-prb-411.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	81493   Click image for larger version

Name:	hvinn1.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	81494  
__________________
Sofia's Blog (my blog)
  #31  
Old 01-18-2005, 02:40 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Posts: 6,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
God bless our stylish Queen, she never disappoints. :)
God bless our stylish Queen.
Long live our classy Queen
God Bless our Queen.
Perfect in flowing gowns
And in her suits of brown
She is the best around
God Bless our Queen.
__________________
WYAO
  #32  
Old 01-18-2005, 08:26 AM
Lena's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Mandø, Denmark
Posts: 3,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
God bless our stylish Queen.
Long live our classy Queen
God Bless our Queen.
Perfect in flowing gowns
And in her suits of brown
She is the best around
God Bless our Queen.
Hahahaha, I want you to sing that in front of Stockholm palace (maybe the window to HM´s office is opened )

Yes, wild...but to create such a wild and almost unkempt look (which should stay the whole evening) it tooks a lot of time- and a hairdresser.

Two more from Fotomarktplatz:

I don´t always want to wake the dogs ("you don´t want, Lena?" ) but what´s thaaaaaat on her right ring finger? It looks pretty big for a self bought, or of a friend or relative given, ring.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ig7.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	81563   Click image for larger version

Name:	ig8.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	81564  
__________________
  #33  
Old 01-18-2005, 10:56 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
Took her time at the hairdresser? Could you repeat? I agree with Dennis here, her hair looks wild, almost a bit unkept. The rest of the outfit is pure horror, here most of us seem to agree. I think it was very disappointing - and also disturbing - that she didn't have a nicer outfit, now she was outshined by a lot of ladies present at the gala (and isn't the Crown Princess supposed to be the one that glitters?).

The Queen looked wonderful - as she always does. God bless our stylish Queen, she never disappoints. :)
I know I complain copiously around here about Victoria's ponytail but when I see her hair like this (wild as GrandDuchess says, even unruly), I wish for the ponytail back. It was at least (most of the time) sleek and didn't look like she had just been riding around in a convertible with the top down on a super windy day.

And did Victoria and the Queen even attend the same event? Victoria's outfit looks semi-casual (only the material of the shirt makes it dressier than a normal shirt) while the Queen is in a long skirt and a velvet bolero-like jacket. I do hope that they arrived together but separated in this hall and the Queen attended a more formal occasion and Victoria a rock concert or something. Because if they both attended the same event then one of them is either over dressed or under dressed.

The Queen, as GrandDuchess says, does indeed look wonderful and is not disappointing in the least. Her daughter leaves much to be desired at this occasion.
__________________
  #34  
Old 01-18-2005, 11:37 AM
ursulajohanna's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,213
Lena thanks for posting the pictures from sportgala.
__________________
  #35  
Old 01-18-2005, 12:16 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Posts: 6,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
I know I complain copiously around here about Victoria's ponytail but when I see her hair like this (wild as GrandDuchess says, even unruly), I wish for the ponytail back. It was at least (most of the time) sleek and didn't look like she had just been riding around in a convertible with the top down on a super windy day.
O, my. Wish for the ponytail to be back. Ha ha ha. Yes, she got caught in the windy conditions outside. Excellent description.

"Hahahaha, I want you to sing that in front of Stockholm palace (maybe the window to HM´s office is opened )"

Yes, I shall.
__________________
WYAO
  #36  
Old 01-18-2005, 01:11 PM
GrandDuchess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Somwhere, Sweden
Posts: 3,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
God bless our stylish Queen.
Long live our classy Queen
God Bless our Queen.
Perfect in flowing gowns
And in her suits of brown
She is the best around
God Bless our Queen.
King Carl XVI Gustaf should appoint you to Court Singer, and perhaps also Court Poet! :) Wonderful piece, you really should sing it outside Queen Silvia's window - just like Lena suggests!

This is probably the first time I wish for that ponytail to return. Perhaps you could write a prayer or a psalm so that we can all use it to evoke to a higher power for the return of the semi-blessed ponytail

Quote:
And did Victoria and the Queen even attend the same event? Victoria's outfit looks semi-casual (only the material of the shirt makes it dressier than a normal shirt) while the Queen is in a long skirt and a velvet bolero-like jacket. I do hope that they arrived together but separated in this hall and the Queen attended a more formal occasion and Victoria a rock concert or something. Because if they both attended the same event then one of them is either over dressed or under dressed.
I know, this is just what I thought when I saw them arriving last night. It was the same event - the Swedish Sports Gala in the Globe Arena.
__________________
Sofia's Blog (my blog)
  #37  
Old 01-19-2005, 05:05 PM
Josefine's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: , Sweden
Posts: 9,193
no gala the 20th due to the events in Asia

Årets första officiella representationsmiddag på Slottet inställd

Mot bakgrund av den tragiska händelsen i Sydostasien har DD.MM. Konungen och Drottningen beslutat att inställa årets första officiella representationsmiddag på Stockholms Slott, som tidigare planerats att äga rum den 20 januari.
  #38  
Old 01-19-2005, 05:47 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Posts: 6,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
King Carl XVI Gustaf should appoint you to Court Singer, and perhaps also Court Poet! :) Wonderful piece, you really should sing it outside Queen Silvia's window - just like Lena suggests!

This is probably the first time I wish for that ponytail to return. Perhaps you could write a prayer or a psalm so that we can all use it to evoke to a higher power for the return of the semi-blessed ponytail
Ha ha ha. Maybe I shall. Call the Muses to help bring back the famous(or infamous) ponytail once again! I do like that though "Court Singer"...Court Jester seems to be more up my alley though.
__________________
WYAO
  #39  
Old 01-19-2005, 09:00 PM
Lena's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Mandø, Denmark
Posts: 3,884
IMO here in this picture (from Getty) her hair looks very good...maybe she gave the impression of a "lioness", when she arrived, but here (later) it looks great. IMO a ponytail to this gala event would have been worse, simply too casual, too boring. Of course this hairdo wouldn´t have been something for the posh Nobel prize award or for her wedding day, but I think for a sports gala it works (while glasses should be left at home-even at sport galas)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ig9.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	82218  
__________________
  #40  
Old 01-20-2005, 11:46 AM
mixer2002de's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
(while glasses should be left at home-even at sport galas)
Maybe she took them with her for security reasons. Otherwise she might be in danger that she would think one of the sportive men is her boyfriend
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
bernadotte, carl gustav, carl philip, crown princess victoria, current events, king carl xvi gustav, lilian, prince carl philip, princess birgitta, princess christina mrs magnusson, princess desiree, princess lilian, princess margaretha mrs ambler, queen silvia, silvia, swedish royal family, princess madeleine


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Swedish Royal Family, Current Events Part 7: May 2014 - JessRulz Royal House of Sweden 62 10-18-2014 11:20 AM
Swedish Royal Family, Current Events Part 6: December 2010 - May 2014 Marengo Current Events Archive 707 05-15-2014 09:44 PM
Swedish Royal Family, Current Events Part 5: February 2008 - December 2010 Her_Majesty Current Events Archive 389 01-27-2011 05:51 AM
Swedish Royal Family, Current Events Part 3: December 2005 - October 2006 GrandDuchess Current Events Archive 280 10-11-2006 04:16 PM
Swedish Royal Family, Current Events Part 1: October 2003 - December 2004 Fireweaver Current Events Archive 194 12-13-2004 11:36 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events duchess of cambridge engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympic games olympics ottoman poland president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince felipe prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:18 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]