The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 08:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
Maybe Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg and her colleagues at the Royal Court are not only occasionally reading Ritva's message board and website, but also here on The Royal Forums... And this time particularly mine, and others, rants and complaints about the Royal Court's lousy website - because I just found this (translated from Swedish):

From http://www.webupdate.se

"The Royal Court new client
2005-01-12 | Webupdate has received the prestigious assignments to build the Palace's (wrong expression there) new website. The assignment included design, navigation, contents and structure and it's a big acknowledgement for Webupdate's creative team. The technical implementation will be done by another part. The website wil be delievered for the summer."

Wohooo! Now my hopes are sky high, but I'll try to brace myself and calm down, so that I don't get too excited and then disappointed.
Does this mean that the english side wil have the same stuff as the rest of the website? ::::I hope, I hope, I hope::::

Old 08-30-2005, 03:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, maybe they want to change it, because of the (possible) engagement and wedding next year. These events will be one of the greatest oppurtunities for PR...and I´m sure the court will try all to use it...
BTW IMO it wouldn´t be bad to involve Carl Philip...

Old 08-30-2005, 04:21 AM
Majesty

i also had some thoughts that the change in the desugn of the webbsite is due to a comming wedding

here is the link for the thread to tell what you would like to see on the webbsite
The Royal Court of Sweden's Website
Old 08-30-2005, 01:24 PM
Heir Apparent

A press release by the Royal Court today tells that there was a break-in at Ulriksdal Palace on the night to 24 August this year. Twenty culturally historic bronze pieces were stolen, the thieves had left when police and guards arrived, alerted by the alarm. All of the bronze objects are made in Paris around 1820, and have originally belonged to Karl XIV Johan.

The objects stolen belong to the Bernadotteska Familjestifelserna (the Bernadotte Family Foundations), and are the private property of H.M. The King.

Rosendals Palace is one of Sweden’s foremost cultural historic environments from the beginning of the 1800’s, and the theft from the whole environment at the Palace means a significant loss for the country’s cultural heritage.

The press release (in Swedish) can be found here.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:55 AM
Majesty

wonder if they will be able to sell it after the theft is known
Old 09-04-2005, 03:15 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
A press release by the Royal Court today tells that there was a break-in at Ulriksdal Palace on the night to 24 August this year. Twenty culturally historic bronze pieces were stolen, the thieves had left when police and guards arrived, alerted by the alarm. All of the bronze objects are made in Paris around 1820, and have originally belonged to Karl XIV Johan.

The objects stolen belong to the Bernadotteska Familjestifelserna (the Bernadotte Family Foundations), and are the private property of H.M. The King.

Rosendals Palace is one of Sweden’s foremost cultural historic environments from the beginning of the 1800’s, and the theft from the whole environment at the Palace means a significant loss for the country’s cultural heritage.

The press release (in Swedish) can be found here.
Ridiculous. With the loss of half of the archives at the Karolinska Institute, it makes one wonder if anybody is guarding and taking care of Sweden's treasures.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Today the press writes about the activities of the Royal Family this fall, DN also mentions the new website, but says nothing of when exactly it will be launched.

* One incoming State Visit from Malaysia
* One outgoing State Visit to Australia
* The Crown Princess will be a trainee at the Swedish Embassy in Beijing, China, where she will also inaugurate a porcelain exhibition
* The Queen will inaugurate “The Children’s House” in Linköping, a place where children involved in police investigation will receive help and be questioned under calm circumstances
* The Queen will take part in several meetings with the Mentor Foundation
* The King and Queen will participate in the follow up of the film “In the Shadow of the Viloence” made by Save the Children
* The King will travel to Härnösand where he will inaugurate a plant that will produce heat for a pulp mill, and he will also do a trip along Höga Kusten
* The King will participate in a leadership seminar with the scouts, this year he celebrates 50 years as a scout
* The King will also inaugurate a “Norwegian” mall in the municipality of Årjäng
* The Queen will, as she usually does, award the prizes in DN’s Annual Pop Quiz Competition
*Prince Carl Philip will continue with his studies in graphic design, but will also go to Spain during the fall where he will attend the start of the Volvo Ocean Race
*Princess Madeleine will continue with history studies at Stockholm University

The article sources (in Swedish):
http://www.dn.se/DNet/jsp/polopoly.j...usRenderType=3
http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=431438
Old 09-06-2005, 08:34 AM
Gentry

Did the royal couple go to their annual August car exhibit where the King is blindfolded driving the car?
Old 09-07-2005, 12:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.thelocal.se/article.php?I...d4950b303f6d3a

Back to college for Sweden's young royals
Old 09-07-2005, 01:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosalyn
Did the royal couple go to their annual August car exhibit where the King is blindfolded driving the car?
no, there was no "Svenska Kungsrallyt" event this year. Next one will take place in august 2006
Old 09-08-2005, 01:41 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
That´s okay, Gita. Nifty of you to use one of the emoticons.

