The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 07:14 PM
Aristocracy

I wonder would the couple announce their engagment when this topic is heading to Part 20?

Old 05-18-2008, 08:30 PM
Aristocracy

Any time before part 49 comes would be good.

Old 05-21-2008, 04:15 AM
Courtier

Seeing as Joachim and Marie's wedding is a private occasion and not a state occasion, I was wondering if Daniel will go with Victoria to the wedding?

Stellad
Old 05-21-2008, 12:11 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellad View Post
Seeing as Joachim and Marie's wedding is a private occasion and not a state occasion, I was wondering if Daniel will go with Victoria to the wedding?

Stellad

I don't think so, because the wedding is on the agenda in the royal engagement diary on the website of the royalcourt! It would be nice but it is very improbably! I think they will attend an official engagement together but not before they are official engaged.

I hope for a engagement soon, but it's their own thing and they have to decide if they are ready to get married.

Old 05-21-2008, 12:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

According to the swedish newspapers, Victoria will go to the wedding alone, without Daniel.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Arbetarbladet/Daniel gick på barndomsvännens bröllop
Daniel Westling attented yesterday the wedding of his childhood friend, Magnus Åstrand at the Lingbo Church in Ockelbo. The article speculates why Victoria wasn´t with him. The reporters didn´t know, that Victoria was yesterday in Belgium at the baptism of princess Eleonore.
Old 06-15-2008, 03:27 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Arbetarbladet/Daniel gick på barndomsvännens bröllop
Daniel Westling attented yesterday the wedding of his childhood friend, Magnus Åstrand at the Lingbo Church in Ockelbo. The article speculates why Victoria wasn´t with him. The reporters didn´t know, that Victoria was yesterday in Belgium at the baptism of princess Eleonore.

Stupid reporters... They should have done some facts checking before making assumptions. Most people don't know about the christening and will think there's some trouble in the relationship of Victoria and Daniel. Well, this does remind us not to believe everything we read!
Stupid reporters...
Old 06-16-2008, 11:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel Westling arrives with two friends to the wedding between his childhood friend Magnus Astrand and Anna Olausson last Saturday. The wedding ceremony was held at Lingbo church outside Ockelbo.
ANP Beeldbank
Old 06-17-2008, 07:27 PM
Courtier

How funny, one of my uncles lives near Ockelbo and we celebrated his 50th birthday in the yellow house next to the church that you see in the pictures. The last place i would have imagen to ever see paparazzis...
Old 07-02-2008, 12:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria and Daniel were shopping in Bollnäs yesterday. Victoria had jeans, sweatshirt and sunglasses. Behind her and Daniel there walked a couple of guards. Victoria and Daniel got quite a lot attention during their shopping trip.
"There´s the crown princess", whispered many people of Bollnäs.
Ljusnan/Kronprinsessan shoppade i Bollnäs
Old 07-04-2008, 05:16 AM
Serene Highness

On 1st July, 2008 Daniel Westling did change the address to Drottningholm.

Where are the information and pics of the move with private things? Or was the action only on paper?
Old 07-17-2008, 11:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Expressen/Här tvingas Daniel smyga
Expressen has a photo of Victoria, Daniel and Victoria´s cousin Thomas Sommerlath at an early powerwalk - seven o´clock in the morning outside the Solliden castle area.
The story tells that Victoria and Daniel both knew that it would have been impossible for Daniel to accompany Victoria to her birthday celebrations. The King has accepted Daniel as Victoria´s boyfriend, but he wouldn´t have allowed Daniel to come to the party. Victoria would have never asked a permission for that, neither would have Daniel. The story says that Victoria and Daniel are frustrated, they love each other.
Jenny Alexandersson about this in her blog:
Svensk Damtidning/Jennys Kungliga Blogg

Expressen/Johan T Lindwall: Sluta larva dig kungen - låt Victoria visa kärleken
Johan T Lindwall writes in Expressen that the King should stop being stupid and let Victoria show her love openly. Lindwall writes that although the King has accepted Daniel, he is very, very conservative and it would be impossible for Victoria and Daniel to go together to an official event before they are engaged. Lindwall writes that the King should show his acceptance of Daniel in public and show it to the people in Sweden by letting them get engaged.

Photos of Victoria and Daniel on a powerwalk with Thomas Sommerlath
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Old 07-17-2008, 06:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Personally speaking I don't understand why Victoria wouldn't ask the King for Daniel to attend her birthday. Does the article mean the public celebrations of her party like the concert or a private event?
Old 07-17-2008, 08:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Daniel has no reason to attend an official event - no more than you or me. He has been included in private events including CP Frederik's birthday party. I seriously doubt either Victoria or Daniel are having any issues with the attendance of Daniel. They understand the context. I fully agree with the way the royal family is handling the whole thing.
The time will come when Daniel will attend - that will be once he is part of the royal family - not before.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

I still wonder what do the King and the Queen still hold out for. It would be interesting to know exactly what is delaying the announcement, if there is going to be one.
If Silvia Sommerlath was good enough for King CG in 1976 why isn't Daniel good for their daughter in 2008?
Old 07-17-2008, 09:54 PM
Heir Apparent

She is 31 ! If she wants to get babies, she shouldn't wait till 40 !
Old 07-17-2008, 11:09 PM
Gentry

I think its funny everyone jumps to conclusions about the parents not wanting them to get married. Maybe, for whatever reason, Daniel and Victoria are not ready to be married. IMO she was still taking classes and he is expanding his business so my guess is maybe they won't till they decide they want kids.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:31 PM
Serene Highness

I do wonder myself if it is the King that is holding back this marriage. Just maybe Daniel is the one not sure about being "just the husband of the Queen". I have to feel that is a hard position to be in and takes a really special [very self assured] male. Otherwise it could be very depressing to the poor man. Have any of Daniel's friends ever let a hint out about Daniel on this subject?
Old 07-18-2008, 12:09 AM
Majesty

If he is willing to move and live "on-site" I don't see the problem. I mean, they are "sort of" living together, because if they actually aren't, lots of people are getting the wrong idea. Being "semi-shacked-up" after all this time is not a desirable position for a Crown Princess.

Since Daniel has been with her for so many years (more than a lot of married couples) isn't time to make a decision . . . . . any decision? The way things are make CP Victoria look like a chronic procrastinator, not a good look for the future Queen!

Worse, if the King is blamed, people will just think he is putting off the marriage until she is too old to have an heir and it will revert to her brother.

Neither options bode well for confidence in the future of the Royal Family.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

I read from Svensk Damtidning, that Daniel has met inofficially almost all relatives of Victoria in Sweden, Germany and Brazil. The reporters of Svensk Damtidning are very convinced that the King and the Queen nowadays are very fond of Daniel.

Jenny Alexandersson writes in her blog, that Daniel´s father is going to retire in the beginning of next year.
Svensk Damtidning/Jennys Kungliga Blogg

Closed Thread

Tags
crown princess victoria, current events, daniel westling, relationships