The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 06:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Why are you so sure that the press would have been invited? I think it´s ok, that she expresses her feelings, instead of "standing" the party, but feeling bad.
It would be much worse, if she wouldn´t want the party, because she doesn´t get along with her family.
But I understand, that you´re disappointed. Maybe we would have gotten pictures from the outside of the hotel.

Old 10-16-2004, 06:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
Margaretha and her husband, John Ambler, live separate lives since many years.
how come ?

Old 10-16-2004, 06:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrhcp
how come ?
Yes, this is something I also wonder about. Princess Margaretha and princess Birgitta have very strange marriages (if we can still call it "marriage"). I always feel so sad for them. For some reasons they don´t want to get divorced, but on the other hand they can´t move on...
Old 10-16-2004, 08:38 PM
Royal Highness

Is the Swed. royal family this boring. If they had a male heir it wouldn't be
Old 10-16-2004, 09:57 PM
Courtier

Why would having a male heir to the throne make it "not boring"? Actually, I think that they're "boring" because it means that they're not as scandalous as their fellow royals around Europe.
Old 10-16-2004, 10:14 PM
Heir Apparent

I think concerning scandals they don´t differ much from the other european Royals (well, maybe Great Britain excluded...and Monaco..but that´s no kingdom). The swedish RF is just on a boring stage now. Just think of the times when all the crown princes weren´t married. Of course when a female Royal watcher had a crush on a crown prince (or the idea of being crown princess and later queen) she has followed his life. But on the whole they (and their siblings) all weren´t more interesting or boring than the swedish Royal "children" today. I´m sure as soon as they start to marry and to get children, there more ppl get interested.
Old 10-17-2004, 02:31 AM
Royal Highness

If carl was the crown prince then his love life would be under speculation and thta is always interesting. Sorry, but a girl's love life is not that interesting. but it is sad cuz Carl really is not that interesting anyways
Old 10-17-2004, 03:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
Is the Swed. royal family this boring.
I totally disagree with you. The Swedish Royal Family is one of the least scandalous Royal Houses (generally I think all the three Scandinavian Royal Houses are less scandalous) - maybe you think that's what's boring. I think the Swedish Royal Family sets a good example when it comes to a lot of things, not the least how good friends they all are with each other. Personally, I wouldn't mind a bit more pomp and circumstance every now and then, but we can't have it all...Many of the European Royal Families has had engagements, weddings and baptisms these past years - which means there's been a lot of big celebrations in those countries. But when it goes back to normal, I would say that most Royal Families live their daily lives quite similarly to each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
If carl was the crown prince then his love life would be under speculation and thta is always interesting. Sorry, but a girl's love life is not that interesting. but it is sad cuz Carl really is not that interesting anyways
I couldn't disagree with you more. I think all royals love lives are interesting, not matter if they're heir or spare - male of female . And I agree with Lena, before Europe's Crown Princes met their wife’s, they were not any more interesting than the Swedish royal children are today. There were rather some small crisis situations, and many were worried for their futures. Of course now they all have lovely wife’s and almost all of them little families of their own - and have all matured and taken on their roles in an excellent way.

What do you mean "a girl's love life is not that interesting"? Does this mean that in the future - you will have no interest for the love lives of Princess Elisabeth of Belgium (future Queen of Belgium), Princess Catharina-Amalia (future Queen of the Netherlands) or Princess Ingrid Alexandra (future Queen of Norway)?
Old 10-18-2004, 06:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Sorry, but a girl's love life is not that interesting. but it is sad cuz Carl really is not that interesting anyways
whats the difference between a boys love life and a girls love life?! It takes two to have one you know :)
Old 10-22-2004, 04:48 PM
Heir Apparent

So a week (actually even 12 days...) off for Victoria. Could this mean, that she´s spending her time with Daniel on a hot and sunny place, with many beaches right now
Wonder how the muscleman looks in bathing shorts
Old 10-23-2004, 05:08 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian
I have been studying this royal family for some time now and i just have to post this. I would like to say that they are the family that gives royalty a good name, same with Denmark but this one inparticular. They are down-to-earth and seem to be considerate people. They seem very close and Sweden is very lucky to have them
Very well, said. They certainly do. And no, they are not boring.
Old 10-23-2004, 07:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
whats the difference between a boys love life and a girls love life?! It takes two to have one you know :)
Well said. :p

Old 11-01-2004, 11:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Pictures from earlier today when the King, Queen and Crown Princess welcomed the delegates for the Nordic Council's Session in Stockholm this week for a luncheon at the Royal Palace:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FMP-01-11-2401064.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	52844   Click image for larger version

Name:	FMP-01-11-2404064.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	52845   Click image for larger version

Name:	FMP-01-11-2405064.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	52846   Click image for larger version

Name:	FMP-01-11-2407064.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	52847  

Old 11-01-2004, 12:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for the new pictures, GrandDuchess.
Wow, what a big rose. Even though the outfits of the queen and the crown princess are similar, the queen is again a bit more stylish.
Old 11-01-2004, 03:52 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
A big rose indeed. Lovely pair there for a good cause as well.
Old 11-01-2004, 10:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Two more from today
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	black1.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	52910   Click image for larger version

Name:	black2.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	52911  
Old 11-01-2004, 10:20 PM
Heir Apparent

A very nice suit on Victoria (even if it is in black -- again). The cut and fit is very nice on Victoria and that always scores fashion points.

... But am I the only one who has an overwhelming urge to run up to Victoria wielding a pair of scissors to lop off that pony tail of hers? How smart and professional (and a chnage of pace!) would it have been if Victoria had pulled her hair back in a low bun for this occasion?

Poll idea: What would it take on this earth for Victoria to stop wearing those annoying, sporty ponytails to professional events? Pigs flying? Flowers blooming up through 6 inches of snow and ice? Me giving up chocolate?
Old 11-02-2004, 01:26 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
... But am I the only one who has an overwhelming urge to run up to Victoria wielding a pair of scissors to lop off that pony tail of hers?
alas ... we are few and far in between. :(

Quote:
Poll idea: What would it take on this earth for Victoria to stop wearing those annoying, sporty ponytails to professional events?
Pigs flying?
Nope.
Quote:
.... 6 inches of snow
It snowed here today ...... what do the pics of her for Nov. 02 show ?
Quote:
Me giving up chocolate?
inviting a smart alect comment ?
... YYYYYYyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss !!!!!!!!!!! :)
Old 11-02-2004, 01:37 AM
Royal Highness

Geezzz.. I did not know my comments would stir up alot. I just don't care about a girls love life I guess since I am a girl. I guess I just like the idea of a prince dating, searching, and finding his Cinderella. And I totally don't mean that a RF has to be scandalous to be interesting. No way. I hate scandals esp. the ones in the British RF. It is just that the Swedish RF is so hum-drum. I guess some pomp and circumstance woudl do alot of good. WHen is the Noble Peace Awards coming on. Will it be on the internet?
Old 11-02-2004, 06:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
Two more from today
Left hand side looks like at the army... :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrhcp
alas ... we are few and far in between. :(

Nope.
It snowed here today ...... what do the pics of her for Nov. 02 show ?
inviting a smart alect comment ?
... YYYYYYyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss !!!!!!!!!!! :)
Maybe hrhcp needs some service!

Closed Thread

Tags
bernadotte, carl gustav, carl philip, crown princess victoria, current events, king carl xvi gustav, lilian, prince carl philip, princess birgitta, princess christina mrs magnusson, princess desiree, princess lilian, princess margaretha mrs ambler, queen silvia, silvia, swedish royal family, princess madeleine