Yes, if we can have more photos of the King driving blindfolding, that would be great.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Maybe Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg and her colleagues at the Royal Court are not only occasionally reading Ritva's message board and website, but also here on The Royal Forums... And this time particularly mine, and others, rants and complaints about the Royal Court's lousy website - because I just found this (translated from Swedish):

From http://www.webupdate.se

"The Royal Court new client
2005-01-12 | Webupdate has received the prestigious assignments to build the Palace's (wrong expression there) new website. The assignment included design, navigation, contents and structure and it's a big acknowledgement for Webupdate's creative team. The technical implementation will be done by another part. The website wil be delievered for the summer."

Wohooo! Now my hopes are sky high, but I'll try to brace myself and calm down, so that I don't get too excited and then disappointed.
Nine months to redisign such a homepage? Must be quite a lot of work to do or quite a big change!
Old 09-15-2005, 06:59 AM
Majesty

we talked about that there was to be 3 incomming state visits this year
at least that was what the guide at stockholm castle said and that the guest apartments would be preperf for that but there is only 2 state visits so far the state visit from norway did not live at the guest apartment do you think we will see one more incomming state visit
Old 09-15-2005, 07:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
we talked about that there was to be 3 incomming state visits this year
at least that was what the guide at stockholm castle said and that the guest apartments would be preperf for that but there is only 2 state visits so far the state visit from norway did not live at the guest apartment do you think we will see one more incomming state visit
No, I don't think so. Two incoming ones are quite a lot as it is, considering the kind of preparations it requires. After this one, the Royal Court will be busy with preparing the outgoing one to Australia.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

In this weeks Svensk Damtidning there´s an article and some photos from a party held by prince Carl Philip on Tullgarn last weekend
Victoria & Daniel, Madeleine & Jonas and many others was there...

Old 09-15-2005, 08:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
In this weeks Svensk Damtidning there´s an article and some photos from a party held by prince Carl Philip on Tullgarn last weekend
Victoria & Daniel, Madeleine & Jonas and many others was there....

ACJ said: Carl Philip was having a party for his friends, but there´s no special reason behind it (I bet SvD wanted it t be an engagement party or something like that :) )

I´ll see if I can scan the article later today!
Thanks Yennie, that would be very kind.

I read that article last night, and looked at the pictures. It was very nice to see the pics, and nice that Prince Carl Philip hosted a party at Tullgarn, which is otherwise a quite forgotten palace that they don't use very often (it's one of my favourite palaces, btw).

Daniel Westling is in one of the pictures, and I think he looks terrible! He stands next to an older man, has his hand in the pockets and still looks like the butterball, and if I might say so - he looks so sleazy pleased with himself... I think it's the most unflattering one I've ever seen of him.... And I think I saw a little belly on Mr Gym Owner under the shirt, cause he was leaning forward.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Here´s the photos from the party!

from this weeks Svensk Damtidning

Victoria and Daniel

Closeup of Victoria

Carl Philip and a unknown girl

Jonas and Madeleine arrives

And here´s some random photos of the guests! I spy Louise Gottlieb, Gustaf Magnusson, Ulf Frederick von Roth, Lovisa de Geer...

Old 09-15-2005, 01:40 PM
Heir Apparent

A thousand thanks for scanning, Yennie :)
Daniel looks indeed AWKWARD! Maybe he should ask a professional stylist for help, who would manage it to unite Ockelbo+snob into a well balanced style, which would fit to his personality.
Victoria looks gorgeous. But to drop (together with her boyfriend) the sunglasses wouldn´t be bad (to me it looks like evening...and in my area we don´t wear sunglasses in the night. But maybe we are just awkward )
The bag, Jonas is holding for Madeleine, looks like a bag for baby stuff

When I heard about the pics, I was expecting an informal comfy come-together (a last summer party with bbq and all), but this looks sooo formal, as if something big would be celebrated. Since there´s no birthday, jubilee or final of school, I´ve to assume Fru Jernberg´s statement was a little away from being true
Old 09-15-2005, 03:12 PM
Courtier

Question Thanks!

Thanks Yennie! When is Jonas off to London?
Old 09-15-2005, 04:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gita
Thanks Yennie! When is Jonas off to London?
Are you already waiting for him?

When does university usually start in Great Britain? I´ve read again an article about him leaving this week, so I guess it´s about time now...and that this party was one of their last things together in Sweden...

Closed Thread

Tags
bernadotte, carl gustav, carl philip, crown princess victoria, current events, king carl xvi gustav, lilian, prince carl philip, princess birgitta, princess christina mrs magnusson, princess desiree, princess lilian, princess margaretha mrs ambler, queen silvia, silvia, swedish royal family, princess madeleine