The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 07:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.ostrasmaland.se/artikel.p...avdelning_2=17#

An article about "someone" wanting to increase the protected area at Solliden to give the royal family more private life.
Now there are photographers on stand just outside the sealed-off area by the sea and this bothers the royal family.

No one wants to say exactly who has made this request (the rf, police etc.) but ACJ at the royal court says that the royal family is bothered by the paparazzis. But she dont know if its the royal family who has requested this.
"It´s Säpo who is in charge of the security" she says.

ps: I cant tell if this is a new article or not, but I have never seen it before so :)

Old 08-06-2005, 11:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

According to messages on Ritvas page the rf will be in Nyköping today!http://members.boardhost.com/ritva/msg/10462.html

August 6th, the royal family will attend (nothing official so we can´t be sure) the wedding of Prince Manuel von Bayern and Princess Anna zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg. The wedding takes place in the town of Nyköping, south of Stockholm
Prince Manuels father, Prince Leopold is a close friend of the King.

So perhaps we will get some new family photos!

Old 08-06-2005, 12:40 PM
Majesty

why in Nyköping do the bride or the groom live there
Old 08-06-2005, 01:22 PM
Heir Apparent

You can read more about the wedding in its own thread, it can be found here: Prince Manuel of Bavaria & Princess Anna zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg 2005

Any pictures should also be posted there, unless you link from a photo hosting site, in accordance to the new attachment policy on TRF.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:20 PM
Majesty

thank you for the tip has found it

has anyone seen the thread where all the group photos of the family is
the one where we post photos of all five members are in the photo
Old 08-18-2005, 03:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
has anyone seen the thread where all the group photos of the family is
the one where we post photos of all five members are in the photo
We've renamed that thread so the pictures doesn't have to be of the whole family, but can be of pictures with different constellations in the Royal Family. You can find it here: Swedish Royal Family, Picture Thread Part 1
Old 08-20-2005, 04:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

hi:

Now the biography channel is showing a documentary about this lovely family and country/palaces.
Old 08-21-2005, 06:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Expressen had today an long article about the plans of the Royal children. They wrote a lot, but nothing new. Shouldn´t we have the schedule for autumn by now?? This is too meager. I hope we get more.

Madeleine:
She has-according to Expressen only 10 points left until she can graduate. So her academic career would end at the turn of the year. I must admit, that I absolutely don´t get it. Madeleine has made this course in law in spring 2002...then she started in january 2003 science of arts, after a year she changed to ethnology and now after 3 years of studying (2 with ethnology) at university, she should be able to graduate??

Carl Philip:
He will try to drive more races in autumn. According to Expressen, he is starting his last term at the design college. Wasn´t it said in January 2005, that he would study two more years?

Victoria:
They only say, that she will go on with her queen school. And they speculate a lot about an engagement (Westlings meeting Bernadottes etc.). When we won´t get soon a plan with many journeys abroad, we can be pretty sure, that Expressen is right here...

http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=423851
Old 08-21-2005, 08:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
She has-according to Expressen only 10 points left until she can graduate. So her academic career would end at the turn of the year. I must admit, that I absolutely don´t get it. Madeleine has made this course in law in spring 2002...then she started in january 2003 science of arts, after a year she changed to ethnology and now after 3 years of studying (2 with ethnology) at university, she should be able to graduate??
I think its this way, she studied:
10 points law course, spring 2002
60 points science of art Spring 2003- spring 2004
40 points ethnology autumm 2004 - spring 2005

20 points = 20 weeks (september- january) = 1 term

to get a "kandidat examen" (= baccalaureate in english) you need 120 points an that means she has to have 10 more points

this is what it said about "kandidatexamen" on www.ne.se:

kandidatexamen, grundexamen vid universitet och högskola, specificerad efter fakultet (teologisk, juridisk, medicinsk och filosofisk). Kandidatexamen ersattes 1977 med högskoleexamen men återinfördes 1993 som benämning på en examen omfattande minst 120 poäng (3 års heltidsstudier) varav minst 10 poäng skall avse självständigt arbete (examensarbete). Juris kandidatexamen omfattar 180 poäng. (jfr filosofie kandidat, juris kandidat, medicine kandidat och teologie kandidat
Old 08-21-2005, 08:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
I think its this way, she studied:
10 point law course, spring 2002
60 point in science of art Spring 2003- spring 2004
autumm 2004 - spring 2005 ethnology

