Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling, Current Events Part 5: April 2007 - Sept 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Daniel has been with her for so many years (more than a lot of married couples) isn't time to make a decision . . . . . any decision? The way things are make CP Victoria look like a chronic procrastinator, not a good look for the future Queen!

Worse, if the King is blamed, people will just think he is putting off the marriage until she is too old to have an heir and it will revert to her brother.

Exactly...
...Victoria seems like an immature teenie
...the king and queen like two ppl, who can´t stand the idea of their baby growing up (at the birthday party the king was asking the ppl to help "Pappa" and "Mamma" to sing a birthday song for Victoria :rolleyes:)
...additionally there are many ppl, who are believing, that the king is an arrogant snob, because he doesn´t allow his daughter to marry the gym owner.
...Daniel seems like a macho with too high testosterone levels...and like someone, who can´t go behind a woman. With all the stories about bad gym profits, he seems like a person, who got lost in greed.
...and the Victoria&Daniel love story had lost all potential for a big story of romance a long time ago.

Many might not agree...but one thing is clear...most ppl, who watch the SRF are tired of this same old same old game. Nearly all reporters actually wanted to know, how things are with Daniel and nothing about the birthday itself.

I think that if Daniel would have been a man, who can´t go behind a woman, he couldn´t have behaved so well and correctly during all these years. He has been very discreet and loyal to the royal family during these six years.

the king and queen like two ppl, who can´t stand the idea of their baby growing up (at the birthday party the king was asking the ppl to help "Pappa" and "Mamma" to sing a birthday song for Victoria )

I don't know which words he should have used instead when refering to his daughter at her birthday. In swedish the word for Father is Pappa and the word for Mother is Mamma.

I think that if Daniel would have been a man, who can´t go behind a woman, he couldn´t have behaved so well and correctly during all these years. He has been very discreet and loyal to the royal family during these six years.

IMO "discretion" and "not being able to stand behing a woman" are two completely different pairs of shoes!
Was Prince Philip ever really disloyal and babbled in detail about the weird unhappy marriages of his children? Or what about Prince Claus...did he arrange a serie of intimate interviews to BUNTE before his marriage to Beatrix.
Nonetheless both have/had problems with their roles in the shadow.
To me it would actually speak more for him being a true shadow-lover, if he would have been a tad more indiscreet and would have e.g. like Jonas Bergström said, that he would be very proud of his Royal girlfriend. But naaaa, it´s impossible to get some friendly polite phrases out of him on her.
And usually he is running ahead of her...as one could e.g. see in this video, which was done before Frederik´s birthday party.

Further one actually can also not say, that he was sooo well behaved always. It´s known, that he had shouted "idioter" at the press or even put his middle finger up. Thanks god (for him!) the Swedish press didn´t make a fuss around that, but just mentioned it in "side notes"...years later.
The thing, that one can give him is, that he is now friendlier...so one could say he is able to learn...

I don't know which words he should have used instead when refering to his daughter at her birthday. In swedish the word for Father is Pappa and the word for Mother is Mamma.
I am of course aware of that...even though the Swedish press still gives me little chills, when I am reading those terms (Mamma, Pappa) in connections with crimes committed by parents to their children...E.g. Pappa dödade hela sin familj...Or E.g Josef Fritzl was also called "Pappa" in the Swedish press. In German the word "Papa" is an intimate word, that you would use in family surroundings. And for other things there is "Vater" (which must be related to "Far")
I am wondering, if the universal use of "Pappa" and "Mamma" doesn´t sound weird to Danes also. As it seems you are not using Mamma/mummy or Pappa/daddy at all...but only the more "formal" sounding Mor&Far.

However...I´d have also not considered "Far" and "Mor" as appropriate...he could have said "and now please help me to sing a song for Victoria"
I guess I am quite thin-skinned here, because I´ve read way too many interviews, where Victoria (and her siblings) had said "Pappa wouldn´t be happy about this and that...and Pappa thinks that...) IMO this sounds so childish for ppl in their twens! Victoria will be queen one day for heavens sake. Surely loyalty to the king is expected...and also a close relationship to her father. But all together...with the delay...and with Victoria´s thesaurus mostly being stuck at the level of an 13 year old...I am tired of this "Pappa&Mamma" thing...and tired of the court&king&queen calling Victoria, CP and Madeleine "ungdomar" (youngsters)

Last edited:
Well Lena after reading your argument you make very good points. I agree with the Childish manner of all of CP and her siblings. I think most of us on this forum can stand maybe one or two of the "youngsters" spouses, but after leaving for a while (I've been wanting to say this one for a while) I've found out that Emma, Jonas and Daniel aren't any Philippe Junots. From what you said Daniel sounds like he has the worst manners. I also understand it is inappropriate for Daniel to do what he did but it could be worse. I hope he mellows out. Dating a Royal is a package deal, esp Victoria. If you can't handle the press, you shouldn't be together.

