The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 10:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Not long ago there were photos of the King and Queen scrubbing and cleaning their boat in St Tropez. The royal expert must have had a fit over that.

Old 08-28-2006, 11:23 AM
Commoner

I have seen wonderful photos of HRH Fredrick of Denmark carrying groceries, luggage and stories of his cooking breakfast for his future mother in law.
Maybe that is the strength of the modern monarchy - the ability to bridge.

Old 08-28-2006, 12:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
A royal expert says that he shouldnt do things like that once he becomes royal as it "takes away the magic of royalty. They cannot be to "ordinary".
What a bunch of bull crap. If anything, royals doing "ordinary" things are a part of what keeps modern monarchies in existence. People want to see that their royal families can relate to them in some ways and not to be these detached people who have no idea how it's like to like like a commoner. More power to them!
Old 08-28-2006, 02:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilla
Remember the pictures of Hakoon carrying a huge big mirror into his and Mette-Marit's flat? And her carrying dozens of IKEA bags? So far the Norwegian monarchy has not collapsed on account of their doing "ordinary" things. We'll see if the Swedish and Norwegian royals will survive the blow of having "ordinary" people becoming part of the family.
Well, Mette Marit ist "just" 5 years crown princess. Probably even not an rich investor supporting secretly republican campaigns could have brought the Monarchy down in that time. Watching how Mette Marit has influenced the Norwegian Monarchy is a long time project (just as you hint it).
IMO being too ordinary is just as bad for the institution Monarchy, which has to manage the (fragile) balance, between inborn superiority and a charitable do-gooder character, as being too spoilt and "brat-ish". But if you ask me, helping a friend will always make more points than holidaying with the non (or hardly) working jetset in St. Tropez. And I might be wrong, but IMO the Swedish republican movement with their values is not directly representative for the "general" Swedish opinion on the Monarchy. But I must give them, that maybe an imported noble, who knows, where his place is and who could profit from an inborn self confidence, coming from the knowledge, where he is coming from, could be better for the Monarchy in the long run.
Well...well...but as many ppl here said before, itīs most important that Victoria (and Daniel!) are happy

As usual superficial note from my side: Daniel looks in these pics body-wise much more hotter than in the vacation pics from Italy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlightrhapsody
What a bunch of bull crap. If anything, royals doing "ordinary" things are a part of what keeps modern monarchies in existence. People want to see that their royal families can relate to them in some ways and not to be these detached people who have no idea how it's like to like like a commoner. More power to them!
Well, "in some ways", yes! But if they become too ordinary it automatically raises in a thinking citizen the question, why they can do the very well paid job and not them. I donīt say, that a president is always smarter or better than the ordinary citizen, but at least his/her position is part of the citizens will.
IMO for most young Royals the only real possibilities for making points are charity and most of all an ideal seeming family life, with the children playing a special role. Nothing is better for acceptance than to cry loud in the traditional baptism dress, to jump around as naked toddler with fluffy hair, or to grin with a gap in your teeth into the camera at your first school day...just ask Vickan
In some ways these described things are also ordinary situations, but I think thereīs a difference to a grownup Royal by marriage showing ordinary behaviour. Here wanting to seem ordinary could be fatal for the staged fairytale of the prince and princess in glitter and gloria, or it could seem fake/manipulative (at least if you combine it with Prada ). Then again...Iīve watched 6 crown princely weddings in the past years and in every case most ppl didnīt hesitate a second to call the person "crown princess" only minutes after the vow...and Iīve seen ppl cherring them, when getting a xx thousand $ dress from their tax money and praising the crown princess at the same time for her modesty. So maybe here (as so often) the wish for an illusion is stronger than logical thinking. In consequence it would mean, that Daniel could do, what he wants. Ppl will swallow it
Old 09-15-2006, 07:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Daniel is celebrating his 33rd birthday today. And the king has his 33rd anniversary as king today (and if Iīm not wrong ETW also celebrates her bday today ) What I realised in this connection...itīs not just that "prince" Daniel would need to go 3 steps behind his bestly beloved wife, he also could never enjoy big birthdays alone. If he would want to have a big birthday bash at his 50th birthday, the king would celebrate 50 years on the throne. Isnīt that sad (snief) And somehow itīs also ironic! It would be more than interesting to know, what hour Daniel was born. Maybe the same, Carl Gustaf became king (which must have been the hour king Gustaf VI Adolf died) If I would share a mind with my esoteric touched cousins, I would see this as sign
BTW...wouldnīt 33 be an good age to get engaged?
Old 09-15-2006, 07:54 AM
Aristocracy

Who is ETW?
Old 09-15-2006, 08:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

ETW - Elisabeth Tarras Wahlberg, courtmarshal and mentor of Victoria, thin, tall, stern looking woman with white hair, you see her is most events with Victoria. She used to be the information director of the palace but now she devotes herslef to Victoria full time . You can read an interview and see pictures of her in this topic

