The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 05:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling, Current Events Part 4: May 2006 - March 2007

Welcome to part 4 of the current news and events relating to Crown Princess Victoria and her boyfriend, Daniel Westling.

The previous thread can be found here. Please also remember to follow TRF Posting Rules and Guidelines

Happy posting! :)

Old 07-15-2006, 06:05 PM
Nobility

Daniel

Daniel was invited to Solliden and among the nearest 20 friends to the family. King Carl Gustaf had allowed Daniel be among the other guests at the official party, but Daniel declined.

We don´t know if there will be a marriage in the future but I think we must give Daniel the same chanse as the commoner girls (Spain, Denmark, Norway, Netherlands etc.) have had when they married royals and had their title. It´s no scandals with Daniel and that´s not a matter of course among the girs (and ladies) who have been married into Royal familys.

Old 07-16-2006, 03:03 AM
Courtier

Maybe he declined cause it is over?
Old 07-16-2006, 04:14 AM
Nobility

Private dinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixer2002de
Maybe he declined cause it is over?
No, he was among the 20 most close friends at the dinner after the official party. Hes declined the official festival with Swedish broadcast TV and well known artists.

Me, myself, personally, think it was a well-considered decision. Imagine the way the international and Swedish scandal press would have been fantasizing about Daniel in the crowd at the consert!?
Old 07-16-2006, 07:40 AM
Courtier

well it would have just been perfect to get his gymn topic out of the media :p
Old 07-16-2006, 06:37 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixer2002de
well it would have just been perfect to get his gymn topic out of the media :p
That would not have been a dignified ceremony at CP Victorias birthday. Maybe just because Daniel do understand the differenses he is worthy being an Crownprincess consort? He makes a difference!
Old 07-16-2006, 09:45 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karisma
Daniel was invited to Solliden and among the nearest 20 friends to the family. King Carl Gustaf had allowed Daniel be among the other guests at the official party, but Daniel declined.

We don´t know if there will be a marriage in the future but I think we must give Daniel the same chanse as the commoner girls (Spain, Denmark, Norway, Netherlands etc.) have had when they married royals and had their title. It´s no scandals with Daniel and that´s not a matter of course among the girs (and ladies) who have been married into Royal familys.
I have this feeling the couple is about to hit the wall soon after this. You just don't skip your girlfriend's birthday party just like that, I mean, since the last one he had 365 days to plan ahead.
Old 07-17-2006, 05:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toledo
I have this feeling the couple is about to hit the wall soon after this. You just don't skip your girlfriend's birthday party just like that, I mean, since the last one he had 365 days to plan ahead.
but he didn´t! He was at Öland, just not at the official party at the sports field. He probably didn´t wanted to take the attention away from the birthday girl. Or have three zillions cameras taking photos of him
Old 07-17-2006, 06:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
but he didn´t! He was at Öland, just not at the official party at the sports field. He probably didn´t wanted to take the attention away from the birthday girl. Or have three zillions cameras taking photos of him
I go for the second
I don´t get the argument of ppl saying, that he could have taken the attention from the bday girl. Wouldn´t a woman in love be happy, when her partner is accepted and cheered?? Besides if I should be honest...I think Victoria is a bit torn about the party at Borgholm. It´s a perfect PR opportunity (in fact I think together with the Nobel pics, these are the pics even ppl get to see, who are not much into the Swedish Royal family or Sweden at all) and she is surely not a person, who seems to hate attention ...but I can´t help...to me she also looks always quite embarrassed :o She seems to me, as if she would prefer the meeting with the ppl at Solliden in the afternoon...and of course the private birthday party in the evening...and the strawberry cake together with a birthday song in the morning (wonder, how they handle it, since Daniel is around...does he need to sleep in another room )
Old 07-17-2006, 07:03 AM
Aristocracy

As I understood it Daniel, Emma and Jonas were all invited to the private celebration of Victoria's birthday, but (of course) not to the public one since there are no officially announced engagements.

What goes for Daniel's behaviour in Båstad with journalists - he does the right thing. The worst thing would be a media craving sucker who blabbers to the press as they were his best friends.

Those of you who wonder why Daniel market his gym in Båstad; it's a well-known fact that all ''rich'' people, who normally party at Stureplan, they go to Båstad, Marstrand and Gotland in the summertime.

I just read in a paper Båstad triples it's size from 14.000 to some 40.000 people during July. Miles of beaches with golden sand.

If people don't like the Balance Axa gym I guess he just has to change the concept. Like any clever business man would do.

Toledo > Despight your scepticism, I am certain there will be a wedding within the next year. All the signs are there.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneborn

What goes for Daniel's behaviour in Båstad with journalists - he does the right thing. The worst thing would be a media craving sucker who blabbers to the press as they were his best friends.
I would agree if
a) He wouldn´t promote his gyms via interviews in DI or METRO
b) If he would stay and would have stayed friendly and wouldn´t carry this extreme cynical smile around...everytime he gets photographed. He seems to hate these press ppl. Well, who could blame him. Nyhlén and Co are simply a pain in the ass. But they belong to the whole circus. And if he doesn´t accept it, he will neither make points with the people, nor he will do the Swedish Monarchy a favour.