We may find the siblings boring, but I think that's what we love about them. I just hope they can all grow up.

ruthieviews

I agree that the Swedish Royal Children seem immature compared to other royal offspring. Maybe this is a good thing. How many pictures have we seen of the British Royal Children falling bleary eyed out of clubs where they drop large amounts of money on specialty drinks and let their body guards toss them into the car for a ride home at 4:00 a.m. The raciest thing the Swedish Royal offspring do is hit the slopes with their significant others. They do all live together, but that is common in that area.

As for future weddings, we are all frustrated about the lack of any real progress. There is so much speculation about who to blame. There is a suspician that the King has made it impossible for CP Victoria and Daniel Westling to marry. Mabye he thinks if he withholds permission long enough, CP Victoria will give up and renounce her right to the throne. He was and is still pissed that the new law of succession allowed CP Victoria to become heir instead of his son. Then, there is the suspicion that he refused to grant the others permission to marry unless CP Victoria is married first, but without any royal permission for her to do so. This, of course would infuriate the others and put pressure on CP Victoria to move on or out. I know that the laws regarding royals marrying out of their station have been revised, but it may still be possible for the king to refuse permission anyway. Why haven't the others married before this? Maybe Daniel has legitimate business reasons for delaying marriage, but the others have no such excuses. Jonus is entering a new career and Emma is also busily employed, but there are no obvious reasons why either of them have delayed marriage for so long. Maybe the King has put together this Catch-22 situation. As for "training" Daniel, I think there has been enough time to train several consorts. He dresses beautifully, he presents himself well, and there is little left to "train." Letting Daniel move onto the grounds of the castle was newsworthy, but they have already been living together for a long time, while she is in town. Is the king trying to believe they don't, or at least give that impression? They used to attend a lot of gatherings and were photographed together. Then, all of a sudden they were not allowed to be photographed together. Photographers would take shots of them standing on either side of a wedding or christening party. How silly. They no longer walked together into gatherings. It was so petty. It was obviously an order from the King. No "together" pictures until you are engaged, but by the way, you do not have permission to be engaged. From the outside looking in, it all looks so unreasonable. Not having any real information gives us plenty to speculate about.

Last edited:
Has Daniel ever been in the military?Victoria's husband should be in or at least done service in the military.

Yup, he has. He even got top "grades" and could have easily made a career within the military. But as it seems he saw things as "necessary evil" and had asked for relocation to Hofors, where he had played in an Icehockey team.
IMO more than her hub, the crown princess should have done an full basic education in the military! Victoria isn´t one of those fragile girls, who faint all the time (something, which she had also proven in this short education, she had done) ...it should have been easy for her...

But all together...with the delay...and with Victoria´s thesaurus mostly being stuck at the level of an 13 year old...I am tired of this "Pappa&Mamma" thing...and tired of the court&king&queen calling Victoria, CP and Madeleine "ungdomar" (youngsters)
Very creepy! :wacko:

Having looked at the latest photos taken (I think) on her birthday, she seems to dress like a very young girl or teenager. And those ponytails . . . . . :argh:

I don't understand at all. When they are out among "their people" there is this whole "little girl" thing going on and then at the Noble awards out come the sparklers and gala dresses to die for. So, what is with this weird split persona thing? :blink:

I am knee deep into cleaning out old magazines. I have found mags of the last five years that were predicting the engagement, by Christmas, by her next birthday, before the next trip after the opening of the next gym.........I am still waiting........

i hope they have a wonderful private vacation. wow i've never seen him without those dorky glasses, he looks good! she only has one time to get it right, marriage is a BIG thing, i'm glad they're taking their time, 6 years is a long time tho. perhaps they have some personal goals they want to reach before getting married, something not likely to be known or shared with the public. thank you all for the links

As far as I know CP is together with Emma for at least the same long period like V and D. But in this case there´s also no engagement on the way as it seems. Don´t know what´s going on with the Swedish royal children.

This thread has reached 10 pages, so time to open a new one. Thanks to all who participated and we hope to see you in a new thread dedicated to the current events of Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling together, which you can find here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom