The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2004, 04:01 PM
Courtier

birthdays?

Old 09-18-2004, 04:10 PM
Majesty

anything that are celebrated officily
natinal day name days and so
do you got other dates that should go in the calander (dates that are the same every year) just post them and i will put them in the calander

Old 09-19-2004, 10:32 AM
Courtier

The days that are listed in the almanack (sorry about my spelling...) in connection with the royal family is:

- 28 january (the kings namesday)

- 12 march (the crown princess namesday)

- 30 april (the kings birthday)

- 6 june (the national day, sort of royal)

- 14 july (the crown princess birthday)

- 8 august (the queens namesday)

- 6 november (gustav adolfs day)

- 10 december (the nobel day, sort of royal)

- 23 december (the queens birthday)

that was all the flag days with royal interest that i found
Old 09-19-2004, 11:17 AM
Gentry

13 May (prince Carl Philip's birthday)
10 june (princess Madeleine's birthday)

oh and not to forget...
19 June (the king and the queen's weddingday)
Old 09-19-2004, 06:34 PM
Courtier

What about the 15th of September?
Old 09-19-2004, 08:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixer2002de
What about the 15th of September?
Daniel Westling´s birthday celebrated officially...hmm, I like the idea :p (ETW: "We´ve decided that this day a parade will take place for a member of the Royal household, who isn´t officially a member, but who is for the crown princess as important as tanning-lotion for princess Madeleine"

Of course I know what else happened on the 15 th of September 1973 (ETW celebrated her 23th birthday...and the king of Sweden became king of Sweden )

Queen Silvia and cp Victoria opened 2 exhibitions in Athens: Design for everybody und Fun for challenged kids
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ex1.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	41805   Click image for larger version

Name:	ex2.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	41806   Click image for larger version

Name:	ex3.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	41807   Click image for larger version

Name:	ex4.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	41808  

Old 09-23-2004, 08:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Baroness Tina de Geer af Finspång, daughter of Princess Désirée Baroness Silfverschiöld, gave birth to her third child on 16 September. Congratulations to her and her husband - and to grandmother Désirée!
Old 09-24-2004, 11:57 AM
Nobility

Why does Prince Carl Philip not have any official engagments? Does he ever?
Old 09-24-2004, 01:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Carl Philip and Princess Madeleine has had and will continuously have very few official engagements during their studies. Princess Madeleine has done a few things the past years, and also Prince Carl Philip - although Princess Madeleine has done more. After their studies, I think it's expected and planned for them to become more active. This is being prepared now in October when H.R.H. The Crown Princess' Household is formed - it will be responsible for the two of them as well as the Crown Princess.
Old 09-24-2004, 01:22 PM
Heir Apparent

I wouldn´t agree completely, that princess Madeleine did more in the last couple of years (since the beginning of their studies). Her official duties were only better covered of the press. But I´m sure, if we would count their official duties, it would be pretty much the same (maybe even prince Carl Philip would be in the lead)
Old 09-24-2004, 02:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
(maybe even prince Carl Philip would be in the lead)
Then why don't we hear about it. It seems like the press forgets about him, or is that just me?
Old 09-24-2004, 03:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by robby86
Then why don't we hear about it. It seems like the press forgets about him, or is that just me?
It´s not just you...they really "forget" him and it´s a shame! Probably he´s happy that the magazines don´t report about his private life, but I doubt that he´s also happy about the non-existing reports about his work for the Monarchy.
I´ve now counted all Royal engagements of prince Carl Philip and princess Madeleine since the beginning of the year 2003 until now (when there were state visits or Royal weddings I´ve counted them as one engagement, even when they lasted more than one day):

Carl Philip: solo engagements 16 - engagements with family members 27

Madeleine: solo engagements 7 - engagements with family members 22

Quite a surprising result!
Old 09-24-2004, 03:45 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
Prince Carl Philip and Princess Madeleine has had and will continuously have very few official engagements during their studies. Princess Madeleine has done a few things the past years, and also Prince Carl Philip - although Princess Madeleine has done more. After their studies, I think it's expected and planned for them to become more active. This is being prepared now in October when H.R.H. The Crown Princess' Household is formed - it will be responsible for the two of them as well as the Crown Princess.
What is H.R.H. The Crown Princess Household. I have never heard of this before. Thanks
Old 09-24-2004, 04:11 PM
Heir Apparent

On the first of October the crown princess will get her own household. Her mentor Elisabeth Tarras Wahlberg will be chief of this new household and gets the title "Marshall"...Susanne Franchell (who has worked in the department for foreign affairs) will become her secretary.
This household will also deal with matters around prince Carl Philip and princess Madeleine.
I guess this change is more organizational, but less financial (or does anyone know, if she will get her own apanage from the state and an own website??). Probably Victoria will move into a new office and she will get more help with her work in the office.
Old 09-25-2004, 05:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy2
What is H.R.H. The Crown Princess Household. I have never heard of this before. Thanks
From my earlier post on the subject of H.R.H. The Crown Princess' Household:

A press release from the Royal Court today states the news that from 1 October 2004, the Royal Court will have a new department: HRH The Crown Princess' Household!

