Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling, Current Events Part 5: April 2007 - Sept 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think she is reely kind woman and not too royal but like us. i herd many stories about her, she is more pretty in video then photografy.

Svenska Dagbladet´s article:
Victorias Daniel köper Folkan?
The article tells that Daniel Westling is planning to enlarge his gym businesses, he wants to open two more gyms. The other place Daniel is considering, is a former theater at Östermalmstorg.
SvD couldn´t reach Daniel for a comment.

hi i'm new there,
i find an article in Point de vue which was published some weeks, i don't know if you have already saw it but it's about Pss Victoria and Daniel W.,
and i don't how post photo with...

Svenska Dagbladet´s article:
Victorias Daniel köper Folkan?
The article tells that Daniel Westling is planning to enlarge his gym businesses, he wants to open two more gyms. The other place Daniel is considering, is a former theater at Östermalmstorg.
SvD couldn´t reach Daniel for a comment.

I wonder if this is true? If it is, does it mean he (or rather THEY) is not planning to be marrying anytime soon:ermm:

You can not put a business on hold and not grow or expand if you expect to eventually sell it. The better future his business has the easier it will be to sell - the assumption is that he will divest when he marries Victoria.

You have to also remember, that Daniel doesn´t own these businesses alone, he has business partners and of course they want to make as good business as possible and expand.
Daniel is the chief executive of Master Training and owns 70 % of the shares. Master Training has gyms at the Nybrogatan and Kungsgatan and a golf estate at the castle of Bro Hoff.
He is also the chief executive of the Group Balance and a co-owner of the shares. The Balance has a gym at Lästmakargatan, and wants now to expand.

Well, I am here with Benny Johansson, who owned once the main part of Master Training I and whose way with Daniel parted, when Daniel wanted to expand more and more.
It´s better to have smaller things with profit, than a lot of bigger similiar projects with moderate profit and the more debts. But of course their risky moves could mean good financial results in several years...
However I am wondering, how they would pay Daniel out? On credit?
And the more I am wondering, if Daniel actually would want to get paid out. :rolleyes:

With a small business you will always have small profits. That is good for a "mom & pop" business but not enough if you are entreprenurial and interested in building something more substantial. An eventural sale will be executed the way they usually are - to the satisfaction and needs of the seller and buyer.

With a small business you will always have small profits. That is good for a "mom & pop" business but not enough if you are entreprenurial and interested in building something more substantial. An eventural sale will be executed the way they usually are - to the satisfaction and needs of the seller and buyer.

I am agreeing basically with you.
But if we take this special situation as example...
Master Training I (and later II) were incredibly successful businesses in the old days with Benny Johansson and with the early fame of Mr. Westling. It was really like "skimming milk". They had in one year growth rates of more than 300% (2003 or 2004) Not so surprising, if one is considering, that their exclusive membership was really expensive. They got many members in those years. Their staff didn´t get much of the cake and in fact they had pretty much the same equipment as other gyms (life fitness etc.)
And then they parted and many precious customers went with Benny...and Daniel opened this very big open-for-all gym with lots of staff&stuff...As it seems it wasn´t that easy to get members and they went down with the membership costs.
So I´d say, it would be much wiser to take care of the exclusive clubs...to keep contact to the customers, to give them a feeling of being special. Those are/were a goldmine. He opened one more of them in this golf castle and maybe he would open an other one in these theaters. But of course á big chain would kill the "exclusiveness" and it would be difficult to keep the special attraction and quality (that some of the members seem to appreaciate in experienced Benny Johansson) and there is still Balance, that has to run with profit finally...

So me wouldn´t speak of "mom&pop"-business with this smart concept of exclusive gyms. And I´d have put more effort into them and would have invested the profit into non-gym-related things.
This could have meant a nicer goodbye-fortune for the Ex-gym-owner and new-born prince...but as I´ve said before, I am having my doubts, that he would actually say goodbye...and I am impressed by your constancy in this question. Why are you so sure, that they would marry? And would you assume, that he could keep the gyms as prince?

I have no doubt they will marry but have no more information about them other than what is published in the press. I do not think Daniel will continue his business after marriage. It would put him and the royal family in a potentially awkward position if there were any appearances of conflicts of interest. I believe the "delay" in the official announcement of their relationship is due to Daniel's "prince" training, his business and the time needed to grow it into something valuable and Victoria's reigining queen training. They are almost there now where he has something valuable to sell and she has a solid training behind her.
Master Training was only one gym with very limited growth potential - Daniel did the right thing in moving on. Taking risks and trying new things are signs of entrepreneurs - being satisfied just because something is successful is not.

Expressen:
Victoria på kärlekssemester i Brasilien / Victoria´s Vacation of Love in Brazil
According to Expressen, Victoria and Daniel have been at a vacation in Brazil, they flew to Galeãos after Christmas. Nina Eldh, the Director of the Information of Swedish Royal Court, confirms that Victoria has been on a private vacation. A "source" says that Victoria and Daniel have longed for at go far away and they chose Brazil.