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ght=staff+work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
Daniel is celebrating his 33rd birthday today. And the king has his 33rd anniversary as king today (and if Iīm not wrong ETW also celebrates her bday today ) What I realised in this connection...itīs not just that "prince" Daniel would need to go 3 steps behind his bestly beloved wife, he also could never enjoy big birthdays alone. If he would want to have a big birthday bash at his 50th birthday, the king would celebrate 50 years on the throne. Isnīt that sad (snief) And somehow itīs also ironic! It would be more than interesting to know, what hour Daniel was born. Maybe the same, Carl Gustaf became king (which must have been the hour king Gustaf VI Adolf died) If I would share a mind with my esoteric touched cousins, I would see this as sign
BTW...wouldnīt 33 be an good age to get engaged?
How do you think of all theese things yes 33 is an excellent age to get engaged, if possible before nobel
Old 09-15-2006, 07:13 PM
Commoner

Happy b day then, but i just dont know, why do i have this feeling that he is not the right one for her? but yet again, love is something no one can explain :Plol does anybody share this opinion with me?
Old 10-03-2006, 04:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Some love it, some hate it..."Kungafamiljen", part of TV4īs comedy programme "Hey Baberiba" The king seems to belong to the group of "haters"...nonetheless the 3 are going on. Also this autumn. This time they are showing, how the "Royal family" could live in 2026.

"Victoria" is married to the Luxembourgian prince "Jean Jacque" and "Daniel Westling" works as physiotherapist (after a big gym crash in 2010)
Iīve posted this, because I know, that many ppl could live very well with this imagination (even though there is obviously no Jean Jaque )
The producer of the show said, that since he is making the show, they (V&D) didnīt get 1mm forward in the wedding question. And this is his way of "helping". Honestly I must admit, that it would be a hard thing to swallow, if Iīd be in Victoriaīs and Danielīs position. Of course itīs just a silly show. But the opinions on Daniel being not "good" enough, the thing with the gyms not really running, are all reality...it seems

http://wwwb.aftonbladet.se/vss/noje/...888657,00.html
Old 10-07-2006, 06:26 AM
Commoner

Is the person on the right Victoria?

Who is the person in the middle and on the left? Thanks :)
Old 10-10-2006, 01:26 AM
Aristocracy

STOCKHOLM 08.10.2006
Princess Madeleine, Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling, boyfriend of CP Victoria attends a church service celebrating the 700-year anniversary of Storkyrkan cathedral in Stockholm.

Photos from: www.anp-photo.com

Old 10-10-2006, 04:27 AM
Aristocracy

Victoria looks very pretty today. I am happy that they are together in some acts, hopefully they will marry some day.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanorama
Is the person on the right Victoria?

Who is the person in the middle and on the left? Thanks :)
They are all actors in the show "Hey barberiba". Its a satire about the royal family
Old 10-10-2006, 04:55 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tartucat
STOCKHOLM 08.10.2006
Princess Madeleine, Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling, boyfriend of CP Victoria attends a church service celebrating the 700-year anniversary of Storkyrkan cathedral in Stockholm.

Photos from: www.anp-photo.com
CP Victoria is looking very beautiful. Red colour suits her well. However, I just don't like Daniel W.'s glasses Why so big and dark frames?
Old 10-11-2006, 05:57 AM
Commoner

Victoria looks great in red.
Quote:
I donīt talk about women getting at a later point in life a "pet for the family" (as it was e.g. with princess Caroline of Monaco and her Alexandra)
What a horrible & untrue thing to say. Her daughter is in noway shape or form a "pet" or is treated as such.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:13 AM
Serene Highness

I love princess red outfit it really suits to her!
Has anyone noticed, that Victoria and Daniel are in face a little similar?
Old 10-11-2006, 11:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOT FOG?
Victoria looks great in red.

What a horrible & untrue thing to say. Her daughter is in noway shape or form a "pet" or is treated as such.
Never heard the phrase "Pet of the family" for the youngest (mostly said, when the youngest child is a lot younger than the second youngest)?
Itīs not my invention, but a phrase or term...as e.g. "doll" as term of endearment for a little girl. Does this mean the little girl is out of plastic or porcelain
Old 10-11-2006, 02:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tartucat
However, I just don't like Daniel W.'s glasses Why so big and dark frames?
LOL, I like his glasses! Though I may be a little biased because I have the small but dark frames. It's the secretary look, very in lately, though I prefer them to be smaller than Daniel's!
Old 10-14-2006, 04:15 PM

If you ask me Daniel spends too much time in his office and not enough time in his gym
Old 10-28-2006, 07:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack lambert
If you ask me Daniel spends too much time in his office and not enough time in his gym
Well .. now that he has more than one gym and a manager for each, there is some time needed to make sure the underlings 'perform' !

That is just one of the woes with growing a business ... moving from the 'hands on' to an indirect role.

Hope Daniel succeeds with his game - plan.

Tags
crown princess victoria, current events, daniel westling, relationships