The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 07:36 PM
Commoner

Anything new on Daniel? There doesn't seem to have been anything written or reported on him for quite a while.

Old 11-16-2008, 01:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Aftonbladet has today a story about wealthy financiers and business men pouring money into Daniel´s businesses to save them. Last time ~1.4 mio EURO.
They say Master Training had last year a profit of ~83000 EUR. And as it seems there is no profit through the other big public gym (BALANCE)
Aftonbladet hadn´t figures though for this one. And in January a new BALANCE gym would get opened in Solna...

According to sources those business men would just help Daniel, because of his Royal connections.
Westling räddad –*av sitt nätverk | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

I won´t say, what I really think...

Old 11-20-2008, 01:50 AM
Nobility

I wonder if the (possible rumored) decline of his businesses will help or hinder an engagement? I'm not sure if he's the type that would distance himself from Victoria and posisbly break up with her if it happened, or if he would cling to his relationship and cling to to the idea of taking on a new "profession" as a prince.

I know it's a pretty sad topic, and I hope that the press is just speculating, but it's just a thought of mne.

Old 11-21-2008, 02:49 PM
Heir Apparent

does this article say about a possible new relation of victoria?
Billed-Bladet - Victorias nye mand
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-21-2008, 03:12 PM
Commoner

It says that a new courtmarshal, Jörgen Lindström, has been hired in place of Elisabet Tarras Wahlberg. He is a 38 year old career diplomat.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Here is the hp to the hotel project in Brazil´s west, Daniel would be part of.
http://www.pratigiresort.com/index.asp
All part owners would get their own villa.
All together the complex would be out of approx. 200 buildings. Quite an investment...and quite daring, I might say (an other Swedish business man had failed with a similiar project some years ago)
And is it just me, who is shuddering at the thought, that Victoria and Herr/Count/Duke/Prince Daniel would holiday there and are meant as "running ad" for the hotel...
Old 11-23-2008, 07:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

No it's not just you.
The investment in this project (with its less than re-assuring website) moves him another step further away from the Prince Consort role, and by now I hope it will result in a long-term complete removal from the scene.
Westling is a very small 'entrepreneur' with his gyms not making enough money, and it's highly likely that he would neither be able to invest in this oversized resort project nor been given a 1.4 million Euro loan for his business if it wasn't for his Royal prestige as the Crown Princess's boyfriend.
It smacks of him expanding his business instead of downsizing it in preperation for a Royal role, and more importantly:
It absolutely looks like him using her to the best of his advantage, which I don't like one bit.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:09 AM
Aristocracy

On the website it is said that it is planed to be opend in 2010! So if there will be a wedding between Daniel and Victoria probably not before 2011!
Old 11-23-2008, 10:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvia❦CarlGustaf View Post
On the website it is said that it is planed to be opend in 2010! So if there will be a wedding between Daniel and Victoria probably not before 2011!
Well, I guess Mr. Catenacci, this slimeball, wouldn´t mind a wedding.
He is a big restaurant owner in Sthlm and his Nobis group is main investor of the hotel project, he is also one of the biggest investors to Daniel´s gyms.

And he had said of late...
Quote:
Jag och kungen har få saker gemensamt. Men en av dem är att varken han eller jag gillade Daniel Westling från början. I dag vill vi båda se honom som mannen vid Victorias sida.
Quote:
Me and the king don´t have much in common. But one thing is, that neither him, nor me did like Daniel Westling from the beginning. These days we both wanna see him as husband/man on Victoria´s side

Firstly as friend he shouldn´t say things like that (The king didn´t like him)...secondly I can´t help thinking, he wanna see Daniel married to the crown princess, so that he can market the hotels with them in a safe way.
For his own good...I am hoping Daniel will hop off.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hop off the hotel mess or the CP?
It's a bad enough sign already that even the idea comes up how wedding plans might depend on the progress of some construction site in Brazil... how very appropriate, and romantic, and caring.
During the past couple of years, this relationship only seemed to be running out of steam, but right now it begins to look like a real dead end street.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel Westling stops after work at a gas station to buy some magazines on the 21th November:
Belga
Belga
Old 11-23-2008, 02:58 PM
Commoner

CP Victoria appears to really like him. Maybe Daniel has a nice personality and provides the normalcy that she seeks after a day of being royal.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:27 PM
Aristocracy

There hasn't been a picture of him and Victoria together in a long time.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:11 PM

Maybe they're just keeping a low profile before the big announcement, a la Wills & Kate?

Old 12-15-2008, 01:20 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post
Maybe they're just keeping a low profile before the big announcement, a la Wills & Kate?
Maybe they have already split and are not seen together as a couple for that reason, a la Wills & Kate?
Old 12-15-2008, 02:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, there had not been pix of them together for about 5 months.
In Catarina Hurtig´s blog ,she was recently reporting about them having been seen in a bakery in the south of Stockholm.
And in an other blog, one can read.
Swedish-Spanish rockmom: Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden
If this is true, she seems to set spurs to him

In January an other gym will open...and he had consulted Bild & Runsten, which is providing education on finances and economy (the chicas at Svensk Damtidning had called that "Prince school" )
So it doesn´t look as if entrepreneur Westling would give up...his businesses...and his free life...and such.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Indeed. The recent expansion of his business (based on loans given to him on the basis of amazingly small profits and an amazingly profitable Royal prestige only, as it seems) does not point towards him becoming a Royal Prince of the House of Bernadotte anytime soon.
Neither does his investment in a luxury holiday resort to be built in Brazil.
So all in all, these days Mr. Westling seems to do everything BUT prepare for a role as consort to the Crown Princess of Sweden.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Indeed. The recent expansion of his business (based on loans given to him on the basis of amazingly small profits and an amazingly profitable Royal prestige only, as it seems) does not point towards him becoming a Royal Prince of the House of Bernadotte anytime soon.
Neither does his investment in a luxury holiday resort to be built in Brazil.
So all in all, these days Mr. Westling seems to do everything BUT prepare for a role as consort to the Crown Princess of Sweden.
Exactly. It´s so ironic...and annoying. He is listed as 3rd or 4th in the list of the investors to the Pratigi Resort (hotel project in Brazil)
At the same time the main investor of the resort (Nobis group) is pumping high sums into the gym business. So high likely Mr.W does not have high sums to invest into the hotel project (anything else would surprise. Gyms are no gold mines)

It´s obvious to everyone with more than 5 brain cells...he is part of the project, because of his connections.

Here also the statement of Alessandro Catenacci (man behind the Nobis group) is fitting (see above)

A man with backbone would have separated or would have married her a long time ago.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

...which would actually make me vote for 'I hope they will never marry' in the poll that's currently running AGAIN - if there was such an option.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
...which would actually make me vote for 'I hope they will never marry' in the poll that's currently running AGAIN - if there was such an option.
Tja Boris...but as it seems, it´s only us holding this opinion.
And in autumn 2009 Marengo would open the next poll