Who knows, they may buy an engagement ring from the same jewellers that Fred did for Mary!...(said with jest)

Stellad

I like them more and more as a couple as they have been able to blend such different personalities and stay together. Victoria seems more and more confident with Daniel and he seems a lot more comfortable with the publicity that being her partner generates.
If they decide to marry, I don't think the ceremony will be this year.

Jennys kungliga blogg/Svensk DAMtidning

The court reporter of the Svensk DAMtidning, Jenny Alexandersson, writes today at her blog that Victoria and Daniel met today a couple of their friends at Cafe Mocco in Östermalm. Victoria had a nice tan at her face from their trip to Brazil. They sat at a corner table. Victoria had jeans and a black jersey. Apparently Victoria and Daniel had done some shopping before entering the Cafe, there was a bag from Svenskt Tenn at the floor.

Pics 7.2.2008

Swedish Crown Princess Victoria and boyfriend Daniel Westling
watching a Russia vs. Sweden hockey match in Stockholm 07
February, 2008:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Judging from his appearance (what else can we do) I like Daniel a lot, find him very likable. He looks like someone with a strong personality. I do hope they'll get married some day.

Dainel is cute, they have been together for a long time. I hope they get married, because if not that is many years she would have waisted.

He's a cute guy. I like his glasses. She seems to enjoy spending time with him.

thanks for those pics!!!

they're so happy together!! let's pray for a wedding very soon!!

I really admire Victoria and must say that she became such a strong person and is dealing with her difficult situation in a very confident and mature matter. With difficult I mean that as a female CP - and later as Queen - she has a much tougher job to do as her male counterparts, in my opinion. She will be the monarch, will have to give birth to children before the biological clock runs out and raise them, will have to work very hard, will have the main responsibility for everything, will have to find a suitable husband who is not scared of his supporting role etc etc. It's a though and demanding schedule that she won't be able to share with her partner as much as her male counterparts are able to, whose consort wives at least give birth to the children and play a main part in raising them. There are plenty of examples of difficulties that similar couples had to experience (Queen Margrethe in terms of raising her children and royal husbands struggling with their roles in the shadow, be it Princes Henrik, Philip, Claus or his father in law Bernhard). Keeping all this in mind I am always happy looking at Victoria enjoying herself and being comfortable in her role; good luck for the future and I do hope that Daniel is the one!

I really admire Victoria and must say that she became such a strong person and is dealing with her difficult situation in a very confident and mature matter.

It's a bit worrying though that neither Victoria nor her siblings seem to think of getting married and becoming parents. King Boudouin at least had his brother's children when he did not become a father himself, but Victoria does not have that yet.

Expressen:
Victoria på kärlekssemester i Brasilien / Victoria´s Vacation of Love in Brazil
According to Expressen, Victoria and Daniel have been at a vacation in Brazil, they flew to Galeãos after Christmas. Nina Eldh, the Director of the Information of Swedish Royal Court, confirms that Victoria has been on a private vacation. A "source" says that Victoria and Daniel have longed for at go far away and they chose Brazil.

Doesn't Victoria have cousins or other family in Brazil?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a bit worrying though that neither Victoria nor her siblings seem to think of getting married and becoming parents. King Boudouin at least had his brother's children when he did not become a father himself, but Victoria does not have that yet.

Victoria is a young lady she has a lot of time before becoming a mother. I think she waits to marry Daniel because wants him to be sure about his future role in the country. Maybe she need more time to decise is he the one for her. when she accept the final decision we get a lot of wedding pictures with their happy faces on its. :wub:

Aftonbladet has an article about Victoria and Daniel at the hockey game:
”Westling – mer vilja än talang...”
The article tells that Daniel has played at the same team than the swedish hockey player Andreas Johansson when they were 13 or 14 years old. Johansson said that perhals Daniel had more will than skill, but that he was ok. Johansson had known that Daniel would be watching this game.

I really like Victoria. She seems so intelligent, confident and mature. I am also happy to see that she hasn't rushed into marriage, and that she is enjoying her youth. She still has plenty of time ahead of her for marriage and family, and I'm sure that she will excel at balancing her personal life with her royal duties. She is a great example for young girls (especially in today's society where young girls don't have many positive figures to look up to).

Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling were today at the icehockey match between Sweden and Finland in Stockholm.

Wow. They must be quite the hockey fans. Do you know if there are any photos yet?

I haven´t seen any photos of this match. I saw them on TV, when I was watching the game, Finland won and I was happy.
At the beginning of the match they showed only Daniel, apparently Victoria game to the hall at the middle of the game, because she was shown later.

Wow. They must be quite the hockey fans. Do you know if there are any photos yet?

Just saw a couple of pictures on the Monaco Forum, CP Victoria & Daniel seem to really be into the game. Well at least we know they are still together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom