Click image for larger version

Name:	b25.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	155762  

Old 06-06-2005, 12:56 PM
Courtier

Thumbs up Lilian

It is great to see Princess Lilian again. :)

Old 06-10-2005, 09:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Programme for the Swedish visit to Norway (translated by Larzen)

June 10
The Norwegian King and Queen, Crown Prince and Crown Princess arrives at Svinesund (me: i suppose the swedish royal arrives at the same time)

The King of Norway and The King of Sweden open the new Svinesund bridge between Norway and Sweden

The Norwegian Queen, the King and Queen of Sweden the Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Norway and The Crown Princess of Sweden visit Oslo Town Hall for a celebration meeting

The Norwegian Queen, the King and Queen of Sweden the Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Norway and The Crown Princess of Sweden visit the ship Götheborg at the Townhall Pier in Oslo

The Norwegian King and Queen, the King and Queen of Sweden the Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Norway and The Crown Princess of Sweden, Princess Märtha Louise, Princess Ragnhild and Princess Astrid takes part in the gala dinner at the palace

June 11
The Norwegian Queen, the King and Queen of Sweden the Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Norway and The Crown Princess of Sweden visit the open palace exhibition at Oscarshall

The Norwegian Queen, the King and Queen of Sweden the Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Norway and The Crown Princess of Sweden is present for the opening of the New Nobel Peace center

The Norwegian Queen, the King and Queen of Sweden the Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Norway and The Crown Princess of Sweden is present for the unveiling of the statue\bust of Torgny Segerstedt, Voksenåsen, Oslo

The King and Queen of Sweden offer a lunch to the King and Queen of Norway

To see and to post pictures please go to:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...098#post225098
Old 06-13-2005, 01:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

This calendar must be wrong :) Its linked from the front page (the text under the picture)

http://www.royalcourt.se/aktuellt/ka...77fff8319.html

The christening of Catherina Amalia?! That was a year ago

If you open the link "Kalender" and choose week 24, you get the real one...
Old 06-21-2005, 07:13 AM
Serene Highness

Do the royal family in holiday? Royalcourt-house hasn't Kalender for this week?
Old 06-22-2005, 09:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Se&Hör has a headline about quarreling princesses and (about that) shocked Royal parents. Is anyone willing to tell me more?
Even when I try now to think like a journalist, who is on the search for a lurid story, I simply can´t imagine on what this story should be based. Madeleine and Victoria looked peaceful and happy of late, they both have boyfriends, and both seem to share now (more than ever before) a similar view on life.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:40 AM
Serene Highness

Hallo Lena,
thanks for posting the pics from "Eastnews". Can you tell me the website from this agency? Many many thanks for help in advance, too.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
Se&Hör has a headline about quarreling princesses and (about that) shocked Royal parents. Is anyone willing to tell me more?
Even when I try now to think like a journalist, who is on the search for a lurid story, I simply can´t imagine on what this story should be based. Madeleine and Victoria looked peaceful and happy of late, they both have boyfriends, and both seem to share now (more than ever before) a similar view on life.
Its a about two other siblings, the King and his sister Birgitta. She refused to come to the family gathering at Sofiiero and Se&hör writes that this is not the first time the King is angry with his sister,.
A few years ago she "used" her name and title (she is the only one of the Haga sisters that are member of the royal house.you know what I mean? Its because she married a prince...) to promote magical bracelets that was to improve health, he forbid her to.
And the royal family aren´t that happy that Birgittas husband lives quite open with his secretary in Munich. Birgitta and Hansi are still legally married but hasn´t lived together for years
Old 06-23-2005, 10:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
Its a about two other siblings, the King and his sister Birgitta. She refused to come to the family gathering at Sofiiero and Se&hör writes that this is not the first time the King is angry with his sister,.
A few years ago she "used" her name and title (she is the only one of the Haga sisters that are member of the royal house.you know what I mean? Its because she married a prince...) to promote magical bracelets that was to improve health, he forbid her to.
And the royal family aren´t that happy that Birgittas husband lives quite open with his secretary in Munich. Birgitta and Hansi are still legally married but hasn´t lived together for years
Oh, I see...so I came a mucker again I should know it better...Se&Hör has always those headlines with a double meaning.
Has she protmoted those magic bracelets as "princess of Sweden" or as "princess of Hohenzollern".
I don´t think, that the king is really angry...probably Birgitta thought, that the wedding of Carl was more important...why going two times to Sweden (when one doesn´t like the rainy cold weather)
Old 06-24-2005, 07:37 PM
Commoner

I have a question.

A couple of times now, I have read the term "Haga"sisters/princesses.
What exactly does it mean?

Thanks,
Kathi
Old 06-24-2005, 07:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathi
I have a question.

A couple of times now, I have read the term "Haga"sisters/princesses.
What exactly does it mean?

