The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 07:02 AM
Commoner

i think she is reely kind woman and not too royal but like us. i herd many stories about her, she is more pretty in video then photografy.

Old 01-04-2008, 11:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Svenska Dagbladet´s article:
Victorias Daniel köper Folkan?
The article tells that Daniel Westling is planning to enlarge his gym businesses, he wants to open two more gyms. The other place Daniel is considering, is a former theater at Östermalmstorg.
SvD couldn´t reach Daniel for a comment.

Old 01-05-2008, 07:51 PM

hi i'm new there,
i find an article in Point de vue which was published some weeks, i don't know if you have already saw it but it's about Pss Victoria and Daniel W.,
and i don't how post photo with...
Old 01-05-2008, 10:05 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Svenska Dagbladet´s article:
Victorias Daniel köper Folkan?
The article tells that Daniel Westling is planning to enlarge his gym businesses, he wants to open two more gyms. The other place Daniel is considering, is a former theater at Östermalmstorg.
SvD couldn´t reach Daniel for a comment.
I wonder if this is true? If it is, does it mean he (or rather THEY) is not planning to be marrying anytime soon
Old 01-06-2008, 03:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

You can not put a business on hold and not grow or expand if you expect to eventually sell it. The better future his business has the easier it will be to sell - the assumption is that he will divest when he marries Victoria.
Old 01-06-2008, 04:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

You have to also remember, that Daniel doesn´t own these businesses alone, he has business partners and of course they want to make as good business as possible and expand.
Daniel is the chief executive of Master Training and owns 70 % of the shares. Master Training has gyms at the Nybrogatan and Kungsgatan and a golf estate at the castle of Bro Hoff.
He is also the chief executive of the Group Balance and a co-owner of the shares. The Balance has a gym at Lästmakargatan, and wants now to expand.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, I am here with Benny Johansson, who owned once the main part of Master Training I and whose way with Daniel parted, when Daniel wanted to expand more and more.
It´s better to have smaller things with profit, than a lot of bigger similiar projects with moderate profit and the more debts. But of course their risky moves could mean good financial results in several years...
However I am wondering, how they would pay Daniel out? On credit?
And the more I am wondering, if Daniel actually would want to get paid out.
Old 01-06-2008, 04:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

With a small business you will always have small profits. That is good for a "mom & pop" business but not enough if you are entreprenurial and interested in building something more substantial. An eventural sale will be executed the way they usually are - to the satisfaction and needs of the seller and buyer.
Old 01-06-2008, 05:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

With a small business you will always have small profits. That is good for a "mom & pop" business but not enough if you are entreprenurial and interested in building something more substantial. An eventural sale will be executed the way they usually are - to the satisfaction and needs of the seller and buyer.

I am agreeing basically with you.
But if we take this special situation as example...
Master Training I (and later II) were incredibly successful businesses in the old days with Benny Johansson and with the early fame of Mr. Westling. It was really like "skimming milk". They had in one year growth rates of more than 300% (2003 or 2004) Not so surprising, if one is considering, that their exclusive membership was really expensive. They got many members in those years. Their staff didn´t get much of the cake and in fact they had pretty much the same equipment as other gyms (life fitness etc.)
And then they parted and many precious customers went with Benny...and Daniel opened this very big open-for-all gym with lots of staff&stuff...As it seems it wasn´t that easy to get members and they went down with the membership costs.
So I´d say, it would be much wiser to take care of the exclusive clubs...to keep contact to the customers, to give them a feeling of being special. Those are/were a goldmine. He opened one more of them in this golf castle and maybe he would open an other one in these theaters. But of course á big chain would kill the "exclusiveness" and it would be difficult to keep the special attraction and quality (that some of the members seem to appreaciate in experienced Benny Johansson) and there is still Balance, that has to run with profit finally...

So me wouldn´t speak of "mom&pop"-business with this smart concept of exclusive gyms. And I´d have put more effort into them and would have invested the profit into non-gym-related things.
This could have meant a nicer goodbye-fortune for the Ex-gym-owner and new-born prince...but as I´ve said before, I am having my doubts, that he would actually say goodbye...and I am impressed by your constancy in this question. Why are you so sure, that they would marry? And would you assume, that he could keep the gyms as prince?
Old 01-07-2008, 03:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

I have no doubt they will marry but have no more information about them other than what is published in the press. I do not think Daniel will continue his business after marriage. It would put him and the royal family in a potentially awkward position if there were any appearances of conflicts of interest. I believe the "delay" in the official announcement of their relationship is due to Daniel's "prince" training, his business and the time needed to grow it into something valuable and Victoria's reigining queen training. They are almost there now where he has something valuable to sell and she has a solid training behind her.
Master Training was only one gym with very limited growth potential - Daniel did the right thing in moving on. Taking risks and trying new things are signs of entrepreneurs - being satisfied just because something is successful is not.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Expressen:
Victoria på kärlekssemester i Brasilien / Victoria´s Vacation of Love in Brazil
According to Expressen, Victoria and Daniel have been at a vacation in Brazil, they flew to Galeãos after Christmas. Nina Eldh, the Director of the Information of Swedish Royal Court, confirms that Victoria has been on a private vacation. A "source" says that Victoria and Daniel have longed for at go far away and they chose Brazil.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:06 PM
Courtier

Who knows, they may buy an engagement ring from the same jewellers that Fred did for Mary!...(said with jest)

Stellad
Old 01-09-2008, 01:57 AM
Gentry

I like them more and more as a couple as they have been able to blend such different personalities and stay together. Victoria seems more and more confident with Daniel and he seems a lot more comfortable with the publicity that being her partner generates.
If they decide to marry, I don't think the ceremony will be this year.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Jennys kungliga blogg/Svensk DAMtidning

The court reporter of the Svensk DAMtidning, Jenny Alexandersson, writes today at her blog that Victoria and Daniel met today a couple of their friends at Cafe Mocco in Östermalm. Victoria had a nice tan at her face from their trip to Brazil. They sat at a corner table. Victoria had jeans and a black jersey. Apparently Victoria and Daniel had done some shopping before entering the Cafe, there was a bag from Svenskt Tenn at the floor.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Administrator

Pics 7.2.2008

Swedish Crown Princess Victoria and boyfriend Daniel Westling
watching a Russia vs. Sweden hockey match in Stockholm 07
February, 2008:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 02-07-2008, 04:50 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Judging from his appearance (what else can we do) I like Daniel a lot, find him very likable. He looks like someone with a strong personality. I do hope they'll get married some day.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Dainel is cute, they have been together for a long time. I hope they get married, because if not that is many years she would have waisted.

Old 02-07-2008, 11:46 PM
Heir Apparent

He's a cute guy. I like his glasses. She seems to enjoy spending time with him.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:28 AM
Administrator

Here are some more of the nice pics of the couple from yesterday:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
Old 02-08-2008, 05:02 AM
Serene Highness

thanks for those pics!!!

they're so happy together!! let's pray for a wedding very soon!!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Closed Thread

Tags
crown princess victoria, current events, daniel westling, relationships