20 points = 1 term, september- january

to get a "kandidat examen" (= baccalaureate in english) you need 120 points an that means she has to have 10 more points

this is what it said about "kandidatexamen" on www.ne.se:

kandidatexamen, grundexamen vid universitet och högskola, specificerad efter fakultet (teologisk, juridisk, medicinsk och filosofisk). Kandidatexamen ersattes 1977 med högskoleexamen men återinfördes 1993 som benämning på en examen omfattande minst 120 poäng (3 års heltidsstudier) varav minst 10 poäng skall avse självständigt arbete (examensarbete). Juris kandidatexamen omfattar 180 poäng. (jfr filosofie kandidat, juris kandidat, medicine kandidat och teologie kandidat
Thank you, Yennie
So what could be her next goal at university? Sorry to say, but 6 terms of this and that + 10 "points" from a law course at an adult education center don´t seem to me like a full study (where you can get really deep knowledge in a field) Seeing this, I´m surprised, that it seemed impossible for Victoria to graduate from university as well.
Old 08-21-2005, 08:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
Thank you, Yennie
So what could be her next goal at university? Sorry to say, but 6 terms of this and that + 10 "points" from a law course at an adult education center don´t seem to me like a full study (where you can get really deep knowledge in a field) Seeing this, I´m surprised, that it seemed impossible for Victoria to graduate from university as well.
I dont think Victoria really graduated, as she was studing at Yale as a "special student". She never took any tests and therefor she shouldn´t have a degree at all. But I think she got some sort of diploma (not an "official one) when she left, I remember seeing the cermony at the headmasters office iin the yearly programme about the rf.

I think these are the degrees you can have in a university:
Magister, professor, kandidat (atleast 2 subjects and 60 points in the same one)
http://www.ne.se/jsp/search/article....15&i_history=1
perhaps someone with better english than mine can translate this, I dont know enough about "university english" :)
Old 08-24-2005, 11:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/royal_family/86712004.htm

Royal News 'Swedish Royal Children Slutty & Gay' - preacher

August 23, 2005, 12:48:13 Royal News: The Swedish Royal family has consulted lawyers after a fundamentalist preacher called the royal children "slutty and gay".

Fred Phelps, of the Wesrboro Baptist Church in Kansas, is well known for his homophobic website 'God Hates Fags'.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:37 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
More news from the Rev. Phelps

Minister of hate to "hunt down" Swedish king

http://www.thelocal.se/article.php?I...&date=20050825
Old 08-27-2005, 08:34 PM
Courtier

Really interesting. Victoria and Madleine are gay :) So they are into men? Whats wrong with that?
Old 08-28-2005, 05:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchainho

August 23, 2005, 12:48:13 Royal News: The Swedish Royal family has consulted lawyers after a fundamentalist preacher called the royal children "slutty and gay".

Fred Phelps, of the Wesrboro Baptist Church in Kansas, is well known for his homophobic website 'God Hates Fags'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
More news from the Rev. Phelps

Minister of hate to "hunt down" Swedish king

http://www.thelocal.se/article.php?I...&date=20050825
I thought that website mentioned above, "God hates..." was just a joke. This Fred Phelps certainly isn't a man of God. Why is he targeting Sweden for? I am shocked that there are people out there that claim to work for God, yet they spread these intolerant messages full of hate around. They shouldn't even allow him into Sweden! I think the Family should be very worried about this man.

Old 08-29-2005, 01:15 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle
I thought that website mentioned above, "God hates..." was just a joke. This Fred Phelps certainly isn't a man of God. Why is he targeting Sweden for? I am shocked that there are people out there that claim to work for God, yet they spread these intolerant messages full of hate around. They shouldn't even allow him into Sweden! I think the Family should be very worried about this man.
Well, he is largely targeting Sweden for its liberal social policies. Well, he is just in a long line of people who claim to be people of the cloth and yet who spread such messages.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Maybe Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg and her colleagues at the Royal Court are not only occasionally reading Ritva's message board and website, but also here on The Royal Forums... And this time particularly mine, and others, rants and complaints about the Royal Court's lousy website - because I just found this (translated from Swedish):

From http://www.webupdate.se

"The Royal Court new client
2005-01-12 | Webupdate has received the prestigious assignments to build the Palace's (wrong expression there) new website. The assignment included design, navigation, contents and structure and it's a big acknowledgement for Webupdate's creative team. The technical implementation will be done by another part. The website wil be delievered for the summer."

Wohooo! Now my hopes are sky high, but I'll try to brace myself and calm down, so that I don't get too excited and then disappointed.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:32 PM
Courtier

Talking Tanning

And maybe they will pass on the comments posted here to Princess Madeleine about too much tanning?!
Old 08-29-2005, 04:14 PM
Majesty

maybe our members want to give some ides on the poll we got about the court webbsite
Old 08-29-2005, 08:38 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchainho

This horrible man. I remember looking at his website 5 years ago where he had a photo of Mathew Shepherd - the gay American college student beaten to death in Washington State in the late 90's - superimposed in flames. If you clicked the photo, a voice purporting to be Shepherd's said, "For God's sake, listen to Phelps!" He supports picketing the funerals of gay hate-crimes victims because he says their families "frittered away" their chance to raise upstanding heterosexual Christians and, thus, their grief doesn't deserve to be respected.

This targeting the Swedish royal family is twisted. I'll be curious to see how this pans out. I don't remember why I was reading up on him then, but I haven't come across his name since. So maybe he's heading to a smaller country where it will be easier to drum up press.

Closed Thread

Tags
bernadotte, carl gustav, carl philip, crown princess victoria, current events, king carl xvi gustav, lilian, prince carl philip, princess birgitta, princess christina mrs magnusson, princess desiree, princess lilian, princess margaretha mrs ambler, queen silvia, silvia, swedish royal family, princess madeleine