Thanks,
Kathi
The term "Haga princesses/sisters" refers to the King's 4 sisters - Margaretha, Birgitta, Désirée and Christina. They all grew up at Haga Palace and were followed eagerly by the media all the time, enourmously loved and they become something like icons. In their days, they were constantly in the newspapers and magazines, books and all sort of mementos were made and written about them, and in the early days of television (which it was back then when they were really young) - the people seeing them so much on tv really made an impact and contributed to their iconic status. Still today we can see them as children every now and then on tv, when SVT shows old archive clips from the weekly journals. When they married they became quite anonymous, but one can still see them every now and then at big family happenings.

There are threads about them all, you can read more & see pictures there. Here are the links:

The Haga Princesses
Princess Désirée
Princess Christina
Princess Margaretha
Princess Birgitta
Old 07-09-2005, 02:24 PM
Heir Apparent

In accordance with our new policy regarding copyrighted material (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...931#post239931) - please remember:

- When posting pictures, provide the source for them
- When posting articles, only post the headline and the first lines of the story followed by a link to the article
- If you post an article in another language than English, provide a translation or a summary (entire articles may be posted if they are translated)

If you don’t know the language in the article you want translated, ask someone for help to summarize or translate.

Thank you for cooperation and respect for our policy

GrandDuchess, as Super Moderator
Old 07-10-2005, 01:10 AM
Commoner

thanks grandduchess,
thanks also for the links.

kathi
Old 07-19-2005, 11:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Earlier today Madeleine and her mother went for a walk at Solliden.

Looks like its bad weather on Öland. Or perhaps the umbrella is to be used as a shelter from the paparazzis :)

from Face to face
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	00709106.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	170716   Click image for larger version

Name:	00709107.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	170717   Click image for larger version

Name:	00709108.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	177.0 KB
ID:	170718   Click image for larger version

Name:	00709109.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	170719  

Old 07-19-2005, 06:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Earlier today Madeleine and her mother went for a walk at Solliden.

Looks like its bad weather on Öland. Or perhaps the umbrella is to be used as a shelter from the paparazzis :)

from Face to face
Or its intended as replacement for a walking stick
Old 07-20-2005, 06:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Aftonbladet met Madeleine and Silvia on Öland yesterday

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/kvinna...675004,00.html

On Öland, mother and daughter finally have time for eachother.
"We like to spend time together. Its important to do things together" says Silvia.
Its during the summers, the royals have time to be together and go on small trips around Öland. The interest for the royals are big and the family are use to the attention but lately the pressure from foreign media has increased.
"This year there have been both german and danish press hiding in the bushes. Ofcourse I´m a bit tired of it, but its nice when one does this way, approaches and asks first"
Then the queen reveals that she is a fan of magaznes such as Hello! and Hola!.
"I like them. They have beautiful pictures and writes in a nice way without hurting anyone, says Silvia.
Both Madeleine and Silvia describes Solliden as a real summer paradise
"Yes, we like Öland and its nice to be here and to be able to relax", Madeleine says.
Yesterday they went for a walk to Borgholm Castle to see the exhibition The third Global Art Glass Triennial".
"It was very beautilful items, you must go and have a look. The sculptures reminded me of the art in the Ice hotel, Silvia said.
Attached Images

Old 07-20-2005, 11:36 PM
Royal Highness

One brown lady

Quote:
Aftonbladet met Madeleine ... on Öland yesterday
Its at least the fourth year I see her such.

Hope she doesn't - in later years - do a 'copy job' of the ... attached pic.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PICT0150.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	184.9 KB
ID:	171236  
Old 07-21-2005, 02:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

ew, that photo is disgusting! Lets hope we´ll never see Madeleine looking like that...

However, it can be very different how dark you skin get. Some people are sensitive and burns easily while others get colour very fast and without getting burned. And I think her blonde hair and natural colours makes it look "more" than it really is. Look at Victoria, she has completely different "colours" and a different type of tan...

three more photos of Madeleine and Silvia from Borgholm Castle, taken on july 19

from Fotomarktplatz
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	s1.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	171413   Click image for larger version

Name:	s2.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	171414   Click image for larger version

Name:	s3.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	171415  
Old 07-21-2005, 02:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrhcp
Hope she doesn't - in later years - do a 'copy job' of the ... attached pic.
The Thursday before the Canada Day longweekend our Advertising Director sent around an e-mail with that (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=171236) image wishing us all a "Happy long weekend -- but not like this." It was enough to make me grab my sunblock and my self-tanning solution rather than go for some colour the natural way as I had planned!

I really do hope that as Madeleine seems to have a deep golden tan in the middle of January that she doesn't end up like this woman whose skin makes me want to throw up my lunch.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:23 PM
Courtier

Exclamation Tan

Princess Madeleine certainly is very brown! If she heads down to somewhere like St Tropez or another hot climate before the summer is out she'll be even browner!

Tags
bernadotte, carl gustav, carl philip, crown princess victoria, current events, king carl xvi gustav, lilian, prince carl philip, princess birgitta, princess christina mrs magnusson, princess desiree, princess lilian, princess margaretha mrs ambler, queen silvia, silvia, swedish royal family, princess madeleine