The Household will bear the responsibility for the co-ordination and implementation of Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Carl Philip and Princess Madeleine's business.

Head of Crown Princess Victoria's Household will be Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg, who thereby becomes Marshall. Secretary will be Susanne Franchell who comes from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Temporary new head of the Information and Press Department will be Information Secretary Ann-Christine Jernberg, who will divide the work within the department, work with press business dealing with the Royal Palaces and parks, and also be responsible for the website. The press contacts for the Royal Family will be taken care of by Information Secretaries Catherine Broms and Morgan Gerle (new appointment to him).

Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg will from now on be a special adviser to the Royal Family in communication matters, and will also keep the responsibility of the co-ordination of the speech writing for Their Majesties The King and Queen.

Quote:
I guess this change is more organizational, but less financial (or does anyone know, if she will get her own apanage from the state and an own website??). Probably Victoria will move into a new office and she will get more help with her work in the office.
I think it's mainly organizational, since they've been planning for something like this for some time now... This sort of "breaks out" the three royal children from the offices of The King and Queen, and they will get their own little staff that will take care of their business. I don't think the Crown Princess will get her own apanage, although I think she should - but I guess it's not the tradition.... But I think she should get one, since she does so much work..
Old 09-25-2004, 10:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Will Victoria get her own apanage as soon as she´s married?
Old 09-25-2004, 12:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Will Victoria get her own apanage as soon as she´s married?
I don't really know how this will be handled, since it will be a quite new situation to the Royal House for a while... I think she should get one, but I guess it will not be descided until when that day comes...
Old 10-03-2004, 03:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Excellent Family

I have been studying this royal family for some time now and i just have to post this. I would like to say that they are the family that gives royalty a good name, same with Denmark but this one inparticular. They are down-to-earth and seem to be considerate people. They seem very close and Sweden is very lucky to have them
Old 10-03-2004, 09:32 AM
Commoner

You`re right. They are normal, just like anybody else. That's the reason, that i like them very much.
Old 10-16-2004, 06:18 PM
Heir Apparent

This is something that has made me a bit upset… This was supposed to be one of the few times we would see the Haga Princesses and the Royal Family's kin reunited for a big occasion together – but now it all comes to nothing! What are you thinking Princess Margaretha, Mrs Ambler?!

My translation of the very upsetting article from Svensk Damtidning:

It all came to nothing – because of the Haga Princess’ shyness.
Princess Margaretha turned down younger brother The King’s lavish birthday gift!

In a few weeks Princess Margaretha, Mrs Ambler will turn 70 years old. The idea was that younger brother The King was going to give a big party. Everything was planned. The invitations had been mailed and the royal siblings and their families were looking forward to meeting and celebrate Margaretha on her big day. The King had booked an elegant hotel outside London were all the siblings were to stay and were the party was to be held. It was his birthday present to his big sister.

But Princess Margaretha has turned it down. She absolutely doesn’t want to be celebrated or courted on her birthday. She is very shy and reserved and cannot imagine being at the centre of everyone’s attention.

This has to be respected by family, but the disappointment is big. Everyone invited had already accepted. The siblings don’t see much of each other and everyone had been looking forward to a big family meeting.

The King, of course, also thinks it’s a pity. He is the one sibling who has the most contact with Margaretha. He is very generous to her and invites her to Solliden every summer, where she gladly goes. She has always loved Solliden, and to her it adds a golden touch to be able to spend a few summer weeks on Öland.

Margaretha will probably celebrate her birthday with her children and grandchildren. It is they who these days bring joy to her life. Daughter Sybilla lives in Munich and has two children, Madeleine and Sebastian. Grandmother Margaretha often visits. Her oldest son Edward lives in the English countryside and has one daughter, Siena Rose. Her youngest son has one daughter, Lily, who will turn 2 in February.

Margaretha and her husband, John Ambler, live separate lives since many years.

Tags
bernadotte, carl gustav, carl philip, crown princess victoria, current events, king carl xvi gustav, lilian, prince carl philip, princess birgitta, princess christina mrs magnusson, princess desiree, princess lilian, princess margaretha mrs ambler, queen silvia, silvia, swedish royal family, princess madeleine