Quote:
Toledo > Despight your scepticism, I am certain there will be a wedding within the next year. All the signs are there.
And how do you see this in connection with Victoria´s probably time-craving diplomacy course and the fact, that Daniel´s gym is still 1600 members away from it´s full capacity...and full potential of profit
Old 07-18-2006, 06:39 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
I would agree if
a) He wouldn´t promote his gyms via interviews in DI or METRO
b) If he would stay and would have stayed friendly and wouldn´t carry this extreme cynical smile around...everytime he gets photographed. He seems to hate these press ppl. Well, who could blame him. Nyhlén and Co are simply a pain in the ass. But they belong to the whole circus. And if he doesn´t accept it, he will neither make points with the people, nor he will do the Swedish Monarchy a favour.

And how do you see this in connection with Victoria´s probably time-craving diplomacy course and the fact, that Daniel´s gym is still 1600 members away from it´s full capacity...and full potential of profit
there's a big difference how to take on the press before and after an engagement.

there's also a big difference how to handle ordinary papers and celebrity magazines.

i agree it's an extremely tricky and undesired position, to market his gym and keep quiet about a romance at the same time.

before an engagement is announced it can only be akward and there's really no text book how to handle it.

we can only speculate why Daniel's gym isn't successful. if clients feel they don't get value for their money they won't advertise it to friends and family.

or it could be the good old swedish law of jealousy. people (read: upper class, educated people with money on Östermalm) simply don't want this (in their eyes) plain, uneducated, unacademic guy to have success.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneborn

or it could be the good old swedish law of jealousy. people (read: upper class, educated people with money on Östermalm) simply don't want this (in their eyes) plain, uneducated, unacademic guy to have success.
Yes, the Swedish jealousy...an quite interesting phenomenon, if you ask me. It was quite funny to see, how the opinions towards Daniel in the Swedish forums changed, as soon as he had dropped the trucker look and changed to "Östermalmsk style". Suddenly he wasn´t anymore one out of their middle, but one of "them, up there" and for the ppl up there, he probably always will stay one from "down there"

My guess is and was that the market is simply saturated. Why should every person in Östermalm want to work out in a gym?? Daniel said in an interview, that only 10% of all Swedes go regularly into gyms and that this means a lot of potential. I disagree, because I think it´s something you really have to like (being watched and compared etc.) and there are so many other possibilities for doing sports. And even though money is surely not a problem in Östermalm, I could easily imagine, that not everyone is keen to pay so much money and to train in such an "hip" ambience, where you seem maybe like the "chubby wrong thing" in the picture. Some ppl surely WANT to be seen and want to have contact with other members, but I guess a certain group just wants to get a good and hot look for other activities (clubs, restaurants, vacation) and why should one then prefer to work out with a high red face in a sweaty gym, while one can also undergo this pain in a more relaxed and cheaper surrounding...
Old 07-26-2006, 11:06 AM
Nobility

Well I think in the face she resembles Madeline alittle bit.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:49 AM
Heir Apparent

This past Saturday Daniel Westling (looking absolutely hideous, and his friend even worse) celebrated yet another friend's wedding by attending the groom's bachelor party. The wedding was in Örebro.

Richard Ström via Expressen
Old 07-31-2006, 05:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Daniel was at a friends bachelor party in Örebro this weekend. They went to the club "Strömpis" and sat in the VIP area.
They asked me to arrange a nice evening, said Tony Fransson, cheif at the night club

http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=645392

haha, you beat me by three minutes GrandDuchess:P

Daniel smiling at the photographer, thats a sight we´re not used to see... seems like he is getting used to the attention. To bad we dont see him and Victoria together anymore.... but that might change soon, who knows :)
Old 07-31-2006, 12:31 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
Daniel smiling at the photographer, thats a sight we´re not used to see... seems like he is getting used to the attention.
he was drunk and thought the picture was part of a video / photo book made for the couple.

just my suggestion
Old 07-31-2006, 12:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Charming Well he looks quite dressed up next to the fellow in his "helsetrøye"
Is it me or does it seem to be a bride in the background as well?
Richard Strøm foto
If I worked for the german tabloids now I could write a master piece on how he is finally happy because he has gottne married in secret
Old 07-31-2006, 01:39 PM
Courtier

What kind of bachelor party do you go to that you "want" to wear a "mesh tank top" And cut off jean shorts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
Is it me or does it seem to be a bride in the background as well?
Yes Larzen. That is a bride in the pic. She is leaning over to the left and has on a veil. Kind of odd to have a bride at a bachelor party? Maybe she was a dancer dressed up as the bride? Who knows.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:08 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
This past Saturday Daniel Westling (looking absolutely hideous, and his friend even worse) celebrated yet another friend's wedding by attending the groom's bachelor party. The wedding was in Örebro.

Richard Ström via Expressen

Daniel Westling doesn't look to Regal in this photo! LoL!

Tags
crown princess victoria, current events, daniel westling, relationships